At All Costs || Jerrie

由 HauntedHaunter

Police officer Jade Thirlwall has to do everything in her power to protect her girlfriend Perrie Edwards when... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 13

2.3K 80 38
由 HauntedHaunter

Had the best time at the concert. Queued for 17 hours and ended up in the very front. The girls were I-N-S-A-N-E!!! And they looked so, so good. Freaking Slay-Anne slayed my existence. Gorgeous woman. They all had me question my sexuality for the bazillionth time. Ah, could go on and on about the concert but then that would be the entire chapter, haha. But, well, I had a really good time <3

**

Perrie
Next morning I woke up with a heavy heart. The weekend was now officially over, and I wasn't sick anymore, meaning it was time to go back to work.

Usually I'd be over the moon to go back, I loved my job, but today I felt very uneasy about it. With Jade still unconscious, I wasn't pleased with leaving her side. I wanted to be there when she woke up, I wanted to be near her.

But, as we all knew, life wasn't a wish-granting factory. Life didn't take any requests. Most of the time you had to do things you didn't want to. And sometimes, people you love and care about would end up in situations that could rip them away from you, without you being able to prevent it from happening.

Being alive was hard in that way that you had to fight every single day. You had to go to work so you could earn money, so you could buy food and keep a roof over your head. In this world, money really was everything, because you needed money so you could buy clothes, so they could keep you warm. You needed money so you could pay rent, so you would have a safe place to stay. You needed money so you could put some of it away to save, in case you'd get very sick and would need professional treatment.

And in this case, our case, I needed to earn as much money as possible. I didn't know if Jade's health insurance would cover the entire cost, so by going back to work today, I'd get us both on the safe side.

"Aww, my heart is loving the view."

I turned my head to the door to see Jesy and Leigh-Anne walk in. Leigh-Anne carried a duffel-bag while Jesy balanced a tray with three cups of coffee on her arm.

"Good morning" I smiled, happy to see my friends.

"Morning, Pez. Did you sleep well tonight?" Jesy asked as she gave me a cup.

"I woke up five times. Impossible to sleep when me baby isn't well" I said.

"She will get better. Doctor Tilley examined her earlier and said she was recovering very well" Leigh-Anne said softly.

"Has Doctor Tilley been in here? How did I not know?" I asked, confused.

"You were asleep while she was here. That you didn't wake up was actually impressive" Jesy chuckled.

"Even Doctor Tilley was impressed, said people like you were those who would sleep through the apocalypse while everyone else was running for their lives, trying to save themselves" Leigh-Anne smiled.

"Being a heavy sleeper has its advantages, I guess" I said kindly.

I took a sip of the burning hot coffee. The black liquid traveled down my throat as I swallowed. A bitter taste spread in my mouth. I scrunched up my nose in disgust, wondered why I made myself drink coffee when I actually hated it.

Leigh-Anne and Jesy were drinking their coffee in silence as they observed the brave, older Geordie next to me.

Sadness was painted across their faces. They looked so miserable, sitting in a black leather armchair each, observing their unfortunately unconscious friend.

Speaking of Jade, her condition was the same as last night. Nothing had changed. The only thing different from yesterday was that her skin had regained some of its natural colour. It wasn't much, she was still blue, but it was something.

The comfortable silence was abruptly interrupted when a phone started buzzing like crazy. Suspecting it was Jesy's, I didn't mind asking who it was that was trying to get ahold of her. Being in a relationship with a police officer had its pros, because everytime Jade's work phone went off- whether it was in the middle of the night or late in the afternoon- I knew it was a waste of time asking what was up or who it was that was calling, considering the answer often was the same, "it's an emergency. I gotta go".

By now, I also knew by heart when my time with Jade or Jesy was up. If someone tried to get ahold of them by calling their work phone, it was no surprise if they said after the phone call that they had to leave. Because if it was their work phone ringing, you knew they were needed somewhere else.

"Gotta go. There's an ongoing break-in and the family is still inside the house" Jesy said.

"Ugh, that's awful. Be careful, Jess" I said, looking away from Jade.

