Changed me

By SincerelyShomal

Time was standing annoyingly still and I think I may have forgotten how to properly breathe. "Panda you hav... More

Tame the mane
Are you a mute?
Can i have his kids?
I promise i'm stronger than you
Swoon
Green is your color sweetheart
I wouldn't hurt you
does that make me your daddy?
Don't make promises you can't keep. (Niles P.O.V)
I'm going to replace you
You are a terrible liar
What can happen in three weeks?
Liar you're glad it hurt
yellow latex dress
Not too shabby
Homecoming
What Are You Wearing?
Where do I stand?
Ketchup or Mayo?
Someone is on his period.
Hey Monkeys
Little Lady
It's a No Go
Sexy Thug
Losing Brain cells
Bromance
Give Me the Twinkie
That Blush on Your Cheek
Aria brings you shampoo?
Breathing is a Necessity
It's My Fault
Cocky Are We?
Rap God
Last Puppy Cake
I'm Vegan
Blood On Your Costume
Plain Blue Doors
Beautiful People
You're a Distraction
The Same
I am Sorry
Nightmares
My Story
Did He Apologize?
Story Update!
Author's Update

Kiss me Please

6.1K 317 22
By SincerelyShomal

Author's Note: Hi guys we are getting so close to the end of this story! I hope you all enjoy these update and please please vote and comment. I love reading your comments!

Nile:

After getting Aria back to the house undetected I made my way back to the shed. Manny dropped us off here early in the morning. Honestly I was surprised we got here in one piece her eyes drifted close more than once. Uncle Mike was staying at a hotel near by so he was completely unaware of everything that was going on. He did not see us leave this morning or anything like that. The idea of telling Uncle Mike everything that was happening between Darren and I gave me nothing but anxiety, the kind of anxiety that made your heart race and stomach churn. Lying back on the small cot in the shed that was my room I thought about different ways to tell him. I thought about the fact that Jacob was coming today. I don't even know how that is going to go. The last time I saw my brother was before puberty hit and before life took a turn for the insane. I was just waiting for Darren to leave before I head back to Manny's. I knew Lila wouldn't lay a hand on Aria and Darren wouldn't be home until later. I promised myself that I would be back before he was home just incase he was still angry. I would rather him take out his anger on me than Aria.

Hearing the slamming of the front door brought me out of my thoughts. The sense of relief flooded my body; I thought he would never leave. Honestly, Darren was not always like this. Sometimes I wondered how did that switch happen so quickly. He was one of the greatest dads when he acted like one. Now, I don't even know who that man is and I really don't want to. I just want out. I want a life where my body wasn't someone's punching bag, a life that did not feel like I was someone whose mere existence made people angry. These were the thoughts that filled my mind, the thoughts that I would never voice to someone because it made me weak. I wanted completely out. However, then I think about Aria, I can't leave her in this situation especially since he hit her. I could feel my blood boiling simply at the thought of last night again. Darren usually sat in his car for sometime before finally pulling off. As soon as the car was gone, I grabbed my toiletries and went to the house. The door was unlocked like it always was when Darren left. I needed a shower and to brush my teeth before I left.

"Nile." Lila's voice stopped me in my tracks. Normally when I came in she didn't speak to me. She would not even make eye contact with me. Although she knew I was in the house, she did not acknowledge my presence. I was okay with that though because at least she was letting me come in the house. Darren did not like me being in here and I know she was risking a lot by letting me in. "Can you watch Aria today?" She sounded different than I have ever heard her before. Lila has only spoken to me a few times before and normally her tone was very condescending or cold. Today she sounded vulnerable. Her voice was shaky and uncomfortable. Was she scared? It was unusual for her.

"Uh sure." I answered quickly because this was the first time she has ever asked me to do anything. It was unusual for Lila to want to anything. Darren made sure she was happy to hearts content. I don't know how one could be happy with a man like him, but I guess what they say is true: love is blind.

"Okay." was her simple and curt response. Leaving the living room I ran upstairs to tell Aria to get ready for the day. At least now I wouldn't have to feel bad about leaving her here while I was at Manny's.

"Little lady! Get dressed." I yelled down the hall as I made my way to her room. I swung the door open to reveal Aria sitting in front of the full body mirror on her closet door. On the top of it were wooden letters that read princess. I made those letters in my woodshop class at my old school. Aria went through this phase where she was obsessed with the idea of being a princess. Every time we talked she would ask me if she was a princess. I watched as she tugged at her raven hair and covered what I guess is the bruise on her cheek. I knew what she was doing and my heart hurt for her. "What are you doing kid?" I asked kneeling next to her.

