Blooming Iris | ✓

By angellover254

Iris had lost her twin brother and parents in a horrible car accident three months ago. Now she's homeless an... More

-Blooming Iris Chapter 1-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 2-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 3-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 4-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 5-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 6-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 7-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 8-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 9-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 10-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 11-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 12-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 13-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 14-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 15-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 16-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 18-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 19-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 20-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 21-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 22-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 23-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 24-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 25-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 26-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 27-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 28-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 29-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 30-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 31-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 32-
-Blooming Iris Chapter 33-
-Blooming Iris: Epilogue-

-Blooming Iris Chapter 17-

48.1K 1.2K 56
By angellover254

Richard's POV~

"How do you like the food so far?" I asked Iris.

Looking up from her food, she chewed and swallowed before she answered me, "It's amazing! Who knew something that's called a Spider Roll can taste so good!"

Containing my laughter, I took a quick sip of water. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it."

"Well I'm glad you decided to go to this restaurant for lunch. The food is delicious!" she exclaimed, eating another spider roll.

Nodding at her, I checked my watch. It was a little bit pass three. "Seeing as you're almost done with your food, I'll get the check," I told her, getting up.

"Sure I'll - Wait!" she yelled, grabbing my hand, the look of panic flashing through her eyes. "I mean, um... lets... um order some more food! Yeah, yeah, that's right, I'm...um still very hungry," she said all in a rush.

Okay, there's something weird going on here. I know Iris can eat a lot when she wants to, but she has already eaten three plates full of Spider Rolls, and she's still hungry? There's definitely something going on, but the question is what?

Looking down at her, something clicked. I didn't really think much of it this morning, but her outfit...Iris would never wear leggings or that coat, she would always wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket. So why pick now to wear that? "Iris, why are you wearing leggings?"

"W-what do mean?" she asked nervously, looking anywhere else but me.

"You always wear jeans, why are you wearing leggings today?" I asked again, taking a step forward.

She took a step back. "Um no reason, thought I'll wear something new today."

"Are you sure about that Iris?" I asked, taking another step forward.

"Y-yes."

"Iris," I breathed, taking another step forward, cornering her to the wall. I placed both my hands on either side of her face, trapping her there. "Look at me," I whispered.

When she didn't, I grabbed her chin gently, lifting it up, our blue eyes meeting. "Iris, tell me the truth. What's going on here?"

"What do you mean?" she asked in a rush, that I almost couldn't understand her.

"You know what. Why are you wearing that outfit? Why is it that you don't want to go home with me?"

"It's nothing!" she answered quickly, avoiding eye contact once again. She's lying... but why?

"If you say so," I told her, letting her go. "Come on lets order some more spider rolls." If Iris won't tell me the truth, I just have to play along with her until she does. Sooner or later, I will find out what's going on here.

Iris' POV~

Sighing in relief, I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. That was too close! I thought the surprise was over, and that I ruined everything, but thank god that he didn't find out. Nodding I headed back over to our table, while Richard order another plate of Spider Rolls. To tell you the truth, I'm getting sick of these things. Sure it was yummy and delicious the first couple of rolls but after the third plate, I just got tired of eating them. Maybe I should of told Richard I wanted something else, but I guess it's too late since he already order them.

A few minutes later, the waiter brought us another plate of Spider Rolls. I stared at them, not wanting to eat anymore since I was pretty full, but I had to. If I don't Richard would go home, and then the surprise would be ruin.

Gulping, I grabbed a Spider Roll, and popped it in my mouth, chewing it slowly.

"Good?" Richard asked, looking amused?

"Very!" I exclaimed, giving him a wide smile.

"Sure..." he said the last part quietly that I couldn't hear.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing," he said smirking. "Just hurry up and eat, so we can go home."

Home! Not good. Must eat slower! Not trusting myself to speak, I nodded my head instead. I didn't need a repeat of what happened last time. It was really hard lying to him with him looking at me like that!

