Arranged To Him #Wattys2017

Av bunniesinablanket

My parents arranged my marriage to him when I was four and he was six. I grew up thinking that I didn't want... Mer

One
Two
Three
A/N: Ladies in Waiting
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty: Part One
Twenty: Part Two
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four: Part One
Twenty Four: Part Two
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Bonus Chapter (Q&A)
Thirty Five
Thirty Six*
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight*
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four: Part One
Forty Four: Part Two
Forty Five
Forty Six
New Book!
Married to Him 2.0
New Profile!
New Book

Twenty Seven

13.8K 560 635
Av bunniesinablanket

My teacher gave me an extension for my bio test because I'm not ready to write it. She's letting me do it tomorrow. Being smart is fun.

KIWI IS MY SHIT FUCK YEAH BITCHES. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Eliana's POV

I was a bit ashamed of myself and what I had done. I wasn't normally someone who would do something as low as that. I mean, I wanted her to know that Harry was mine and my own, but not like that. 

I sighed as I plopped down on my bed. A knock on the door startled me as I clambered up to go and open it. Anne smiled at me as I opened the door.

"Oh," I smiled, "come on in."

"Thank you, dear." she replied and entered. I closed the door and turned to face her with furrowed eyebrows. She smiled at me.

"How are you liking your new lady in waiting?" she asked, "Peter seems to like her."

I scoffed, "funny you should ask."

"Why?"

"Yesterday, we were out by the lake, and she had the audacity to tell me that I didn't deserve Harry and that she was going to take him from me," I declared, throwing my hands up into the air.

"The nerve," she mumbled. 

"That's what I said." I scoffed. She rolled her eyes at the thought of Valentina and looked at me.

"I can have her removed if you please," she offered. I shook my head.

"No," I declined, "that'll make me look pathetic and she probably doesn't have a better place to go. I don't care how bad she is, I'm not just going to throw her out."

"You have a big heart, princess," she smiled. 

I nodded and it got silent. After a while, I noticed her mood change slightly.

 She seemed to look anxious because she wrung her hands a couple of times as she looked at me. 

"Reynold has passed away," she whispered. I gasped a bit and moved closer to her. I could sympathize with her plight; despite everything that he had done and attempted to do, he was still her husband regardless. I walked up to her and placed my arm on her hand in an attempt to reassure her that I was here for her. She seemed to understand what I wanted to say because she smiled weakly and looked down again.

"Should we tell Harry?" I asked. She nodded and grasped my hand in hers.

"He was his father," she replied, "we have to."

I nodded and I took her hand and began to lead her to Harry's bedroom. I decided that it would be better for us to go out through the hallway instead of going through the secret door. 

"Do you use that door," she asked me as we walked down the short  distance to his room.

"Sometimes," I blushed. She laughed and I shook my head as I raised my fist to knock. 

"Just a minute," his voice called. Laughter could be heard from inside the room, the sound that I soon identified to be Peter's.

But there was someone else's laughter too.

I looked at Anne who seemingly noticed the same thing as I but neither of us had time to question it because the door opened to reveal Harry. He smiled at us and opened the door wider. I peaked around him and what I saw made my stomach churn.

Valentina was seated on the ground with Peter and they were cuddled up reading a book. Anger flooded through me.

That's my job.

How could Harry allow this? He knows it's my job to read him books and teach him how to draw, and it's Harry's job to teach him how to do all the other manly things. I exhaled slowly, thankful for Anne's palm on my back.

"Why is she here," I whispered. Harry's face went from confusion to a smile when he looked back at Valentina and Peter.

What?

"Oh, Val?" he said. He even has a pet name for her now?

"She's just helping me watch Peter," he smiled, "she's actually not that bad. She apologized for her advancements and said she'd really like to get to know him so I figured why not?"

"Harry, you're a blithering idiot," Anne scolded. Harry and I both looked at the Queen to find her staring at him with an annoyed expression. My anger was justified and to know that my mother in law agreed with me, made me all the more righteous in my anger.

"Mum?" he said, "that's quite rude."

