At All Costs || Jerrie

By HauntedHaunter

Police officer Jade Thirlwall has to do everything in her power to protect her girlfriend Perrie Edwards when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 12

1.8K 80 11
By HauntedHaunter

Perrie
"Jesy, you need to do something. We can't just sit here and wait for her to start breathing by herself. Her chance of survival decreases with every passing minute, we need to get oxygen to her brain. Jesy, please, are you listening? You need to save her, don't let her die on me. Save her now, Jesy, come on, save her now. What are you waiting for? Bring her back to me, please, Jesy, bring her back to me" I pleaded, absolutely heartbroken over the current situation.

"I'll do everything I can, Pez, but you need to calm down. I can't focus if you're gonna be this hysterical" Jesy said calmly.

"There's no time for talking! Just do what you have to do! Time is running out!" I shouted distraughtly.

Something similar to fear flashed in her brown/greenish eyes. She looked like she didn't recognize me.

Usually I would apologize for raising my voice, but there was no time whatsoever for that now. Not when my girlfriend got closer to death the more time that passed without her getting oxygen to her brain.

Without saying a word, the gorgeous ginger-haired woman began to perform CPR. She pushed Jade's chest down thirty times, then she tilted Jade's head back carefully and blew air into her mouth.

Jesy repeated the lifesaving process several times, unfortunately with no luck. Jade didn't respond to the help she was given, didn't cough up the water in her lungs.

She just kept lying still, soaking wet, with no signs of life. Her skin had become bluer, meaning her body temperature had sunk even more since Jesy rescued her.

I kept holding her hand, didn't want to let go. Leigh-Anne held an arm around me, wiped the tears from my face with her thumb every now and then.

"Come on, Jade! Breathe!"

Jesy began round four of chest compressions. Sweat was running down her face as she used every ounce of energy in her body, trying to save her best friend.

She was just about to blow air into Jade's mouth for the fourth time when the sound of wailing sirens filled the entire block.

"The ambulance is here!" Leigh-Anne exclaimed, relief evident in her voice.

Within a minute, two paramedics had made their way to the scene of accident. Reluctantly Leigh-Anne and I moved from where we sat to give them space while Jesy stayed where she was, performing CPR as if her life depended on it.

"Miss, we're taking over now" the bald male paramedic said softly.

"No!" Jesy yelled, upset.

"You've done what you can, it's time for us to take over" the brown-haired male paramedic said.

"I can't! If I stop now, she'll die!"

Tears were now streaming down her face. Looking at her felt like being stabbed in the heart and have the knife being twisted around.

Jesy's pain and sorrow for the girl who could be described as a real life Disney Princess was so clear for everyone to see.

The way she kept giving chest compressions even though they didn't make much of a difference, the way she held onto Jade, refusing to give up...it all spoke for itself.

And it was emotionally wearing to see how she could go from being calm to completely heartbroken in a matter of minutes.

Because to me, it seemed like she had lost hope. And losing hope was the worst thing you could do when you were trying to save someone's life.

"I'll go get her" Leigh-Anne said, her voice cracking at the end.

She left my side. Standing behind Jesy, she wrapped her arms around Jesy's body, trying to get her away from Jade so the paramedics could do their job.

But Jesy refused to leave. She clung onto Jade's lifeless body for dear life, crying hysterically as she did so.

"Babe, come on, we need to let them do their job. These guys are professionals, they can help Jade in a way we can't."

It seemed as if Leigh's words was effective. Jesy calmed down, she let Leigh pull her up on her feet and take her away from Jade without fighting back.

The paramedics picked up where Jesy left off. They worked in a faster pace than Jesy had, and it looked like they could save Jade's life. I dared to believe they could.

"She's with us, she's breathing!" The bald paramedic exclaimed happily.

A wave of relief washed over me as I saw water flowing out of Jade's mouth as she was coming back to life.

Her chest, which had been flat for longer than I wanted to admit, started to rise and fall. Finally. My girl was going to be alright.

"It's okay, sweetheart, you will be okay. My name is Nathan, can you hear me?" The brown-haired paramedic asked softly.

Sadly, he didn't receive an answer.