"Try not to get yourself hurt. We don't want you to join Jade here" Leigh-Anne said.

"I hear you, mums. See you later."

Jesy hugged us goodbye, then she hurriedly left the room. Once the door slammed shut, Leigh put her cup of coffee on the floor and aimed her dark brown eyes at me.

"It's clothes in the duffel-bag. I got you your favourite jumper and a pair of jeans. The rest belongs to Jade" she said calmly.

"How sweet could you possibly be, Leigh? You really didn't have to go out of your way like this" I said, touched by her sweet gesture.

"Best friends go out of their way for each other. What kind of friend would you be if you didn't?" She said.

"A bad one" I said.

"Exactly. Now, go get dressed so we can leave for work" she said softly.

"But we don't have to be at work for another hour" I whined.

"London traffic is the worst, you know that. I'll keep an eye on Jade while you get ready. Now, off you go" she said warmly.

"Fine" I muttered.

I threw my legs over the edge of the bed, afterwards I grabbed the duffel-bag from the pristine floor and walked to the bathroom to get dressed.

Ten minutes later, a white jumper, dark blue jeans, and a pair of black Vans clad my body. My blonde hair was up in a high ponytail. I had re-applied mascara and painted my lips with a nude-coloured lipstick. Looking at my reflection in the clean mirror, I felt like I looked presentable and ready to go back to work.

"Wow! Look at you" Leigh-Anne smiled when I got out of the bathroom.

"Do I look bad?" I asked, insecure.

"You look great, Pez" she said tenderly.

A faint blush was brought to my cheeks. No matter how many compliments people gave me, for some reason I always felt shy. Everytime Jade or my mum would compliment me or just say something nice in general, I felt shy. It was a little weird, though.

With a barely visible smile painted across my face, I made my way to the hospital bed. Carefully, so I wouldn't mess up any medical equipment, I cupped Jade's angelic face with my hands.

"I'll be back after work, baba" I said lovingly.

I pressed my lips against her chilly forehead. Shivers cascaded down my spine. Goosebumps appeared on my naturally pale skin.

After I had said my goodbye, Leigh-Anne and I walked out of the room. We greeted Doctor Tilley on our way out, but didn't stop and talk.

Outside, the weather was typical British- cold, windy, and rainy. Raindrops in the size of hail balls landed heavily on my head.

As soon as we got inside Leigh's car and we had buckled up for the ride, I turned the radio on, figured a little music could boost my mood.

But oh, how wrong I was. A Different Beat by Rhythmix, Jade's favourite song and girl group, was playing.

My mood dropped like the beat drops in a song called Lightning. On a scale from 1 - 10, it went from a weak 3 to disappear down the abyss in the deepest of oceans.

There was absolutely nothing now that could or would cheer me up. Not even a free meal at Nando's would make me feel better.

"How come you never play her favourite song when she's in the car with me?!" I yelled as I slammed the glove compartment shut.

"Easy, girl! My car doesn't deserve your rage" Leigh-Anne said seriously.

I ignored her comment, couldn't really care less whether I damaged her car or not. Her car could get repaired easily at an automobile repair shop while it wasn't as easy to fix a human being.

Angry and engulfed in sadness, I pressed my head to the window, looking out as if I was the main character in a sad music video.

The weather suited my mood perfectly- dark clouds, grey sky, and heavy downpour. Raindrops were racing down the window, blurring the view so all I could see was blurry images of the city I had always loved.

Leigh-Anne tried to lighten up my mood by starting a conversation about the substitute teacher, who turned out to be a lady in her late 70's. Her name was mrs Karen Johnson, and apparently she was a bitter old lady because she never got a teaching job at Cambridge.

And because of that, that she never got the job she wanted, she treated everyone like they were something the cat had dragged in.

"Those ten days without you were awful! Never in my life have I hated my job as much as I did while you were gone" she said.

"Are you saying I make work a better place?" I smiled.

"You're my best friend, Pezmania. Work without you sucks" she sighed.

"Good thing I'm back now, yeah?"

