Academy of Elements: Earth

By teaganthomson

Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Lightning, and Ice. These are the six main offspring of Light and Darkness. Every ge... More

Release Date
Part I
Chapter 1: Thistle of Change
Chapter 3: Bloom of Fear
Chapter 4: Feud of Thorns
Chapter 5: Duel of Roses
Chapter 6: Hebe of Home
Chapter 7: Trillium of Training
Chapter 8: Tiger-Lily of Trouble
Chapter 9: Amaryllis of Absence
Chapter 10: Poison-Ivy and Discussion
Chapter 11: Blossoming Questions
Chapter 12: Flowers and Fights
Chapter 13: Weeds of War
Chapter 14: Blooming Dangers
Chapter 15: Thorns of France
Chapter 16: Nightshade & Nightmare's
Chapter 17: Loves Flower
Chapter 18: Rumours like Ivy
Chapter 19: Gardens of Home
Chapter 20: A Meadow Among Mountains
Chapter 21: Mistletoe and Miracles
Chapter 22: Blossom of Hope
Part 2: Blood and Bloom
Chapter 23: From A Wound Blood Blooms
Chapter 24: Farm of Famine
Chapter 25: Mountain & Memories
Chapter 26: Flowering Feelings
Chapter 27: Broken Bones like Fallowed Foes
Chapter 28: Blossom of Teamwork
Chapter 29: Traditions & Terrain
Chapter 30: And From Seeds Secrets Bloom
Chapter 31: Wilting Fires & Burning Flowers
Chapter 32: Back to Blossoms and Books
Chapter 33: When Winter Winds Wilt Willows
Chapter 34: The Tree's Tear's Turn to Truth
Chapter 35: Life of Thorn & Terror
Chapter 36: Duel of Rose & Right
Chapter 37: Broken Ground
Chapter 38: Vines of Versaille
Chapter 39: A Fractured Flower Shatters
Chapter 40: Roses
Chapter 41: Thorns
Chapter 42: Gem of Hope
Chapter 43: Earth
Chapter 44: Blood & Bone, Bloom & Blossom
Authors Note
Blood of Night: Shattered Stars

Chapter 2: Blossom of Differ

1.7K 59 25
By teaganthomson

Three knocks ring out. Drowsily I open my eyes and head out of my room. We hadn't bothered packing our suitcases into the hotel, and I had just slept in my clothes. I open the door to find the kind security guard.

"We are leaving in five minutes." He says and walks away.

"Wait, what Element are you?" I ask.

"I'm not an Elemental." He replies.

"Then how do you know about us?" He walks away.

I close the door and walk over to the small kitchenette, which was right beside the door and brew a pot of coffee. I walk over while the coffee drips into my cup and knock on Brennen and Denen's door. "Wake up!" I yell. I hear a thud and an "ow" but walk away ignoring it. A few minutes later Brennen walks from the room.

"Wheres Denen?" I ask.

"Asleep." Brennen answers.

I walk into the room Denen still slept in. Brennen joins my side as I creep up to his side. I raise my hands and point to Denen and then signal to him to make a thing of water over him. Brennen twists his hands and a puddle of water appears, floating just above Denen. I twist my hand minimally lowering the temperature of the water until it was just above freezing. I nod.

The water falls with a whoosh. Denen jumps up sending a zap of Lightning towards Brennen and I. The blast of light hits me in the arm and I twitch to the ground. Brennen creates a shield of water in front him as Denen sends continues blasts of lightning towards him.

I blast Denen to the ground and Brennen creates a ring of water around his body. I freeze it quickly.

"We have to leave in a few minutes." I say with a deep breath of air.

"Ugh." Denen says and I shatter the ice.

I walk from the small double bedded room and grab the paper coffee cup which was now full of coffee, I add some sugar and stir it with a stir stick. I lower the temperature a tiny bit so its drinkable and take a sip. Brenn and Denen soon join me at the door and we make our way down to the lobby. The girls are all ready there. They ware a few tons of makeup and dresses matching their Element. Aira wears a skirt inspired by air. Its made of light sheets of light pink fabric, fading to a white so pure. Haley wears a rich green dress leaves interacted into. And then theres Ella, the definition of beautiful. She wears a fire red short dress, like the other two, lace over top of it. Ella had lost any trace of baby face since last year. She now had cheek bones, she was no longer a girl, she was a young woman.

