Who Will I Be?

By xosugarcookiexo

Lizzie Jonas is part of McKinley High's New Directions. She has a blast, even though her two older brothers N... More

Who Will I Be?
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen- Part 1
Chapter Sixteen- Part 2
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen- Part 1

Chapter Eighteen- Part 2

1.5K 34 18
By xosugarcookiexo

Well, this is it! The LAST chapter! I just want to say thank you so much for reading, commenting, rating, favoriting, fanning-EVERYTHING!!!! Stay tuned at the end for a special question!

---------------------------------------------------------Chapter Eighteen-----------------------------------------------------  

All show choirs must be in the theater in five minutes. Thank you.

"Okay, ladies. Let's hurry up!" Rachel clapped, a huge smile on her face.

We all cheered as we continued to apply our makeup. We were all in the Girl's Bathroom, basically keeping everyone out so we could finish primping. I already did the cover up on my cheek and I also put cover up on my cut...just in case. I still couldn't figure out what was going through my mind last night...what made me pick up that razor?

After that 'event', I went to bed and pretended to be asleep when I heard Finn come in. I heard him sigh as he ran his fingers through my hair, he planted a kiss on my forehead then went back over to the boy's room. He tried to talk to me this morning at breakfast, but I avoided him by diving in a conversation with Mercedes about a guy she was apparently dating. 

I pushed all my thoughts about my dramatic life as I focused on my makeup. Time to get your head in the game, Lizzie. You're at Nationals, in NEW YORK CITY. Just focus on your performance and pretend like everything is alright...you're good at that, remember? 

"Here, let me help you out." My internal conversation was interrupted by Quinn's voice.

She grabbed her own eye shadow and began to apply it on my eyes. This was...odd. I wasn't used to a nice Quinn, or even just an approachable Quinn for that matter.  

"Smokey eyes looks amazing on you." I heard the smile in her voice.

Now compliments?! "Oh, um, thank you."

"Listen, I know we got off the wrong foot," She began, "But, you're actually pretty cool...and Finn seems to like you...a lot." I bit my lip at the mention of Finn, "All that I'm saying is, I would like to be friends with you." She finished.

I heard her close the eye shadow and I opened my eyes. Quinn's smiling face greeted me, it was odd seeing her so happy when she was this close to me. But, it doesn't hurt to have a few more friends...right? Who needs enemies?

"That's sounds really nice, Quinn." I smiled.

I was expecting a big embrace, like the one Rachel gave me when we rekindled our friendship. Instead, I got a smile and a nod as Quinn went back over to Brittany and Santana. Before I put too much thought into it, Rachel ushered us all out of the bathroom and into our seats.

The boys were already seated, and stood up to let us in. Of course, I got the seat next to Finn. He gave me a little smile as we both sat down, as everyone else filed in and leaned over to me.

"Can we talk? Please?" 

The lights went down in the theater, signaling the competition was beginning. I sighed.

"Not here, Finn. We have a competition to win."

He began to protest but was soon interrupted by the announcer. Releif washed over me as the first choir went on stage. 

XXX

I began to pick at my nails as I stood backstage. It was now time for the New Directions to perform and our performance began with me being the only one on stage. I felt as if a brick was on my stomach, I wasn't ready for this. I can't do this. Why isn't Rachel here? She should be the one singing, anyone other girl should be singing this song with Finn. Not me.

As if on cue, Finn came walking over to me. He was on the right side of the stage while I stood in the middle of the backstage. He stopped in front of me, the two of us just staring at each other. I decided to break the silence.

"You're going to be amazing up there." I smiled, playing with my hair.

He looked me in the eyes, "I love you."

My heart fluttered in my chest. Finn Hudson loves me. I guess I always knew, since the date and all, but hearing him say it just made it into reality. As much as I wanted to tell him to find someone else, someone who wasn't so emotionally whacked-out, I couldn't. Why? Because, I love him too.

Before I could respond the announcer cut us off by introducing the club. I just smiled at him, hopefully showing him that I felt the same way. He gave me that cute half smile.

"Break a leg." He walked back to his spot.

I took a deep breath as I opened the curtain and stopped on the top stair of the three steps that were on the stage. I began the song with the riffs then began the lyrics once the spotlight shined on me. ((Bold is the background AND the lead together-New Directions and Finn or Lizzie)

Remember love

Remember you and me

Remember everything we shared

On this planet when we cared

I stepped on the second step

Remember hearts

Remember unity

Remember loving neighbors without expecting favors

I continued to sing as I stepped on the last step

Why be afraid

To make an honest mistake

If you acknowledge the pain

I was now at the very front of the stage, the audience right in my face.