Leigh didn't have to say anything. Judging by the look in her dark brown eyes, I could tell she was happy to return to work with me, her badass best friend and sidekick who'd beat the living daylights out of you if you laid a finger on her.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the school. Leigh parked her beloved car at the employee car park at the back of the three-storey-building.

We grabbed our stuff from the backseat, then we got out of the car. Leigh locked it by pressing a dark blue button on the car key. Once she was sure no one could break in in her car, we headed inside.

Teachers and a bunch of students I used to have in my class greeted me when I walked past them. I greeted back with my famous smile, tried my best to make it look real.

Leigh-Anne walked me all the way to my classroom, as she usually did. Standing outside of it, a smile spread across her face.

"So, this is where we go separate ways" she said kindly.

"Unfortunately, yes" I said tiredly.

"Your students have missed you a lot. Keep that in mind, Perrie" she said softly.

"I'll try me best, but it won't be easy. Nothing's easy without Jade" I sighed.

"I know, babe. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you need me, alright?"

I nodded, understood she meant what she said. Feeling a little bit better, I embraced her in a tight hug. A faint smile spread across my face when she hugged me back.

We held onto each other for what seemed like forever. Neither of us wanted to let go. If I didn't have a class to prepare, I'd probably stand like this for the rest of the day. Because Leigh's hugs were the best. Hugging her was like hugging a teddybear, who only had love and warmth and safety to give. A hug from her could easily mend a broken heart, because the love she gives has the ability to heal.

"As much as I love you, Pezmania, I still have to go. Work is calling" Leigh-Anne said tenderly.

"Too bad. We have to catch up on our hugging session later" I said, nuzzling my head in the crook of her neck.

"We have a lot to catch up on. Will I see you in the staff-room at lunch-time?" She asked.

"You know you will, babe" I said softly.

"Okay. Gonna miss you. But now..." she paused as she pulled away from the hug, "...it's time for you to go back to work."

With a faint smile painted on my face, I pulled her in for one last hug. After a way too short time of being close, I reluctantly separated my body from hers. Looking at my best friend, I felt a little sad I had to say goodbye to her now, even though I knew I'd see her in less than four hours.

Leigh seemed to understand what was going through my mind, because she gave me one of her heartwarming smiles.

"The more you drag out on time, the harder it will be to say goodbye" she said softly.

"I know, and that's why I will go right about now. I'll see you soon, though" I said kindly.

"You bet you will. Good luck."

After that, she turned her back to me and walked away. I looked after her until I couldn't see her anymore, until the distance devoured her whole.

Once I was left all alone in the corridor, that seemed so much scarier than I remembered it, I unlocked the door to my classroom and walked inside.

Before I had the chance to take a breath and just adjust myself to being back, I was taken aback by the message written with capital letters on the whiteboard.

"Hope you don't have a bad heart, xx."

What the hell? Who would write something like that? Who even did put the message on the whiteboard? The groundskeeper and I were the only ones with keys to this classroom. Hell, what if someone broke in here during the night and was right at this moment waiting to go to attack? Maybe I should go get someone, let them know there had been a break-in. Yeah, that would be the optimal thing to do.

But with my luck, it was no surprise I didn't make it out the door. While I had stared down the creepy message on the whiteboard, the door had shut. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I grabbed my phone from the back of my jeans, ready to dial the emergency number when one of the chairs fell backwards and landed with a loud thud. I shrieked. Someone was definitely in here. And I had to get out. Now.

With my heart stuck in my throat, I clumsily spun around. I started jogging to the door, wanted nothing but get the hell out of here.

And just when I was on the verge to open the door, twenty-six chairs fell to the floor. The sound turned my head to see what on Earth was going on, and when I saw my students- each and everyone of them- with goofy smiles painted on their faces, I couldn't do anything but smile from ear to ear as I looked at them.

"Welcome back, miss Edwards!" They exclaimed happily.

"Aww, you guys!"

How sweet could they possibly be? I'd been gone for ten days and this is what I came back to. Never in a million years would I expect such a warm welcome back from them. Oh well, I guess that if you kept your expectations low, you would be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed.

And oh, the relief that washed over me...there was no way I could describe how happy, how relieved, I was that it was my students hiding in here and not a serial killer, thirsting after my blood.

