Boston Blues - BLACKBIRD book...

By MonicaPrelooker

+18 - eps 6-11 - A unique city. A unique police team led by a unique woman. And an uptight fed set on a coll... More

Book 1 Recap
episode 6 - #thestake
1. runaway mom
2. busted grandpa
3. missing dad
4. closer than you think
5. late date
6. pretty backup
7. loose end
8. closing in
9. jump the hedge
10. the shot
11. john way complex
12. sore
13. cop dreams
14. realization
15. down the harborwalk
16. bet on the pet
episode 7 - #theblank
1. any given morning
2. nothing fancy
3. gut feeling
4. coincidences
5. chasing a shadow
6. blurt
7. thorn in the side
8. early consult
9. the watch
10. waiting for the shadow
11. surprise
12. musing
13. a different musing
14. passers-by
15. evening news
16. nothing
17. used cars
18. not good
19. the wrong joke
episode 8 - #thequote
1. you've got mail
2. welcome aboard
3. first approach
4. field test
5. vanished
6. nice to meet you
7. takes one
8. toil and trouble
9. word of a fed
10. hold on
11. the aftermath
12. the profile
13. no break
14. promise
15. identified
16. no time
17. come out and play
18. end game
episode 9 - #therubble
1. and again
2. trapped
3. collapse
4. cold burn
5. not on me
6. armor
7. atalanta
8. top ten
9. four steps
10. landing
11. a way down
12. no, thanks
13. target
14. heartbeat
15. out
16. patient #1
17. patient #2
episode 10 - #thefeather
1. guilty pleasure
2. old pictures
3. bad news
4. new player
5. antagonist
6. old notes
7. mother and son
8. once upon a time
9. nonsense
10. off the record
11. rooftop
12. back to earth
13. it's alright
episode 11 - #thestranger
1. spree
2. extra cinnamon
3. marching on
4. join the party
5. eyes inside
6. the king comes to town
7. contact
8. keyword
9. back for more
10. happy puppy
11. one sad story
12. alone
13. s.o.s.
14. not my father
15. trust
16. another step
17. the speck
18. edge
19. broken
20. the badge

19. bad supper

466 44 5
By MonicaPrelooker

Another group of Squads was soon there. Perkins had his men working for hours in the five-story building, long after night closed over the city. They found three more bombs, located as to bring the whole place down if they went off simultaneously.

To make it up for her former obedience, as soon as Brock got distracted by Cooper's call, Gillian went back into the building and headed alone to Wood's apartment, dodging the Squads who were canvassing the place yet again.

She still had Wood's last threat going around her head, 'hope is a bad supper'. She couldn't put her finger on it, it was just one of those persistent gut feelings of hers, but she couldn't bring herself to believe the threat was talking about what had just happened there. It didn't make sense. When Wood paid the boy to send the email, he couldn't know they'd find him by nightfall. So his last threat had to be about something else. And she hoped to find some sort of clue or lead in Wood's apartment. Searching it with Brock would've been way faster and more effective, but she wasn't about to give in to him again by requesting his presence upstairs—only to get his disapproving scowl and some cold scold along the line with, "we have to wait for the Bomb Squad to clear the building before going back in."

The winter stars shimmered in the cold night when Perkins approached Russell, Aldana, Fred and Hank, who talked by their cars.

"It's clear," Perkins announced, removing his helmet with an exhausted sigh. "We've searched twice the whole building and there's no trace of any more devices."

"Thanks, Perkins," said Hank, as the man waved goodbye at them and headed to the truck.

Brock was still on the phone with Cooper. He disconnected and joined them back.

"We're good to go, Brock," Russell said to him.

He nodded, glancing around, and scowled. "Where's Gillian?"

"She wanted to take a look at Wood's apartment," replied Fred.

"She went in before they cleared it?" Brock asked, annoyed.

Aldana called her over the radio.

Gillian was in the bedroom, inspecting some schematics Wood had drawn in a notebook left on his nightstand.

"You go, lads. I'm staying a while longer," she replied.

She frowned, taking a closer look at the schematics under her flashlight. She knew very little about explosives, but if she was reading it right, she was looking at a dozen models of assorted remote detonators. Damned Wood, he was a genius. Why did he have to go dark side?

When Aldana repeated her words to the others, they traded a hesitating look, not fond of leaving her there all by herself.

"I'll get her," said Brock, and headed to the building.

Hank frowned. "Are we missing something here?"

Fred narrowed his eyes. "He was driving her car."

The others faced him in shock.

"What?"

"You gotta be kidding!"

"No way!"

"Her arm's wounded," argued Aldana.

"Like it would keep Reg from her own wheel," replied Hank.

Then they noticed Russell's little smile and turned to him.

"You. Speak. Now."

"Can we discuss it in the car? I'm freezing out here."

"Oh, you think they're taking a while to come out?"

Russell scoffed, opening his car. "Only if they linger searching the place, or Reg starts asking him questions about profiling," he said, and laughed at their scowls.

"He's right," Hank agreed, after considering it for a moment. "Reg and Brockner? C'mon!"

His words seemed to conjure an image that caused them a chill and they all shook their heads, trying to erase it from their minds.

They were about to get into Fred's car when the ground trembled and an explosion from the fourth floor threw them down to the ground, under a heavy rain of glass splinters and debris.   

.

.

Keep reading on the next episode: BLACKBIRD 9 - the rubble

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 196 33
Dia and her family have been relocated after Jay broke out and has his mind set on getting revenge on her. She has to adapt to a new city, new life a...
31.9K 3.1K 77
+18 - eps.33-35 - The shadow of an old foe leaves Gillian fighting for her life. And as the team hunts down the attacker, Brock and Gillian run out o...
85.8K 7.5K 93
+18 - FEATURED - #1 Thriller A unique city. A unique police team led by a unique woman. And an uptight fed set on a collision course. Declan...
15.1K 1.5K 45
đź“–Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading listđź“– Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...