Never Yours (Camren)

By VeggySoup

It had been a year since Camila left the biggest girlband in the world. She had done a great job avoiding the... More

Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Landon and The Beginning
Chapter 3: Long Time No See
Chapter 4: She Left
Chapter 5: These are the lies
Chapter 6: Come Back Camz
Chapter 7: Camren who?
Chapter 8: Fifth Wheel
Chapter 9: Friends? Sure
Chapter 10: Goddamn it, Tina
Chapter 11: All board the Camren ship!
Chapter 12: I'm gay. I think.
Chapter 13: Operation Camren
Chapter 14: Is Camren A Go?
Chapter 15: All Yours.
Chapter 16: Two Girls in Love
Chapter 17: Alexis Wasn't Lauren.
Chapter 18:The Whole Fucking World Will Know
Chapter 19: Endgame
Chapter 20: Cabehoe and Jauregay
Chapter 21: Hey Moon..
Chapter 22: Everyone Wants A Piece Of You
Chapter 24: Camren Is In Love.
Chapter 25: I Have Questions
Chapter 26: Double Date
Chapter 27 : I Feel Like I Don't Know You Anymore
Chapter 28: Camren Will Always Be Alive
Chapter 29: The plan
Chapter 30: Trust Me, She Loves You
Chapter 32: Always Yours
Chapter 32: Ours

Chapter 23: Keana

9.9K 276 198
By VeggySoup

Camila tried staying calm. She so badly wanted to be a normal girlfriend and surprise her love in front of the airport with a bouquet of flowers and a handful of kisses. But of course, she couldn't do that. There's this thing called paparazzis. And she hated them.

So she stayed inside the car, tapping her foot impatiently as she looked outside the window like a dog looking for it's owner. She waited and waited and waited until she saw her bodyguard Barry walking towards the car with baggages on his side.

She stayed away from the window to avoid any photographs but constantly stole glances. And that's when she saw her girlfriend. With another girl. Lauren didn't tell her she was bringing someone else and to that, Camila frowned. But regained her composure when she realized it was keana. 

The two friends quickly rushed inside the car and so does Barry. Camila planned a thousand words to say to her and a thousand things to do to her but she sat still and froze when she saw the girl she loved. She just stared at her viridescent eyes and hummed in content.

"You're ethereal." Camila whispered as she pulled Lauren into a passionate kiss. Keana whistled as she settled down on Camila's other side. As they broke the kiss, Lauren sat on Camila's left and closed the door behind her. The car started driving towards the hotel.

"Where are we going today?" Lauren asked, taking off her shades as she held her girlfriend's hand. She lifted it to kiss it, missing the scent and feel of Camila's skin.

"I thought you might want to rest."

"What? Camz, no. I haven't seen you for like a century! We are not resting!"

"But.. cuddles and hotel tv?"

"We can do it tonight."

"Please. Lauren's private part is as dry as the fucking sahara, I doubt resting is the only thinkg you're doing tonight." Keana rolled her eyes as she took a look at herself on her phone.

"Okay, we can go put your stuff first, clean up a bit, eat lunch. Keana, what do you like?"

"Wait." Both girls said.

"She's not coming with us."
"I am not third wheeling." Camila laughed and nodded.

"So it's just the two of us?"

"Hell yes."

"Then okay, I have plans."
--
Camila tried but failed miserably to get the stupid smile out of her face. They were holding hands and publicly walking down the streets of New York, just like she've always dreamt of.

They walked inside the art museum they found online and as soon as they stepped inside, a bunch of eyes immediately stared at the pair. Some even had the audacity to record them as they were walking. Lauren could feel Camila getting nervous and Lauren gripped her hand tightly as they walked towards the ticket counter. As they were waiting in the line, hearing whispers and receiving looks, Lauren pulled Camila towards her. Camila was now burying her face in Lauren's neck and hugged her waist tightly, wanting to drown in Lauren and disappear from the world.

"The fuck are you guys staring at?" Lauren scolded, glaring at the people in front of them. They all tried to look away but not so subtly continued watching the pair. Lauren sighed, all she wanted was a normal date with the love of her life.

Even the cashier knew them. She complimented their music and told them how much of an inspiration they both were to the LGBT community. They thanked her and walked up the stairs towards the exhibit. They were both so enamored by all the beautiful paintings. Taking their time for each painting. Lauren fell in love with one of them, which portrays a young girl sitting in the middle of a grassland as she stared up at the dark sky. She was staring depply at the girl, trying to figure out what she might be feeling. Was she happy? She wasn't smiling but her body looked calm.

All of a sudden, a pair of hands covered her eyes and Lauren smiled, knowing it was her girlfriend. She held her hands and turned around to face Camila. She opened her hands and leaned down slightly to kiss her temple.

