At All Costs || Jerrie

By HauntedHaunter

Police officer Jade Thirlwall has to do everything in her power to protect her girlfriend Perrie Edwards when... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 1

5.1K 134 39
By HauntedHaunter

Jade
When I woke up this morning, I definitely didn't expect to be dealing with a boat accident on The Serpentine lake, leaving six people severely injured and four dead.

Sure, being a police meant going on all kinds of 999-calls but getting a 999-call saying there's been a fatal boat accident with five boats involved wasn't something that happened everyday.

"Come on, lift her up!" Chief Thompson yelled.

Jesy and I grabbed ahold of a young blonde woman and pulled her up on our boat. Carefully, so we wouldn't hurt her, we laid her down on her back.

Noticing she was unconscious, I put my ear above her nose and listened for breathing while keeping an eye on her chest.

Not hearing anything nor seeing her chest rise and fall, I realized I had to perform CPR in order to save her life.

With everyone else being busy rescuing the five other survivors, this young woman's faith was in my hands.

It had been a while since last time I performed CPR and knowing she'd either live or die based on how fast I was, added a lot of weight on my shoulders.

"Is she breathing?"

Looking up and seeing my partner and best friend look at me with her brown/greenish eyes, a wave of serenity washed over me.

As long as Jesy stuck by my side, saving this woman's life would be a piece of cake. Because she would help out as much as possible and make sure everything goes well.

"No, but I'll give compressions and you'll blow air into her mouth, okay?" I said confidently.

"Sounds like a good plan, partner" Jesy smiled.

Feeling a lot more confident about this, I placed the heel of my right hand on the woman's breastbone, then I put my other hand on top of the first, connected all ten fingers with each other, and pressed down her chest.

After I had done thirty chest compressions, Jesy placed her mouth against the woman's and blew twice into her mouth.

Seeing her chest rise slightly both times, the feeling we possibly could save her increased, igniting a flame of hope in the pit of my stomach.

The second Jesy removed her mouth from the woman, round two of chest compressions began. This time I pressed her chest further down as I did the compressions way faster, thinking "the faster, the better".

As I worked on the woman in need, I kept imagining Perrie, that it was her I was trying to save. Just the thought of my girl made this seem so much more important, as if Perrie's life was on the line. I had to save this woman.

"Aaaand, that's thirty, my turn."

Like before, Jesy placed her mouth against the woman's and blew air into her mouth. As her oxygen entered the woman's system, I could see how her pale face started to regain its beige skin tone as her blue lips slowly went back to its normal red/pinkish colour.

Right when Jesy was about to blow the second breath, the woman suddenly started to cough. Water escaped her lips as she kept coughing intensely.

"She's coming to!" I exclaimed happily.

"Yeah, let's lay her on the side so she won't choke on the water" Jesy said calmly.

Before I had the chance to answer my partner, she had rolled over the now coughing woman on her side, so her back faced me.

Once our boat arrived at shore, we handed over all six injured people to the paramedics, who put them on a stretcher each and then drove off to the hospital with wailing sirens.

As always after a rescue mission, Jesy and I shook hands with our colleagues as we told them they did a great job today.

Coming to chief Thompson, he took my hand in a tight grip as his ice blue eyes looked deeply into mine.

"You did a fantastic job, officer Thirlwall. With you on the force, it's safe to say our people will receive the best help possible when the emergency strikes" he said kindly.

"Thank you, chief" I said politely.

"Now, why won't you head home and celebrate today's success?" He smiled.

"I will. Have a good rest of the day" I said kindly.

I shook chief Thompson's hand one last time, then Jesy and I walked to our squad car that was standing perfectly parked among the eight other squad cars on the crowded car park. 

"Do you want me to drop you off before I head home?" I asked.

"No need to, Zac is taking me home" Jesy smiled.

"Wait, what?" I asked, surprised.

"I'll give you all the details later. Now, get your bum home to your girl. She's sick in bed and has been without you enough for a day" Jesy said.