"Iris, why are you eating so slowly?" he asked, eyes shining with laughter.

"I'm n-not! This is how I always eat."

"Really? The waiter brought out the Spider Rolls about fifteen minutes ago, and you only finished one."

"So? I like to look at them and remember the moment, before finishing them." Yeah, that excuse should work for now... hopefully.

Containing his laughter he leaned forward, getting closer to me. "Really now?"

"Y-yes."

After staring at me for a moment, he smiled, and grabbed a Spider Roll off my plate. "Open up."

"Uh?" I asked confused.

"I'm feeding you. Now open up," he said, bringing the food, closer to me.

Listening to him, I opened my mouth. Smiling, he placed the roll in my mouth, me chewing it, and swallowing.

"See Iris, you eat fast, not slow."

Did Richard just tricked me? I think he did! I can't believe it, stupid Richard and his commanding voice... his beautiful deep, husky... wait a minute! What am I saying? Why am I always saying these things about Richard now? Stupid mind!

"Um, Iris, are you okay?" he asked, concern written all over his face.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

Looking down at my food, there were about four Spider Rolls left, if I eat very slow, taking at least seven minutes on each, I can waste about thirty minutes. Looking back up, I met Richard's smiling face, glancing at me. Avoiding his eyes, I tired to look for a clock. When I finally found one, the clock read three thirty. Great...I still have about an hour to waste, since it takes about thirty minutes to drive to Richard's place. I can waste about half an hour eating, but what do I do for the other thirty minutes I have?

"Iris."

What to do? Walk around? No, we already did that. Get more food? No, I'm way too full to eat anymore. Oh my god! What am I going to do?

"Iris!" Richard shouted.

"What...?" I asked, finally hearing him speak.

"I asked, if you wanted to go somewhere with me?"

Really? Maybe I don't have to do anything. I can just follow Richard. "Where?" I asked eyes brightening up, trying to contain my excitement.

"I was thinking of visiting your old foster home."

"What?" I asked confused. Why is he bringing that up?

"Well remember your old friend, Alex?"

"Alex! Yeah? What about her? Did you finally figure out why she didn't leave with her new parents?"

"Yes I did."

"And?" I asked.

Chuckling, Richard finally answered me. "She didn't leave because at the last minute she decided she didn't want to go. The couple that was going to adopt her, respected her decision, and left. As of now they are still looking to adopt, but Molly- the women that was going to adopt her, says she still can't find anyone better than Alex."

Alex didn't want to get adopted? But why? "So you're saying that there is still a chance she can get adopted?"

"Yes, but we need to talk to her."

"Why?"

"I have a feeling that you are the reason why she didn't get adopted."

"Me?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, now come on, we need to go before visiting hours are over," Richard said taking my hand, leading me towards the exit.

"But-but I didn't get to finish my Spider Rolls!"

"I think you have already eaten enough, but if you really want, I'll get them to wrap it up for you."

"Would you do that?"

"Of course," he said, smiling. "Wait here, I'm going to find the waiter," he said, before he disappeared.

Soon, he came back, with a bag in hand. "Come on, lets go."

"Kay." I smiled, following him out. "So how are we going to get there?" I asked, as soon as we were outside.

"Of course, Adam will take us there."

"Okay, do you need to call-"

"No need, he's already here," he said, cutting me off, pointing behind me. I turned around, and of course, Adam was already opening up the door to the limo. "Come on, we need to go!" he said, grabbing my hand, running towards the limo.

"Where to sir?" Adam asked.

"The foster center in town please, and step on it."

"No problem sir."

Richard's POV~

In no time we arrived at the foster care center that Iris used to go to for a few months or so.

"Hello how can I help you sir?" some lady asked, giving me a once over. Okay that's kinda awkward since I'm twenty (wow I'm still not used to saying that) and she's like my mother's age.

"Yes I was wondering if there was a girl named Alex here? I would like to speak to her."

