Faith in Omertà ✔️ [Complete]

its_shaili_kg द्वारा

Faith has traveled all the way to a new place to start a better life but little did she know her destiny was... अधिक

NOTICE
Chapter 1- Found me
Chapter 2-Your Taken
Chapter 3-Be scared
Chapter 4- Omertà
Author note
Chapter 5- Secret
chapter 6- Betray
Chapter 7- the past
chapter 8- her
Note
chapter 9- Lost her 1
chapter 10- lost her 2
Chapter 11:- lost her 3
chapter 12:- lost her 4
Chapter 13:- lost her 5
Author note
Chapter 14 :- Revenge
Chapter 15:- Invitation
*New Story*
Chapter 16 :- Pain
Chapter 18:- Masquerade 2
Note
Chapter 19:- Murder
Chapter 20:- Chase in the Maze
PLzz Vote
Chapter 21:- Grief
Chapter 22:- Knight
Cast
Chapter 23:- Treachery
Chapter 24:- Runaway 1
Chapter 25:- Runaway 2
Chapter 26:- Vengeance
Last chapter 27:- Beginning
Answer me !!!
Last year's trailer
Book 2
NEW BOOK ALERT
The Fiction Awards 2020 !!!

Chapter 17:- Masquerade 1

3.5K 180 2
its_shaili_kg द्वारा

******
Lay all your cards out on the table,
Show me your hidden hand;
The time for tricks is over,
Let me know just where you stand

Life was just a game before,
A meaningless charade;
But now there's risk and pain involved,
The stakes have all been raised

The time for tricks and lies is up;
Let those hidden truths reveal
The secrets, lies, and mysteries
You tried so hard to conceal

You pretended to be innocent
Throughout those grueling days,
Now I know there are things beyond
That you didn't wish to say

An image isn't good enough
To win this timeless game;
The person that you truly are
Is more than just a name

So let me see what truly lies
Beneath your masquerade;
If things are left repressed too long
They all begin to fade

All those things you keep inside
Reveal to one you call your friend
Getting rid of those dividing walls
Makes life much simpler in the end

By Erini Katopodis

******

Valak POV:-
I was breathing heavily. My heart was pounding fast. I place my hand on my heart it was beating fast. I was confused. I looked around. I was somewhere deep in the woods in my jeans and a white shirt. I heard the cracking of dry leaves behind me. I turned back to see someone running in a white dress. I ran behind that person. What was I doing here? I needed to know where I was who was she. I was getting close. It was a girl with brown hair holding her white dress and running. I screamed at her to stop. But she still kept running.

I was more close to her. I would hear her voice and breathing. Sounded like she was in pain. I didn't waste my time running. I grabbed her wrist and stopped her. I made her face towards me. She slowly started turning back. My curiosity level raised high. I was stumped and in shock seeing her.

"Faith" I called her.

She slowly looked up straight at me. Her blue eyes were filled with tears. I looked down. She was wearing a white full-length dress. But the horrifying thing was there was blood everywhere. She brought her hands up. I looked at her hands. It was covered in blood. Was she hurt ?.

She was filled and covered in blood.
I went closer to her to touch her and ask her if she was okay, but before I could touch. There was a bright light that flashed on my face. I closed my eyes and placed my hand in front of my face to cover the brightness.

I removed my hand and opened my eyes just to see the ceiling of my room.

I got up from my bed and saw myself in the mirror. I was topless my whole body was wet in sweat. My locket was also covered in my sweat drops. I took my locket in my hands and kissed it.

This locket was the only proof that says who I was.

Faith POV:-
I was sittings in front of my dressing table thinking about what to do with my hair's. Just then I heard a knock on my door. I got up to open it.

There was no one. Is that a joke or another threat. I looked everywhere to see who it was. Just then I hit something with my foot. I looked down. There was a black big box. I picked it up. It was quite heavy.

I brought it inside my room and closed the door. I placed the box on the bed. What was in this. Strange things started running in my head. What if there's Grace head inside. I was sweating. I slowly started to open the box. I pulled the lead up. There was something wrapped in red paper. I started unwrapping it. My eyes were wide open not because of horror but because of the beauty that was inside that box.

I ran my fingers across the material. There was a soft silk silver gown. It was beautiful and shining. There was a card too.

"For a brave girl a beautiful disguise, wear it tonight "

Who could that be I thought. I turned the card to see if there is any name of the sender. Behind the card, there was a question.

