At All Costs || Jerrie

By HauntedHaunter

Police officer Jade Thirlwall has to do everything in her power to protect her girlfriend Perrie Edwards when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 15

1.8K 67 16
By HauntedHaunter

*Three days later*

Perrie
Who knew I'd sit in my office this sunny Thursday afternoon, smiling from ear to ear- considering all that's happened- as I graded my students's homework? Four days ago, I wasn't able to smile nor feel anything but sadness. Fortunately, that had changed now.

Jade was finally getting better. Doctor Tilley removed her from the ICU on Tuesday and gave her a "normal" room, where she could continue her recovery. She didn't need the nasal oxygen catheter anymore, she could breathe perfectly fine on her own. And she could walk and run like a healthy person in her age should be able to do. So it was no wonder why I was so happy today.

The only thing taking away some of the happiness, though, was that Olivia hadn't shown her face since Zac and his partner Dwayne came to tell her about her sister's death. I understood why she decided not to come, losing a loved one is extremely heartbreaking and it takes time to process and accept the fact that the person you love is gone. Still, I hoped she would come back soon. I didn't want her to deal with the loss and heartache alone.

I was reading through Jacob Allen's critical analysis of Suzanne Collins's book The Hunger Games: Catching Fire when my phone began buzzing like an angry bee. Curious about who it might be, I put his well-written essay aside and picked up my phone from the tabletop in mahogany.

Seeing Leigh-Anne's contact name flash across the screen, I immediately clicked on the blue message icon, eager to find out what she wanted. Hopefully she had news about Jade, or just wanted to grab something to eat, which my stomach would appreciate since it'd been almost over three hours since the last time food entered my system.

My Nacho Queen💗: Need your help, Pezmania. Meet me by my car at the car park ASAP!!!

Me: I'll be out in five, darling.

I collected the essays I hadn't graded yet from my desk. Not really having the time to pack them down carefully, I just stuffed them in my bag. As soon as I had what I needed to be able to work from home, I left my office.

A group of jocks wolf-whistled when I walked them by. My cheeks took on a crimson colour. I clenched my jaw. My heart rate skyrocketed, went from a normal 60-100 bpm to over 100 bpm. The vital organ in my chest pounded abnormally fast. Wolf-whistling was disrespectful and one of the many things I hated more than I hated cheese.

Those idiots were lucky Jade didn't hear or see them, because she would've whopped their asses without a second thought. She never took bullshit from anyone nor accepted it when someone behaved disrespectfully.

Now Jade might look like something straight out of a dream, but she wasn't the one you'd pick a fight with. The saying "appearances can be deceiving" fit her well in that way that even though she looked like a soft little muffin, she was the one in control, what hid under her princess-like face was years and years of life-changing events that had made her to who she was today. She would be the one to make a dangerous situation less dangerous by maneuvering the "bad guys" with her police skills. You never knew what her next move would be. People couldn't see past her good looks. But Jade was a badass. Both on and off duty.

The anger drained out of me like blood from an open wound when a cool breeze kissed my pale face. My heart rate decreased significantly as I drew in a breath of fresh mid-spring air. Every inch of my body relaxed. Weird how a little fresh air could have such positive effects.

"Alright, time to find Leigh-Leigh" I said calmly to myself.

My gaze wandered over the almost empty car park, searching for Leigh-Anne's car. All I saw, though, was cars belonging to the other teachers. Nothing out here indicated that Leigh was here, waiting for me to come help her with whatever she needed help with.

Slightly annoyed for being interrupted in the middle of grading my students's essays, I fished my phone out of the back pocket of my white ripped jeans. I dialed the number I knew by heart and put the phone to my ear. Three dial tones passed, then a recorded version of my best friend's cheerful voice said: "Hi, it's Leigh-Anne speaking, I can't talk now, but feel free to leave a message."

"Goddammit, Leigh-Anne!" I shouted at my phone.

"I see that someone's not in a good mood" a soft female voice said.

