The Dark Prince (rewriting)

By Aneil_

[BOOK 1] "His arm reached out, and I felt his hand touch my face in the darkness of his car. Heat prickled on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
News & Thanks

Chapter 8

4.6K 154 15
By Aneil_

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

Adrianne

I woke up to the sound of my alarm screeching.

Flipping over, I turned it off and smothered my face into my pillow.

The memories of last night came to me, and I looked around in confusion, squinting.

How did I get home?

I couldn't remember how, for some reason. I must've fallen asleep. I shrugged and sat up in my bed, sighing.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

I stared at my toe that stuck out from underneath my covers, waiting for my body to wake up.

I checked my phone.

I had a text from Reece, and my heart jumped at the sight of his name on my screen.

I'm picking you up at 8.

I grinned, typing a reply.

Where are we going?

I headed to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face to wake up.

Changing for class, I heard my phone ding and I saw his reply.

Can't tell you. It's a surprise.

I shook my head, responding, Yes, sir!

I headed to my class, parking as close to the building as I could. I walked in and sat down in the last row.

I leaned on my hand and stared at the wall, letting my mind drift to the beach last night.

Was that real?

I thought of how I was curled up to his chest, smelling him.

Yep.

But my smirk quickly disappeared.

I was in danger. That's what he'd said.

That's what Kyle was.

I wonder what happened to him-

My thoughts were interrupted by the class being dismissed, and I made my way back to my car in the flurry of students. Driving home, I got a call from Brianna.

"What's up?"

"Driving home from class."

"You wanna go get a pedicure? My toes are getting a little crusty."

I laughed and looked at the clock in my car. It was 5:45.

"I can't," I said. "I have plans at 8 with someone."

She paused. "With who?"

"Remember that guy I told you about at my job?" I said slowly.

She practically squealed and started rambling. "Oh my God! You have to send me a picture of him. Have you guys had sex yet?"

I almost choked. "N- no!" I stammered. I thought of how strong he was when he picked up Kyle, how I could always see his muscles through his shirt.

"Have you thought about it?" Her voice interrupted my train of thought.

"Yeah," I admitted. "He'd probably destroy me, though."

She laughed. "You have to give me the details when you do!" She lapsed into a story about her professor and how they'd had sex in his office. She said it was the worst sex she'd ever had.

I chuckled and pulled into my empty driveway. My mom must be at work still.

"That's why I need to stick with guys my age. They can actually move around without saying that their back hurts."

I laughed and went inside.

After spending a few minutes on the phone, we hung up and I hopped in the shower. Tying my hair up in a bun, I walked by my window to see something black out of the corner of my eye. When I turned my head to look, though, I only saw my car in the driveway.

Just then, I heard the doorbell ring.

What the hell?

I jumped, and quickly threw on a pair of pants before heading downstairs. Looking through the peephole, I saw a familiar pair of grey eyes and sandy hair.

My breath caught in my throat, and I admired him through the peephole.

God, he was so...

The feeling of him knocking against the front door brought me back to reality.

I took a deep breath and open the door.

"Hey."

His gaze went from my head to my toes.

"Hi."

"It's... it's not eight yet?" I stammered, trying not to melt like butter from the way he looked at me.

"Oh, yeah, I know," he said, waving his hand passively. "I was passing through the neighborhood and thought I'd stop by since you're alone." He winked.

I looked down, pulling the door open.

"Umm, come in." I sidestepped and he came in. I closed the door and locked it, turning to see a smirk on his face.

"So what do you-" he stopped himself, the smile disappearing from his face. His eyes darted to the door behind me.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Someone's here." He froze.

"Huh?" I looked out the window behind me, not seeing anybody.

"Upstairs. Now." I felt him grab my arm, and start dragging me to the stairs.

Ignoring the tingling in my arm, I resisted and stepped back, pulling my arm out of his grip.

"Reece, I dont understand. There's nobody here."

He didn't say anything, just grabbed me again and pushed me up with much more force this time. Dragging me to my room, he pulled me in and finally let go of me to lock my door.

"Reece, what-"

I saw his eyes scan my room, landing on something behind me.

"Get in the closet," he said.

"What?"

Ignoring my protests once more, he grabbed my shoulders and steered me towards my closet.

"Is this a joke?" I asked as he pushed me into the little space that was left in my closet. Was he really locking me in here?

My breath caught as I felt him come in behind me and squish his chest to mine. He pulled the door closed, leaving us in complete darkness.

"Reece-" I protested.

"Ssh." He shushed me so quietly and gently that I found myself shutting up.

Growing quiet, I realized how close we were standing. My back was touching the wall of my closet and I could see the faint outline of his chin a few inches above my nose. The air felt heavy with tension.

A loud noise suddenly came from the window, and I could hear the creaking of wood.

My eyes widened, and I couldn't help the quiet whimper that escaped from the back of my throat.

What the hell is that?

His hand felt for mine, first touching my forearm, then sliding down to my hand. He clasped it and squeezed, and my breathing picked up.

My arm tingled as he laced his fingers through mine.

The creaking sound distracted me, and I peeked behind him through a crack in the door to look at my window.

From the faint light outside, I saw the figure of a person sprawled across my window, hanging onto the ledge.

What the fuck..

I couldn't make out the facial features, but I saw it lick the glass and inhale.

It's smelling?

A shiver ran down my spine.

We stood there for what seemed like forever. The thing eventually shook his head, and I saw it jump down from the window.

I sighed with relief.

"Wait," he whispered.

We stood there for another minute until he spoke again.

"It's gone."

He opened my closet door, shedding in a small amount of light from my room. He let go of my hand, and I felt a slight tug in my chest. I ignored it and stepped out of the closet.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked, looking at the window to make sure it hadn't come back.

He sighed, sitting on the edge of my bed. "A demon."

I stuttered. "A- a what?"

"Sometimes they take over people and use them as vessels so they can walk around up here." He ran a hand through his hair.

"But... why was it here?" I glanced again at my window, checking that it wasn't there.

He glanced at me. "It was looking for you. Someone probably sent it as a scout."

I stood there, my mouth open.

"It didn't know you were here, though," he continued. "My scent covers up yours so it threw him off."

His scent...?

"It's not easy to explain," he huffed, looking down. He looked slightly defeated.

Strands of his hair fell over his face, and I resisted the urge to walk over and move them. We were quiet for a few seconds.

"So... what now?" I asked quietly.

His expression suddenly changed, and I saw him smirk.

Uh oh.

_______

Don't forget to vote, guys!!! ❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 1.4K 44
*More of a romance and less of a Mafia Novel.* ❝Everything I touch just turns to Ash❞ ❝If so than I'll gladly burn for you❞ _________________________...
461 9 1
Discontinued here. Continued, and thriving, on Inkitt under the same name.
1.8M 38.6K 58
This is the FIRST book; JAXON KING hottest guy in school but has rumors about him being in a gang. Every girl wants his attention, though they dont...
587 134 21
*ONC 2024 entry* **Round Two Ambassador's Pick** She's an angel of love; an ill-fitting name, as she's no angel. She strives for a world devoid of pa...