"Did you break the riddle ?"

My eyes went wide open. He was here. Wait! Is he really here, should I call him and ask. Maybe it can be Max. He sends his messages too. What if he was really here ?.

I would still wouldn't come to know. Because I have never seen him. And again this was a masquerade party. Where everyone will be wearing a mask. Behind the dress, there was another small box. I opened it with care. There was a red masquerade mask that would make me look very classy and graceful. It looked like it was handmade with care and elegance.

It was so beautiful that I feared if I touch it will get filthy or I'd spoil the beauty of it.

But it states in order that I should wear it.

After half an hour of figuring out what should I do with my hair's and let them stay open as they were curled up from down and I was pretty much having a good hair day. I don't know why but I was feeling happy today it felt like I have no grudges on anyone, no problems, no punishment, and no revenge.

I applied a slight makeup and most off kept it natural so that it matches my dress. The dress fit me perfectly like it was made for me. It was a backless and deep neck dress. I was exposing the perfect amount of skin or maybe too much. I was standing at my door deciding if I should go or not.

Everything was suddenly so uncomfortable. I was about to open the door just then someone knocked. I opened to see a maid.

"Ma'am everyone is excepting you down," she said

I nodded and didn't take much time looking here and there like an idiot if I'm not missing anything and said "okay"

She walked away. After a few seconds, I got out of my room. It felt like I was let out of the cage after a long time. Suddenly everything was different. Like I never saw this place before.
The decoration of the party was mesmerizing.

I was at the top near the stairs before walking down the stairs. I took a small peak down to see what was down cause there was a lot of voice of people talking and making a toast sound coming up.

There were a lot of people. I placed my mask on my face and tied the knot. And placed my hair above it so the knot is hidden under my hair's. I walked down looking at the steps down.

I could hear people talking after a few seconds there was louder I looked up to see what was happening. They all were looking at me. I reached down and looked everywhere to see if I found a familiar face.

To be honest I was looking for Max cause not only the men but also the ladies were staring at me and that was making me uncomfortable.

I walked across the hall. I could still feel people looking at me. There were ladies overdressed with over make-up. Maybe I was looking too simple.

I walked out of the hall. I just step into the party but I was done with it. I was in a different hallway. Or a different part or side of the mansion that I never crossed. I was looking for a washroom.

Suddenly I felt a warm hand on my back. I jumped in fear and turned back. It was Caden.

"You look, beautiful love," he said.

Should I say something? Definitely no. Maybe I should run. I turned and bumped into a wall. But it was not a wall it was a hard body. I looked up. It was Cedric.

"Beautiful is not the right word Caden I'd say she looks delicious," said Cedric. I could see the cruel intentions and lust in their eyes.
I  should definitely get away from here t. But I couldn't they blocked mine both the path. I turned back again to face Caden.

"Let me go," I said while trying to push Caden back with my hands on his chest.

"Come on Faith it's only us who are going to give you pleasure cause Adolfo doesn't love you he's gonna marry you but have a honeymoon with someone else," said Caden while laughing and gave high five to Cedric. Cedric grabbed me from behind with his one hand around my waist and other on my neck. Caden grabbed both my hands with his one hand and other on my mouth to stop my voice and to stop my moments to fight back.

The only thing that were free were my legs. I used them wisely as I lifted my right leg up which hit right on Caden's crotch. He lost the grip on my hand to hold his crotch because of pain. I digged my nails in Cedric's arm. Which made him leave his grip on my waist too. I took this opportunity and pushed Caden aside and started running. Cedric was the first to run behind me.

Before he could reach near me. I again bumped into someone. I looked up to see Max. I thanked God for thousand times I think when I saw him. He looked back behind me to see why I was in fear.

"I am gonna tell this to Adolfo" Screamed Max at Cedric and Caden.

"Hey! brother, come on you know what's gonna happen with her. We can share " said Cedric looking back at Caden and giving small laugh.

"I hope you know what to touch or even think about your member's girl is a punishment to death, you are going against the Omertà," said Max.

Cedric looked pissed off while Caden was still in pain. He looked back at his brother and then gave a dead glare at me. I knew what that glare means. Max too saw what Cedric did. He went back to his brother to help him out.

