Assassin's Bride

By TheQueenofDarkness

#1 Action. "Promise me Cloud," Faith implored her voice barely audible. She lifted her gaze up at him... More

Assassin's Bride
Assassin's Bride Chp1
Assassin's Bride Chp2
Assassin's Bride Chp3
Assassin's Bride Chp4
Assassin's Bride Chp5
Assassin's Bride Chp6
Assassin's Bride Chp7
Assassin's Bride Chp8
Assassin's Bride Chp9
Assassin's Bride Chp10
Assassin's Bride Chp11
Assassin's Bride Chp12
Assassin's Bride Chp13
Assassin's Bride Chp14
Author's Note
Assassin's Bride Chp15
Assassin's Bride Chp17
Assassin's Bride Chp18
Assassin's Bride Chp19
Assassin's Bride Chp20
Assassin's Bride Chp21
Assassin's Bride Chp22
Assassin's Bride Chp23
Assassin's Bride Chp24
Assassin's Bride Chp25
Assassin's Bride Chp26
Assassin's Bride Chp27
Assassin's Bride Chp28
Assassin's Bride Chp29
Assassin's Bride Chp30
Assassin's Bride Chp31
Assassin's Bride Chp32
Assassin's Bride Chp33
Assassin's Bride Chp34
Assassin's Bride Chp35
Assassin's Bride Chp 36
Assassin's Bride Chp37
Assassin's Bride Chp38
Assassin's Bride Chp39
Assassin's Bride Chp40
Assassin's Bride Chp41

Assassin's Bride Chp16

43.7K 1.3K 256
By TheQueenofDarkness

This chapter is dedicated to my amazing friend and sister idonotexist she WROTE this beautiful Poem for Asssassin's Bride.

___________________________________

The moon unveiled itself,

It shone on his face.

Revealing his bold features,

Scaring poor Faith.

Danger looms around him

Darkness linger in his presence.

His face covered in a mask,

Haunting her dreams

She feels unpleasant.

The way he works, so mysterious.

His enemies find it way too hideous.

Protecting his lineage and dignity,

Hiding from the world his true identity

Marrying someone out of pride,

Faith's going to be an Assassin's bride.

He find himself tangled in the thoughts,

Will he be able to protect her from being scarred?

Little do we know about them,

Let us all find out what happens next.

~♡~~♡~~♡~~♡~~♡~

*Cloud*

I entwined my ankles together, crossed my hands over my chest, leaned against the Porsche and stared out at the noiseless and peaceful house. Lights were off and neighborhood was hushed as though like an afternoon's ocean waves. Summer breeze twirled around houses and spied inside rooms that had their windows unbolt for it to sneak.

Faith,

I attempted to visualize her face instead green eyes appeared in my head and I clenched my jaw. Displeasure and wrath sparked in my heart then unrolled in my blood. Aggravated, I stood straight, eyes narrowed at the window that belonged to Faith's room.

My unanticipated and brazen appearance can petrify the ingenuous girl. With a shake of my head, I vanished from the spot before the wind from east could touch my body and my form materialized in her room. I let my head bowed for few seconds then looked up in the dark, silent room.

There was no sound aside from the flapping of Sheer curtains in the wind. Steadily, I twisted on my heel and faced the canopied bed and a frame fast asleep. I strolled towards the bed, stopped just an inch and peered at Faith. Her honey like hair dispersed on her face and on the pillow, she also had a brown pillow cuddled in her hands.

I slid the net drapes of the bed to obtain a clear and better view at my wife-to-be. Mother had once mentioned Faith resembled lord Eragon, her father our mighty leader. I lowered on to the bed next to her; it dipped a little from my weight.

Nothing, there was nothing inside of me. Here I sat in front of the girl I was destined to shield yet I did not feel any sentiments for her.

I brushed the disobedient hair from her face and gazed at Faith then with a tender touch I traced her jaw line, her skin was phenomenally soft against my rough fingers. There was a scent around her, something so delicate that if it weren't for my immense and vigilant senses I would have not tracked it.

Lavender, I smiled.

My thumb rubbed on her bottom lip as thoughts dived in the ocean of my brain. My conscious crashed with its massive waves. I terminate humans with a blink of an eye, this girl right in front of me would not even cause harm to a fly. How on earth will she survive with a savage animal like me?