"Name?"

"Richard Price."

"Richard Price? As in the billionaire?"

"Yeah, that, but anyways can I please speak to her?"

"Of course, this way please," she said once she got over the shock.

Making sure Iris was following me, I followed the lady. She brought us to the same small room, when I was here last time.

"You have thirty minutes," she said, before she left Iris and me alone.

"Come on Iris, this way," I said, grabbing her hand, pushing the door open.

"Iris? Oh my god! Iris, is that you?" Alex squeaked, pushing pass me, attacking Iris with one of her hugs. "It's been so long! Where have you been? I miss you so much!" she said all in one breathe. Oh yeah, I forget this girl can talk.

Taking in Alex, I can see why they were friends. Alex was like Iris is many ways. Not in the looks department though, Alex had curly brown hair, and bright green eyes, instead of Iris' golden blonde hair, and her shining blue eyes. But there's one more thing that was very different between the two, Alex is a very hyperactive person.

After hugging-well more like Alex hugging Iris, while Iris just patted Alex's back, she looked up. "Oh my god! It's Richard!" she shouted, finally noticing me in the room with her. "Did you bring Iris back?"

"Well I brought her back to visit you. She was wondering why you didn't get adopted like you were supposed to."

"Oh that." She nodded, turning her attention back to Iris. "Iris, I stayed because of you. Since I was your only friend, I felt like I needed to protect you from the other kids. I know you Iris, you acted happy that I was leaving, but I knew that you didn't want me to go, so I decided not to go, but when I woke up the next day you were gone. You have no idea how worried I was! I repeat - do not scare me like that every again, you hear me?"

Iris nodded her head, tears rolling down her face.

"Don't cry Iris," Alex gently whispered, pulling Iris in for another hug, this time with less power.

"Um Alex," I said awkwardly, trying to get her attention.

"What?"

"I was wondering do you still want to get adopted by that couple?"

"Of course I want to!" she exclaimed, a little bit too loud. "But sadly they're gone."

"Not really. Molly still wants to adopt you, and I can call her for you if you want," I told her, pulling out my cell.

"Oh my god! Really? Thanks so much Richard, you're the sweetest!" she squeaked, letting go of Iris, attacking me with one of her hugs.

Looking down at her, I patted her on her head, since she only came up to my chest. As I was making my call, I glanced at Iris, who was looking at Alex and me, something flashing through her eyes, but she turned her head, before I could read it.

After hanging up with the nice couple, I looked down at Alex who was still hugging me. "I just called, they're coming soon."

"Yes! I finally get to leave this place, and finally get a family. Oh and Iris, don't forget about me, and don't forget to visit me at my new home."

All Iris could do was smiled and nod at her. "I'll get my new mom to give you the address, so we can still see each other," she said to me.

"Alright then, we'll make sure to visit."

"Sir, your time is up," the lady said, opening up the door to Alex's room.

"We'll be out in a minute."

She nodded, backing out.

"Well I guess this is goodbye for now," I told Alex, going over to Iris, who was still acting weird.

"Yes for now, bye Richard, bye Iris! I'll miss you!" she said running over to give Iris one last hug before we left.

"Let's go home now, shall we?" I asked Iris, once we were seated inside my limo. "Iris?" I asked, when she didn't answer me.

"What?" she asked, finally answering me.

"I said, lets go home."

"Um... wait, what time is it?"

Checking my watch, I told her the time. "Four-thirty, why?"

"No reason!" she said, somewhat acting normal again. "Yeah... lets go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 11.5K 50
Previously known as - Us Feyre - A silent and calm girl living alone in a small apartment. As an orphan she faced many difficulties and wasn't blesse...
847K 21.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
267K 9.9K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
33.3K 738 32
"And there he is. Ready to love me..." *** Life hasn't been easy for Lily. Orphaned and alone, she works hard at a cafe, baking delicious treats an...