"You little rascals, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I laughed.

"Sorry about that. Great to have you back, though."

Shane, an honours student and the sweetest guy on this entire school, left his place behind his desk and walked up to me to give me a hug.

His brave decision- brave in that way that he came to hug me, his teacher- affected his classmates. Before I knew it, I had over twenty students dying to give me a hug.

Since I loved hugs, I happily embraced them all, thinking I was one hell of a lucky teacher to have such sweet students.

"I'm so sorry to disturb, but me and my partner are here on a commission concerning one of your students."

The oh-so familiar voice caught my attention. I let go of my students, ordered them to go back to their seats. They did as they were told, no protest from either of them.

Looking to my right, where the voice came from, I felt an ounce of happiness flow through my body as I saw Jesy's love interest Zac and his partner Dwayne, who Jade had nothing but good things to say about, stand in the doorway.

But just as I was happy to see them, I also felt concerned. Zac said that they were here because of one of my students, meaning they had either done something or something had happened where they were affected and had to be informed.

"Officer Efron, what can I help you with?" I asked politely.

"We are wondering if you have an Olivia O'Connor in your class" Zac said kindly.

"I do" I said, beginning to feel a bit uneasy.

My heart started to beat a little faster. Having the police looking for you was not a positive thing. In this case, I feared Zac and Dwayne were here because of Olivia's older sister, who disappeared last weekend.

Please, don't let this be about her sister. Olivia doesn't deserve to have a loved one ripped away from her.

The sound of a chair scraping the floor brought my attention to the third row. Olivia was standing up behind her desk, observing the two police officers that were here because of her.

"I am Olivia O'Connor" Olivia spoke.

"Hi, sweetheart. My name is Zac and this is my partner Dwayne..." Zac paused, then he continued carefully, "...we are here today because we need to talk to you. Would you like to follow me and my partner outside?"

"Sure" she said.

Olivia avoided all kinds of eye-contact as she walked past her classmates. As she walked past me, I noticed how badly her hands were shaking. An arm-length away from Zac, he put an arm around her shoulders and lead her outside.

Everyone else in here directed their eyes at the window on the door, as if they tried to get a glimpse of what was about to happen on the other side of the door.

Myself I wanted to keep out of it as much as possible. Even though I was curious why Zac and Dwayne were here, I also knew it was none of my business what they were telling Olivia.

I was just about to ask the others what they had done with their substitute teacher while I was gone when a deafening scream cut through the air, resulting in me and the rest of the class to flinch.

With my first thought to go see what was going on with one of my students, I told the class to stay here, then I jogged out of the classroom.

"What's going on? - Olivia, are you okay?"

I got down on the floor. Olivia was crying violently into Dwayne's chest as Zac patted her comfortingly on her back.

"Olivia, sweetheart, what is it?" I asked anxiously.

"It's her sister, Stephanie" Dwayne said sadly.

"Oh no..."

No wonder why Olivia was upset. Damn. She must be going through her life's worst nightmare right now. Losing a family member...that's not something you get over overnight. Processing this will take time. Olivia will experience plenty of breakdowns. Her heart will ache for every beat. She would not return as the same happy, carefree girl.

Knowing some people would take distance from her, I promised myself I would be there. That I'd stand by her side, help her get through this. Olivia had been my student for the past three years, there was no doubt in my mind that I would be there as someone she could lean on. There was no way I would drop her now.

Feeling for the devastated girl crying into a police officer's chest, I reached out my arms to take her from him. I snaked my fingers around the heartbroken seventeen-year-old's upper arm, then I separated her body from Dwayne's and pulled her close to me in a tight, loving hug.

"I'm here for you, Olivia" I whispered soothingly in her ear.

A short while later.

After Zac and Dwayne came to tell Olivia her sister had been found dead, I thought that it was necessary to dismiss the students. Knowing Olivia, I knew she wouldn't handle the loss very well, so I went out of my way and drove her home.

Now, however, I blessed the staff-room with my existence. Except for me, Kristina, Alex, Jake and Danielle were in here, discussing last night's football game between Liverpool and Sydney FC.