"I saw this really pretty art and I'm so in love." Camila excitedly told her and Lauren couldn't help but smile as well. Camila's smile was so infectious.

"Which one, baby?"

"This one." And Camila showed her a picture from her phone of Lauren from the back, staring at the painting in front of her.

"You cheesy fuck." Lauren giggled as she kissed the side of Camila's head and put her arms around Camila's shoulders. They walked towards a bench and sat on it. In front of them was a painting of a lonely boat on a huge ocean.

"They remind me of you."

"Hmmph?" Lauren asked, looking at Camila. Goddamn, she was so beautiful. She watched as Camila's eyes focused on the painting in front of her.

"The ocean. They remind me of you." Camila repeated.

"Because my eyes?"

"No, because the ocean calms me down. Because the ocean has so much depth in them and although they are beautiful from the outside, they are even more beautiful in the inside," Camila turned her head to face Lauren, who was watching her amusedly. Camila cupped her girlfriend's face and eyed her soft red lips "because the ocean is so full of life, and everytime I swim inside it, I get to explore a part of it and every time I travel somewhere new, I learn more and more about this endless maze. Because I always get lost in it yet somehow still so in love with it." Lauren kissed her. Their lips moved in sync as they both took in the situation they were both in. They were both free, so in love, and so happy.

As they let go, foreheads still leaning over each other's, Camila whispered "And because your eyes." Making both girls laugh. Lauren softly moved Camila's head so it was laying on her shoulders and then wrapped her waist. She watched the younger girl as she looked at the painting that reminded her of Lauren. Meanwhile, Lauren stared at the brown eyed girl, it's funny how a single person could make you feel so much.

"You're my world. I love you."

Camila closed her eyes, wanting to stay there forever. "I love you more."
--
That night, the couple couldn't quite spend it watching movies with a side of cuddles as they agreed. Lauren had to rehearse for her concert tomorrow. Camila was now on the floor, watching her girlfriend grind on the chair and twirl around in her tight black suit. And fuck was it making Camila feel things she barely know what it was.

"Horny. The feeling is called horny." Landon smirked as he sat beside Camila. Alexis came in not long after and smiled weakly at her. They were both still in good terms but things couldn't go back to the way it was. Considering that Alexis was still in love with her.

"Alexis!" Lauren called out, surprising everyone in the room. Camila knew Lauren's feelings towards the girl, and it wasn't positive. She prayed to God that Lauren wasn't going to make a scene.

"I wanna- introduce you to someone." She smirked and Camila raised her eyebrows, as if asking what the heck she was trying to do.

"This is Keana." Lauren said loudly, making Keana walk over towards them. Keana's eyes trailed down Alexis' body, admiring her beautiful figure but Alexis simply gave her small smile and a nod.

"Hi! You must be Alexis." Keana greeted politely, smiling widely. Alexis nodded again and shook Keana's hand.

"Nice to meet you." But then Alexis sat back down beside Camila and took out her phone.

"She's clearly not interested.." Keana whispered. The truth was, this was the reason Keana travelled to New York. She has always admired Alexis and when she heard Lauren's story, confirming that she was indeed single, she asked Lauren if  she could introduce the two of them. Lauren happily agreed.

"Camz, are we still on for dinner?" Lauren asked as she grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Camila watched this in frustration, she really was horny. How could someone be so hot even when wiping digusting sweat away.

"Of course."

"Can Keana come?" Lauren asked as she gave Camila a look as if saying: Please agree.

"Uh, sure!" Camila caught on. "You wanna come along?" Camila asked Alexis. Alexis shook her head timidly but both Lauren and Keana caught it. Camila then insisted by giving her a look and nodding, signalling her to agree. Alexis, still a tad whipped, agreed.

"Yeah sure."

"Can I come?" Landon asked, quite oblivious to what the heck the girls were planning.

"No." Keana and Lauren quickly answered.

"Well damn, okay."

--
"So.. Alexis I saw those pictures you took for Gucci's campaign, you look so lovely." Keana complimented as the four sat awkwardly, waiting for their food. Alexis sat beside Camila and Lauren sat across. Lauren was silently holding her hand under the table, not wanting Alexis to see.

"Thank you Keana. You're gorgeous as well, might I add." Alexis complimented but Camila could feel that she had no intention on dating her. Like at all. But anyone could sense that.

"So how long have you guys been friends?" Keana asked, pointing to the pair.

"Like a year and a half? A while after she left the band."

"Oh.. cool." And there it was, the awkward silence.

"You seeing anyone?" Lauren was deciding whether she wanted to facepalm herself or slap Keana for being so stupid.

"Uh nah, not really."

"So I have a chance?" Another facepalm.