"Why are you guys so fancy?" Asks Denen with a sneer.

"Why are you guys so under-dressed?" Asks Aira.

"Why are you so sassy?"

"Why are you so ugly."

"Why are you so dumb?"

"Why are you so lame?"

"Why are you guys so annoying?" Yells Haley. The security guards, or what ever they were, walk down some stairs and motion for us to follow them. We walk out of the basic hotel and pile into the limousine. We pull away from the hotel. The town, if it was a town, was small and made of old colorful buildings with tin roofs. We turn towards a large mountain, now driving on a gravel path. Empty fields roll past us, I had expected more sheep, and was probably jinxing it by saying that. We drive down the old rode and I was right. I had freaking jinxed it. Its a sea of fluff and everyone including the drives in the limo let out a symphony of sighs. Sheep. Billions

We slowly start to move forcing the fluffy sheep out of the way. Aira had started blowing a very strong gust of wind, enticing the sheep to move along. It is impossible to count how many sheep there are for they all seam to merge together, making a sea of white fluff. Eventually we drive through them, and finally clear the herd. I watch as they fade away down the long desolate road. The sea comes into view as we merge onto it, another car behind us. Pohutakawa trees line the rocky shores, the lapis-lazuli waves crash in a symphony roars, birds chirping in a harmony of alluring notes. The clouds float in the diamond sky like flying sheep, cruising the open air. The sun beams down touching the beautiful land, it was hard to stay awake, for it was eight in the morning, four in the morning back at home, but I, we, would adjust. We pass through a number of towns and cities but mostly just the green country side. The ocean eventually greets us again, the shimmering surface full of sail boats. A small town of old buildings. The limo was a wolf in a field of sheep.

We pull into a garage with another limousine and pile out. The security guards lock up the area after leading us outside. The sun is hot despite the time, and few people walk about. The guards join us and we walk down the road to a long rocky beach, a dock jutting out of it. The wooden board groan and creak as we to a normal sized boat. We strap on some life jackets as one of the security guards starts the boat.

The boat purrs awake we start to fly through the water. Brennen sits on the edge of the boat, creating water dolphins, trailing after us. Ella sits on the floor looking sick. It was common knowledge that Ella did not like boats, her powers rendering useless.

"Where are we going?" Denen asks over the roar of the engine.

"An island not on any humans map." The nicer security guard says. "Its where the school is."

"Whats the school like?" I ask.

"You'll see."

An island comes into view. It is the greenest thing I have ever seen. Rich green trees line the whole island, a large mountain lining the part farthest away from us now. A waterfall roars from the top of the mountain, which also has trees on it, flowing down into a lake and then into a gorgeous river connect to the sea. It was like the pigment of a gods imagination. The boat pulls into the delta and the bitchy security guard creates a bridge of stone to the beach. Everyone but the security guard who made the bridge. I cross over the boring gray rocks, some small sharks lurk in the water along with fish of many colors. The water shimmers like mother of pearl and as we reach the shore the stones fall back into the ground. Birds chirp and what I recognize as a kiwi waddles. It was adorable Aira jumps up and down squealing running over to it. The Kiwi gives her one look and walks away.

Aira returns glumly. "Are there charges for kidnapping kiwis?" She asks. The guard gives her a raise of the eyebrow.

The man walks to a nearby tree touching a grove in it.

Lets just say it was like a movie... Rocks build from the sandy river creating a bridge over it. Then more rock form creating a bridge into the crystal water fall. The water folds to either side of the bridge revealing large iron doors. I thought it was school, not a prison... The doors swing open revealing a passage.

We climb the slope of the bridge and twist onto the bridge branching to the mountain.

"The schools in a mountain?" Aira questions. It wasn't a question, more a statement, but the security guard answers.

"It used to be a prison for people with crazed minds or powers that couldn't be contained.

"What do you mean stronger?" I ask.