"Me best friend is not here, like she said she would" I responded, annoyed that Leigh did this to me when she knew I had a whole lot of work to catch up with.

"Maybe she's just running a little late. London traffic is the worst, after all. Me mam is never on time when she comes here to visit me."

Hold up, wait. There's only one other person in London besides from me who pronounces "my" as "me" and "mum" as "mam". But that other person was hospitalized for being shot with an electrical gun and almost drowning after falling into the water.

You and Jade are not the only Geordies in London. Perrie, get a grip!

I decided it was time for me to stop looking at my phone like it was the most interesting thing in the world and find out for myself who this mysterious woman who sounded a lot like my girl Jade, could be.

Inhaling another breath of fresh air, I removed my gaze from my phone and looked up at Miss Unknown. Seeing who she was, my heart abruptly stopped beating. Everything around me stopped, it was as if someone had pressed pause and the only ones able to move were me and her.

"Jade?" I asked, couldn't quite grasp the fact that she stood an arm-length from me.

"That's me name" she smiled.

"But..." I trailed off, too taken aback.

Jade was supposed to be at the hospital, to rest up so she could come back home fully recovered. Doctor Tilley said she had to stay a few more days, the plan wasn't to discharge her earlier than we agreed on. However, I was just happy my baby didn't lie in a bed where people had died anymore. The days without her were awful. Thank God they were now over, now I didn't have to wake up and fall asleep alone.

"You're okay! You're actually okay! Baba, I've missed you so much!"

Squealing, I dropped everything and ran straight into my girlfriend's arms. I threw my arms around her neck, smiled so wide that my face started to hurt, and buried my face in her chest. Pure happiness flowed in my blood, washing out every ounce of dark, negative feelings out of my system.

"Careful now, Pezza. Me chest still hurts" Jade chuckled lightly.

"Sorry, baba" I apologized.

Reluctantly I ended the heartwarming hugging-session and took a step back, observing every inch of Jade's pretty face.

"Would you like to go home or would you rather stand there and stare at me like I'm some kind of legendary animal?" Jade asked softly.

"I'd like to go home. With you" I smiled.

"Of course, m'lady. Me car is over there" she said as she reached out her hand.

Pleased with having my girl back, I placed my hand in hers. I flashed her a loving smile, which she was quick to answer, then we walked hand-in-hand to the car that was an emotional trip down memory lane everytime we sat in it.

At home.

We were lying on the couch, browsing through the unnecessary many channels on the telly, trying to find something interesting to watch. Jade massaged my scalp as she muttered how annoying it was that nothing worth watching were on. I just smiled at her while doing my very best to prevent myself from falling asleep.

"Your phone's ringing, babe" I said when I felt how her phone buzzed in her pocket, sending shivers down my spine as it buzzed against the lower part of my back.

Jade dug it up rather quickly. As soon as she answered, I knew it was someone from work who wanted to get ahold of her. Even though I knew Jade couldn't go back to work due to her being discharged from the hospital so early on, I still felt anxious they would call her in and say she had to come to the station right away.

"Hi, Jesminda...Wait, what? Did you just arrest the guy who's working for Sam?...Oh wow, how'd you get away?...I see...Is he down at the station now?...The questioning starts tomorrow? Who's gonna hold it?...Me? I'm not supposed to work until next week, Doctor Tilley told me that...We'll work something out, like we always do...Sure, I'll tell her...Be careful...I love you...Bye-bye."

A deep sigh escaped her lips. Curious what the call was about, I removed my gaze from the telly screen and turned around so our lips were inches apart. Her hot breath slapped me in the face. Good thing I didn't have a sense of smell. I could almost bet all my money that she had dragon breath considering the doctors nor any of us who visited her didn't brush her teeth while she laid unconscious in a hospital bed.

"Hey there" Jade smiled goofily.

"What did Jesy want?" I asked curiously.

"Just let me know she and Lauren arrested the guy who's working for Sam. He's down at the station now, and he's being questioned first thing tomorrow morning" she explained calmly.