"I suppose."  Alexis smiled. But then she looked at Camila and shook her head a bit. She wasn't ready to fall in love again. Love wasn't real anyways. At least not to her. When the food came, Lauren wanted to thank allysus for the right timing before Keana said something stupid again.

"Cheese?" Lauren asked and Camila shook her head.

"She hates cheese." Alexis replied and Lauren nodded grimly. Since when? She felt pissed that Alexis knew more about the younger girl than she did. For God's sake, she knew her for six years and they're dating! Camila realized the worry on Lauren's face and rubbed her hand.

"A lot changed in a year, I guess. I don't really like a lot of food."

"But she hates cheese in particular.." Alexis added. Camila simply nodded. They ate their food in silence and in all honesty, Lauren hates the sense of awkwardness.

"Alexis.. um, how've you been?"

"I'm um, okay." Alexis replied. What was Lauren thinking? Of course she wasn't okay.

"Cool, yeah, cool." Lauren munched on her pasta, now wanting to slap herself for causing even more awkwardness.

"So are you guys official?" Alexis asked Camila. Camila realized she hasn't actually told Alexis anything yet.

"Yeah. I asked her before she left LA." Camila told her and Alexis nodded again.

"Congratulations to the both of you. I'm so happy for you. You better take care of her, Jauregui." Alexis warned and then continued as if nothing has happened and ate a slice of her garlic bread.

"Is that a threat?" Lauren asked, slightly joking.

"I'm just saying. Landon and I care about her a lot, if you fuck her up, we'll fuck you up."

"And I love her a lot. So I won't. I know you don't like me but can you chill a bit?" Lauren retorted, feeling a bit angry. Camila touched Lauren's knee in an attempt to calm her down but blue and green eyes were now glaring at each other intently.

"I'm just saying.. you hurt her once."

"And you were there, I get it. It won't happen again. In fact, you know what? Camila doesn't really need you. She has us now. So stop being a little bitch and acting like she's your girlfriend and that I'm going to grab her from you. It's quite the other way around actually. She's not yours and never will be." Lauren snapped and although Camila knew that Alexis sort of started it, the things Lauren said were just pure rude.

"Alexis.." Camila called out when she saw that Alexis immediately put her bread down and wiped her lips. She excused herself and went out of the restaurant. Camila sighed and glared at Lauren and then rushed outside to chase her friend.

"What? She started it." Lauren defended herself when she felt Keana's gaze on her.

"And you could've ended it."

"I did. Just in the wrong way, I guess." Lauren replied.

"This is your first day back and you ruined it. Well done, Jauregui."

"Why does she keep choosing Alexis over me though?" Lauren asked.

"She isn't. Her best friend needs her right now and you fucked up. So if I was her I'd go after Alexis as well." Keana explained as she continued eating her pasta, unbothered by the drama. Yes, she liked Alexis but she was clearly in such a vulnerable state right now and she didn't want to use her.

"I fucked up, didn't I?"

"Quite a bit. They're best friends Lauren.. didnt' Dinah give you the exact same 'don't hurt camila' speech? You're only reacting in a different way because it's Alexis. Stop. Trust both of them." Keana told her and Lauren thought about it. She was just really insecure right now. Alexis was beautiful and kind and was there for her through every thing. Plus, she could travel anywhere around the world every time Camila needed her and Lauren didn't have the ability to. She always wondered whether Alexis would be a better girlfriend for her.

"I don't wanna lose her."

"And  you won't. I promise. The girl loves you."
--

A/N Important, kinda.
Hi, in all honesty, I've always hated my own art. I feel like this story's quality is deteriorating and being honest, I did have plans to discontinue it because I felt like it was so bad. Perhaps it's just my insecurity or it really is. However, I'm not going to. I'm going to continue with this story if you guys want to and try my best to keep the quality as it's highest.

The reason I actually am questioning this story is because this isn't AU and I try to keep it as real as possible. Even though we all know the events in this story is highly unlikely to happen. But writing this is hard because ot5 and Camren is so fucking dead irl and it makes me sad. This is why for me, deliver your love is in a better state right now because it's so easy to write fluff when everything is fake. Only the names and personality reflect 5h in real.

But I'm going to continue till the end, I promise. And I'll try my best to produce the best quality I can. Thank you for those who's still reading for your continuous support. You have no idea how much it means to me. I hope you enjoy reading and that it satisfies your little camren/ot5 heart.

Sorry for the long rant. Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
1.2M 32.8K 48
(Completed) Lauren is having a hard time dealing with the sudden death of her husband. She tries to stay strong for their daughter, but keeping it to...
70.3K 1.4K 28
Lauren and Camila meet after a year of not seeing each other. Lauren is going through a lot of trouble without Camila. Can Camila save Lauren? Trigge...
90K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...