"Are you okay ?, Did they do anything to you?" Said, Max

"Yes they touched me and I feel disgusting," I said in a pissed off tone. Their touch, their hands on my body was really pissing me off. I was feeling irritated. I wanted to go back to my room and have a bath.

"Why don't you go out and take a little fresh air, it will calm you maybe you'll feel freshen up till then I'll keep an eye on both of them," he said

He said to me to go out on the right side of the mansion, there was a boathouse.

I walked out. It was dark and no one was out. I was out from all the stares and high-class mafia voice. I walked straight towards the boathouse. There was a wooden arch bridge to reach the boathouse. But I stopped at the middle of the bridge on the deck and got near the railing to look down in the water. It was clean there was a lotus in the water everywhere. I looked up to see the moon. It was pure white and after so long time I was seeing stars. It was a beautiful night. I instantly forgot what happened a few minutes ago.

After a few minutes, I heard someone footsteps behind me. It was a man shoe voice. I stood straight in an alert position. I heard the footstep getting closer. The voice of his footsteps stopped beside me. I could feel him standing beside me. He was not too close. I saw from my side-eye view he was six feet tall. He was wearing a black tuxedo. He was looking up at the moon. The only thing I couldn't see was his face. His mask was weird.

He turned his face towards me and caught me looking at him. I turned my head on the other side. He was handsome under that mask that I was sure by just looking at his remaining uncovered face. His eyes were blue. That's all I could notice.

I turned back to look at him. He was still looking at me. But there was a cut smile on his face. Should I say something? Was he waiting for me to say something ?.

Maybe I shouldn't. What if he's a creep like Cedric and Caden. I turned back and decided to walk inside. Just then he grabbed my wrist to stop me. I jumped in fear.

Why is this party getting worse and making me jump in fear and shock?

He's hold was soft and not harsh. I looked up to see at him. I noticed his mask was covering his temple, his eyes, half nose, and one side chick. It was in black color.

"You look beautiful," he said.

"Thank you " was all I could say. I couldn't move from that spot I didn't even want to free myself from his grip. His voice was something I could die to hear again. It felt like I have heard it somewhere.

"You are so beautiful that I want to give you something, can I ? " he continued.

I was numb in one place. I kept staring at him. Now I was being creepy. He removed something from his pocket. There was a big chain with a locket on it. He placed that locket in my hand. But he didn't leave my hand.

" That dress looks gorgeous on you "
He said.

Again like an idiot I nodded and said "Thank you" I was not in my right mind. I need to get back on earth. My inner goddess was calling me back to reality but this felt like an imaginary fairytale from which I never want to come out.

"Will you dance with me?" he asked and I nodded again.

"But, there is no music," I said.

"Just play your favorite song in your mind and I'll play mine in my mind," he said.

He placed his hands on my lower back and I place mine hands on his shoulder. We started to dance and move in harmony. At one point I laughed. He gave a small laugh too. for our weirdness

"This is weird," I said

"I'm having fun," he said in his sexy deep voice. My heart literally melted. It felt like I know him. He was not scaring me like other men's. Instead, I felt like being with him forever. I felt protected.

"Why do I feel like I know you," I said

His expression was suddenly changed his eyes were on me and he looked worried. I stopped moving and kept looking at him. It felt like something was bothering him.

"Maybe you do," he said.

Should I tell him that I have a feeling that I have seen you somewhere that I feel protected? Should I tell him?.

No ! My mind screamed. That would sound weird and creepy again. I brought my hands down from his shoulder. And move back. Suddenly I started feeling cold when I moved away from him. I wanted that warmness again. I wanted to get more close to him then I was before.

The Locket he gave me I tried to give him back.

"Thank you, but I can't accept this," I said.

"It's my family's I have one. This one's for you. It gives me the strength I hope it gives you too in this world " he said. By this world, I think he meant this mafia world. He must be too from one. I turned back to walk away and back in the mansion.

"Thanks for wearing that dress," he said just when I turned my back on him. The realization hit me like a lighting strick.

Now I knew why it felt like I knew him. That voice, it was his voice. It was him. I turned back but he was already gone.

******

******

Vote, Share and Comment on your favorite part

and Follow me insta its_shaili_kg

*******

******

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

390K 8.5K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
48.7K 1K 43
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
9.7K 883 46
Today I want to die. Not because of anything in particular or specific, but just because the utter thought of ceasing to exist sounds devastatingly e...
1.2K 64 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...