Boston Blues - BLACKBIRD book...

By MonicaPrelooker

+18 - eps 6-11 - A unique city. A unique police team led by a unique woman. And an uptight fed set on a coll... More

Book 1 Recap
episode 6 - #thestake
1. runaway mom
2. busted grandpa
3. missing dad
4. closer than you think
5. late date
6. pretty backup
7. loose end
8. closing in
9. jump the hedge
10. the shot
11. john way complex
12. sore
13. cop dreams
14. realization
15. down the harborwalk
16. bet on the pet
episode 7 - #theblank
1. any given morning
2. nothing fancy
3. gut feeling
4. coincidences
5. chasing a shadow
6. blurt
7. thorn in the side
8. early consult
9. the watch
10. waiting for the shadow
11. surprise
12. musing
13. a different musing
14. passers-by
15. evening news
16. nothing
17. used cars
18. not good
19. the wrong joke
episode 8 - #thequote
1. you've got mail
2. welcome aboard
3. first approach
4. field test
5. vanished
6. nice to meet you
7. takes one
8. toil and trouble
9. word of a fed
10. hold on
11. the aftermath
12. the profile
13. no break
14. promise
15. identified
16. no time
17. come out and play
18. end game
19. bad supper
episode 9 - #therubble
1. and again
2. trapped
3. collapse
4. cold burn
5. not on me
6. armor
7. atalanta
8. top ten
9. four steps
10. landing
11. a way down
12. no, thanks
13. target
14. heartbeat
15. out
17. patient #2
episode 10 - #thefeather
1. guilty pleasure
2. old pictures
3. bad news
4. new player
5. antagonist
6. old notes
7. mother and son
8. once upon a time
9. nonsense
10. off the record
11. rooftop
12. back to earth
13. it's alright
episode 11 - #thestranger
1. spree
2. extra cinnamon
3. marching on
4. join the party
5. eyes inside
6. the king comes to town
7. contact
8. keyword
9. back for more
10. happy puppy
11. one sad story
12. alone
13. s.o.s.
14. not my father
15. trust
16. another step
17. the speck
18. edge
19. broken
20. the badge

16. patient #1

457 51 0
By MonicaPrelooker

Connor walked into his mother's hospital room early next morning. Gillian sat on her bed instead of lying on it, a snow white cast covering her left leg from knee to toes. She watched the first full coverage on the explosions, annoyed at Cook speaking to the press even before getting to his office and reading the full report.

The boy approached the bed and dropped her duffel bag to hug her tight. She kept him to her chest for a long moment. She had made Aldana confess what had happened while she and Brock were trapped in the building, and the thought of her son being in such a danger was enough to squeeze her throat and fill her eyes with tears, even six hours later.

"Connor, son! You okay, baby?"

"Yeah, Mom, don't worry. Hey, good news: they just moved Ron from the ICU to a private room."

"Great! You know where?"

He raised his eyebrows—of course. Then he nodded at the TV, as the report showed pictures of Wood and his son.

"Wanna know how we figured it out?" he asked.

"Tell me."

"The explosion in Dorchester."

"Shut the door! Really?"

"Looks like it was Wood after all. His trial before doing it at the station."

They laughed together until Connor rubbed his hands together. "Okay, what d'you need?"

Fred and Aldana did an early check on their bruises and wounds, then went to see Ron. They were talking with Laura outside his room, when she looked past them and frowned first, to smile right away. They turned around and saw Gillian, coming out of the elevator in a wheelchair pushed by Connor. She was fully dressed, her bag on her lap.

Fred smirked as she joined them. "Why do I suspect they didn't discharge you?"

"They want me to stay here a whole week," she replied, horror filling her voice.

"Reg, you almost needed surgery," said Aldana.

"I'm having this stupid cast for four weeks, and I'm gonna need crutches," she grumbled. "That's bad enough." She turned to Laura. "How's Ron?"

"Fine, thank God. He's definitely out of danger, but he's gonna be committed for a couple of weeks, to treat his burns and reduce their consequences as much as possible."

"Tell'im I'm coming to see him tomorrow, when I'm not in danger of being caught and locked up. And please, call me if you need anything."

"I'll tell'im."

"Need a ride home?" asked Fred.

Gillian shook her head, smiling. "It's okay, we're taking a cab."

Aldana looked up at the end of the hall and spotted a doctor coming their way. "You better go, Reg. That white robe is eyeing us."

Gillian and Connor glanced over their shoulders and waved goodbye at them.

"Tanya is swinging by your place at noon, to lend you a hand with whatever you may need," said Aldana, as Connor pushed the chair away toward the elevators.

Gillian's thumb up showed out from behind her son.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 173 43
"Michael has been missing." ****** Rose thought everything was going perfect until that moment. It broke her. It questioned everything that they bo...
132K 7.8K 38
Tori has always known her parents were capable of horrible things. She's witnessed it first hand since she was a child. She's terrified of her parent...
42K 3.9K 101
+18 - eps 28-32 - On the sixth installment of the Blackbird series, Cassidy sends Gillian and her team with Brock and Russel to Tampa, Florida, to lo...
391 20 20
"Yes, we broke up, but that doesn't mean you will forget who I am to you!" "I remember my love, I remember that you are mine and only mine." ❤ "You s...