In the Dark

By Merrrrrrlin_17

Melanie and Sarah take a summer trip to England hoping to meet her favorite band. Will something change her m... More

In the Dark
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 11

38 0 2
By Merrrrrrlin_17

Sorry about this, but this chapter takes place 2 months ahead of the previous chapter!!! This means it is October, and Mel’s birthday is in 5 days!!!!

******************************************************************************************

**Mel’s POV**

Gah! my birthday is in 5 days, and I could not be more excited.That is the day I turn 18!!! The tour is going great, but we get a 2 week break for Halloween. The lads are choosing to stay at my house with me for my birthday, then will go home for a week. Louis and I have been doing fabulously. We trust each other completely, and we love each other. After celebrating my birthday with my family, we are going to his mum’s house, so I can meet his family. 

We still have shows until tonight, and my birthday is on Saturday. I already told the boys not to buy me anything. I didn’t listen to them on their birthdays, so I don’t think they will listen to me. I just want to have a small “party” with my friends and family. Sarah is still in London, and we both have been communicating very well. I also enrolled in an online high school to get my Diploma. 

“Mel, can you hand me my phone?” Louis asked me. We are currently getting ready for the day, and no concert tonight. Our final show of the tour is going to be tomorrow, and there has been no word from Dan since June. We don’t plan on doing anything super fun or fancy, so I just wear some black skinny jeans, a white lace tank top, a gray cardigan, and black boots. 

“Are you excited for your birthday party?” he asked. 

“Of course!!! I can’t wait to see some of my friends! It feels like just yesterday we were at Cedar Point with some of them!” 

“Well, I’m glad you’re excited” he smiled. 

“So, what are we doing tonight?” I asked him. 

“Well, I was thinking we could go see a movie then have Chinese for dinner. Sound alright?” 

“Perfect” I smiled back

We exit the small game room (where we locked the door to get dressed), and go to the dining area. “Hey lads, we’re going out for a bit” Louis tells them as we exit the bus. We are currently back in the U.S. after going to Japan and Australia. In L.A. for that matter!!! 

We find a small cinema after walking for about 20 minutes. It was a nice, quiet, calm walk with Louis. Just the two of us. We haven’t had any real time alone since I had my surgery back in June. “What movie do you want to see love?” he startles me from the silence. 

“Oh, I don’t really care. Anything really” I say, still recovering from my startle. 

He pays for the tickets and we get popcorn. We only get a small, since I know Louis. He will want to sit in the back of the theater and make out the whole movie. We find our theater, and he runs to the back row. What did I tell you? 

The movie begins, and I follow along for the first part. About 1/4 into the movie, Louis turns my head towards his and kisses me. The kiss was almost hungry, but I didn’t care. We were the only ones in the theater, so we didn’t have to worry about making noises. About 10 minutes after the movie was over, I told Louis, “We should probably leave now, before somebody comes in to clean up the theater”. 

We left the theater and walked to the nearest Chinese restaurant. Louis orders for me as I go to the restroom. I do my business, and as I walk out the door, I see Louis waiting for me by the door. We head out and go back to the tour bus. We arrive and I immediately pull out my laptop. As I am doing work for my math class, I get a text. 

From: Connor:) 

Hey Melanie! How have you been? Are you still having your party Saturday? 

I quickly reply so I can get back to work. 

To: Connor:)

I’ve been great!! And yeah, it starts at about 5, and will go until you want to leave! Oh and I forgot to text you, we’ve just been so busy... But happy (very) belated birthday!! 

I focus on my homework, and then I get another text. 

From: Connor:) 

Haha thanks! See you Saturday then! Holla :)

He has always said Holla to me in one of our conversations. I continue doing my math homework, and it takes forever. Eventually I am staring at my computer saying “What the actual f*ck is this?” 

“What is what?” Zayn comes over and squeezes next to me in the booth. “Oh, Calculus homework. I’d offer to help, but english is more my subject. Maybe Liam could help, he is the smartest of us all” he chuckles. 

“Alright, can you send him in Zayn? Thank you so much!” I say 

I stare at the screen for 5 more minutes when Liam walks in the room. “Sorry, I had to finish a game of FIFA with Lou. What’s up?” 