"Unconscious but rise and fall of chest. It's good enough for now" Nathan said.

He put an oxygen mask over Jade's nose and mouth, then he and the bald paramedic put Jade on the stretcher.

After they had put her on it and covered her ice cold body with a baby blue blanket, they grabbed the straps from the back of the stretcher and strapped her in so she wouldn't fall off on the way to the hospital.

Once they were done with everything, they rolled her into the back of the ambulance.

"Where are you taking her?" I asked.

"To London Bridge Hospital" Nathan said kindly.

"Can I come?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes, of course, there's room for the three of you" he smiled.

"Thank you, thank you so much" I said, grateful for what they had done.

I jumped inside. I took a seat furthest in, so Jesy and Leigh-Anne could fit as well. Nathan joined us in the back. He sat in the single leather seat where he had access to lots of medical equipment.

The bald paramedic, whose name I hadn't caught, closed the back-doors, then he took his place in the driver's seat.

He brought the engine to life and started the sirens so cars and people nearby would know an ambulance was on the way, then he drove away from the place where I almost lost my other half.

Seeing Jade's right hand was free, I grabbed ahold of it. I squeezed it, wanted to let her know I was right next to her even though she wasn't aware of anything at the moment.

We arrived at the hospital approximately twenty minutes later. A handful of doctors took Jade from the two paramedics the moment we stepped out of the ambulance and rushed her away without a word.

Leigh-Anne thanked Nathan and the bald man I learnt whose name was Mike for saving Jade, then she lead me and Jesy to the waiting room.

Getting there, we sat down on the uncomfortable plastic chairs closest to the doors the doctors had rushed Jade through.

"I'm gonna go call Norma. I'll be back in a few minutes."

I stood up from the chair. I grabbed my phone and walked outside. I knew I wouldn't be able to make myself understandable if I stayed inside.

I dialed the number I knew by heart. Two signals passed, then Norma answered on the other end.

"Perrie! It's so nice to hear from you! How are you doing? How's Jeed?"

My heart broke by the sound of Jade's name. A single tear made its way down left cheek as I bit my tongue, did my best not to reveal I was sad.

But of course, hiding things from Norma was impossible. And a waste of time. She always found out the truth.

"Perrie, sweetheart? Are you okay?"

The concern was evident in her voice. It was painful to hear it, painful to have her ask me if I was okay when she should be worried about her daughter.

"Norma...t-there h-has b-been a-an a-accident. J-Jade i-is i-in t-the h-hospital" I sobbed.

"Is Jeed in the hospital? What happened, sweetheart?"

I explained everything that had happened, told her about the gunman who shot Jade with an electric gun so she had fallen into the water and almost drowned. I cried into the phone, apologizing for not protecting Jade when I had promised Norma that the moment we told her we were dating.

As the phone call went on, Norma told me I didn't have to blame myself for anything, and that the only thing I should focus on was Jade. She comforted me by reminding me that Jade was a warrior, that she had survived worse things than this.

We spoke for a good hour. I promised Norma I would take good care of Jade and that I would keep cool for Jade's sake.

"I'll be on the first flight to London. I'm coming, honey, okay? I'm coming for you."

"Yeah, I'll see you soon, Norma. I love you."

"I love you too, Perrie. Now take care of Jeed and the girls."

"I will."

"Good, Perrie. I'll see you in a few hours. Bye for now."

"Bye-bye, fly safe."

I got the last word. I hung up the phone, then I made my way back to the girls. They were probably wondering what took me so long.

When I got back inside the building, Leigh-Anne was hugging Jesy, who cried violently into Leigh's chest.

"Miss Perrie Edwards?"

The soft female voice caught my attention. A blonde doctor with blue eyes stood before the doors Jade had been rushed through an hour earlier.

Jesy and Leigh-Anne stood up from their chairs and walked towards her. They shook hands as they introduced themselves.

"I am Doctor Tilley" the doctor said kindly.

"Pleasure to meet you" I said politely.

"Miss Jade Thirlwall is currently unconscious, but stable. Her body temperature is back to normal and she doesn't have any injuries from the accident" Doctor Tilley announced kindly.

"That's good, right?" I asked, uncertain.