She shrugged, "it's the truth. You know very well that Eliana loves to read with Peter and yet you gave that task to her lady in waiting."

I kept my stoic gazed fixed on the ground. I wasn't as mad at Harry as I was with Valentina. She knew the game she was playing and she knew that she was playing it well.

"Ellie," he said apologetically, "I'm so sorry."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at him. My anger was blazing through me due to Valentina's stupid trick and when I looked behind Harry to find her smirking at me deviously, it only got worse. I could feel the anger, and jealousy building up inside of me again and I looked back at Harry to find him staring at me. His eyebrows were knotted and he looked apologetic but somehow, his expression had no effect on me.

"Your dad is dead," I blurted out viciously. I watched as his face turned from concern to remorse, but for some reason, I was too jealous and mad to care.

Stop, Eliana.

"We just thought to tell you," I shrugged, "not like you'd care though. You don't seem to be caring much about people lately."

What the hell was that?

His face showed confusion and hurt, but I was too hurt by my own actions and my ego was too big at the moment to apologize. I could feel tears brewing in my eyes as I looked at him and realized the cruelness of what I had just said.

"Next time," I said, glaring up at him, "why don't you invite her to tea as well? Or maybe, she can just replace me all together."

Eliana, shut up!

I didn't wait for his reply and took off for my room, shaking my head furiously in embarrassment. I heard his calls behind me and his footsteps following but I didn't bother waiting for him. As soon as I stepped in, I closed the door behind me. He pounded on the door with his fist as soon as he reached it.

"Eliana, open this door," he called. I pressed my back against it even more and closed my eyes and shook my head.

I was ashamed. 

Ashamed for what I said, and for the way I acted. This wasn't how my parents raised me. I was just as bad as Valentina.

"Ellie," he called again, "please open this door so I can give you a hug."

I pressed my mouth to my hand as the guilt of what I had just said flowed through me. His father just passed away for Christ's sake and here I was, getting mad at him just because he invited a lady in waiting in to take care of Peter while he handled his King affairs.

His persistence seemed to fade and after a while, I heard no sound from outside. Peeking my head out into the hallway, I saw that the only people in there were Peter and Anne. 

"Eliana," a voice called from inside my room. I squealed and turned around to find Harry standing there with his arms crossed. I looked behind him to find the secret door wide opened. I rolled my eyes.

Of course.

"Mind telling me what that was?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. I gave him a blank stare.

"Mind telling me what that was?" I retorted pointing to his room. He squinted at me.

"What? Valentina?" he scoffed, "she was just helping."

"That's besides the point," I said, "you know very well that she's attracted to you."

"She apologized."

"I'm sure she did."

"Why are you like this?" he groaned, rubbing his face with his hands. He closed his eyes and opened them before he gazed at me tiredly. 

I stood there, against the door. 

"What? Did you think I'd just sleep with her or something?" he asked, walking up to me and placing his hands on either side of my face. I suddenly felt a sliver a fear when I took in his expression.

He was mad. His green eyes were blazing with fury and his jaw was clenched as he gazed down at me. He held a stern expression and his entire aura radiated pure disappointment and irritation.

"Wouldn't be the first time," I seethed, pushing him away. His face transformed from a look of pure confusion to shock and hurt. I managed to keep my ground. 

This wasn't me talking; it was my insecurities. I wanted to tell him this, but for some reason, my mouth remained shut.

"That was ages ago," he defended, "you and I know, as well as everyone in this god damn castle, that I am in love with you. I'm crazy about you. Why can't you see that? I mean, I thought you could."

He shook his head sadly and turned to head back through the secret door. He slammed it behind him causing me to jump at the sound. I let out a shaky breath as I ran a hand through my hair. What was wrong with me? I wanted to tell him so bad, that I meant nothing of what I had said but I couldn't. All because my insecurities were awoken by Valentina. 

I needed to fix this. I made my way to the secret door and opened it and made my way through the passage. I wasn't about to let my relationship with my fiancee pay for something that a simple lady in waiting had threatened. I barged into his room with a speech ready in my mind only to halt in my tracks at the sight in front of me.

