At First Sight (#1)

By ross_shor_lover

After things went bad with Alexa, Rocky had given up on love. He never wanted to go out with the guys, or eve... More

Chapter 1, Staring At The Ceiling Again
Chapter 2, Pick Your Heart Up Off The Floor
Chapter 3, I Wanna See You Smile
Chapter 4, I Can't Let You Pass Me By
Chapter 5, Things Are Looking Up
Chapter 7, You Don't Have to Be Alone
Chapter 8, Nobody Makes Me Feel This Way
Chapter 9, I Can't Forget About You
Chapter 10, I Could Be All That You Need
Chapter 11, I Can't Say I'm In Love
Chapter 12, We'll Always Be The Same
Chapter 13, You're All Mine Pt.1
Chapter 13, Pt.2
Chapter 14, No Place I'd Rather Be
Chapter 15, Say You'll Stay Pt.1
Chapter 15, Pt.2
Chapter 16, Slow Hands
Chapter 17, Sex On Fire
Chapter 18, If You Could Love Me
Chapter 19, There's Nobody Else
Chapter 20, Been Down This Road Before
Chapter 21, Love Me, Leave Me, Left Me Numb
(A/N)
(A/N)

Chapter 6, Tonight I'll Be Your Man

195 5 2
By ross_shor_lover

Rocky's P.O.V.

After a long week, it was finally Friday, which meant I got to hangout with Sky. As I woke up, I stretched with a huge smile on my face. I felt so refreshed.

As I walked into the kitchen to get breakfast, Rydel gave me an odd look. "I don't think I've ever seen your teeth this much," she chuckled. "What's with the huge smile?"

"I've got myself a date tonight," I smiled as I grabbed a box of cereal off of the top of the fridge.

"No way," she gasped. I nodded with a smirk. "Dude, I told you Sky liked you," she punched my shoulder. I lightly pushed her back as I made myself a bowl of cereal.

"How do you know, you haven't even met her?"

"The guys told me every little detail of what happened at the beach. It seemed like you two connected instantly," she shrugged.

"I hope you're right. But I'm still a little nervous about getting hurt again."

"Like I said, you gotta take a chance," she advised as she rested a hand on my shoulder. I nodded in agreement. That's all I had to do. I just had to put myself out there and hope she felt the same.

-Later That Night-

Rocky: I'll be over soon

Sky: Ok, you remember my address I sent you earlier?

Rocky: Yep, I got it. I'll see you soon.

Sky: See ya soon, Rock.

I smiled slightly at the nickname. It was 6:30 and I was ready for my date. I was wearing black Converse, black skinny jeans, and a white button up with the top three buttons undone. I wanted to keep it casual, and I told Sky to do the same. I wasn't one for a fancy first date, I just wanted to hang out with her and get to know her.

It only took me about twenty minutes to drive to her house, so I was a few minutes early. I gave myself a mental high five for that. I wiped the sweat from my palms before gently pressing the doorbell. In a matter of seconds, the door swung open. There she stood, looking so beautiful. She was wearing a simple top, black shorts, and a pair of old school Vans. She smiled up at me as she walked onto the porch. "Hey, Rocky. It's nice to see you again," she said with a toothless smile.

"It's nice to see you too, Sky. You look great," I complimented.

"Thanks. And you look very handsome yourself," she smiled back. My heart fluttered at her comment, she thought I was handsome.

"We should get going," I suggested as I pointed back to my car. She nodded as she walked onto her driveway. I would've opened her door for her, but she jumped into the car before I could even get to the passenger side. I shrugged it off and hopped into my car as well.

"Where to now?" she asked.

"We're just keeping it simple and going to the movies. And if you still feel like wasting your time with me, we can just find somewhere to hangout," I joked as I turned the key in the ignition.

"I guess I could waste some extra time with you," she smiled as she playfully punched my shoulder. I gently shoved her back before backing out of her driveway.

"So tell me a little bit about you. Everyone's got a story, so what's yours?" I asked as I kept my focus on the road.

"Well, I'm 21 and I was raised in New York City. We moved out to California when I was 14, which was when my dad left. Both of my brothers stayed in New York to finish college, so it was just my mom and I for awhile. I was a pretty quiet kid during school. Everyone wanted to party while I wanted to stay home and finish my algebra homework. And I guess that's pretty much it. What about you? You're in a famous band, so I'm sure your life story is more interesting than mine."

"I was born in Littleton, Colorado. My family moved out to California when I was 12 because it was Riker's dream to be in the entertainment industry. It was then I decided to learn how to play guitar, and everything took off from there. We met Ellington, and I taught Ross and Riker to play their instruments. Then my sister learned to play the piano and we just started jamming out together. That was how the band was formed," I explained.

"That was R5's backstory. I can go google that right now. I want to know you, Rocky, not your success," she requested. I looked at her and cocked my head to the side. She genuinely wanted to get to know me. I guess we were off to a good start.