Faith stirred in her sleep however did not wake up but hugged the pillow closer to her. I would be an imbecile to say Faith was not beautiful. She is beautiful in fact Faith is very attractive. It is 'I'who isn't predestined to own her beauty.

Time slipped by as I sat there and gazed at the girl Lady Rosaline had chosen to be an assassin's bride. A slight breeze danced around the room and I inched closer, my face an inch away from Faith's. She looked so serene, so innocent it inflamed me.

"If anyone touched you, I will break every single bone in their body. If anyone brought tears in your eyes I will rip their hearts out," sounded my inaudible, benevolent voice. "From now on you are mine and all I want is to make you smile and protect you, but...." I blew the strand that fell on her forehead.

"I can't pledge to love you," I whispered, pulled away and stood up. After a moment I drew back the net drape in order to keep her unscathed, even from the wind itself. With a last glance over my shoulder at her I evaporated from her room and materialized outside the door of the house.

I shoved my hands in jeans pockets and stepped forward to leave. Promptly something captured my attention and my senses picked up. Someone else was here. Someone not ordinary, someone identical to my being a...Assassin! Nevertheless I kept walking, unbolted the gates of my jutsu and there it was a steady heartbeat that came from within the woods.

They are shadowing Faith.

Clouds sailed pass the ghostly moon as I made my way to my car, then pulled out my cell and dialed a number I had not ringed from several days now. After three rings the line clicked and a voice exceedingly familiar vocalized.

'Cloud'!

"How are you Wade?" I beamed but inside I waited for the assassin to advance.

'I am great, what's up man?'

"Nothing much just wanted to hear my brother's voice," I smirked.

'Damn seems like you guys miss this bastard, huh?'

"You can say that, when are you coming back, you keep delaying your arrival?" by now I reached my car, instead of getting in I stood and continued on with the conversation.

'Got some stuff to handle I'll be there in a day or so,"

"Good," I merely replied and he got the whisper.

'What is it Cloud?'

"I have a trial for you,"

"How fast do you need me there?'

"Be here day after tomorrow," I indicated the urgency of the predicament, and unlocked the car.

'You got it,'

"Take care." with that I sat in the vehicle and brought the engine to life. My eyes shot up to the rear view mirror as the heartbeats got closer, then ceased. This was the man Alexander enlightened me, that followed Faith, it has been over a week now. This person and his actions are conundrum. If he desired to kill her, he would have done it earlier, why the wait?

What does he want with Faith?

After a moment I drove away, leaving the girl wholly to her fate.

~*~*~*~

*Faith*

I lay back and merely blinked at the roof of my room. The light in my room indicated it was nearly seven thirty, the point where I had to get prepared and go to work. I lifted my hand and settled my palm on my cheek at a recollection. The dreams I had were entangled like wild forests' roots. No matter how much I strived to unravel them, they would knot again magically. I do not comprehend why I dreamt about him. I could swear my skin tingled with a soft touch but it was only a dream.

I brought my feet close and curled in a solitary cocoon. I am to marry Cloud, someone I do not know, someone who is very incompatible. Unconsciously my finger jabbed my chest where lay beneath my skin, my peaceful heart. Why did he agree to this wedding? Why did Cloud agree to pair with me? By God he does not seem like a man who would tie down his fate with someone on the basis of an arrange marriage.

My cell phone vibrated and buzzed on the bedside table. With a doleful sigh I stretched to snatch it. "Hello," I frowned at my croaky voice.

"Faith," I sat bolt straight on the bed, eyes wide open. I pushed my hair back from my face which had tumbled forward in the process.

"Cloud," then gasped. "How-how did you get my number?"

He chuckled and my heart attacked its veins to unchain her and flee from my chest, its inexperienced cage. "I asked Iris for it. Good morning by the way," I could tell he was smiling from the sound of his voice.

"Um, yes good morning. Is something the matter?" I blurted out then lightly smacked my palm on my forehead.

 "Actually there is," he spoke poised.

"Oh," was all I could utter.

I cast aside the duvet and rested my feet on the cool tile to stand. "I believe you have to go to work today so I cannot meet you now, however is it fine to accompany me on dinner?" when he asked the question I sat back on the bed and brought my wrist to my chest.