The man purses his lips and we continue to walk along the bridge. The split water fall crashes into the twisting river, some startled fish swimming away from the white foaming ripples out of shock, other more adventurous and swimming towards it. The large door halt and lights flash on from the darkness. We walk into the darkness and into the lit carved out room. The ceilings are vaulted with more iron, lights on the iron. A window lays on the right wall, a woman with jubilant eyes looking at us.

"Hello." She beams. "Welcome to, Herta Macer, the School of Elements."

"The Gifted Six." Says the man behind us.

"You're late Hart." She says with a wink.

I turn him as he gives her a smirk. The lady flicks a few levers and then the rocky wall in front of us crumbles. Light beams into the cavern, filtering through the dust. "Welcome to Herta Macer." She says again and we step into the light.

The floor is covered in cobblestone covered in tables and benches, in the tables are small trees acting as umbrellas. In the middle is a huge tree, its thick trunk towering high, leaves spreading from thick and thin branches alike. Around the tree is a trench surrounded by fences. The walls are lined with greenery as well trees, with emerald leaves perched on small little sections, some water even trickles from the wall. Vines crawl from some of the different hight ceilings, A section of the walls have rails coated with vines but behind that are couches and hangout areas. On each rounded corner of the room are statues of the elements corresponding animal

Fox for Fire.

Otter for Water.

Stag for Earth.

Falcon for Air.

Eagle for Lightning.

Wolf for Ice.

In each of the eyes are the gem stones for the Elements.

Ruby for Fire.

Aquamarine for Water.

Emerald for Earth.

Opal for Air.

Citron for Lightning.

Diamond for Ice.

Students stop and stare at us. Back at home it was different, people knew us as Jaxon, Ella, Aira, Haley, Denen, and Brennen, but here they new us as the Gifted Six. A woman with high heels walks into the room. Each step is a boulder dropping, anyone who meets her eyes a wilting flow, and her hair poison needles. "Mrs. Aneltt." She says. Haley shifts uncomfortably. The resemblance between the two were very similar.

The greenest eyes like a dark forest, their skin tan, and their noses identical. "Hello." I nod.

"Welcome to Herta Macer." She says, her voice monotonous. Two students come from behind her. One, a boy strong like he was made of iron, his hair a charcoal sweep. Two, a girl of beauty. Her hair is long flowing like the wind and of a warm chocolate. Her eyes are twinkling diamonds and her smile non-existent.

"These are my top students of third year. They will provide you with a tour of the facility." She stalks away.

"Follow." The girl says. I turn back to the man but he is gone, probably scared by Mrs. Aneltt.

They turn left, walking into a passage way. Its covered in vines sprouting white flowers with a honey center. We walk into a dining hall. Tables go along the long cave like a ladder, chairs and benches around them. The ceiling is made of glass, a pool of water over it, water casting down into the room in streaks of brightness.

Different greenery still grows on the walls, some trees even jutting from the wall. On the right wall is a serving area, behind it a kitchen.

"This is the caf." The boy says. His kiwi accent heavy. Aira gives the girl a confused look.

"Cafeteria." She says, her accent Canadian.

"You're Canadian?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Why are you here then?" I dig.

"Same reason your boyfriend is." She says pointing to Ella. John. He had come here for combat training, for his grandparents had been Death Hunters for Darkness, also known as Gnernalk now for that was his human name. I had done my research over last year. I had taken some books from the secret room in the Academy home and had found out a lot. Darkness used to be a human but became corrupt from his deeds.

He used to be normal though, a Blane, someone with magical heritage but not powerful enough to use it. He had been casted out of his home and sinned upon due to this, so he found ways in the ancient magic verses on how to awaken his power. His power was just pure magic, but he had wanted to be different, wanted to get revenge, so he poisoned himself with the blood of victims.

We walk from the cafeteria back into the main area and walk to the adjacent passage.

"Down here are the school rooms she says with a twist of her neck and walks to another passage at the end of circular room.

