Meryl and Don: An Unforeseen...

Por donmaryfan

Many over at Live Journal have asked I continue this story. So here it is! Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Untitled Part 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91

Chapter 76

612 22 0
Por donmaryfan

"That lunch was amazing." Meryl said holding Don's hand as they walked back in to the courthouse.

Don smiled at her. "The lunch or the pie?"

"You know me too well." Meryl smiled referring how they stopped to get pie on the way back to the courthouse after Mike and Larry left to get back to the courthouse to prepare for the afternoon.

An unwanted visitor walked up with a baby. "Not as well as he knows me."

"Peggy?" Don sighed as he pulled Meryl close. "What in the hell are you doing here?"

Peggy smiled sweetly. "I'm here to help."

"Help?" Meryl laughed. "Really?"

Don looked at the baby in her arms. "I thought he was in foster care since he was two inept parents."

"Misunderstanding. I got him back." Peggy said holding Harry up. "Here Harry, want to go see Daddy?"

It didn't take Meryl long to explode upon hearing those words. "EXCUSE ME?!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Don was livid.

Peggy smiled sweetly. "You should be with us and not that whore."

"I haven't touched you in 14 years." Don was shocked and yet noticed how quiet his wife was. "Mer, baby, I..."

Meryl pulled Don's face to hers and placed a long and steamy kiss on his lips. As he was still reeling from the amazing kiss his wife gave him Meryl then turns to Peggy. "Get this straight, Peggy, Don is MY husband. Henry is OUR son. NOT Harry. I don't know what fucking fantasy world you are living in but it's time for reality to hit you in the ass. Don and OUR CHILDREN are everything to me. You're fucking his father for god sakes. Try all you want but you CAN'T hurt us. You came to New York at Christmas to try to hurt us and you FAILED, AGAIN. That's all you are is a failure and I won't allow you to hurt my husband or our children."

"Listen to me, you fucking bitch!" Don was furious. "This woman, this one here, is EVERYTHING to me; and our children. She is the ONLY woman that has EVER belonged in my arms. You were the biggest mistake of my life; and I am so tired of my wife and children paying the price for that mistake. That's what you are, a mistake. A mistake I wish would get the fuck out of my life. I swear, Peggy, you hurt Meryl and Henry or our baby? You will wish you never met me!"

"We'll just see what happens in court." Peggy said walking off.

Don pulled Meryl to him; and it was his turn to place a steamy kiss on her lips. "That was hot."

"You think so?" Meryl giggled at him as he nodded. "Why is it you think everything I do is hot?"

Don smiled as he bent down to place sweet kissed on her bruises. "Because I love you so damn much."

"I love you too, baby." Meryl whispered as she pulled his head back to hers. "It just pisses me the fuck off when she thinks she has some sort of right to you. You've been divorced for 14 years, Don."

Don shook his head. "I have no clue what she's thinking. I just don't want her to hurt you. I couldn't take that."

"You won't let it." Meryl winked at him.

They then saw Larry peek his head out of the courtroom. "Don, we need to visit with you."

"Go." Meryl said giving him a kiss to his lips. "I need to use the restroom."

Don got a serious look on his face. "Where did she go? I don't want you to run into her. You'll be okay?"

"I didn't see her go in there. I'll be fine." Meryl tried to assuage his fears.

Larry jumped in. "James is in lock up and will be for a little while longer."

"You know where I am if you need me." Don said with a kiss to her lips. "Be careful."

***

Meryl was washing her hands after using the restroom when Peggy and Harry emerged from the big stall at the end. Meryl took a deep breath as she dried her hands and tried to ignore her; but Peggy wasn't going to have any of that. "Look Harry, it's the bitch that took Daddy away from Mommy."

"Unfuckingbelieveable." Meryl hissed as she tried to leave but Peggy stepped in her way.

Peggy shook her head. "It's just us; finally. So what tactics did you use to take Don away from me? Does he really not believe about your numerous affairs?"

"I have NEVER cheated on my husband; and I NEVER will." Meryl exploded. "I don't know how many times I have to say this but I love and adore MY husband; he is my ONE and my ONLY. I met him OVER 10 years after he divorced your pathetic ass!"

Peggy shook her head. "He should have been mine again. Everything would have worked out perfectly if only Mann was smarter and quicker?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Meryl asked as she started feeling really hot and dizzy and was struggling for breath a little bit.