"I want to hear everything from the drive to the coffee to the sex" I said, teasing her.

"We're not gonna have sex!" She exclaimed, obviously embarrassed about my statement.

"We both know it will happen. You can't resist him" I chuckled.

"Keep teasing me and I'll let everyone know what you did in the elevator with Pez at the school she's working at."

Wow. That escalated quickly. I better shut my mouth if I want to be able to come to work every morning without feeling as if everyone knows what me and my girl do behind closed doors.

"Okay, I'll leave you here, love. I'll see you in the morning" I said softly.

"Yes, see you tomorrow, babe" Jesy smiled.

She embraced me in a tight hug. I buried my face in her chest, enjoyed every second I got to be in her arms.

"Now, off you go."

After a way too short goodbye, I opened the door to the white squad car and hopped in. I put the seatbelt on, then I put the key in the ignition, roared the engine to life and made my way home.

**

"Honey, I'm home!"

I closed and locked the door behind me, afterwards I threw my dark blue police jacket on the leather armchair, and walked inside.

Arriving in the open-plan-area I saw that the telly was on, but Perrie wasn't watching. Annoyed by Jamie Oliver's voice, I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned the telly off.

Once his face disappeared from the screen, I made my way to our bedroom to see if my baby was there.

When I got there, my eyes immediately landed on a beautiful blonde woman with her hair up in a high ponytail, being all wrapped up in pillows and thick blankets as snores escaped her half-open mouth.

I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear as I watched her. Even when she was sick, she was the most beautiful human being I had ever laid eyes on.

Longing after my girl, I made my way up to the king-size bed. Before I laid down, I pulled my gun out from the gun holder and secured it so it wouldn't fire off and kill us, then I put it in the top drawer where I kept other personal things Perrie wasn't allowed to touch.

I kept my uniform on, in case they would call from me station, then I laid down on the soft bed next to my baby.

I placed my lips on her forehead, which was extremely hot from the fever. At first, the heat took me by surprised but then I got used to it and kept placing gentle kisses all over her face.

"No, stop it, will you?"

A bit confused I disconnected my lips from her forehead and leaned back so I had full view of her gorgeous face.

"What did you say, babe?" I asked, slightly giggling.

Perrie mumbled something again, but this time I didn't understand what she said. All I caught was something about swimming with sea turtles.

Oh well, it was nothing important coming out from her mouth anyway. She's just talking in her sleep, she won't remember a word by the time she wakes up.

So, knowing she'll be asleep for a while more, I put an arm around her body and buried my face in her hair, soaking in the wonderful smell of her lavender shampoo.

Too bad she doesn't have a sense of smell. She would've understood so much better why I love her lavender shampoo so much.

After I had blessed my nose with that incredible smell I placed one last kiss on Perrie's baby soft cheek.

"Sweet dreams, baby" I whispered lovingly in her ear.

I laid my head on the empty half of her puffy pillow, thereafter I closed my eyes and waited for my much-needed sleep to come and take over.

___________________________________________________________

A/N

Hello, everyone, this is my first story here on Wattpad and it'd be pretty awesome if you'd like to read the story I've planned to write for now over two years. English is not my first language, so if it occurs any errors, please, let me know so I can fix it.

I hope you'll enjoy this story as much as I'll enjoy writing it :)

-

M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 1K 18
Perrie Edwards , 17 year old intersex girl who is madly in love with Jade Thirlwall (who hates her more than anything) . Jade's boyfriend and His fri...
61.6K 2.2K 28
This story revolves around Jade Thirlwall, one of the most popular girls in school and Perrie Edwards a straight A student. The two opposites have hi...
41.1K 1.2K 37
A girl called Jade Thirlwall moves into a new school with her best friend Jesy Nelson. But when they go there Jade sees someone who caught her eye, a...
162K 5.5K 21
Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne do everything they can to help Perrie get over Zayn as much as possible. OR in which the girls' trip to Vegas turns out a w...