"Already?" I asked, confusion lacing my voice as I thought questionings didn't take place so early on after an arrest. According to Jade, the police had to gather proof as to why someone had been arrested before the questioning could begin.

Connections to a victim or to the crime itself were crucial. No connections meant you couldn't put someone through a questioning. At least, that's what Jade had told me. I couldn't know for sure, because all I was, was a high school teacher.

"He pretty much confessed he's working for Sam the day you and I met Leigh and Jess for brunch. That information is enough to question him, at least for now" she said.

"But is it enough to keep him, you know, locked up in custody?" I asked.

"Depends on how much he decides to spill and if the police has found anything that can connect him to the murders on Madison Miller and Stephanie O'Connor. But if we don't get more proof that what he claims is true - that he's working for Sam - we have to let him go at the end of the day. Same goes for if we haven't found anything that can connect him to the murders" she said.

"Doesn't that bother you? Putting in so much effort to arrest him only to let him go the next day because you didn't have enough evidence that could connect him to a crime or a crime suspect?"

Me being me, I'd never survive as a police officer. How annoying wouldn't it be to have to work your ass off for hours, even days, at a time to arrest a criminal only to have to let him or her go because the evidence you have on him/her aren't strong enough, and then have to see them walking freely on the street? I'd go absolutely insane. How the heck did Jade even manage to stay sane?

"You learn how to deal with it" Jade said calmly.

"How?" I asked.

"You just do" she sighed.

"Does it ever get easier? To let criminals go when they actually are very dangerous?"

"What's with the questions, baby? Planning on joining the force?"

A smile crept upon her face. She seemed slightly entertained. Maybe that was what she secretly hoped for, though? Well, sorry to disappoint, but me joining the force was never ever gonna happen.

"No, silly. The bad guys would abduct me and kill me on me first day" I chuckled.

"I would never let that happen. Nor will I let anyone dangerous come close to you now. Me job is to protect you, and I'm willing to do that, at all costs. Losing you would be an absolute nightmare, me other half would die with you, I'd never be the same."

Sadness flashed in her beautiful brown eyes. The smile on her face faded like a nightmare's ghastly presence in the dawn of day. Her eyes became watery from unshed tears. My heart ached for her. I hated seeing her upset.

"Are you sad, babe?" I asked tenderly.

"The thought of losing you makes me sad" she said quietly.

"I'm planning on sticking around for a long time" I said softly.

"You better. Our life together has barely started" she said.

"We're gonna have a long, happy life together, Jade, be so sure."

Sick of talking, I crashed my lips onto hers. My eyes fluttered closed as she answered the kiss by sliding her tongue into my mouth. The kiss deepened with each passing second, making my heart beat faster than what's normal. Her hands traveled along my back, igniting the flame of desire with every touch, making me want her more. I had missed this; us lying on the couch, making out, loving each other. I moaned into her mouth. This woman knew how to kiss. There was no doubt about it.

Beginning to feel dizzy due to the lack of oxygen, I broke apart from the passionated kiss. I took a deep breath, let the air travel down my throat and fill my lungs with much needed air.

"I think I'm gonna go take a shower" I said as a yawn escaped my lips.

"Can I join?" Jade asked quickly, desire sparkling in her brown eyes.

"Of course you can" I said tenderly.

"Ooh, hot" she smirked.

"But, we're just gonna shower. Nothing else" I said sternly as I sat up.

Jade pouted, like she always did when she didn't get what she wanted. I, however, found it absolutely adorable. Pouty Jade was cute, too cute.

"Wanna shower together or not?" I asked softly.

"Stupid question, Pezza. Last one in the bathroom has to obey the winner and do whatever she says for the rest of the week!"

Before I even got the chance to process what she said, she jumped up on her feet and ran to the bathroom while laughing like a little child. Accepting my defeat though Jade cheated, I got up from the couch and made my way to the bathroom.