Peggy shook her head. "You think Kevin Mann was just some obsessed stalker? James and I pointed him in your direction. Told him what to do and what to say. He was supposed to take you and your bastard children away forever. So that I could be with Don and disguise my relationship with James. For 2 Yale graduates; you two are pretty dense."

"You and James pointed him in our direction?" Meryl asked breathlessly. "You're why I was raped? Why our little boy was frightened? Why my husband almost died? Why I was mutilated so badly that I still can't be with my husband?"

Peggy headed towards the door. "Get some damn control, Meryl; you acting like you can't breathe isn't going to work on me. We did Don a favor by you not being able to spread your legs; maybe you won't cheat on him for awhile. I hope Mann did what he was supposed to and damaged you so badly that you can no longer give Don what he needs; and I'll be waiting to give him EXACTLY what he needs."

"Oh, God." Meryl gasped for breath as she leaned against the wall in the bathroom and Peggy walked out. "This is going to kill Don."

***

Don was talking to Larry and Mike. "Well, Mom knows about their affair so hook her and reel her in like you did James. I know she has a son, I'm not unfeeling towards that, but it's time they both pay. She's fucking delusional thinking Meryl took me away from her!"

"Mention her affairs in your short marriage?" Mike asked.

Don nodded. "I honestly don't care about her; she has hurt my wife and family too much. I'll already have to answer Meryl's questions about the things that were brought up with James this morning."

"She doesn't know about Peggy's affairs and those things with James?" Mike asked.

Don shook his head. "I divorced Peggy long before I met Meryl that I didn't bring it up."

"Meryl knows that she doesn't know everything about James." Larry said as Don gave him a look. "She loves you and worries about you; we talk."

Don laughed. "I'm sure you do. Speaking of my wife, she's been in there for awhile."

"She's pregnant." Mike laughed. "It's normal."

Don laughed until he saw his ex-wife approach him. "I DON'T want to hear it."

"I don't know why you're with someone so weak and dramatic as she is. Pretending she can't breathe just from hearing the cold hard truth." Peggy laughed then looked at Harry as she walked away. "Daddy will come to his senses and leave her and come back to us."

"I'll be back." Don said running off.

Mike looked at Larry. "I have a feeling she gave us the bait we needed; I just hope it's not at Don and Meryl's expense."

***

"Baby!" Don ran into the women's bathroom and locked the door behind him. His breath left him when he saw his pregnant wife sitting on the bathroom floor with tears streaming down her bright red face and was struggling to breathe. Don immediately sat down on the floor in front of her and wrapped his legs around her; holding her as close as possible. "What did that bitch do to you?"

Meryl was struggling to breathe. "Please don't leave me; I don't care what they do. Please don't leave us."

"Baby." Don choked holding her tightly. "NEVER EVER NEVER EVER. I need you to calm down, love. I think you're having a preeclampsia attack. Just look into my eyes and breathe, baby. She is NOT worth it. James and Jane are NOT worth it."

Meryl looked deep into his beautiful blue eyes and took some deep breaths. Her breathing eventually got better as he stroked her hair and kissed all over her face; even though the tears kept coming. "I love you so much; I'm so sorry, Don Man, I'm so sorry."

"I love you too; so damn much." Don said kissing her lips and her forehead. "I'm not sure what happened but I'm pretty sure you're the last person in the WORLD who should be apologizing right now. Baby, can you tell me what that bitch did to you?"

Meryl took a deep breath. "I think we might need to bring Mike and Larry in on this conversation. But Don, you have to PROMISE me you won't think we're better off without you or that ANY of this is your fault when I tell you what I found out. I can't take that. Even if these two people were once a part of your life, NONE of this is your fault, baby. I couldn't handle it if you took responsibility for it or took it on. It would kill me if they did that to you; the best husband and father in the world."

"As worried, and angry, as I am; and scared at what you just said." Don said kissing her lips. "YOU and OUR babies are my present and future, you three are EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING to me; so yes I promise."

***

"Here, honey, drink some water." Mike said as he handed Meryl some water while they were all sitting in a small meeting room.

Don was placing a cold paper towel on her neck. "Still dizzy?"

"No, it's better." Meryl choked. "I'm sorry."

Larry shook his head as he sat down. "YOU did not cause this, Meryl."

"Preeclampsia is a bitch." Don sighed as he placed another cold paper towel on her forehead. "Just like Peggy; but you're kicking both of their asses like only my wife can."

