The Murderer (On Hold)

Autorstwa NinjaaKitteeh

Murder. The only thing that Anna knows. The only thing she remembers from that night. The night her best frie... Więcej

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Nine

197 8 5
Autorstwa NinjaaKitteeh

Chapter Nine

Ana’s P.O.V.

When I woke up from my deep sleep, I saw that Damien was not in his regular spot. I looked around the room for any signs of his presence, but saw nothing. I reached for my phone, which was on the table that held the food that the cafeteria employees give me. I read the time that my phone showed, and it said it was 7:00 A.M.

What could Damien be doing at this time? He usually got breakfast when I woke up…

I frowned to myself. I was quite sure as to why though. Usually I woke up with him looking at me. I grew used to it, but now that he isn’t even here, I missed his presence. I turned the T.V on, and surfed the channels. There really wasn’t anything on at this time. Settling on Mickey Mouse Club House, I snuggled up on the bed, stretching my body from my slumber.

In about an hour, Damien walked in, and looked at the T.V. which was still playing the same show. He then looked at me with a humorous face. Before I could explain he said, “You’re such a child, I swear…”

I looked at him in confusion.

“Excuse me, but you try finding a good show at this time of day. Mickey Mouse is awesome by the way. He has walked me through my childhood. My dad used to take me to Disney all the time when I was small.” I looked down on my lap, playing with my hands, trying hard not to cry over the memories.

**

Flashback

“Daddy, I want to go on Dumbo!”

“Sure, honey, let’s go!”

Mom was always busy working. She never had time to be with me or daddy. I never wanted to ask why because she would just say it was because her job needed her all the time. She used to always come with us. This was the first time she didn’t. I missed her.

Daddy and I walked towards the line, and waited until we got sent onto the ride. We didn’t have a fast pass to this one, so we had to wait an extra long time. About 30 minutes passed by, and we were finally let on.

The ride was so much fun!

“Daddy?” I said, tugging on his red shirt.

 “Can we go back on?!” I really liked it! Pwetty Pwease?!”

“But honey, there are so many other ride you can go one! What about it’s a Small World?”

“YAY!” I squealed, jumping up and down. Daddy grabbed my hand, and we walked towards the ride.

End of Flashback

**

That was the last time I had ever gone to Disney. Dad had never been able to take me again. He got busy with work as well. A couple of years later and he was murdered.

I still remember that night clearly. The police officer had come to our house, letting us know about the news.

**

Flashback

I heard the door bell ring. My mother went to open the front door. I was facing the T.V. watching Cartoon network. I was only 12, and it kept me entertained. I hadn’t paid much attention to who it was at the door. Nor had I cared. I heard mom talking to what had seemed to be a male. Commercials were playing, so I decided to listen in to their conversation.

“I’m so sorry to tell you this, but we found your husband’s body in the river not too far from here.”His voice was so rigid.

I wanted to turn around, to see if this was real. He couldn’t be dead. He promised me he would always come back from work, even if it was really late. He can’t just break his promise and leave us all. Not at a time like this. My mom lost her job, and was taking care of me when my dad wasn’t home, which was a lot of the time. She would have to find a way to help us survive, and keep our home. How could dad have done this?! HE CAN’T JUST LEAVE ME!

“Are you sure it was him?” This was the question that I had been asking myself.

“Yes we are sure. We had them check. It was your husband. I’m so sorry… I hate telling people these kinds of things. You can always talk to one of your consolers. They are specialized for this kind of subject. I’m really sorry…” With that, I had turned around, and saw silent tears streaming down her face. I got up from the couch, and walked over to the door.

I hugged my mom, and she gripped onto my small body for dear life.

 “Do you at least know who did it?” Mom said to the officer.

“No, investigators are on the case now. We will let you know when we find anything.” He said.

“Thanks for coming.” With that he nodded his head and left.

Mom let go of my fragile body, and closed the door. She slid to the floor, and sobbed uncontrollably. I have never seen my mom like this. The sight itself had made me fall to my knees and cry. I cried in her arms, and stayed there for what felt like days.

End of Flashback

**

The killer was never found, and the officer never came by to say another word to us. The case was let go, and was never looked at again.

Whoever it was, I hope they are dead now, and are rotting in the depths of hell. They killed my father.

I have lost many people in my life, my dad and my best friend. Pain seems to be my best friend now.

“Why are you crying? Was it what I said? I didn’t mean it! I swear I didn’t mean it! Please don’t cry!” Damien’s sudden words had knocked me out of my daze, and before I knew it he was at the edge of my bed, sitting next to me, pulling back my knotted hair, and wiping away my tears with his thumbs. He looked to be in anguish. Why is he caring so much? We just met

“No, it’s not what you said. I’m fine, just looked back on some memories, that’s all.”

He didn’t looked convinced, but got up anyways. He gave me one last look before heading out the door again.