"About time you showed up" I spoke when the door to the staff-room opened and Leigh-Anne walked in.

"Had to take care of some rowdy students" she said calmly.

"Tell me more. Wanna go to the more secluded part of the room?" I asked.

"You know I do" she smiled.

She grabbed a cup of coffee, then she followed me to the room we called Gossip. The room was small, a red couch and a small black coffee table were the only two things that could fit in here. But it was more than enough, though. Neither of us had a problem with small spaces, besides small spaces were quite cozy. Especially if you were in one with your partner. Jade would know...

"So, I heard Zac and his partner were in your classroom. Care to explain why?" Leigh asked curiously.

"Long story short: you know the girl who went missing last weekend? They found her, dead. They came here today because that girl happened to be Olivia O'Connor's sister" I said.

"Oh my Gosh. Olivia must be devastated" she said.

"She is. She wouldn't stop crying in the car on the way home" I sad sadly.

"Understandable. The loss of a family member will always be the hardest, most heartbreaking loss you'll ever experience" she said.

"Mhm, speaking of driving, here are your keys. Thanks for letting me borrow them."

The car keys clanged when I put them in the palm of her hand, filling my ears with a pleasant metallic sound.

"What was the name of Olivia's sister?" Leigh asked then.

"Stephanie" I said easily.

"Pretty name. What do you think happened to her?" She asked.

"Considering she disappeared, me guess is that she was murdered" I said.

"Would make the most sense. And if she was, I bet Sam or people working for him are behind it" she said.

"I believe it's either him or people on his side, too."

A deep sigh escaped my lips. My chest tightened a bit. Just the thought of Sam being responsible for another murder added more weight to my shoulders. Knowing Jade could've stopped him if I had let her go the morning Stephanie's disappearance was reported, was also something that weighed me down.

I knew Jade would be terribly upset once she found out Stephanie had died. She would blame herself, think bad thoughts. I didn't want that.

But mostly, I dreaded the moment the tragic new reached her ears. What if she got mad at me? Sure, she'd have any right to be mad but she turned to a completely different person, she turned to someone beyond recognition.

Considering she didn't get mad very often, it was fairly scary when it actually happened, when the adorable Disney Princess became something out of a nightmare.

"Pez, are you listening? Hello? Are you there? Perrie?"

Leigh snapped her slender fingers frantically before my face.

"Earth to Perrie Edwards, Earth to Perrie Edwards" Leigh said, her voice sounding very similar to a robot's.

"Alright, alright, I'm here" I chuckled.

"What just happened?" She asked curiously.

"Me mind wandered" I said.

"Over to Jade?"

She arched an eyebrow. I nodded. If someone, Leigh was the best person to talk to, so I decided it was for the best if I just put everything out there, let her know what's going on in my head.

"Pez, I know you are worried how Jade will react once she finds out about Stephanie's death. But really, you should just calm down and take it as it comes. If Jade freaks out, she freaks out. If she doesn't, she doesn't. The best you can do is be there for her when the new is delivered. There's not much else you can do" Leigh said softly.

"I know, but I'm scared she'll get mad at me" I said quietly.

"Why would Jade get mad at you?" She asked calmly.

"Because I kept her from looking for Stephanie. We were out eating breakfast the morning the morning of her disappearance. We saw the news. Jade said she knew Sam was behind it, and that she should be out looking, do her job. But I told her there were other officers that were already looking, that Stephanie wasn't her girl to save. And I know Jade remembers it" I rambled, starting to get upset.

"I hear what you are saying, Pez, but will you please listen to me? You need to calm down. Like I said, if Jade freaks out and gets mad, let her. Allow her to take out her emotions, to feel. Bottling up your emotions is way worse than letting it all out at once. The explosion is always worse when you keep thousands of emotions inside. Knowing Jade, she can't be mad at you for a long time. But, you have to allow her to feel whatever she is feeling, okay?"

Leigh's dark brown eyes looked straight into mine- brown meeting blue. It felt like she saw right through me, like she saw my heart and soul.

"Okay, I get it" I spoke.

"Good."