“Are you any good at Calculus?” I am almost begging. 

“Well, I don’t know. I’ll look at your notes to figure it out” He looks at my notebook, and nods his head. He then explains what I am supposed to do, and it is the exact same as the previous problem. Another half hour later, I am finished with my assignments and we are headed to the arena. 

“Liam, I can’t thank you enough for your help. It means a lot to me” I thank Liam, because he helped me finish my homework. 

“Oh, no problem Mel” he smiles at me. 

Tonight’s concert is the best concert of the year, in my opinion. I am pretty much in tears  by the end of the concert. The boys finish on stage, and fans begin filing out of the arena. “What’s wrong Mel? Why are you crying?” Harry pulls me into a hug. 

“Well, I was only signed for this tour, and I don’t want this to end. You boys are my extended family now, and I love you guys” I smile, tears going down my cheeks. 

“Well, you never know what the future is going to bring. Besides, you are going to come to the next meeting to discuss the next tour with us” Louis smiles. 

“Yeah, but that doesn’t really mean anything. I can’t keep you guys from doing all you possibly can. You mean too much to me, and I can’t just go with you on the Where We Are tour” my smile falters. 

“Let’s not worry about it, and focus on now” Liam smiles, pulling all of in a group hug, me in the center. 

“EW EW EW!! GET AWAY!! YOU ARE SMELLY!!” I yell

“Aw, lads, she loves us!” Louis yells back. They proceed to hug me tighter. 

“Alright lads, enough. Don’t make the poor girl choke” I hear a voice, that nobody could miss. 

“UNCLE SIMON” we all yell in unison. 

“Hello boys, Mel. What’s all the commotion about?” he questions. 

“I am just upset that I won’t be able to come on the next tour. But I’m not that worried about it” 

“Well, we don’t really need to worry about that now. That’s for the meeting in a couple weeks” he smiles. 

As we leave, we get back on the tour bus that is parked at the back of the building. We get on the tour bus, and I immediately begin packing my things. We are riding the bus to the airport, and in the morning we are going to go back to Vermilion. I hear somebody coming up behind me, and I assume it’s Liam, considering he’s the only one smart enough to pack the night before. 

“Hey Mel” 

“Oh, hey Zayn. Not who I was expecting. What’s up?” I ask

“Packing, I really didn’t want this tour to end” he smiles a bit. 

“Oh, I know. These past couple of months have been the best of my entire life. I can’t wait to see what is in the future” I smiled back at him. 

“Well, that’s something we are all looking forward to. Especially since the new album is coming out in a month” 

“Yeah. I can’t believe that you guys have grown this much in three years” I started tearing up. 

“Why are you crying now?” 

“Just happy tears” I laughed

“Alright. Just let me know if you wanna talk about anything. You are kind of acting like something is bothering you” he says concerned. Am I worried about anything?

“Thanks Zayn, I will” I finish packing, and find the boys in the gaming room. 

“Hey Mel, you excited for your birthday party?” Harry asks

“Definitely. I can’t believe I’m only going to be 18 years old and I have already toured about 25% of the world with you guys. The biggest boyband on the planet” I smiled

“Yeah, it’s crazy about how much we have done” Harry replied. 

“Yeah, that’s what I was just talking to Zayn about. Anyway, what are you guys doing after my party?” I ask the four sitting in front of me. 

“Well, I’m going home to see my mum, dad and brother” Niall says. “I really miss them. I can’t wait to see them” he smiles. 

“Yeah, I’m going to see my family as well” Liam says. 

“Harry?” 

“Same” he replies. 

“Well, I understand that. You guys haven’t seen them in months” I nod my head. 

“Yeah, I think we should all head off to bed, we have an early flight tomorrow. We need to be off this bus by 8:45” Liam announces. 

I take his advice, and go to the bunks. I don’t sleep well at all though. I keep having the same nightmare. When I do finally sleep, I get woken up about 30 minutes later. I wake up, pull my hair into a bun and throw on some different sweats, and throw these in my bag. I check the bus one last time, and head out the doors where the boys are waiting for me. 

We wait around for out flight to be called, and I check my phone one last time. 9:30. We board the plane and finally take off. I sit next to Louis, and he shares his headphones with me. “Hey babe, what’s wrong?” he asks. 

