With Every Moment Left (Niall...

By LovesMystery

When One Direction is asked to meet with a girl dying from cancer, Niall is reluctant to go. Things change... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 9

44.8K 504 40
By LovesMystery

Rachel’s POV

I lay across my bed, looking down at the notebook in front of me.I smile as I cross off #3, Meet a celebrity. Grinning, I think to myself, I actually got to meet 5. My eyes scan over the page that I had memorized in the past few months. I had started off with a lot of things on my Bucket list but with the help of my friends and mom, the list was down to 10. Nine now actually, I think to myself.I had them ranked in order of importance but I wasn’t doing them in any particular order.

Bucket List

1) Fall in love

2) Sky Dive

3) Meet a celebrity

4) Skinny Dipping

5) Travel across Europe

6) See a shooting star

7) Have a picnic

8) Go to a dance

9) Ride a Motorcycle

10) Get kicked out of Wal-Mart

My mom knocks on my door. “Come in” I say closing the notebook. She walks in holding the phone.

“Kasey is on the line” she says softly. I look down and shake my head. My mom looks at me sadly before taking her hand off the receiver. “She’s asleep right now, I’m sorry Kasey” she lies. When I was first diagnosed, having friends around me had helped a lot. It had helped me come to terms with everything that was happening and they had helped me create the Bucket list and do some of the things on it. But after a while, they either started drifting away or I would push them away. I didn’t want them to get to close to me. I didn’t want people to miss me or be upset when I died. The easiest way to do that was to make it so they didn’t care about me when I was alive. “Ok, I’ll tell her” my mom says before hanging up the phone. “She want’s you to call her back, she misses you” my mom says to me.

I shake my head “I can’t, it’s too hard seeing all of them” I sigh. She nods in understanding.

“I just hate seeing you act like you’re already dead” she says, her eyes tearing up. She hurries out of the room before I have a chance to respond, trying to hide her tears.

I hear my phone ring from across the room. I climb out of my bed and open it putting it to my ear. “Hello?” I ask

“Hey” a familiar voice answers on the other end. Niall, I think, my heart skipping a beat. He was actually calling me. Even though the day with the sick kid was over. I smile just thinking about it. “What are you doing tonight?” he asks.

“No-nothing, why?” I manage to stutter out.

“Meet me in the hotel lobby at 9, and bring the list” he says quickly before hanging up. I stare at the phone as I shut it. What? I think to myself. I glance at the time. It was already 7:30.

“Shit!” I yell flying into action. I mean, I had to make myself look good didn’t I? I jump in the shower, taking what had to be the fastest shower I’ve ever taken. I get out and wrap a towel around myself as I go back to my room to look for something to wear. It was supposed to be somewhat chilly tonight, so I slipped on a pair of jeans and grabbed a striped t-shirt and a white cardigan in case it got colder. I quickly head into the bathroom and blow dry my hair and apply some eyeliner. It was really the only makeup I wore. It made my eyes pop more and since that was the only feature of me that I really liked it was all I cared about doing things to. I check the time. 8:30. I breathe a sigh of relief. I’d make it on time. I slip on my flats and grab the notebook with the list in it like Niall had requested and head into the kitchen. “Mom, I’m going out” I say, seeing her sitting at the table. She looks up at me confused.

“With who?” she asks. I feel the heat creep up my cheeks again.

“Niall” I say with a smile as I grab the keys to my car and bolt out the door before she can respond. I pull up to the hotel a few minutes before 9 and quickly glance in the mirror to double check how I looked. I step out of the car and walk inside and look around. There were only a few people here. A family checking in at the front desk, some old lady stepping out of an elevator, and some guy reading a newspaper on a couch. As I look closer, though I realize that guy had sunglasses on. Indoors. At Night. He also had a hoodie on, casting a shadow over his face. That could only mean one thing. I smile to myself as I walk over and sit down across from him, the newspaper blocking his face from view. “Terrific night isn’t it?” I ask with a grin. He peeks over the edge of the newspaper before setting it down.

“How’d you know it was me?” Niall asks with a smile taking off his glasses and putting down the hood.

“Not many people wear sunglasses at night and…” I say flipping the newspaper around “Read the newspaper upside” I add with a laugh. He turns red.

“It was part of my disguise” he protests in a mock whisper.

“Not a very good one” I reply imitating his tone. He sticks his tongue out at me.

“So let me see that list” he says gesturing to the notebook in my hand.

“No” I say pressing it tightly to my chest.

“But I want to help you with them” he whines.

“But I…Some of them are personal” I say clutching it to me. “What if I just read them off as we go?” I ask. He nods, accepting this compromise.

“So which one first?” He asks. I flip open to the Bucket list page

“Ummm let me see…” I say scanning the list. “Let’s do the get kicked out of Walmart one” I say with a grin.

“What?” Niall asks with a laugh. “Like that one internet thing from years ago?” I nod my head with a smile.

“I always thought it would be fun but was worried about getting in trouble.”

“Well come along then, let’s do it” He responds with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766 42 13
When a 20-year-old uploads a video about how One Direction saved her life, she gets more than she bargained for. A rollercoaster romance including up...
39.8K 1K 26
She was a good girl. She was lost in her own little world. But then he came along and changed her life. She thinks its hell at first but what happens...
2.8K 77 22
(ONE DIRECTION - NIALL HORAN) Victoria goes to visit her cousin in England. He used to be like a big brother to her, but they haven't spoken in nine...
225K 5.4K 42
Crises can be overcome but can everyone survive? He and She - Niall and Olivia Happy moments don't last forever and when everything seems fine, somet...