Boston Blues - BLACKBIRD book...

By MonicaPrelooker

+18 - eps 6-11 - A unique city. A unique police team led by a unique woman. And an uptight fed set on a coll... More

Book 1 Recap
episode 6 - #thestake
1. runaway mom
2. busted grandpa
3. missing dad
4. closer than you think
5. late date
6. pretty backup
7. loose end
8. closing in
9. jump the hedge
10. the shot
11. john way complex
12. sore
13. cop dreams
14. realization
15. down the harborwalk
16. bet on the pet
episode 7 - #theblank
1. any given morning
2. nothing fancy
3. gut feeling
4. coincidences
5. chasing a shadow
6. blurt
7. thorn in the side
8. early consult
9. the watch
11. surprise
12. musing
13. a different musing
14. passers-by
15. evening news
16. nothing
17. used cars
18. not good
19. the wrong joke
episode 8 - #thequote
1. you've got mail
2. welcome aboard
3. first approach
4. field test
5. vanished
6. nice to meet you
7. takes one
8. toil and trouble
9. word of a fed
10. hold on
11. the aftermath
12. the profile
13. no break
14. promise
15. identified
16. no time
17. come out and play
18. end game
19. bad supper
episode 9 - #therubble
1. and again
2. trapped
3. collapse
4. cold burn
5. not on me
6. armor
7. atalanta
8. top ten
9. four steps
10. landing
11. a way down
12. no, thanks
13. target
14. heartbeat
15. out
16. patient #1
17. patient #2
episode 10 - #thefeather
1. guilty pleasure
2. old pictures
3. bad news
4. new player
5. antagonist
6. old notes
7. mother and son
8. once upon a time
9. nonsense
10. off the record
11. rooftop
12. back to earth
13. it's alright
episode 11 - #thestranger
1. spree
2. extra cinnamon
3. marching on
4. join the party
5. eyes inside
6. the king comes to town
7. contact
8. keyword
9. back for more
10. happy puppy
11. one sad story
12. alone
13. s.o.s.
14. not my father
15. trust
16. another step
17. the speck
18. edge
19. broken
20. the badge

10. waiting for the shadow

487 47 2
By MonicaPrelooker

"It's been like twenty minutes since your last call, so you better get your dirty hands off Fred."

At Gillian's right, Taylor heard Banks' loud laughter from her phone. She scoffed at something he said and disconnected.

"It's kinda weird, you know?" said Taylor then, in the most casual way. "Seeing Banks with you."

Gillian glanced at him, inviting him to elaborate. Taylor shrugged as they both looked out and up at the apartment, like they'd been doing for the last two hours.

"I mean, he's always this serious, tough guy—one of the best cops I've ever met, though. We all like working under him. But he's always too busy to... mingle, you know what I mean?" He smiled. "But when he's with you, it's like he drops his Sergeant badge and ten years. He makes jokes, and laughs and... The way you guys role-played at the crime scene the other day, and how you both know what the other is thinking..." He nodded. "Now I get why they always talk about you two, and why you were the best team Homicide had in decades."

She smiled too. "We were partners for eight years. That's a very long time to work with somebody on this job. We've saved each other's ass more times than I can remember, and had our ups and downs. Like any marriage." They chuckled softly. "I was assigned as Bob's partner when mine left the force to join the FBI. I was a frigging green shot back then, all knees and elbows. But he was patient and understanding, and gave me room and time to find my own way around things. That's why he always knows what I'm about to say: he was there when I learned to think the way I do."

Taylor listened, nodding now and then. "He doesn't only respect you a lot: he really cares about you," he said.

Gillian replied with an affectionate smile, "Just like I love his big fat..." She trailed off and sat up. "There!"

Taylor pointed his binoculars up and spotted a nimble shadow, coming down the fire escape from the roof of the building. Gillian opened her door noiselessly.

"Take the front door and wait for my sign," she whispered, sneaking out of the car to crouch behind a container, just a step away.

As soon as the shadow turned his back to the car to keep climbing down, Gillian ran to the fire escape, Taylor not a step behind. At the next flight of stairs, the man turned his back to the street and Taylor ran to the sidewalk and the building door. Gillian pulled down the ladder and climbed to the second floor, the noises she couldn't help masked in the shadow's own noises.

Above her, the killer pushed Young's window up and sneaked in. Gillian hurried up the first flight of stairs, drawing her gun, as she heard the voices coming from Young's apartment. The dealer sounded surprised, yet for some reason he wasn't afraid, but glad. Did he know the killer? If the man was doing it for Garcia, it'd figure that he knew the dealers on his hit-list. Yet Gillian couldn't tell why, but Young didn't quite sound like he was greeting a buddy. The tone of his voice wasn't the one of a guy talking to another guy.

"Holly crap!" she muttered, realization hitting her as she took the last flight of stairs to Young's window. Good thing she'd told Taylor to wait for her sign to come in.

She reached the window and stuck to the wall by it, then risked a quick glance into the apartment. Enough to see she was right.

"Tell me when," whispered Taylor on the radio.

Whenever you want, dear. "Make yourself at home, it may take a while," she replied, her breath steaming in the freezing night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Seven By K.A.

Teen Fiction

824 101 13
Blair's already unstable family had fallen apart. Her best friend had left, and she was alone. She was haunted by the demons in her head and struggli...
293K 10.1K 51
[Melkin City Series book #2. Make sure to check the first one out before reading this one!] Three years after leaving Melkin, Lacey has been working...
BELIEVE {BxB} By Jayyy

General Fiction

118K 4.8K 26
In which two best friends gets accused of murdering a white student at a college party in Texas. They go to avoid the law together by going on a run...
28.4K 2.4K 30
Two different women Two different journals. Two different journeys. What happens when these two worlds collide because of one simple mistake? 18+