The view when I arrived at my destination was, however, worth the loss. Jade stood with her back facing me, completely stripped down. My jaw dropped to the floor. It was almost unreal how beautiful she was.

"Do you like what you see, baby?" Jade asked seductively, still not facing me.

"L-love i-it" I stuttered.

Jade turned around. She had a warm smile plastered on her face. Just looking at her caused me to have trouble breathing. The girl was literally breathtaking! She sucked the oxygen out of my lungs just by standing in front of me.

Wearing absolutely nothing, she approached me. Judging by the pleased look on her face, she knew she was the one in control.

"Let me help you get your clothes off, Perrie" she said, warmth lacing her voice.

At a loss for words, I stood as still as a statue, letting her undress me. She wore a confident smile throughout the whole process. And God, confidence looked good on her. Confidence was sexy, an immediate turn-on.

Once all my clothes laid in a messy pile on the floor, we stepped hand-in-hand in the shower cabin. Just a second later, hot water poured out of the shower head, raining over me and my girlfriend.

This not being the first time we shower together, Jade unhesitatingly grabbed my special shampoo from the shampoo rack and squeezed some lavender coloured shower gel out of the bottle. She then began massaging the gel into my wet hair, making sure to do it neatly. I moaned quietly, enjoyed every second of the free massage.

"Does it feel good, baby?" Jade asked lovingly.

"Feels amazing, Jade" I replied softly.

She chuckled heartily, then she washed the shampoo out of my hair. As she did so, she kept giving me massage so the water would wash out all of the shampoo. Once that was done, she blessed me with another massage when it was time to give my hair some conditioner.

Moan after moan escaped my lips. I couldn't seem to keep quiet. It was impossible. Jade, however, didn't seem to mind. She would just laugh or leave a comment that would make me blush like a little school girl.

After she finished massaging conditioner into my hair, she washed off her hands under the hot beams, then she grabbed a bottle of shower gel for my body. With a warm smile painted across her face, she began smearing the gel that was said to smell like flowers - I couldn't know - over my wet body.

Jade didn't say a word while she took care of me. She was so engrossed in what she was doing. I thought it was adorable. And I really liked how she didn't try anything sexual, that she listened to what I said before we stepped into this steamy shower cabin together.

"There you go, baba. All fresh and clean" Jade said happily once the water had washed the conditioner out of my hair and the gel off my body. "Now it's your turn."

I repeated the entire process. I did it slowly, though, wanted to give her the pleasure and relaxation she gave me. When I came to the part where I would wash her body, I started with her ears, then I moved on to her neck, down to her breasts she hated for some reason, to her stomach, down to the lower part of her body. Jade moaned when I my hands worked with the inside of her thighs. Being in the mood of teasing her, I lingered there, moved my hands even slower.

Once I had enough of teasing her (believe me, it was hard to get enough of her since teasing her sexually teased me as well), I let the hot beams rain over her. She kept her eyes closed while conditioner and body gel washed off her, obviously enjoying this as much as I did.

"I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend time with you, my darling" Jade said softly.

"Is that so?" I asked warmly.

"Mhm" she smiled.

"Well, I'm happy we-"

She pressed her lips against mine, interrupting me in the middle of a sentence. She buried her fingers in my hair, then she pushed me up against the wall. I wrapped my legs around her waist, let my arms hang lifelessly over her shoulders. The hot water rained over us as Jade kissed me like it was my last day alive.

**

I was resting my head on Jade's chest. She held a protective arm around my body, keeping me close. We wore matching outfits - Jade wore black Calvin Klein underwear and I wore grey. Neither of us uttered a word. Our lips were sealed.

We did have a great moment together and it would be a shame to ruin it now, but there was something I was dying to talk about, something I needed to get off my chest in order to be able breathe normally again.

"Baby, we need to talk about something" I said seriously.

"Shoot" Jade said calmly.

"You know how unpredictable life can be?" I began.

"Mhm" she hummed.

"No one is guaranteed a long life with the person they love. You and I are not guaranteed a future together" I said.

