Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

65. Turning soft.

33.5K 1.8K 516
By spaghetti000cheese

Elisa's P.O.V

I woke to feel soft touch on my cheek.

Sunlight filtered through the windows, falling directly on my eyes. I squinted and glanced around the room.

What was that soft touch on my cheek?

But there was nothing suspicious in my room. The curtains were blowing as soft breeze flowed in the room.

Why was my heart so calm?

For what felt like eternity, my sleep was actually completed without the interruption of  my nightmares.

But why today?

I shook my thoughts out of my mind and got ready for school.

It took more time than usual because of my injury. How am I gonna take my notes?

Before I left my room, I looked back to find anything that would tell something was different today than all days.

Like.... there was someone in my room.

Oh God! I'm being paranoid.

I quickly finished an apple and left home only to remember that no one was present here to drop me at school.

Neither Caroline nor Kate.

F*ck.

I called Caroline, "Hey Elisa, where are you? I'm already at school searching for you." She said.

"But... but I need you. There is no one here to pick me up." I said frantically.

"What! You said yourself that Kate would drop you today." She exclaimed.

"I know I did. But she's out on a vacation. I was way too tired to call you yesterday and totally forgot about it today." I explained to her.

I hate missing my classes.

"Do you want me to come back?" She asked me.

"No no! You stay there. I'll find a way--"

I screamed out loud as a bike stopped not even an inch from my feet.

"Are you out of your f*cking mind?" I yelled at Alec who was smiling gently at me.

Golden rays of sun glinted on his hair making them look more coppery and angled his face even more.

Damn his handsomeness.

"I know you need a ride. And here I am." He said smoothly.

"And who said I'm gonna accept your offer?" I said carefully crossing my arms.

"If you don't want to miss your classes then you would. And from what I gathered by looking at you through the lectures, you'd be restless to even miss one of them." He said and I exhaled angrily because he was damn right.

Maybe I should learn to drive.

Only if I could get past my fear of driving because of what happened to my...eh, earth parents.

And I could never get past it. Whenever I sat behind the wheel, that night would flash in front of my eyes and I'd have panic attacks.

"Elisa as much as I'd like you to stare at me, we're already late and I know you would not... much like my speed riding." He said and I came back to present.

I need to accept his offer or go by foot to school and miss my class.

"No rash driving... please?" I pleaded him.

It was the reason my parents lost their life.

"I won't okay. But you need to hop on now if you want us to reach in time." He said and I nooded my head.

I climbed on his bike and awkwardly kept my hands on his shoulder.

I watched in the side mirror to see that he closed his briefly and sighed with a small smile on his lips.

What is it with him today?

"Sleep well?" He asked after a while. He was driving relatively slow and I thanked God for that.

"Yes, why do you ask?" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

Was... he there in my room last night?

"Just making some conversation." He said.

"I'd rather we keep quiet." I said as the school came into our view.

Just talking to him makes my heart jump in my chest.

It makes me want to be in his arms, to be close to him, to touch him, to intervine our hands the way we used to, to kiss him...

No no... why are my thoughts straying away?

I'm not supposed to feel this things.

My heart should not long to forgive him.

"Elisa? We're here." He said snapping me out of my thoughts again.

I hopped down from the bike and turned to look at him, "Thanks... for the ride." I said and smiled a little at him.

"No problem." He said and I left him there without uttering another word.

I'm turning soft on him again.

Inadvertently, my heart is controlling my body again.

Lunch time, in the cafeteria.

"So what is wrong with your hand?" Caroline asked me as I slid down on my seat with my pastry.

I love my school only for one reason: they have the most awesome pastries in the world.

"The acid fell on my hand." I said.

"I told you to be careful. How are you taking your notes?" She asked me.

I'd rather not say anything about it.

He procured every notes from each class and gave it to me. He took down notes for me. Me

Oh God! I'm really turning mushy on him.

He'd sit beside me and write down everything the teacher uttered in vamp speed. That's why I was seating on last bench in every class.

And as much as I wanted to decline his generosity, I couldn't. He'd say that I could have them or he will simply throw them away.

How could I say 'no' to that?

"OMFG! Why in the f*cking hell is he coming towards our table? I so want to kill him. Why is he even here? I swear Elisa, I'm gonna burn him with my witchy powers." She said and I kept my eyes on my pastry.