And you wanna change

You can get through anything

Do you remember at all

People walking hand in hand

Can we feel that love again

Can you imagine it all

If we all could get along

Then we all could sing this song together

When I sang the world 'Together', the New Directions (excluding Finn) walked on the stage.  

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Singing

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Finn then entered the stage, I bit my lip. He looked so attractive in his Nationals outfit, I shook the thoughts out of my head as I danced with the group of girls. He stared right at me as he sang the first two lines.

Look at me

Look at you

Now look at me again

See we're not so different

Look around

Take what you see

With throwing things outside our window

We don't care to keep it clean

Finn was doing an amazing job! His voice has always been perfect for the song. We all split into our partners as we circled them. Of course, mine was Finn. His face looked.. hypnotized. As if he was contemplating doing something as he continued the song. We separated as the group continued to do the routine with their partners. Finn went right to the front of the stage.

I had a dream

Beauty was only skin deep If we all just believe

That is all we need

Nothing else can set you free

The crowd was bobbing their head to the music, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. I wrote what was making them..happy. I joined Finn at the front, we both got into a position so we were facing each other-but kept a fair distance away. I took control of the chorus, Finn did some riffs in the back.

Do you remember at all (at all)

People walking hand in hand

Can we feel that love again

Can you imagine it all

If we all could get along

Then we all could sing this song together

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Singing

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Finn and I joined hands as he lead me around the stage. I once again sang the lead first.

If we could throw away the hate

And make love last another day

Don't give up just for today

He let go of my hand.

Life would be so simple

Finn sang the next part, going right into me. Our bodies were touching, making me blush just a bit.

And they may talk about us

They gon' never stop us

Soon, the New Directions got into one big line, Finn and I in the middle. The audience stayed seated, but still clapped along to the beat.

We'll keep singing

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Come on, we'll keep singing

Singing oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Do you remember at all

People walking hand in hand

Can we feel that love again

Can you imagine it all

If we all could get along

Then we all could sing this song together

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Come, come on, come on singing

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Singing

The New Directions gracefully walked to the back of the stage and turned around, facing the stairs. This left Finn and I the only ones on center stage as we finished up the song. I looked into his eyes, the brown orbs sparkling with excitement. His lips were hypnotizing as he sang each word with such emotion. Oh god, I wanted to kiss Finn Hudson. Right now. 

Finn: Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh Singing

Lizzie: Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Once the song ended, Finn put his hands on my waist and pulled me into a kiss. Now, the practical Lizzie would have pushed him away...but this was the "I'm in Love" Lizzie. This Lizzie put her hands on his chest as she deepened the kiss...in front of everyone. But, at the moment, it felt as if we were the only people in the theater. Just Finn and I, expressing our  love to each other. He brought his hands to the sides of my face, his hands resting on my long hair, and we ended the kiss. We just stared into each other's eyes, pure love written on our faces. Bliss filled both of our hearts as smiles crept on our faces. 

Then, I remembered where we were.

The Nationals stage in New York City. A deadly silence filled the once music-filled theater as everyone tried to process what just happened in front of them. Heck, I was trying to do the same thing. To break the awkward silence, Mr. Schue started to clap and soon the rest of the audience tentatively joined him.

Finn and I held hands as we walked to our spots with the rest of the club, we separated when I made my way to stand at my spot next to Rachel. She gave me a questioning look, her and the whole club confused by the long silence. I blocked it all out as I focused on the opening music of our other original song Light Up The World.

XXX

We all sat in the lobby of the theater, waiting for the results of the performance. We needed to get into the Top 10 to even be considered winners and since our second song ended in a standing ovation-and not a kiss-I think we stand a pretty good chance. Never the less, everyone was a little upset at Finn and I for kissing on stage...I couldn't even imagine how mad they were going to be if we didn't get in.

I needed something to take my mind off this stress, I decided to head to the bar for a bottle of water.

I thanked the bartender as he handed me the water. Once I turned, I was greeted by Finn.

"Hey." He smiled.

I smiled back, giggling. "Hi...so, that kiss was amazing." I blushed at the memory.

"Amazing? It was the Superman of all kisses! It came with it's own cape!" He fawned.

I laughed but definitely agreed. I kissed one or two guys before Finn, but that kiss just topped all of them. The passion in that one kiss made everyone else's look so...fake.