Silence was what followed us both. I bit my lip. "Sure,"

"Great then I'll see you at seven," he announced.

"Okay," I replied.

"Have a good day, Faith," it sounded good when Cloud said my name. No it wasn't like a prayer, or a melody, it was smooth, gentle.

I peered down at my phone while my inside melted as if a volcano erupted in my belly and melted away in a pool of lava. The tips of my fingers went cold and numb meantime I debated as to what occurred. I cannot do this, I cannot be with him.

~*~*~*

 "Don't you even dare question the dress Faith," Saya warned.

"Look can we change it to something else. I don't feel comfortable," I argued and tugged on my maroon dress, that fell gracefully on my knees.

"You went through like seven dresses already, all were rejected either too short or bright, which trust me they weren't," my friend coaxed.

"This one shows off my shoulders, Saya I am not comfortable," I urged.

She huffed and trod to me," Listen you have to show those shoulders someday, you are going out on a dinner with your husband,"

"He is not my husband," I gasped.

"Technically Cloud is, so please don't reject this dress, its stunning," Saya pleaded.  I nodded which earned me a wolfish grin on her face.

After work I had called Saya and apprised her. She was rather too exuberant and had dropped by ten minutes later. Since then my friend dolled me in many dresses which like Saya mentioned were too bright or short. My hair was curled and loose on my back and thankfully Saya did not paint my face a lot.

Saya turned to grab a lip gloss that was when I greeted my breakdown. "I can't do this," She twirled around, confused.

"Why, you agreed to marry him so it's evident you will spend time with, Cloud,"

"That's the thing Saya, I am nervous and apprehensive I might make a fool out of myself," I declaimed.

"Oh Faith I know you very well and you are not a girl who makes an ass out of herself, besides you have been alone with him twice now I suppose," she wiggled her eyes and I glared at her.

Thrice actually, I did not tell her about our first encounter back at his house when I had been admiring the painting. Cloud appeared out of nowhere and that was when my fate clashed with his.

"Look," she placed her hands on my shoulder and I flinched at the feel of her hands on my bare shoulders, "Cloud is a gentleman. You are going to be his wife," I blushed and duck my head and she snorted. "So be a little bold if not much,"

"Easy for you to say," I murmured. She rolled her beautiful eyes and opened her mouth to say something when the door bell shrieked. My heart skipped a beat. "He's here!"

"He is," Saya winked and darted out of my room to open the door. I inhaled and exhaled few times, my attempt to steady my heartbeats failed greatly.

After sixty seconds I abandon my chamber and walked out. I bit my lip, bounced my leg few time and rolled my shoulders then stepped in the living room. Saya laughed with Cloud at something I did not hear, they both looked my way but I did not meet his gaze. "Here she is!" Saya exclaimed.

"How are you, Faith?" Cloud questioned in a dulcet and gentle tone. I let my eye meet his for a second.

"I am great," I answered and Saya pursed her lips at my curt reply.

I stood beside her still not looking at Cloud but his gaze was on me, it burned my skin. I could feel it in my blood. "Okay I think it's time I leave you guys alone oh and look at the time," the girl next to me tusked and tapped her watch.

"It was nice meeting you Saya," Cloud spoke and shook her hand.

"Same here. Have fun!" she announced, turned to leave but not before Saya dropped her smirk at me.

Cloud cleared his throat I looked up at him at last. "Shall we?" he asked but I could have sworn he smiled at my scarlet cheeks. Then I noticed what he wore, a t-shirt with a jacket and simple jeans. He looked perfect.

I stared at his hand when he reached for mine; quickly I clicked my lips and placed my cold hand in his warm, rough ones. My heart calmed down and it petrified me which caused a tremble in my hands. I was extremely anxious. Cloud looked at my trembling hand than at me, he smiled a small smile that gleamed in his vivid eyes. He then tightened his hand around mine.

I nodded to let him know I trust him. We made our way out of the house; the humid weather kissed my bare skin and made me cringe in dismay. My eyes fell upon his car; it was the same white, elegant Porsche Panamera I had been in when Cloud drove me home.

I made to reach for the door that was when Cloud leaned in and whispered the words that robbed me from my breath; "You look stunning," his warm breath tickled my skin and blood rushed to my cheeks.