Where is he going?

I put the thought behind me, and turned off the T.V. not really wanting to watch anymore. I grabbed my phone, and decided to call my mom.

Ever since yesterday, I feel close to her again. It’s almost as if she was ready to act like a mother again. I was glad. I really needed her right now.

I scrolled down the contacts until I had found her name. I clicked the call button, and was forwarded to voice mail. Strange…

Maybe she wasn’t home?

 Maybe she was working?

Maybe she was with her annoying boyfriend.

I pushed all thoughts away and finalized my decision to her being with him. She always is anyway.

I shifted in my bed, trying to get more comfortable. When I got settled, the doctor came in.

“How are you today?” He asked; a small smile on his face.

I get how doctors are always supposed to be happy, but he just makes it creepy. Its times like these that I wish Damien were in the room. Without him here, the doctor will just get creepier. This guy has the same strange feeling that I got when Harry was in the same room as me, only not as bad. It still gave me chills.

“I fine thank you.” I said simply.

“Are you in any pain?”

“No.” I said, looking away from him.

With that, he walked out of the room.

Damien came in shortly after.

“What did he want?” Damien said.

“He just asked me if I was okay, and if I was in pain.” I said, relieved that he was here again.

He sat in his usual seat, and looked out the window. I really wanted to know where he had gone, but didn’t know if I should interrupt his day dreaming.

I waited a while before saying anything.

I lie in bed, not saying a word, and day dreaming myself. I could help my thoughts going to Damien. He looked so much like Sam. I love Sam, but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t want me mopping around everywhere, forever alone.

Damien was very good looking. He had a small tan, and had amazing eyes. They changed color! I just wanted to find out what made them change color…

What made it harder to figure it out was it had only done that to me, Terra had no idea about it. She didn’t know. Was it me that made them changer color? The only way to find out was to talk to him about it.

I finally got the courage to say something to Damien.

“Hey Damien?” I asked.

He snapped out of his day dreaming, and looked at me in surprise.

“Yes Ana?”

“Can I ask you something…?” I said; cautiously.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Why does your eye’s change color?”

Right when I said, that, his eyes had changed in front of me.

**

Damien’s P.O.V.

“Hey Damien?” Ana asked, snapping me out of my daze.

“Yes Ana?” I asked, surprised at her sudden words.

“Can I ask you something…?” She said; cautiously.

I wonder what it is she was wondering.

“Sure, what is it?” I asked.

“Why does you eye’s change color?”

I didn’t expect her to ask that. In fact I didn’t even know she knew about that. Then I remembered the day at the store. My eye’s had changed color when she looked at me. I didn’t mean for it to happen. I usually only happened when I was caught by surprise. Like now. My eye’s changed colors before I could look away from her.

She gasped lightly, and slowly sat up straight. I got up, and walked over to her bed, before she attempted to get up and walk. She would just fall down.

She watched my every move.

I sat down on the edge, facing her.

“They usually just change when I’m caught by surprise. Like just now. I wasn’t expecting you to ask that…”

“It’s so beautiful…” She said, gazing at my eyes. This girl is going to be the death of me. Literally… I’m going to be damned for the rest of my life…

I don’t love her, but I can honestly say that I’m not that far from it. I really like her, that’s not going to change… I have since I saw her; I’ve just had to reject the feelings knowing what they would do to me.

“Thanks.” I said, smiling brightly.

“She leaned in, and kissed me on the cheek. I didn’t see it coming.

She giggled.

“Why are you laughing? Is there something on my face?” I said, smirking.

“No, your eye color is even more vivid. It’s cute.” She said.

Interrupting our moment, the lady from the cafeteria walked in setting Ana’s food on her table. She waved quickly, and walked out. Probably realizing she walked in on something personal.

Before Ana could do anything else, I got up, and walked to my seat.

When I had sat down, Ana’s phone had started to ring. She picked it up, and said hello.

I continued to gaze out the window, and pictured myself flying.

**

Ana’s P.O.V.

Hello?” I said into the phone.

“Hey honey, sorry I couldn’t answer earlier, I was busy.” It was my mom, though it sounded like a robot.

“Are you okay mom? Where are you?” When I said this, I could feel Damien’s eye’s on me.

“I’m fine, and I’m at home honey, don’t worry about me…” She said, her voice sounding dry. “I got to go, I’ll see you soon…”

She quickly hung up, and I was left with worry. Why was my mom so distant? What’s going on!

“What did your mother say?” Damien asked.

“Sorry she didn’t answer earlier, and not to worry she’s at home. She didn’t sound like mom. She was distant. I mean I know we haven’t really talked much before yesterday, but I know for a fact something is wrong.”I said, staring at my now disturbingly silent phone.

“Maybe she just has a lot on her mind. I mean you are on the hospital. She’s probably wondering if you’re going to be fine when you come out.”