"This is the common room." she says. I look around. The middle has a large fountain, around it tables and chairs. The room has six doors, each large and grand and elemental symbols in the middle of them. It was a suprise that the walls were not lined with nature but instead a series of trickling waterfalls and engraved rivers, the ceiling is open completely, some greenery around the edges.

We walk from the room, back into the main room the two lead us to a stair case engraved into the rock leading up to the second platform that I had noticed before. We climb the stair case to an area of couches chairs, the area was lit with large torches. Some hallways are etched into the wall.

"Down these halls are more class rooms." The girl says.

We walk down the staircase and then down some more into a large flat area the middle carved out and fenced. I walk over to the fenced off area. Lava. Gurgling lava lurks far below the heat poring into the room.

I look back to the walls, seats are carved into it.

"This is the dueling arena." The boy says again,

Where John was strongest. He had bragged about it non-stop back at home.

"Where are the training rooms?" Ella asks.

The girl rolls her eyes walking up the stairs with the boy, making us trail behind. We continue to the second floor and into a hallway. The halls are alive with flours and fire, and lights. We walk up a spiral stone staircase and find ourself in a large area the same size as a basketball court. The far end of the training court is open and waterfall flows from it. I walk over and press a hand to the invisible wall. As I expected an air blockade stands, making it impossible to get past. I look down the waterfall and into a swimming pool. I look across the gap to where another training court is, built into the wall with a waterfall spilling into the pool.

"Go to your dormitories you must be buggered." The guy says.

"I look at the girl. "Go to your dormitories you must be very tired." She says with roll of her eyes.

I make my way down the stairs the others behind me.

"They're rude." Aira says sending a gust of wind down the hall.

We continue to the common room. "Meet down here at five?" Ella questions.

I give her a nod and head to the door to the Ice dorms. I press my hand to the snowflake symbol and it opens slowly. I spiral staircase sits in front of me. I climb up the enchanting door closing swiftly. It takes me a minute or so to get up the stairs to a beautiful room. The center of it is open to the elements, a fountain of ice in a spindle of art in the middle of the middle. The sun catches the ice creating sparkling shimmers along the stone walls. Doors stand at different heights with stone stairs up to them, some on the floor. The stone is raw marble and I knew that due to my stepfathers interest in caves. Icicles hang from the ceiling, glowing with a scintillating sparkle.

The girl who had given us the tour walks up behind me. "Your door is there." She says pointing to a door a few feet of the ground.

"Thank you." I smile. She raises her eyebrows.

And turns to the opposite wall.

"What your name?" I say turning. She stand by a door three step off the ground.

"Nora."

I turn walking up the stairs to the door. It opens at my touch and I walk into a small but cozy room. I walk into the room through a small hall my bags already lining the wall. The far wall is made of ice, looking over a underwater lake. It shimmers like mother of pearl making waves on the walls. To my left is a single bed and to my right is a closet carved into the stone. A desk lies on the back of the bed a chair at it and a small couch sits against the right wall. I walk back into the hall and walk through an open door. A simple and small washroom lights up. A shower against the back wall, a toilet and vanity on the wall mirroring it.

It was beautiful, and maybe even more then the Academy's dorms modern generosity. I take out my new phone which I was able to purchase with my monthly income. It was a generous amount of money that was given monthly to each of the Gifted Six, but we were in charge of saving the world.

I sit on my bed but eventually fall into a quick sleep.

I wake a few hours later. It was four thirty according to the clock on the wall. I get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom washing my face. I dry my face and make my way to the desk. A map of the school resides on it. Pulling out my phone I take a picture of it and get changed into Cacky's and a sweater, not as fancy as the girls but nice enough.

I meet the others back at the common room. The person who greeted us at the office comes towards us. "Perfect!" She smiles. "I was looking for you six. Would you please follow me?" I nod and she leads to the cafeteria. She leads us to a stage and into a door, you will be called out in a few minutes. People start to come into the long room, filling the tables all wearing practical clothes able to duel in but still be versatile for everyday life. We watch the students gather. Ella spies John and squeals, it was odd, I realize, that he had not even come to say hello. I also had not seen him in the dorm common area. Mrs. Aneltt walks onto the stage and taps the microphone. Everyone goes silent immediately, dropping all conversations no matter the importance, everyone knew who she was and what she may be hiding inside.