"Thank you," I spoke in a low voice and averted my eyes from him.

Again there it was the secret smile that played on his lips as he walked around the car. My thoughts failed me. I reached out for them, to seize them in my hold but a fierce wind blew them around in my brain. The drive to where he took me was silent, and I was grateful it was. I knew I could not utter a word; there was no strength in me to speak. I was confused and frantic.

When we reached to the restaurant Cloud and I walked in, but instead of actually going in the restaurant he led me towards the elevator. I eyed the people enjoying their time as we passed them. "Cloud where are we going?" then interrogated.

He did not respond instead pushed the button of the top floor, "You will see soon," he grinned; a shiver snaked down my stiff spine.

My brows knit when the elevator dinged open. Cloud reached for my hand and walked to his right stopped only when we reached a door. He let go of my hand and pushed open the large door. What sight welcomed us brought a smile on my face.

We were at the roof of the restaurant and it looked marvelous. Different colors of Tulips pursed us as we advanced. In the middle of the beautiful Tulip field was a table with two chairs. Once again Cloud took hold of my hand and walked towards the chairs.

I scanned the sensational Tulips that swayed with the gentle hushed breeze. Their bright colors shone in the night and the fragrant engraved in my senses. "You like Tulips?" asked the man who sat proud and assertive in front of me.

"They are my favorite, and this place is great!" I smiled.

Cloud nodded amused at me I could see it in his vibrant eyes. "You like Tulips as well?" I guessed.

"I believe they have unique brilliant colors and are different from other flowers in shape," he agreed and my grin widened. "Why do you like Tulips?" He interrogated and pulled on the collar of his jacket my eyes followed the move.

"Dad always used to bring Tulips so I took interest in them," his eyes twinkled with merriment so blood burned my cheeks.

We remained speechless as the dinner was served. I did not eat or shall I say I could not eat, the mere thought of him surveying was nerve wrecking. Nor did I let my eyes meet his, but whenever I did he would smile, a smile that pulled only the sides of his lips however that smile did not reach his eyes.

"So," Cloud began, my attention pinned on him, well it wasn't like I had my attention divided. Who on earth can disregard his presence, his gaze that resembled hell fire!

"So?" I repeated and blinked as another severe wave of blush crept on my cheeks. 

"Tell me about yourself something that I should know?" Cloud demanded kindly. 

I attempted to smile. "You already know everything about me, it's you who is in the dark," I spoke and he chuckled which caused goose bumps prickle my skin. I looked down and played with my food with the fork.

"Um let's see," he nodded slightly. "Pretty much spoiled by parents back in school," I raised my eyes brows at this. "Now have my own business." he finished but an eerie feeling cloaked my being.

A look flashed in his eyes and I was certain this was not the complete truth about Cloud. Deep inside a voice knocked at the door of my head. Could it be he had a past?

"Seems interesting," I said and chewed on my food.

His old smile appeared on him and I felt as if he enjoyed my situation. "Why, isn't your life interesting?"

I shook my head, "It is, dad, mom my friends Saya and Damon what else can I ask for,"

"Nice and simple," he murmured almost to himself.

"Huh?"

"Nothing," Cloud dismissed the question by pouring himself a drink. Minutes leaped over the fence as we ate. I did not know what to say. I wanted to question him about why he agreed to marry me but I could not. Somehow I felt it was unwise to quiz tonight.

"Faith," he called. I knit my brows at him questioningly. "Main purpose of this is that I wanted to ask you something. You gave your answer to my parents," Cloud peeled off the parchment from his motives and I clamped my teeth in my bottom lip. "However I wanted to hear it from you, do you agree to marry me?" my throat went dry and breath hitched in lungs.

I blinked at him few times. "If I did not agree I wouldn't have been here," I gave him the answer Rosaline had given me yesterday and smiled. Cloud nodded at once restricted feelings wheezed in his eyes. He seemed uncertain. I was sure of it. Then again my nerves were a mess I could imagine it all together.

Was this really how he proposed to me? Sadness washed over me like gloomy clouds, still I remained composed. Never in my life had I imagined my proposal to be this fast and surreal. Was Cloud not content with this marriage? Did I commit a grave mistake? Will I regret to pair with him?