Not knowing what else to say, I grabbed the cup of coffee in Leigh's soft hand and took a big sip. Caffeine was good in that way that it kept you sane, kept you from losing it whenever your mind got tired from all the thoughts that just keep coming.

"Stephanie's death is not the only thing making you nervous. There's more behind it" Leigh said matter-of-factly.

"Sam on the loose is freaking scary. Of course I'm nervous. Who knows when or what his next move will be?" I asked.

"No one but him knows" she sighed.

"I just hope they'll catch him soon, before anyone else gets hurt" I said as I took another sip from Leigh's coffee.

Six hours later.

My day was now over. As much as I enjoyed being back at work and being back with my lovely students, I was happy the day had reached its end.

I cleaned up my desk, then I walked out of the empty classroom. I locked the door, afterwards I left the building.

The weather was just as bad as it was this morning. Dark clouds hovered over the city. Heavy raindrops fell from the sky.

Not wanting to catch a cold or get another bad experience with the flu, I ran towards Leigh-Anne's dark green BMW X6 M.

As if I had God on my side (though I didn't believe in him), Leigh-Anne was standing by her car, leaning her goddess-like body against it.

"Should we grab food on the way or are you willing to eat the hospital food?" Leigh-Anne asked.

"You're talking to me, Leigh-Anne Pinnock. I'm a living trash can" I chuckled.

"Does that mean that you choose gross hospital food over a delicious meal from Nando's?" She asked, doubtful.

"Me girlfriend is hospitalized. I just want to be with her, okay? I can live with the hospital's inedible food as long as it means I can be near her" I said.

"You must really love Jade if you decline Nando's" she smiled.

I smiled back at her, then I hopped in the car. Not feeling as somber as before, I decided to give the radio another chance. Hopefully, it would play happy songs. And if it did, I would happily sing along with my best friend.

The engine roared to life when Leigh put the key in the ignition and twisted it upwards. Heat started seeping through the air condition vents, filling the car with that kind of warmth a mother provides you with everytime she hugs you. Okay, maybe not exactly like the mother-warmth (is that even a word?), but something similar to it.

Leigh drove out of the car park as if it was the last she'd ever do before she died. Terrified she'd get us both killed (because her driving sucked), I pressed my head against the headrest and held onto the seatbelt for dear life.

She drove over the speed limit the entire ride. I was actually surprised the cops didn't stop her, considering she drove like a crazy person.

We arrived approximately twenty minutes later, Leigh pleased with her driving and me just genuinely grateful I survived the ride.

I escaped the vehicle, then I walked hurriedly to the hospital, wanted nothing more but to be reunited with my girl again. Maybe she had woken up. I was dying to find out.

Once I set foot in Jade's room, the first thing I saw was Norma, Jade's dad James, her brother Karl, my parents, my brother Jonnie and my half-sister Caitlin.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you guys but what are all of you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Norma called and told us what had happened" my mum Debbie said softly.

"And we figured you were struggling a bit, so we thought we could come down here and stay until Jade is alright again" Jonnie smiled.

"That's so sweet of you" I said, grateful for the people in here.

My mum and dad gave me a heartwarming smile each. Not being able to keep away from them any longer, I opened up my arms and crashed into them.

Dad wrapped me up in an instant. The feeling of safety, of being protected, spread like a deadly virus throughout my body.

Whereas dad provided me with security, unconditional love and warmth joined the feeling of being safe as mum put her arms around me.

I buried my face in dad's chest, held onto him and mum as tight as I possibly could. Holding them, having both in the same room again, it felt great. And as we just stood there, in the middle of the hospital room holding each other, it felt like some of my broken pieces came together, like they found their missing places, building up my hollowed soul a little bit.

And I could get used to this, not having Jade in the hospital, but having mum and dad together. Because it felt like everything fell into place when they were near each other, providing me and Jonnie with their love and care.

**

Everyone left an hour ago. They were gonna grab dinner at Nando's, then they'd check into a hotel near the Jerrie-flat. Norma was the only one left. She slept on the extra bed Doctor Tilley came in with soon after the others left.