Harry and Valentina sat in the middle of the room, watching Peter play. They both had a look of pure adoration as they watched the little boy that I had very quickly become to regard as my own, playing with his imaginary dragons and swords. 

That was our thing.

Harry whispered something in her ear as a reaction to something Peter had done and she began to laugh. Tears brewed in my eyes when she placed a hand on her arm. 

This is exactly what I didn't want. Someone more prettier (you have to admit, Valentina is quite gorgeous) taking away my happily ever after, my dream, away from me. And I feared that it was happening right before my own eyes.

Harry smiled at her and slowly leaned towards her. He glanced in the direction that I was standing and caught my tearful gaze with a hard glare. He was about to move away from her before he hesitated, probably recalling my harsh words, and moved back towards her. He moved his hand towards hers while he kept my gaze and then turned it back around to face his attention on Peter.

Tears were flowing freely now. My insecurity had gotten the best of me and this was the result.

Anne suddenly barged into the room, papers in her hands.

"Harry, these are the details for the funeral arrangements for your father and- oh" she paused, noticing me, "hello my dear, are you feeling better."

I said nothing but continued to watch Harry and Peter with hurt tears flowing down my face. I was frustrated at my own insecurity, and my anger for getting the best of my emotions. None of this wouldn't have happened, if I had just shut up. Anne took notice and walked towards me.

"Honey," she whispered, "what happened? Why are you crying like this?"

At that question, Harry snapped his head back around and looked at me. His angered expression soon turned into that of guilt and regret as he pulled away from Valentina and clambered up to meet me. I took a step back, shaking my head while letting the tears flow. Peter stopped his playing and looked over at me.

"Ellie?" he said, frowning, "why are you sad?"

No words were said as I kept my eyes on Harry's.

His eyes held guilt.

Mine held pain.

He had realized this now. Only, now, I didn't want his comfort anymore.

So I took off. I ran down the hallways. I ran ignoring everybody's yells for me to stop and to wait. I ran down the stairs of the main foyer, and down through the hallways through the kitchens. 

I scurried through the doors of the kitchen and made my way outside, still running from Harry's voice that only seemed to grow closer. I spotted Bruno and the girls conversing by the gardens and said nothing but continued to run past them, holding my skirts above my ankles so I wouldn't trip and fall. 

I could hear every body's concern as I ran. I saw Philip and Louis looking at me as I passed the stables. They were grooming some of the horses.

"Louis," Harry called from behind me, "stop her, please!"

I looked back at Harry to find him in the gardens, at least 30 feet from me. I looked over at Louis, who had a horse by his side, holding its reigns. He looked at me and noticed my tears and was about to speak before I ran to him and all but ripped the reigns out of his hands.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed, "Princess-"

"Let me go," I said, "I just need to be with my thoughts for a while, Louis. Please."

I didn't wait for his response and instead managed to mount myself on the horse. I had no idea how to ride this thing and I looked back to find Harry running towards me.

"Squeeze the horse with your heels," Louis instructed. I looked down at him in surprise.

"Do it!" 

I did.

"Now, say go," he said, "when you want to stop, just say whoa."

I did as he said and the horse took off into the forest. I could hear Harry's calls for me to stop but I only willed the horse to go faster. 

I didn't want to see anyone right now. I was too ashamed of my insecurity and my anger and what had just happened. Not to mention confused that I needed some time to myself. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KIWI AND ONLY ANGEL ARE MY JAM. HOLY CRAPBALLS.

Anyways..... intense chappie huh?

Vote,

Comment

~S.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

14K 557 64
The world finds odd ways to put people together. For them, it was PR. ~ She walked along the shore, the humid air, feeling much colder next to the b...
18.2K 847 20
London, England - 1820 Princess Darya's sad and troubled childhood forced her into a dangerous situation. Escaping to London, she hoped her guardian...
5.2K 477 27
Everyone has a story. Some of those stories are happy and full of life, with the occasional bump in the road. Those are the ones you normally read ab...
50K 561 14
*Disclaimer* I started this in 2012, when I was 13 and Direction obsessed. It is now Jan. of 2017 and I'm almost 18. I'm completely redoing this sto...