"Welcome to Herta Macer seven hundred fifty seventh year! Before I welcome some guests rules will be told, if anyone in this room disobeys any of these rules they will be punished. Number one, no leaving the facility without permission. Two, if a teacher says something you oblige. Three, any rude behavior is not accepted. Four anyone with un-finished work will be sent into the duel ring. Five if you break three rules you will be expelled permanently.

Damn.

"Without further a due I welcome the Gifted Six." We walk onto the stage. It's silence, and then a steady round of applause. "They will be answering questions now." News to me...

The others look at me confused and I return the look.

People raise their hands. "One question for each person." Aneltt says.

A girl around seventeen raises her hand. Ella gives her a nod.

"What is the hardest part of your job?" She asks.

Ella brows crease thinking, thinking. "Knowing that if we do one thing wrong the world will end."

A few murmurs.

"Why are you guys here?" A guy probably in first year asks.

"We are here to train and take in culture." Aira responds.

"Why train, is Darkness getting stronger?"

"We have no reason to believe so, but his threat is still looming." Brennen tells the audience.

"When will you defeat him?"

"As soon as possible." Denen responds.

"How are your powers coming along?"

"All of us are working hard."

It was only me left for the question.

"Is it true you froze time?"

The world spins. It wasn't a time I liked to remember. When the world could have subsequently ended. I had sacrificed myself for Ella, and I wasn't strong enough to save us. It was John who had. But I never had figured out what had happened after that. Still I would have been dead if my enemy, or friend, wasn't there. And I also knew I would not be here, but instead dead, if Ella had not been with me. John and I were, and had never been on good terms, but after I handed him his ass on a plate his hatred must have grown.

"No." I dead-pan. I always knew I'd answer it that way. There was ti much risk of it getting to the public, and though I had no clue how the rumor had gotten out, I would deny it; always.

"Thank you." Aneltt says sternly pointing to the ground.

We walk off the stage to the many tables, all full. She really was a bitch... Haley rolls her eyes and sprouts a trees, flattening it into a table, she also makes chairs, and forks, and plates, and cups, all made out of wood. A few stunned faces, but my attention is on Mrs. Aneltt, who looks at us, at Hailey, with intentness. Not angry, not proud, just intent. A few murmurs sound and the foods appear.

I pile my plate with salads, and meats. I knew most of the magical creature meat now, and after my incident in first year after trying Torren Toad, I still hadn't eaten it.

The food was good, not as good as the Academies but good. No dessert came, and we were aloud to leave when ever we desired.

It is about thirty minutes before we all leave, none of us really caring to stay for the end. A few people trail us but they eventually branch away. We say good bye to each other and head to our dorms. I walk up the many flights of stairs and into the common room area. It was even more beautiful at night. The crystal glow brightly like faerie lights, and the open sky above us twinkles with luminescent stars. A large full moon hangs low in the sky. I let out a breath and give a sad smile towards the night sky. Maybe the security guard was right.

"You may get praise from people at home, but people here a different. We don't need you."

I walk up the stairs to my dorm, and slide into bed.

There you guys go! Chapter 2!

How are you guys liking the book so far, some things have chaned in my writing. I've decided to go with present tense in stead of past tense, I feel like I can write better in it. Chapters will be up on Fridays by 6:00 pm Pacific time.

Question of the Chapter:

Who is your favourite Character?

(Aira, I love her attitude and sass, but of course Jaxon is my favourite because of his depth)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129 2 6
Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson or the Original Characters From The Series. The elements are living entities, embodying the power of fire, wat...
207K 8.6K 24
*COPYRIGHT* Nicole Finch, a Fire Elemental with the ability to control the single Element of Fire. She's finally come of age to join a school for oth...
115K 5.6K 45
In her mind, LIna had no past, no present, and no future. She was left of the steps of a church the day she was born and was adopted. She fears she w...
3.8K 312 59
Attending the Spark Ceremony is mandatory for all Scintilla citizens when they turn twenty. With spark ignition at an all-time low of five percent, i...