"I'm Rocky Mark Lynch and I'm 22. I was born November 1, 1994 and my favorite color is lime green. I love playing and producing music, so I don't care about fame. I also love to play hockey and football and a lot of other sports. I'm loving and sensitive when I want to be. I recently got my heart broken, but I'm picking up the pieces and taping them back together now. I want to find love, but I'm afraid to be betrayed again," I finished. She just sat there staring at the dashboard, taking in my life summary.

"Wow. According to that, you sound like an awesome guy," she complimented.

"You asked me about my life, and I provided. I wasn't trying to boost myself up or anything. That was just the plain-old truth," I shrugged.

"The truth is a wonderful thing," she mumbled. I smiled to myself at her response. Ever since I met her I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. But it's not like I was complaining, being happy felt awesome.

Just then, we pulled up to the movie theater. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and rushed to open her door. "I could've gotten that," she smiled as she stepped out.

"Well, I wanted to." As we walked across the parking lot, I stared at her hand. I had a strong urge to wrap my fingers around hers, but I pushed it aside. It was probably too early for that and I didn't want to freak her out. I just shoved my hands in my pockets to distract myself.

When we got to the desk, I purchased two tickets for the most recent comedy movie. I honestly only picked it because it gave me an excuse to hear her laugh and see her smile. I'll take what I can get.

"Do you want anything?" I asked as we passed by the concession stand.

"Popcorn is fine," she shrugged. We went to the concession stand and I bought a large bag of popcorn and two blue raspberry ICEEs. I went to pay for it but she stopped me. "I have a wallet too, ya know."

"Nice to know you're organized," I joked as I gave the cashier the money.

"You're such a doof. I feel bad making you pay for everything."

"I asked you on this date, so I'm paying," I insisted as she rolled her eyes at me.

---

Throughout the duration of the movie, Sky was always giggling at the jokes made in the movie. And might I add, it was the greatest sound I've ever heard. Of course, I was smiling at her the whole time.

Towards the end of the movie, I draped my arm over the back of her chair, hoping she would understand what I was hinting at. I saw her peak at me from the corner of her eye, and she shifted her weight towards me. I took that as a sign to wrap my arm around her shoulders. She slightly leaned into me as I gently rubbed my hand up and down her small bicep.

It was a simple gesture, but my heart fluttered at the fact that she was accepting my affection.

Once the movie was over, we both stretched and walked back to my car. "That movie was awesome, but it was so long that I lost feeling in my butt," she laughed once we were in my car. I laughed at her statement and shook my head, rolling my eyes. "Where to now, good sir?" she asked in a terrible British accent.

"You wanna just go to the beach and hangout?" I asked. I hadn't really planned for anything after the movie, I figured she'd want to go home.

"Sounds good to me. You can never go wrong at the beach."

"Yea, until someone gets pooped on by a seagull," I laughed. She giggled along with me.

"Let's just hope that doesn't happen."

---

When we made it to the beach, we left our shoes in the car and went for a walk along the shore. The tide barely came up to our feet as we walked. "I had fun today," she smiled.

"Being with you is always fun," I added. The moon gave me just enough light to see that she was blushing. "You got something on your face, I think it's called a blush," I teased.

"Shut up. If you point it out it will only make me blush more," she laughed as she hid her face in her hands.

"That's kinda the point," I chuckled as I pulled her small hands away from her face. But I didn't drop them, I kept her hands in mine as I looked down at her. She was as red as a tomato, which made me smile since I was the one who caused that. She smiled back, and I found myself getting lost in her ocean eyes. Before I knew what I was doing, I was leaning into her face. A few hours ago, I was afraid to hold her hand, and here I am now.

Maybe I was delusional, but it looked like she was leaning in too. A spark ignited in me when our lips touched. I let the skin of our lips graze lightly, before I finally pressed my lips to hers in a passionate kiss. To my surprise, she actually kissed back. Her hands slipped from mine and I whimpered from the loss of contact. She smiled into the kiss as her arms went around my neck, gently tugging the hair at the bottom. My arms snaked around her waist as I pulled her closer. Damn, she was a good kisser.

We eventually pulled away, the lack of air being the only reason why. "Sweet baby Jesus," I mumbled. She giggled and buried her face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight.

"That was nice," she said as she smiled up at me.

"It was," I smiled back as I kissed her forehead, "We should probably head back."

"Yea, that's probably a good idea."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.2K 34
She was hurt. Mentally, physically. She would never trust another man again. Never. But she meets this crazy but sweet guy that understands all the f...
46.5K 833 21
NOT EDITED! (cringe) Alexa is a 17 year old. Who is recently moving out of her parents home. What happens when she has to live with 5 boys in her n...
162 0 52
About a girl who meets the band R5. She falls in love with two of the band mates and becomes best friends with the only girl in the group. Who will s...
1.1K 34 33
Sophie were in love with Ross before she broke up with him. She was so scared of her love for him that she decided to leave him and LA. Now she is b...