Mr. Schue called us over so we could go look at the newly posted list, Finn held my hand as we waited for Mr. Schue to come back. When he did, a look of shock crossed his face. Was this good or bad?

"What did we place?" Finn asked, hope playing in his words.

Silence. "... W-we didn't." 

Our smiles all faded. We didn't even place. Everything went in slow motion, the cheering as other choirs realized they made it...then there was us. Just staring at the list, as if it would change before our eyes. Only one thought crossed my mind.

It was all my fault.

XXX

"You can't put the blame all on yourself, Lizzie. Show Choir is a team sport." 

Nick began his speech as he brought over the pizza box. It has been two days since the club and I returned from New York and none of us were over the loss yet. It was rough seeing all your hard work going down the drain. It was all because of me. Me, Finn, and that stupid (amazing) kiss. Finn and I have been talking, but we were avoiding the club. As I predicted, everyone blamed it on the two of us. I wasn't blaming them, I would blame it on me too. 

"Nick, Finn and I kissed during a performance," I took a piece of pizza, "It is all my fault."

Nick raised an eyebrow, "Teenagers kissing in stage? You'd think show choir judges would be into that."

I playfully slapped him in the arm as our attention went back to the television. It was a Sunday afternoon, our parents and Joe weren't home so Nick and I decided to bond a bit. He wanted to hear all about New York and Nationals. It felt nice talking to my brother like this again.

"Look on the bright side, only two days left of school." He said a bit more seriously.

I smiled at the though of not going back to McKinley for two months. Summer was always a nice time for the club as well, we always hung out together whether it be tanning on the front lawn or just going to the mall. Would this summer be the same? Does anyone even want to hangout with me after Nationals? Maybe Finn and I could just hang out. I smiled even bigger at that thought.

"Yeah...summer."

XXX

"Finn?"

I whispered as I looked down each aisle of the library. It turned out Nick was right, everyone was still a little mad at me but they were civil. I had to remember that we were all friends first and club mates second. Poor Finn was apparently too scared to face everyone, so I volunteered to find him. I smiled when I found him huddled in the Encyclopedia section. I plopped down next to him. He looked up and smiled at me.

"What are you doing here? Everyone is in the choir room, basking in the glow of our Participation trophy." I smiled jokingly.

Finn sighed, "Everyone in there probably wants me dead."

"Isn't that a bit dramatic?" He smiled at my sarcasm. "They're actually...okay with it. They're upset, but not mad."

It was silent for a bit, us just enjoying each other's company. I looked over at Finn.

"Was it worth it? Kissing me?" I asked him the question that has been nagging me.

Finn just smiled, "Yeah, it really was."

"Finn, I'm such a mess." I looked down. "Why do you even like me?"

Finn blinked at me, "You have no idea how beautiful you really are, do you? Inside and out." I blushed as he took the necklace out again, "And, yes, I still want to be with you." He put the necklace on me. "Now and forever...or at least as long as you can put up with me." He added the little joke.

Without saying a word, I crashed my lips onto his. He was a bit shocked at first, but quickly returned the kiss. It was simple, we were in school after all. After the kiss, we both left the library and made our way to the choir room hand-in-hand. Once we entered the choir room and was greeted to smiling faces, it hit me how this year has been full of ups and down, but being in Glee and being with Finn more saved me from doing very drastic things.

Yes, I still had a long way to go. Between Joe, the pressures of Senior Year awaiting, college, and so much more, it seemed as if the road will never end. But, knowing I was surrounded by these people, the ones who love me for who I truly am, just make everything seem easier. 

I suppose Glee is really about opening yourself up to joy. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TA-DA! :D

So, I want to take a vote...would you guys like it if I did this Jonas Sister Story for Season 3 of glee? What do you think?? COMMENT!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.6K 56
(READ 'START OFF FRESH' BEFORE READING THIS BOOK) Emily-Grace is at McKinley High for her second year. She has a wonderful boyfriend and two amazing...
302K 6.6K 89
With all of its original members gone, the glee club must struggle to survive at McKinley High School. Having taken the club by a storm the last year...
220K 3.2K 42
Sofia Lopez is one of the newest New Directions members who is Santana's sister. It's a new year at William McKinley High School and It's her dream t...
18.2K 306 15
Rachel is trying to forget about Finn and all the bullying that was done to her and decides to go to new york with her best friends Santana and Kurt...