At All Costs || Jerrie

By HauntedHaunter

Police officer Jade Thirlwall has to do everything in her power to protect her girlfriend Perrie Edwards when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 10

1.6K 72 19
By HauntedHaunter

Jade
A millisecond before the bullet would pierce through my chest, someone wrapped their arms around my body and tackled me to the ground.

Lying down, I turned over so I could see who had saved me even though I knew who it was. Meeting a pair of piercing blue eyes, anger started to boil inside me. Why didn't she listen when I told her to stay inside? Out here I couldn't protect her.

"Didn't I tell you to stay with Jesy and Leigh-Anne?!" I yelled, furious with my girlfriend.

"I couldn't just stay with them and watch him try to kill you!" Perrie yelled back.

"And I can't let him hurt you, Perrie! Go back to the restaurant!"

I was about to stand up when the gunman fired off another shot. My first priority being to protect the girl in front of me, I pushed her so she fell backwards, then I put myself on top of her to shield her from the maniac.

This way, with my body shielding her, she wouldn't get hurt if he fired off his gun for a third time. She would stay safe because my body would take the bullet in her place.

"Get up if you want the blonde hottie to live, Thirlwall!" The gunman said.

"You need to lie completely still, Pezza" I told her, my voice barely audible as I looked into her ocean blue eyes.

"What are you going to do?" She whispered.

"Me job."

I removed my body from hers. My heart was beating abnormally fast as I got back up on my feet. Facing the gunman, I put both my hands in the air.

A smile spread across his face. It was that kind of smile you receive from a sibling when him/her succeeded to frame you for something bad they did.

"You would do anything for the blonde, is that right?" He asked.

"I'd go through fire for her" I said sincerely.

"And obviously take a bullet considering you shielded her from me just a minute ago" he said.

"What do you want?" I asked, started to get annoyed with him.

"Hurt people. Kill. Please my boss" he said seriously.

"Who is that boss of yours?" I asked curiously.

"Not knowing who I'm talking about frustrates you."

The smile on his face grew wider. It was obvious he enjoyed this, being one step ahead, knowing things I didn't.

To be honest, this whole situation started to get to me. Him not doing anything but pointing his gun at me was nothing but a waste of time.

"You know, it's a damn hot girl you got there" he grinned.

"Leave her out of this!" I shouted.

I blocked his way as he took a step forward. He pierced his grey, cold eyes into mine, as if he tried to scare me away. He failed miserably.

To scare me, you had to do a lot more than just staring me down. Besides, when my girl was at risk of getting hurt, nothing scared me. I entered a fearless state everytime I had to protect her, because her safety was the most important thing to me.

And that fearless state came in handy most of the time. Like now. Not showing him any fear was to my advantage.

He made another attempt to walk past me. Just like the first time, I blocked his way. There was no way in hell I'd let him go near my girl.

"Get out of the way, officer" he said threateningly.

"Make me" I challenged him.

Within a second his gun was pressed to my chest, aiming at my heart. If he pulled the trigger now, I'd drop dead.

His cold, emotionless eyes looked into mine. Victory glowed in them. I felt the urge to spit in his face. But I shook it off, knew I would get myself killed if I disrespected him like that.

So instead of aggravating him, I cleared my throat to let him know how I felt about this uncomfortable position we were in.

"You're invading me personal space" I said calmly.

"And you..." he paused as he pressed the gun harder to my chest, "...are taking up my oxygen."

"Do you think you scare me just because you're aiming a gun at me?" I asked.

"I know you don't find this situation scary. But I know who does. And I also happen to know what you actually are afraid of, officer Thirlwall" he said as an evil smile spread across his face.

He glanced over my shoulder. My heart rate went up as I realized who he was looking at. I clenched my fists, ready to beat him up.

After what felt like forever, he looked back at me, grinning widely. He backed two steps as he removed the gun from my chest.

I was just going to take a breath of relief when he lowered the hand he held the gun in and aimed it at who I strongly believed was Perrie.

"It's time for you to kiss your girl goodbye" he smiled.

"Perrie, run!" I shouted.

As if I had gained The Flash's speed, I threw myself at him. He stumbled backwards when my body collided with his as a shot was fired.

The bullet missed my left leg with just an inch. Just before he lost balance from the added weight of my body, he grabbed ahold of my shirt and took me with him in the fall.

A pained groan escaped his lips as he landed on his back. I cracked my lower lip open when our faces smashed into each other, causing the two of us to scream in pain.

Lying on top of him, I grabbed ahold of his wrists and held them as tight as I could by his head. This way I could prevent him from using the gun.

"Are you okay, Pez?" I asked, not looking away from the maniac under me.

"I'm okay, baby" Perrie replied softly.

Thank God.