"What are you trying to say, Perrie?" She asked nervously.

"I'm trying to say that if anything happens to us, I die before you or you before me, it wouldn't be such a bad idea if we made a deal" I said.

"A deal?" She asked curiously.

"Jade, if I die before you, I wouldn't want you to isolate yourself and prevent yourself from meeting someone new. I would want you to find love again, because I just can't stand the thought of you being alone if something ever happened to me."

This caused Jade to react. She removed her arm from my body and sat up, looking at me with worry sparkling in her eyes.

"Are you sick, Perrie?" She asked anxiously.

"No, I'm not. I just think that these kind of conversations are important. Don't you?"

"I don't like these kind of conversations, okay? It makes me think that I'm gonna lose you!" She exclaimed, upset.

"You're not gonna lose me, baby, not for a long time. But like I said, we can't know what may be thrown in our way" I said calmly.

"Neither of us are gonna die. Can we please not have this conversation?"

"Sure."

Keep talking about it would only lead to Jade getting more upset, which could lead to her leaving the flat and not showing up until tomorrow. I didn't want that, so I swallowed my words, and lied down again. Jade did the same.

We picked up where we left off, continued to stare at the ceiling while we shared a moment of comfortable silence.

"Speaking of the future, do you want any kids?" Jade asked tenderly.

"Of course. Don't you?" I replied softly.

"I do. Just imagine how cool it would be to have mini Perrie's and mini Jade's running around our house."

A heartily chuckle escaped her lips.

"How many kids do you want?" She continued.

"Just two. A girl and a boy" I said simply.

"What would we name them?" She asked.

"I've always liked Lexi for a girl and Sean or Collin for a boy" I said, smiling at the thought of having kids with Jade.

"Pretty names you got there" she said easily.

"Why do I get the feeling you're not being honest with me?" I asked as a light chuckle escaped my lips.

"Why do you get the feeling that I'm lying to you?" She challenged me.

"Don't answer me question with a question, Jade!" I laughed.

"Can't help it. It's a bad habit, I guess" she smiled.

"Maybe you should let someone else take over the police questionings from now on" I said, thinking it would be a good idea considering she used her skills from carrying a questioning everytime she wanted to avoid a certain subject or question.

"No way in hell. Police questionings are too interesting for me to let go of" she said.

"Yeah? Well, they make you hella good at avoiding questions and changing the subject."

"Being a police officer has its advantages, Pear-Bear."

I looked up at her. She seemed to be so deep in thought as she stared at the ceiling. I wondered what went on inside her head. I also knew it was no idea to ask, she would just smile and tell me "it's nothing important."

Missing the warmth her body transferred to mine, I put my head back on her chest, snuggling up to her, wanted to be as close as possible. Jade put her arm back around me as well, holding me in such a grip that nothing from the outside could separate us. She wouldn't let go.

"I'm gonna make sure you get the future you want, Perrie" Jade said, sincerity lacing her voice.

"I already have the future I want. She's lying right next to me" I said softly.

"I don't think I'll ever understand what I did to deserve you, Perrie Edwards."

I nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck, couldn't help but smile at her kind words. Lying securely wrapped up in her arms, it didn't take long until I drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

____________________________________________________________
Can't believe it's been two freaking weeks since the last time I gave you beautiful lot a chapter. Oh well, we'll see Jade in action in chapter 16, been a while since we saw her as "Officer Thirlwall" ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed this. See ya in the next update 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 528 22
Jade loves Perrie and wants to tell her but she's scared that she doesn't feel the same. Perrie is going through a hard breakup with her ex- fiancé Z...
151K 4.5K 19
Jade is the school punching bag. She gets bullied by everyone because she prefers girls. She mostly gets bullied by the head girl and head cheerleade...
46.1K 1.5K 17
a love story
130K 3.9K 24
~ In which an obsessed gang leader chases after an innocent girl~ The infamous Perrie Edwards always gets what she wants no matter what she has to do...