"Trying to hide it." She replied softly as if it was the simplest thing in the world. All of the anger from last night flooded back into my body and I wanted nothing more than to rip Darren to shreds. "It's ugly. So that makes me ugly."

" You are not ugly." I said almost surprised at her reasoning. How in the world did she come to that conclusion? She only shook her head in response trying to make her hair fall in her face some more. "Look, that bruise is going to heal and nothing that you say or do will ever make you ugly because you are beautiful. Now get dressed so we can get out of here."

"Where are we going?"

"To Manny's house for the day."

"Yay!" She screamed moving from in front of the mirror and racing to her closet. I left her and rushed through getting ready. By the time I was done doing everything I needed and changing my clothes Lila was gone and Aria was waiting on the porch. She had her hood on her head and jeans on. A frown was etched on her face and I knew she was thinking about what happened. I recognized that face because it was mine for a while after the first time he hit me. This was not supposed to happen to her. I should have been here. I should have been home, but instead I was on a stupid date. I can't do that anymore. I need to make sure she's okay. I am her big brother. I am supposed to be the one to step up and protect her if my dad won't.

Grabbing my hand Aria started to tug on my arm. "Lets go." She said pulling me in the direction of Manny's house. I complied and let her drag me only. She spoke about school and her friends the entire ten-minute walk and I was just happy to be able to take her mind off of things. I wanted her to be a kid.

"And stupid Susie thinks that I stole her friends. Its not my fault that they like me better than her." Aria said rolling her eyes. Who is this kid? Haha. She continued to hammer on about the "drama" she had at school. Apparently there was a big problem between Aria and this Susie person. I nodded along to show her I was listening. We continued to walk along like this the entire time.

"Is this her house?" Aria asked about yet another house. We were about three houses away from Manny's. I could see the giant oak door. Aria continued to ask about the houses until I could finally nod when we were in front of the door. Letting go of my hand she ran up the stairs and rang the doorbell. For some reason my feet kept me glued to the spot I was standing in. I watched my sister bounce on the balls of her feet as she waited for someone to open the door. As her hand got ready to push the doorbell again. However, the door swinging open interrupted her.

"Hey Aria!" Manny's voices chirped from the door. I couldn't see her yet because she at the side of the door. Aria raced in and wrapped her arms around Manny's waist. I could finally see Manny. In her hand she held Lizzie who was pulling at her hair. However, nothing mattered but the girl who was currently hugging my sister. The girl who has the power to distract me from the craziness that is my life, but what if I'm not meant to forget? What if this is just the hand that I have been dealt and she is nothing but an undeserved distraction?

"Hey! Hurry up and come inside please!" She said. The irritation was evident in her voice. She had that tone that said "don't piss me off more than I already am." So instead of teasing the dragon I decided to follow her inside.

"Kiss me please."

"Aren't you demanding?" that was my response to her statement.

"Yes. Yes I am." She responded reaching up on her tiptoes. Meeting her half way I closed the gap between us and brushed my lips against her. The sensation of her lips on mine never got old to me. I pulled her closer to me deepening the kiss some more. Manny moaned into my kiss giving me more access. Not wanting to be forgotten Lizzie smacked the top of my head pulling me out of the kiss and drawing my focus to her. Staring at me she giggled reaching for me to hold her.

"Please take her. She doesn't want to be put down and I don't know what they put in formula but this baby has some weight." She rambled off handing Lizzie to me. The little girl wrapped her arms around my neck and held on tightly. " I don't know how parents do it. You have to hold them, feed them and make sure they're alive. I can't keep something alive."

"Hey babe, how long have you been awake?"

"Too long and all I want is my bed. I want a cup of coffee the size of my head." Just as she was about to continue Eli and Aria ran screaming their heads off. They ran around the couch followed by Cookie who was barking happily. Their octaves were too high for it to not even be noon yet. Putting Lizzie in the playpen and leaving her with her pacifier I grabbed Manny's hand and took her to the kitchen. Her face was lacking its normal brightness and she looked tired. "By the time I got back her from dropping you guys off the Monroe's were pulling up. So I never got to go back to sleep."

Grabbing coffee from the pot and pouring a ungodly amount of sugar and cream in it, I pushed it towards Manny. She drank the liquid as if it was her last lifeline. I promise I saw her eyes roll back in her head.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.5K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
11.3K 441 38
"So, let me get this straight," I looked at him weirdly, raising my hands slightly in exclamation. "You like me?!" I asked him in disbelief. "Like or...
2.7K 246 33
The average human being spends every second of his day fighting against the force of nature to see another day. But I'm different. I'm not afraid of...
28.3K 781 33
"As much as l want to show you off and tell everyone to keep 10 meters distance from you because you are mine l won't do that until l earn your trust...