If she had been shot or hurt in any way, I would've killed him with my bare hands. Touch my girl and you'd live to regret it.

"My boss didn't lie when he said you were a good cop, Thirlwall" he smiled teasingly as he looked at me.

"Who are you working for?!" I shouted angrily, sick of his games.

"Is it really that hard to figure out, officer?" He asked calmly.

"I have my suspicion but I doubt it's him" I said with gritted teeth.

"Maybe your suspicion turns out to be correct" he said.

"What?" I asked, didn't know what to believe.

"Sam sent me, you idiot. He sent me here to abduct a girl, knowing you'd take on the case and do everything to find her" he explained.

Automatically I loosened up the grip of his wrists, couldn't really process the fact that Sam hired people to work for him to get to me.

Because of this new tactic, it would be harder and even more dangerous to go on 999-calls, considering people working for Sam (or Sam himself) could be there at the crime scene, waiting for me to arrive.

"You can't work for him. The Sam Duchannes I know works alone. He doesn't team up" I said, wanted to convince myself that I was right and that he was wrong.

"The Sam Duchannes you knew is gone, officer Thirlwall! Prison changed him. No one is safe anymore, because he will continue to hurt and kill people until he gets what he wants!" He yelled.

"It's me he wants" I said, more to myself than to him.

"Sounds about right" he said, bored.

"Where can I-"

Unfortunately I didn't get to finish the question. He had released the hand he held the gun in from my grip and hit me in left temple with such force I fell off of him.

Black dots started dancing before my eyes, making it difficult for me to see clearly.

"Jade!"

In the course of a second Perrie, Leigh-Anne and Jesy appeared beside me. Concern glowed in their eyes as they looked at me.

"Baby, are you okay?" Perrie asked anxiously.

"Yeah, he just hit me, nothing too serious" I said softly.

Feeling okay, I grabbed Jesy's hand. She pulled me up on my feet like I was weightless.

"I gotta catch him before he hurts anyone else" I said.

"Do what you have to do. We got your back. I'll also call for backup" Jesy said warmly.

I fired off a warm smile, then I ran after the man it was said Sam had sent. I ran towards Royal Victoria Bridge, where he had headed right after he hit me.

I ran as fast as I could, didn't bother to look back to make sure Perrie stayed behind with Jesy and Leigh-Anne.

When I came to the chain fence by the water, it didn't take me long before I spotted him taking a breath near where I was standing.

Determined to catch him, I increased my speed. An arm-length away from him I stopped. This time I was going to try another method to keep him distracted until the cops would come and get him.

"You're tougher than you look, officer Thirlwall" he said.

"I hear that often" I said.

"Yeah, you know, my boss were wrong about one thing" he said.

"About what?" I asked.

"About you. If you were as good of a cop as he said you were, you would've seen this coming."

He took a step closer. From the back of his jeans, he pulled out a white gun. It was beautiful, yes, but I feared it. I couldn't tell what kind of gun it was.

"You're beautiful, but being beautiful isn't always enough to survive."

A second later, he pressed the gun to my heart. His lips curved into a grin, then he pulled the trigger.

Electricity shot throughout my body. I shook violently as I tried to pull through. My vision once again became blurry. I had lost the ability to move.

"Should've kissed your girl goodbye when you had the chance."

With that, he removed the gun from my body. Just a second later, my legs failed me. I fell backwards. I fell over the chain fence and into the cold water.

Within seconds my lungs were filled with water. My body was numb, both from the electricity and the cold.

All I was capable of was being still as I sank deeper and deeper into the cold, scary darkness. 

_______________________________________________________

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not updating for the last five days, but I've been so caught up with school that there hasn't been any time for me to sit down and write. Also, my mum had surgery yesterday so I have to take care of my siblings and make sure our home doesn't fall apart while she's recovering.

Second of all, thank you so so much for 1K reads. It means a lot to me, it really does, because when I first started writing this story I didn't even expect it to reach 100. I honestly thought it'd get like 20 reads, and that that would be it. So once again, thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate it :)

Lastly, you've been patient, I know not much has happened in the story but it's about to change. I promise you that. And, if there's something you'd like to see, don't be afraid to tell me, I'll most likely include your request :)

Have a good rest of the day/night and I'll see you again in the next update

-

M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.2K 37
A girl called Jade Thirlwall moves into a new school with her best friend Jesy Nelson. But when they go there Jade sees someone who caught her eye, a...
21.3K 634 10
Who doesn't love some good ol' teenage angst?
130K 3.9K 24
~ In which an obsessed gang leader chases after an innocent girl~ The infamous Perrie Edwards always gets what she wants no matter what she has to do...
61.6K 2.2K 28
This story revolves around Jade Thirlwall, one of the most popular girls in school and Perrie Edwards a straight A student. The two opposites have hi...