Mike sat down. "Meryl, can you tell us what happened? I don't want to upset you all over but if this can help me when I question her this afternoon then I need to know."

"Yeah, it will. I just want her to stay away from our family." Meryl said looking at Don. "From you."

Don pulled her close to him. "And you."

"Okay." Meryl said taking a deep breath and then looking at Don as she started crying again. "This is going to tear you apart."

Don wiped her tears as he kissed all over her red face. "I don't care about that. I need to know what she said and did to you; we need to know, sweetheart. I will be right here. I am NOT leaving. She can take a break when needed, right Mike?"

"Of course." Mike said sitting across from them. "We need to know so we can keep your family safe, M."

Meryl nodded as she scooted closer to Don but continued to face him. "I was washing my hands when she came out of the end stall with her baby. I was trying to ignore her but then she told Harry that I was the bitch who took his daddy away."

"So fucking delusional." Don hissed.

Mike was writing things down. "I will be pointing out that you were divorced for 10 years before you met Meryl."

"I said 'unfuckingbelievable' then tried to leave but she blocked my way. She said it was finally just us and asked what tactics I used to take you away from her and asked if you knew about my so called affairs." Meryl choked.

Larry couldn't believe it. "SHE accused you of affairs? That's rich. Considering all the affairs she had in her short marriage."

"Don?" Meryl asked looking at Don. "She cheated on you? Why didn't you say anything?"

Don nodded as he stroked her cheek. "She did; because you're NOT her."

"That fucking bitch." Meryl swore. "I'm sorry."

Don shook his head. "Our marriage breaking up led me to New York and to the love of my life. Best thing that could have happened."

"He's right." Mike smiled at the pair. "What then, honey?"

Meryl took a drink of water. "I told her how much I love Don and would NEVER EVER cheat on him and that I never have. I told her that we met 10 years after he divorced her. Then it gets bad."

"You're going good, baby." Don said stroking her hair. "Then what happened?"

Meryl took a calming breath. "She said you would have been hers again if Mann had been smarter and quicker and followed their plan."

"Oh, dear Lord." Don breathed. "No, no; they didn't."

Meryl nodded. "She said that she and James arranged it all and that Mann was supposed to take me and the kids away forever; then she could be with you and deflect her affair with James. I asked her if they were why we were taken, I was raped, Henry was traumatized, you almost died too many times and why I was mutilated so bad that I still can't be with you. She admitted to it."

"I'm so sorry, baby." Don choked as his own tears appeared. "So fucking sorry."

Meryl threw herself in his arms and continued to cry. "My preeclampsia was flaring up at that point and she said me 'pretending' like I couldn't breathe wouldn't work on her. That you should thank them for the sexual abuse I received cause than I can't spread my legs."

"They are fucking sick." Don said holding her close and looked over at Larry and Mike. "Nail them. I want them fucking nailed to the wall for what they have done to my wife and children. I want BLOOD."

Mike looked at Larry and motioned to the door as he stood up. "They are going to pay for this, I promise you two. You stay here and we'll let you know when we're about to start."

"Thanks." Don said as he tried to pull away from Meryl. "Baby..."

Meryl pulled Don back to her as she cried. "Please, Don, you promised you wouldn't leave me. I couldn't take it if you felt guilty about this. It's not your fault."

"Darl." Don choked into her ear. "I will NEVER EVER leave you. I want to be the one to protect you. To love you. To laugh with you. To cry with you. I am just so fucking sorry ALL of this happened to you."

Meryl choked into his neck. "I am so sorry all of this happened to you."

"I'm not going to stop until they pay for all they've done to." Don whispered as he kissed her head. "Did to us."

Meryl nodded. "I know that, baby. When she first told me all this my first thought was what this was going to do to you. I was terrified you would feel guilty and think we're better off without you like you have before. Never, Don Man, not EVER."

"Baby, can I please look at you?" Don choked as she released her grip on him and he pressed his forehead against hers. She said the same thing the night before and he was terrified when Peggy pulled her shit over a year ago and he said he should give Meryl an out, in order to protect her and Henry, that he placed thoughts and fears within her that he NEVER wanted to place. "Last year, when Peggy pulled her shit and I gave you an out I thought that was what was best for you and Henry. We had this baby, you were physically hurt and I was hurting. I NEVER EVER want to be the cause of your pain. As much as I love you and NEVER want you to hurt because of my presence in your life I also know more than ANYTHING that we BELONG together, Mary Louise Gummer. You are my heart; and I'm yours. The fucking shit we face together becomes more bearable because we have each other. While it KILLS me, absolutely KILLS me, when you are hurt by my family and my past; I will NEVER EVER leave you or our children. I don't want you to give that another thought. Of all the things you are dealing with, worrying about and facing; I do NOT want us being apart again, EVER, to be one of those. Because it will NEVER EVER happen, not EVER."