“Oh, nothing. I just didn’t sleep last night” I say

“Why’s that?” You could have woken me up you know” 

“Yeah, but I didn’t want to bother you. I know I am obnoxious to get to sleep most of the time” 

“Just promise me that next time you will wake me up. Now try to get some sleep love” he pulls my head closer to his shoulder. I rest my head and almost immediately fall asleep. 

**Louis’ POV**

Mel just fell asleep, and I can’t wait for her party. I think I am more excited about it than she is. I got her one present only, and I know she will love it. 

“Hey Lou, did Mel’s Dad call you back about her-” 

I cut Harry off before he said anything, just in case she can still hear us. “Yes, he did. Right before we left actually” 

“Great” he says. I don’t know what to do, so I pull my iPod out and play candy crush. I play until I realize Mel is shifting next to me. I pull the earbud out of her ears and begin humming. I play with her necklace, and she stops moving. I smile at her, and one of the flight attendants tells us we will be landing soon. I guess I didn’t realize that I would play Candy Crush for almost 3 hours. 

I wake Mel up, and as we are exiting the plane, I call her dad. “Hello, Mr. Davis? Yeah, we just landed” 

“Alright, well I’m here. I brought our truck so all of the luggage would fit. I’m right out front” 

“Thanks” I hang up and find our luggage. The boys help by grabbing Mel’s and my stuff, so I can give her a piggy back ride. She isn’t really awake, so she hops on and hides her face from the paps. I spot the truck almost immediately, and walk to it. I put Mel in the front seat first, and then I climb in. 

“Well hello there” Mr. Davis smiles at me. 

“Hello Mr. Davis, how have you been?” I smiled

“Great, and call me Ken. Mr. Davis is my father” he smiled back. 

“Alright Ken, have you ordered Mel’s cake yet?” 

“Yes I have. You know, I really appreciate you doing this for her. She has never had many friends over at our house before” 

“Actually I never knew that. She always seemed like the girl that had quite a few friends” I told him, a bit shocked. 

Just then, the lads piled in the back seat of the truck. “Who’s ready to go home boys?” Ken asked. 

They all whisper-screamed in response, since Mel was still sleeping. She slept the entire way to their house as well. “Louis, is Mel acting weirdly? She has never slept this long before. Even when she was sick” Mr. Davis asked concerned. 

“Yeah, I think it’s just jet-lag catching up on her” I told him. I carry Mel up to her room and set her gently on her bed. I go downstairs and chat with the lads and Erin. I am surprising Mel by having Sarah come out. Liam offered to pay for her to come out, and he told me that they are officially dating now. 

When Liam asked Sarah before, she said no because the tour was still going on. Now that the tour is over, she said yes. Mel has no idea that she is coming back. This is just one of my surprises for her. She won’t be able to speak after she gets my other present. 

“Lou?” I am snapped out of my trans when I have Niall’s hand waving in front of my face and Harry yelling my name. 

“Sorry, what?” 

“I asked when you are going to give Mel her presents” Liam chuckled. 

“I am giving her my big present after the party, and the smaller ones during the party. Do you think you could help me get all of Mel’s friends out here Erin?” 

“Yeah, what friends she has. That isn’t meant to be mean, but she never really talked about people besides Sarah and Ariona. I’ll go grab her phone and go through her contacts” Erin ran upstairs and came back down. She then started calling people that she remembered, and theres about 20 of them. The lads and I then thought we could invite a couple of celebrities. Nobody that would make her flip, but ones that she would get along with. 

***************************************************************************************************************

So sorry I didn't upload yesterday, but I had softball practice :( I will do my absolute best to upload again on Monday, but again with softball, I don't know if I will be able to. Thank you so much for reading! 

Please comment, it means the world to me, and I almost always respond <3

~Melanie<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
40.9K 251 26
Just a collection of one direction imagines Requests closed officially
220 2 13
5 friends.... 3 from Australia.... 2 flying from American to vacation in the Aussie way... the ONLY way...... and when they meet five famous men... t...
8.2K 16 33
4 bestfriends win tickets to see One Direction in London! They bump into someone special and their lives are turned upside down...