"It's very good. Miss Thirlwall was lucky to have you near. Thanks to your immediate intervention, she will be alright" Doctor Tilley smiled.

"Thank God" Leigh-Anne said, relieved.

"Would you like to see her?" Doctor Tilley asked softly.

"Yes, please" Jesy replied.

"Just come with me, ladies."

Doctor Tilley lead us through the doors. We walked through the crowded corridor, not saying a word.

We stopped outside room 204. The door was slightly open. The constant beeping from the machines watching her heart filled the room.

"Now, remember to stay calm. If you speak to her, speak calmly. There will be nurses in the corridor, so just call for one if Jade's condition changes or if she wakes up" Doctor Tilley said.

"We will. Thank you, Doctor Tilley" I said politely.

"I'm just doing my job. Bye for now, ladies" she smiled.

Doctor Tilley walked away. Feeling anxious about seeing my girlfriend, I grabbed Jesy's and Leigh's hands, then I walked inside her room.

Her room didn't consist of much. There was a telly on the wall, a closet, a small bathroom, a hospital bed (obviously) and some weird machines by the bed.

"Baba..." I whispered.

I took a seat in the chair next to her bed. I felt how my heart ached by the view. Her lower lip had about five stitches. Her chest was bruised, probably from the intense CPR she had been given.

I intertwined my fingers with hers, felt the need to touch her. As she lied there, eyes closed and mouth slightly open, she looked like an angel. A bruised angel. But a beautiful one. She would just need some rest, then she would be able to spread her wings and fly.

**

The clock was past five when Norma arrived. The first thing she did was walk up to the bed and cup Jade's face with her hands.

"Me beautiful babygirl" she said sadly.

Norma placed a gentle kiss on top of Jade's head, then she turned her face to me, smiling softly as tears slowly streamed down her face.

"How are you, Perrie?" She asked.

"Been better" I sighed.

I embraced Norma in a tight hug. It felt good being in her arms again. It had been too long since the last time.

"Jeed will be okay, you know that, right?" Norma said softly as we pulled away.

"What if she doesn't get better?" I asked.

"She will. Jeed is a fighter, she will get through this" Norma said comfortingly.

Norma stroke my cheek with the back of her hand. A sad smile spread across my face. She answered it by smiling back.

She then sat down on the hospital bed, observing her unconscious yet breathtakingly beautiful daughter.

"Mama is here, Jeed. Mama is here" Norma said lovingly.

**

Norma left an hour ago, said she couldn't stay here any longer. I gave her the keys to the Jerrie flat, so she's staying there for the night.

Leigh-Anne and Jesy were sound asleep in the extra bed Doctor Tilley provided us with. Light snores escaped Jesy's slightly open mouth. I giggled, couldn't help myself.

As soon as I had brushed my teeth and changed to my pyjamas, I lied down next to Jade. I put an arm around her shoulders. Then, I tilted Jade's head carefully to the right so she rested her head on my chest.

"Sleep tight, baba" I whispered softly.

I placed a loving kiss on top of her head. Just a minute later, after I had made myself comfortable, I fell into a peaceful slumber.

___________________________________________________________
Hello, everyone. I am going to The Glory Days Tour tomorrow, (yey!) and I am leaving tonight (in six hours to be specific) because I'm not seeing the queens in my own country and well, it's safe to say I'm nervous...as hell. It's my first time, oh my God, I've been waiting five years for this, so yeah. And it's also really scary considering I'm traveling all by myself. Wouldn't surprise me if I got lost, hehe.

Sooo, I'm not sure when I'll upload next chapter, I don't know when I'm coming home again, but I'll do my best to update on Tuesday night or Wednesday :)

-

M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1.5K 17
a love story
151K 4.5K 19
Jade is the school punching bag. She gets bullied by everyone because she prefers girls. She mostly gets bullied by the head girl and head cheerleade...
91.1K 3K 19
Jade and Perrie. Perrie and Jade. Best friends forever, or so Perrie thought until one day Jade leaves without even a goodbye. Years later, Perrie's...
130K 3.9K 24
~ In which an obsessed gang leader chases after an innocent girl~ The infamous Perrie Edwards always gets what she wants no matter what she has to do...