Despondency choked me and I sent a quick prayer to God for lending me enough strength to not welcome tears in my eyes. On purpose I glanced down at my watch. "It's late. I think we should go now. I have work tomorrow," I announced with a fake disappointment in ending the dinner.

"You are right," Cloud agreed and rose to leave.

I took a step but stopped dead, my heart clawed at my bust. Slowly, very slowly I rotate around and saw him. Cloud stared at me while his right hand grabbed my wrist. I looked at our hands than back at him.

He stepped forward his face calm and composed and looked in my eyes "Faith I know you gave your answer to my parents but I want to hear it from you," Cloud stressed on the last word. He then held my other hand and stepped another step forward that we stood a few inches from each other.

My body began to go numb and inside flattered. "Faith, will you marry me?" he whispered.

I wasn't able to talk, it felt like icy water had been cascaded on me. He peered at me, in my eyes, in my soul. His eyes waited for my respond. I wanted to say 'yes' but my voice betrayed me so I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded that's when for the first time since I met this man he smiled from his heart.

Cloud let go of my right hand that fell on my side, his gaze never left mine it was then I felt something cool slip in my finger. I broke our gazes and glanced down and saw it. "Cloud!" I managed to murmur. The ring it was unrivalled.

He leaned closer and I gulped. Cloud cupped my face in his large, rough hands. I wanted to lean in; the warmth that traveled from his hands pacified me. He then dropped a kiss on my forehead; few seconds passed by Cloud let his lips linger on my skin. "You are mine, and I won't let anyone come close to you," My chest heaved and tears swam in my eyes. Millions of thought scurried in my brain when he said those words.

I bit hard on my lip and flushed. I sniffed with eyes on the ring that sparkled like a star. My head snapped up when Cloud pulled away and laughed. His laugh was mellifluous, deep and manly. A laugh you knew you would want to hear for the eternity and never get bored of.

"Why are you laughing?" I voiced my thoughts in a small voice. Cloud sobered a bit but smirked.

"Did you really think I would not see the disappointment?" I blinked few times. He chuckled. "Did you really believe that I would not give my wife," I blushed for the hundredth time, "A ring for others to know she is..."he leaned in again, tilt his head on the side."Mine," I smiled and shook my head.

~*~*~

*Cloud*

A lopsided grin made its way on my lips when I recalled what accrued between us. Yes, I did enjoy Faith being an inch apart from me; I did savor the Lavender scent. Her downcast at my curt actions stirred the demon inside me. Her bright, wide eyes when I proposed ignited my being. Her innocence will be the death of me.

The traffic light blinked Orange and I slowed down the car. I glanced out of the window engrossed in the silence of my car. She had not vocalized a word when I dropped her off. I knew Faith was nervous from the unbalanced heartbeats that rang like a thunder in my head. Just like a typical fiancé I vowed to see her tomorrow, but this was far from being ordinary.

I cannot love her, our marriage, and its protection is just duty to me.

My thoughts were disturbed when my cell vibrated. "Speak," I spoke dryly not in spirit to be disrupted.

"Alex here," his tone was urgent.

"What is it?" I investigated and ran my free hand over my face.

"I am afraid Malcolm is here to go after Faith," my hand froze above my chin.

"He is here!" I growled.

"I just got the news a minute ago. Inform your family to look after her before he gets there to kill Faith," I flinched at his words and grit my teeth.

"Where is he right now?" I slammed my foot on the accelerator before the Orange light blinked green.

"He is within the boundaries along with his men," Alexander put the reality in words.

"Meet me by the borderline of the city in fifteen minutes," I told him and cut off the line.

__________________________________________

Damn a cliff hanger, I am sorry I had to but I will post within a week. Let me know what you think in your COMMENTS and don't forget to VOTE!

The dress Faith wore on her date.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 207 58
________________________________________ Assassins have always done their job in secret. Whether it be in the past or the future. So this means Shika...
8.5K 1.1K 46
Zoe lands in the walking city of Archigram for her last assassination as an apprentice. Her mission, kill a millennia-old immortal who founded the ci...
2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...
Hades By sarah

Teen Fiction

152K 4.1K 34
They say gut feelings are your guardian angels, Ella Thomas will soon find out that hers was leading her to something she could never imagine existed...