Though I wondered why is he here in the lunch room?

I took fork in my left hand to devour my sweet delicious pastry, but before I could, it disappeared in a hand and I turned around.

I gasped.

How dare he eat my pastry?

"Mmm... it's really delicious." He said and I  jumped out of my seat.

"What are you doing here--"

My voice was cut off as I was pulled into a bear hug.

"I missed you too bff." William said and I pulled out.

"How dare you eat my pastry?" I screetched at him.

"I thought you would be happy to see me bff. And besides, it's only a pastry." He said smiling down at me.

"Why in the hell is he calling you a BFF?" Caroline screamed behind me.

Oh God!

"William go and bring me another pastry. Now!" I yelled at him and he put his hands up.

"As you wish, my lady." He bowed and left to bring me another one.

I turned back to Caroline to find her fuming, "Care... please don't do any of your witchy stuff on him." I tried to calm her down.

A plate was put in front of me that had my eyes shinning.

A large piece of black forest cake with two cherries on top of it glazed with brown sugar had my mouth watering.

"How did I not see this piece before?" I whispered.

"That's because Martha made it for you." Alec said and pulled a chair next to me.

Why are vampires suddenly interested in lunch room?

"I don't want it." I said with extreme difficulty that I knew was showing on my face.

I do want it. If maggi is love then pastry is life.

"Come on littleone, I'm just delivering it to you, Martha is the one who made it especially for you." He said but my gaze was still struck on the heaven in front of me.

William I'm so gonna kill you.

"Hey Elisa, I'm really sorry, but there are no more pasteries available... Honeyboo!" He suddenly exclaimed.

I know where to bury William's body.

"Get lost Will and for your own sake, stop calling me by that idiotic name." Alec said angrily.

What to do? To eat or not?

"I know you want to eat it Elisa. I'm not doing all this to gain your forgiveness, I'm doing it because I couldn't do it in the first place when I had the chance." He whispered in my ear.

I finally looked at his sincere face, "If you would have done all this in the first place, then I would have been the happiest girl in the world." I said and his eyes turned sad.

"You could still be, if only you'd give me another chance." He said.

"Some things are not meant to be Alec." I said.

I finally decided to eat the pastry because again I couldn't say no!

Damn it!

"So Caroline, would you not ask me why am I here?" William asked.

"Dude f**k off! I don't give a damn as to why you're here. I don't understand why you can't get the meaning of word 'no'. Just stay the hell away from me!" Caroline replied fuming.

"Come on, I'm here for you and I intend to make you mine by the end of this year." He said.

"Oh really? Too bad you're going to be let down. Stay the hell away from me or else you would be a burning corpse for all eternity." She said and then left the table.

I was remotely paying attention to her because I was busy devouring my pastry.

I need to say thanks to Martha.

But then suddenly it clicked in place as I finished my last bite of pastry.

"William I hate you!" I yelled at him.

"Woah bff, what did I do?" He asked in confusion.

"Don't be so innocent, you're the one who helped Alec with his memories. I hate you for it." I screetched.

"I'll be forever grateful for that, William." Alec said beside me.

"Relax bff, if I'd knew what happened, I would've never helped him and it was an accident. I just asked where were you and boom, he's here today. I'm sorry." He explained and I sighed.

It was not his fault. He didn't even know Alec could do all those things to me.

Heck, even I didn't.

I looked at Alec to find him measuring my expression.

And again I'm letting myself fall in his trap.

I got up from the table without another glance at either of them and left the cafeteria.

But I forgot to say something to him.

I turned back and went to our table again.

"I've the evidence ready. Prepare your goodbyes Alec. Meet me tonight and begone forever after today." I said to him.

Finally the time has come to say goodbye.

And I don't want it to come at all.
***
Hey guys, sorry for late update.

Is it really the time to say goodbye?

Sorry for late updates.

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
2.5K 249 20
Ava's been running for years. Running from life, love and pain. It's all she can do to maintain her sanity after a horrible accident stole ten years...
1.8K 394 55
Unedited version. Heart ache, Love, Friendship and betrayal. Nadine lived a life with fantasy in her mind. She loved to read books and her life was g...
4.4K 1.2K 76
Isabelle's encounter a mysterious stranger, Isaac, sets off a chain of events that challenges their love and resilience. As Isabelle's troubled past...