“Then she could come here.” I said looking up from my phone, and looking at Damien.

“Don’t think about it. If it makes you feel better, I’ll go to your house, and check on her to see if she’s okay. But before I go, you need to eat.”

I looked at the food that the cafeteria lady had brought me, and wanted to throw up. I couldn’t even look at the food for too long. Nausea flooded my head.

“Are you feeling alright Ana?” Damien said, standing up, and running to my side. “You’re turning green.”

He grabbed the trashcan that was near the door, and ran back to my side.

I grabbed the trashcan from his hands, and threw my guts out in the empty garbage can.  Damien pulled my hair away from my face so it would get into the chunks that were flying out of my mouth, burning my throat in the process. By the time I had finished puking, my stomach was sore from all the pressure. I lay back in bed, and tried to get my breathing back under control.

“I’m going to go get the doctor.” Damien said, heading back towards the door.

“No!” I croaked.

“Ana, you just threw up…” He said, looking down on the smelly trash can.

“I only threw up from the call with my mom. I’m not sick. Just stay with me Damien. Please?” I said.

“Okay.” He walked back over to my bed, and smoothed out my messy hair. His touch was making me feel better.

“Sooner or later you’re going to have to eat.” He said, looking me in the eyes

“I know, just not right now.” I said. “I can’t even stand the smell of it.” I pushed the wheeled table away from me, lying back down.

My eye’s suddenly felt heavy. I tried to stay awake though, not wanting to waste too much time sleeping.

“If you’re tired Ana, then go to sleep. I’ll go to your mom’s while you’re out, okay?” He said softly, getting up from the bed.

“Okay.” I said, not able to fight the sleepiness.

He bent down, and kissed my forehead, and walked out the door. In about 5 minutes, I fell asleep.

**

Damien’s P.O.V.

I walked out of the hospital, and walked to the same place I had the night before. I took off my shirt quickly; making sure no one was around to see my wings. I unfolded them quickly, and bolted in the sky, shirt at hand. I flew high enough for people to easily confuse me for a bird.

I didn’t waste time trying to get to Ana’s house. I need to know if her mom was okay. I may not be her guardian, but I am Ana’s. If she’s worried about her mom being in danger, then hell, I’ll protect her mother as well, as long as my Ana doesn’t get hurt.

Yes my Ana, seeing her cry earlier today made me realize that I really do care for her.

I saw the house that I had been to for so many times, watching at her window, watching her sleep at night, and watching her write in her diary. I bet she is dying to write in that thing. It seemed to be the only thing that keeps her from breaking down. It’s her crutch.

I flew down slowly, making sure not to draw to much attention. When I knew the coast was clear, I flew down to the front steps of her house.

I folded my wings back up, and slipped my shirt back on. I walked up the remaining steps, and rang the bell. When no one had answered, I looked in the window and saw that all the lights were off, and there was no signs of life what so ever. I checked to see if to door was locked, and found it to be open. I opened the door completely, and walked in, making sure not to make any noise. I searched the house for something suspicious, but came up short.

There was absolutely nothing out of order. All the photos were up right, all the furniture was where they were supposed to be. I walked through ever inch and cranny of the place, walking through every room. I came up to what must have been her mother’s room, and heard whispering. Whoever or whatever it was must have heard me, because now they were hushed. I was cautious to opening the door.

I inched closer, putting my ear to the crack of the door. I held my breath, and listened for any noise.

I could hear ragged breathing through in the room, and I immediately opened the door, and found none other than…

Ben.

He had Ms. Gregory on the bed, tied up. She was struggling from the restraints, and my guess was she was the one that was breathing raggedly.

“What are you doing to her?!” I yelled.

He didn’t seem to be fazed by my presence.

“I had promised myself that I would ruin Ana’s life, leading up to her death. I’m not going to let you stop me, even if you’re her Guardian Angel.” He spit in disgust.

With that I jumped in his direction, punching him repeatedly. No one is going to kill her, or her mom. Even if it kills me in the process.

************************************************************************************************************

I hope you all liked this chapter! 

I wanted to ask you all if I should put this up for the Watty Awards 2012? Please let me know!

Thanks for all the new fans as well! :D

I love you all! You guys are just awesome!

Picture of Ben on the side! (: He's cute, but evil!

**HazelEyedMaggie

PS: This has been proof read, so please let me know if I missed anything! Thank you!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

13.7K 306 18
When Nick and Charlie accidentally witness the brutal murder of three strangers, they want nothing more than to forget it ever happened, to stay safe...
883 71 25
Hazel reached. She went inside and saw mom on floor crying hard and then a stretcher came out covEring small body of height same as Eri. Everything s...
1.8K 113 23
**𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄!** 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 �...
4.8K 173 28
When the father of a girl named Esma died on a normal night, right after they got in a fight, she was devastated. Lucas, her brother, is suspected of...