I was seated on Jade's hospital bed, stuffing my face with delicious peri peri chicken as I watched the evening news.

"The London Police still don't have anyone arrested for the alleged murder on the nineteen-year-old Stephanie O'Connor. So far, Sam Duchannes remains prime suspect.

Mr Duchannes escaped HM Prison in Manchester, where he had been locked up for almost two years, last Wednesday. He is known for some of the most gruesome murders in history, spreading fear all across Europe over the course of five years.

Ever since his escape, two young women have lost their lives and a local police officer have been hospitalized after chasing after a man, claiming he's working for the feared Sam Duchannes..."

Not feeling like hearing about Sam nor feeling like being reminded of what happened to my precious little baby, I turned off the telly.

Just when I was going to get off the bed and hit the bathroom to take care of some business, pained groans filled my ears.

Happily surprised, I turned my head so I was looking at Jade. To my greater joy, she was finally coming to. My baby was waking up!

She opened her eyes slowly. My heart skipped a beat. I could barely believe myself it was my baby who was waking up from a deep unconsciousness, it didn't feel real.

"Baba..." I whispered once she had opened her eyes fully.

Confused, Jade aimed her brown eyes at me. At first, she looked like she didn't recognize me, but then it seemed to fall into place because the frown disappeared.

"Perrie?" Jade asked, her voice barely audible.

"I'm here, baby, I'm here" I said softly.

I grabbed ahold of both of her hands. Fortunately, they didn't feel as cold as they did this morning. They were definitely warmer.

"I'm sorry" Jade said tiredly.

"For what?" I asked tenderly.

Jade didn't bother to answer. She closed her eyes, leaned back on the big pillow. Understanding she needed time to collect her thoughts and adjust to where she was, I put an arm around her petite body.

She rested her head on my chest. I placed a loving kiss on top of her head, couldn't stop myself from smiling as I did so. My baby had finally woken up.

But then, like a bolt from the blue, she began shaking violently. Concerned she was going back to her unconscious state, I leaned back so I could check what was going on.

Seeing countless tears stream down her face, I immediately understood that something was wrong.

"What is it, baba? Why are you crying?" I asked softly.

"N-nothing" Jade sobbed.

She buried her face in my chest, kept crying as if she just found out someone close to her had passed away.

Determined to comfort her, I wrapped my arms around her body. I pressed her body closer to mine, carefully though so all weird wires connected to her would stay on her body.

"Everything will be okay, baba. Everything will be okay" I whispered soothingly as I gently rocked her back and forth while keeping her in a protective embrace in my arms.

___________________________________________________________
Have you guys seen the music video to Power? Personally I thought it was incredible. Stormzy was pretty cool too. I like his verse a lot, especially "there's power in my losses and there's power in my wins". And I really liked to see them with their mums, and how they were representing diversity. And that last part, where Jade is with the drag queens and she smiles, freaking killed me. She's too precious. Power is definitely their best video yet

Another thing, their performance at Summertime Ball was incredible. I love how they always change up, that each performance is different from the year before. And Jesy rocked that pink hair. She looked really good in it..<3

Also, I'm sorry for being a trashy updater. My motivation hasn't been there and I've just been stuck, haven't really known how to pick up from where I left off. Good thing is that my summer break starts on Queen Jesy's birthday (it's past 2AM here, so practically today- Happy Birthday, Jesy!<3), meaning I can update more often considering all the stress that's weighing me down right now will go away over the summer, hopefully, so... I hope this chapter wasn't a disappointment. Decided to make it this long to make it up to you.

See you in the next update, guys. Take care.

-

M

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

151K 4.5K 19
Jade is the school punching bag. She gets bullied by everyone because she prefers girls. She mostly gets bullied by the head girl and head cheerleade...
91.1K 3K 19
Jade and Perrie. Perrie and Jade. Best friends forever, or so Perrie thought until one day Jade leaves without even a goodbye. Years later, Perrie's...
46.1K 1.5K 17
a love story
34.4K 1K 18
Perrie Edwards , 17 year old intersex girl who is madly in love with Jade Thirlwall (who hates her more than anything) . Jade's boyfriend and His fri...