Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

66. Break

29.6K 1.6K 613
By spaghetti000cheese

Alec's P.O.V

I can't believe it.

How is it possible that she found out the evidence?

No no! That's not true. Master Gilfred could never do this to me. He is like my father who was always there to support me.

He couldn't do it!

But more than the thought of betrayal, my heart was beating frantically at the thought of leaving Elisa forever.

Could I really leave her forever?

No! Never. Even the thought of me leaving her for a second brings a type of coldness in my heart that I could never describe. It's like every vein in my heart is turning into frost and slowly making my heart beat difficult.

I was restless, breathless the whole day since she told me that she had evidence. I was sweating up and at the rate I was running my hands through my hair, I'd be a bald man already if not for my strong hair roots.

How in the world am I supposed to stay away from a soul who is the only reason of my living?

I was dreading my footsteps till her house, dragging my time to make it less painful, try to come with some sort of explaination to maybe... win her back but I knew it was futile.

I could not back away from my promise. Not after what I had done with her.

But neither could I stay away from her.

I finally arrived on her porch, contemplating on running away but I can't.

I have to do this.

I rang the bell.

My heart was already feeling empty.

Why did I do this to her? Why did I break my most priceless Gem?

Why did--

"Come in, Alec." It was Elisa's best friend who opened the door.

"Where is she?" I asked in as much strong voice as possible.

She looked at me with a sad expression, as if she knew what I was going through, "In her room, come I'll take you." She said softly.

Why is she acting so strange? I thought she wanted to kill me.

We went up through the stairs and finally arrived at her door.

"Elisa? open up, he's here." She said and knocked on the door.

"Come in and Care? Leave us alone for... some minutes." Her voice whispered through the other side of door.

Just hearing her voice melted away the frostbite from my heart.

Dear Lord, what am I gonna do?

She left without another word and I opened the door after finding my voice.

As soon as I went in, I was engulfed in an almost bone crushing hug.

"Elisa? What happened?" My hands automatically wounded around her waist as fear for her well being shook my heart. She was shaking like a dry leaf in winter.

I pulled out to check her, "Are you alright? What happened? Did someone hurt-- Shh" I soothed her as I saw her puffy red eyes that seemed to have flowed out endless amount of tears.

She shook her head and cupped my face with her small hands and cried even harder, "Please tell me what's wrong littleone, Is it your brother again? Tell me and I'll fix it. Just please don't look so broken." I said clutching her closer to me.

"I-I" She tried but broke down again.

"Yes, tell me.  It's okay littleone, there's nothing in this world that we can't fix." I said trying to encourage her.

She shook her head again and closed her eyes.

But what she did next was totally unexpected.

She turned her head up and kissed me.

I was too stunned to respond back for a secong but my body instantly reacted to her touch.

The thing I've craved so much for such a long time.

I molded my lips in hers to taste her familiar strawberry flavour with a hint of saltiness from the tears.

I kissed her back with eveything I had, she wrapped her hands around my neck and drew me more closer to her.

Our tongues fought for domination, we couldn't get enough of each other. I pulled back to let her breath and opened my eyes.

She was still her crying her heart out, "Please tell me what's wrong littleone." I said breathlessly.

"Alec... I'm s-so sorry..." She started but stopped again to pull in gulps of air.

I kissed her forehead, a gesture that always soothed her, "Shh.... tell me." I said.

"I d-did love you o-once." She said and my heart flew at that confession but I would like it even more if she used the present tense.

"Yes?" I said to keep encouraging the her.

She looked in my eyes and took a deep breath, nodding to herself

"And that's why I have to let go of you." She said in one breath and took a step away from me.

"What the f*ck?" I said.

I couldn't understand what she was saying, I don't understand what's going through her mind.

"Yes, Alec. I have to let go of you and you of me. We both need to move on. I have the evidence Alec and I want you to move on." She said all the while gushing more tears out of her eyes.

Was it bad to hope that for a moment I thought she was confessing her love for me? That she wanted to be back in my arms? Back to me?

I felt shattered at the moment.

"I don't think I can move on Elisa." I said rubbing my hands down her arms, trying to memorise the feel of her skin for eternity.

"I know Alec, that's why I have a solution for it." She whispered.

"I don't think that'll help Elisa." I said trying to come with anything that would make her stay.