Meryl cried harder. "Thank you, baby. I was just so afraid what this would do to you, to us."

"It makes me fucking angry, and I'm worried about you; but you, Mary Louise Gummer are STUCK with me for life." Don said placing kiss after kiss on her lips.

When they pulled apart they wiped each other's tears. "I'm sorry I reacted as I did. I had this stupid preeclampsia attack."

"Sweetheart, what you found out was not only awful but it is SICKENING." Don sighed. "I don't think I'm ever letting you go to the bathroom alone in a courthouse again."

Meryl couldn't help but laugh. "I'm okay with that."

"Meryl, I am SO SO SO SORRY that because of them you and Henry..." Don cut off from what he was saying by his wife.

Meryl placed a mind numbing kiss on his lips. "Don't you DARE, Donald Gummer. You have saved us over and over and over. It is because of you we are safe and happy and healing."

"Okay." Don said with a kiss to her forehead and noticed she was staring off into space. "Meryl? Sweetheart, what is it?"

Meryl thought of something she didn't tell all them. "There's something I didn't tell you; something I didn't want to say in front of Mike and Larry."

"Baby, if it can help nail them." Don said as he ran his fingers through her hair. "We need to tell them."

Meryl shook her head. "It won't make any difference. It was embarrassing and really personal."

"Okay; you know you can tell me ANYTHING, right?" Don was really worried now.

Meryl nodded as she took a deep breath. "She said she hoped Mann did what he was supposed to, cause so much physical damage to me that you and I could never be together, intimately, again."

"Those fuckers." Don said holding her close to them. "They are all going to pay, sweetheart, I promise."

Meryl continued to cry. "She said she'll be waiting for you when I can't give you what you need."

"You give me EVERYTHING, my love, EVERYTHING." Don said kissing her lips. "Sweetheart, we've been close, we've been intimate."

Meryl pulled away and wiped her tears. "We haven't made love. What if we can never..."

"No, Mary Louise, don't you go there." Don said placing kisses all over her face. "Baby, they just had to sew you up AGAIN right before we came here. They said that you can still have this baby vaginally and we can conceive again and have a normal sex life. Darl, that is the LAST thing in the world I am worried about."

Meryl continued to cry. "What if I can't give you what you need? What if you no longer want to be with someone so mutilated?"

"Did you hear what I just said a few minutes ago?" Don asked as he held her face tightly in his hands. "Nothing could EVER change how DAMN MUCH I love YOU and I WANT YOU!"

Meryl continued to cry. "What if I don't respond..."

"Baby, when I'm applying your ointment and kissing your scars I can feel you getting into it." Don said as she finally smiled. "I am not worried about that part of our relationship. I am not worried about ANY part of our relationship at ALL. The ONLY thing I am worried about is keeping you all safe. Keeping your blood pressure down. Making sure you are all happy."

Meryl sat there for a long time and just looked at him. "My god, how I love you; so much. I am so damn glad I have you. That you are the one with me; that I'm the one with you."

"I love you more than ANYTHING, my girl." Don said kissing her lips. "You doing better? Can I get you anything?"

Meryl shook her head as she nibbled his lips. "I have you."

"Meryl..." Don said with a warning tone. "Are you feeling better? I am not going to mess around with yours or the baby's health."

Meryl smiled at him. "I'm MUCH better, we're MUCH better, thanks to you. Are you okay? I mean learning all this is pretty unnerving."

"I am so fucking angry at what they're done; but I'm going let the system do the work. All I care about is you and our family." Don said as he placed soft kisses all over her face.

Larry smiled as he stuck his head back in the room and saw his best friend and wife in an intimate moment. There was no doubt they were going to be okay. He knew his best friend could handle anything as long as he had Meryl. "Guys, it's time."

***

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

253K 6.8K 63
This is my very first story, so please be kind. Thank you for reading. Love you!!
9.7K 284 15
This story was brought to you by my Oneshots book. This plot was so popular it kept getting requested, so I decided it He better to make a book!😁
6.5K 250 20
Still working on a title and description. (Why am I so horrible with summarizing?!)