"It will Alec. I loved you and I can't see you stuck with me forever because one day I'm going to die and I really want to move on but I can't until I've made sure that you too are happy in life. I want you to be happy again." She said.

"And the reason for my happiness is right in front of me." I said.

"Please don't make this difficult Alec. I've thought about it all day. It's killing me to let go of you." She said putting more distance between us with each step she was taking back.

"And how do you imply we move on?" I asked her.

"By breaking our mate bond."

For a moment I thought I didn't hear her. Then I thought that I probably jumbled up her words in my mind and when she said nothing, the meaning of her sentence finally clicked in.

I grabbed her, "Have you gone crazy? No one can break a mate bond! And even if one could, then I wouldn't allow it. Never." I said furiously.

How could she even think like that? How can she come up with such blasphemy?

"No Alec! It would be easy for us, more easier for you! You're not in love with me and we didn't complete the blood bond stage. We can do this. I know it's... It's unreasonable but look at the bright side, once the bond is broken, you can have full control over the force that selects a mate. You just have to mark a vampire or any creature of your choice and she'll be your mate. You can have the most strongest mate you've always wanted in this world. You can have a mate that has everything that I don't." She whispered at the end.

"There's one thing she can't be, that no will ever be." I said through clenched teeth.

She looked up at me with sad expression, "You! She won't be you. I will always want you Elisa! Just you. I don't want powers, I don't want my kingdom or kingship, I just want you and you to want me." I said trying to stop the burning sensation behind my eyes.

She came closer to me again and clutched my face in her petite hands, "You can have someone so much better than me. Someone who can stay with you for eternity Alec. Please don't be difficult I'm begging you." She sounded so broken that it was making me difficult to say no to her.

"How could you ask me of this thing Elisa? How can you? Everyone does deserve a second chance, whether it be a monster or a God, everyone does and so do I." I said, still refusing to give up on us.

"I can't Alec. It's not because of that slap or the whip lashes. Do you know why I can't give you a second chance? It's because the most unkindest and painful lash of yours is breaking my heart. I can't bring myself to trust you again. I tried to but I can't. Please Alec... If... if you ever, for even once, cared for me then you'll let us break our bond." She said finally the only thing that I can't deny.

"I do Elisa. I care so deeply. If that's what you want then... then I won't stop you. If you really want to break our bond then fine. Go ahead and do it." I uttered the words out as a single drop of tear fell from my eye.

Elisa took in a sharp breath and looked at me in surprise, "But don't expect me to move on Elisa because I won't. Ever." I said as she wiped my cheek.

"Wait, first I'd like to see my evidence. If it is the proof then we'll continue this... this." I said trying to extend my time period with her.

"Okay. Come with me." She said and took my hand in hers as we left the room.

"I think... I think you should move on Alec." She said while guiding me downstairs.

I laughed humorlessly, "I can't."

"Why?" She asked.

"I just... can't." I said. I can't find a reason to give her.

She turned around to face me when we reached downstairs, "Alec... Are you falling in love with me?"  She asked and I took in a sharp breath.

I have been asking the same question to myself for few days and everytime I come with same answer.

"I don't know."

"Alec please don't fall in love with me or else it will become much worse than it already is." She pleaded me.

"It's not in my hands." I said quietly.

"Adelfoś?"

"Olivia?" I said and sighed after seeing her.

It's been so long since I saw her.

"There's your evidence Alec. Olivia is the evidence." Elisa said and I looked at her.

"How?" I asked completely baffled.

"Olivia, come here sweetie, tell Alec what you saw that night." Elisa asked kneeling down in front of her, "Tell Alec, the truth."

"Adelfoś... Uncle Gilfred..." Am I really ready to hear this?

Am I really ready to hear a betrayal?

"Just say the truth Olivia." I said as softly as possible.

"Adelfoś, Uncle Gilfred is innocent, Ella is lying."
****

Hii my sugarcakes!!!

Thank you so so much for best wishes. I'm so so sorry for updating late and not even replying to your sweet comments. I love you all so much.

I was in way too much pain to reply anything sane.

Anyways, How was it?

Don't forget to smile.

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

877K 39.4K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
1.3M 28.8K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
2.5K 249 20
Ava's been running for years. Running from life, love and pain. It's all she can do to maintain her sanity after a horrible accident stole ten years...