Hunted (A Twilight Fanfic)

Por oxfordugirl

My name is Chloe Dune and I was Bella Swan’s best friend. I lived beside her in Forks until I was 7, then my... Más

Hunted (A Twilight Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 17

9.5K 248 27
Por oxfordugirl

     I stumbled up the steps as I heard Bella and Charlie pull into the drive way. I heard them open the front door as I fell into my room, kicking the door closed. I sank to the floor, a half empty bottle of vodka in one hand and my phone in the other. I heard them talking down stairs but I didn’t move, I just stared at Jake’s name. I tried not to think about him and just focus on finishing my history paper, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t stop thinking about him and knowing that he still loved Bella kept eating away at me until I grabbed the liquor, just trying to dull the pain. It shouldn’t hurt this much but it did. I was drawn to him as much as he was drawn to me, maybe even more. My eyes slide closed, I kept seeing the hurt look on his face, the look that I had put there. Maybe I wasn’t doing the right thing; maybe staying away wasn’t the best thing for me, or him. I pressed the cold bottle to my lips and took a swallow. I knew I would pay for this tomorrow, but right now I didn’t want to feel anything.

     I pealed my eyes open the next morning, only vaguely remembering why I was on the floor. But my pounding head quickly reminded me. I sat up slowly and glanced at the clock. 20 minutes until I had to leave for school. Being hung over is not the best way to start the last week of school. I carefully stood up and changed, keeping the light off to try and not make my headache worse. I walked down stairs 19 minutes later, Charlie had already left for work and Bella was cleaning up from breakfast.

     “There you are,” Bella said as she walked out of the kitchen. There was a cast on her hand. “Is everything ok? You must have been asleep when we got back last night.”

     I forced a smile, “yeah, I wasn’t feeling very good."

     “Oh, do you want to stay home?”

      “No, I’ll be fine.” I picked up my books. “We better get going.” Bella watched me for a minute before nodding and following me outside. I shoved my dark sunglasses on and got in my car, wondering for a second why Edward wasn’t picking up Bella.

     “Family trip,” Bella said, as if she read my mind. I glanced over at her as I started the car. “Edward, Emmet, Jasper, and Carlisle went camping.”

     I nodded slowly as I pulled out of the drive way. According to Bella’s diary camping meant they were going hunting, and they didn’t use guns, they used their teeth. Bella was silent the rest of the way to school, she must miss Edward. I pulled into school and parked, feeling my heart race as I looked towards the other side of the parking lot. Jake was there, on his motorcycle. I got out of my car and forced myself not to run to him.

     “I’ll go see what he wants,” Bella said from beside me.

     I stared at him; his eyes were locked on me. “No, I’ll go.” I handed Bella my keys. “I’ll see you later.” I adjusted my sunglasses as I walked towards him, keeping my eyes locked with his; I stopped less than a foot from him.

     “Hi,” I said quietly, I could feel the other students staring at us.

     “What do you want Chloe?”

     I frowned, “what do you mean?”

      He sighed, “You texted me last night and said you needed to see me. Why? You made it clear yesterday you weren’t interested.”

      I stared at him blankly, last night? I was drunk, I didn’t remember texting him but I couldn’t say that. “Leah came to see me,” I said instead.

     “I know,” he said darkly. “She had no right getting involved.”

     I rolled my eyes, forcing myself not to wince with the movement. “We need to talk.”

      He glowered at me for a minute, and I glared back.

      “Fine,” he said, giving in. He handed me a helmet, “get on.”

     I shoved it on my head and hopped on the bike, wrapping my arms around him.

       30 minutes later he turned onto a dirt road and drove a few more miles into the woods before stopping.

     “Where are we?” I asked, stepping off the bike.

     “Somewhere no one will hear us talk.”

     I nodded, “good.” We glared at each other for a few minutes before I shoved him away.

     “Hey,” he snapped, “what was that for?”

     “You don’t know?” I demanded. “You’ve done nothing but lie to me since we met.”

     “I’ve done nothing but lie to you?” He spat back. “You lied to me, saying you didn’t remember what happened.”

     “I trusted you,” I yelled, my head pounding. “Why didn’t you tell me you share each other’s thoughts?”

       “Why haven’t you told Bella that the vampire was after her, not you?” He demanded.

      “This has nothing to do with Bella,” I spat.

      “But it does,” he yelled. “That’s what you’re really mad about. You’re mad that I told Bella and not you.” He sighed, “I was going to tell you but you pushed me away before I could.”

      “I was just trying to do the right thing.”

      “No, Chloe,” he stepped closer, “you were trying to do what was best for you. You didn’t even think about what I wanted.”

     “I didn’t have to, I knew what you wanted. You wanted a replacement for Bella.”

     He shoved his hands into his pockets, “yeah, at first I did.” He admitted, “and I’m not proud of that, but after I got to know you…”

      “Let me guess,” I said, interrupting him. “You realized how amazing I was and you forgot all about Bella.”

     He nodded, “something like that.”

      I rolled my eyes, “do you honestly expect me to believe that? You kissed Bella.”

     “I already explained that,” he ran his fingers through his hair. “I don’t want Bella,.”

     “Maybe not now, but you enjoyed kissing her, no matter what you say.”

      “Why won’t you just believe me?” He demanded.

      “Because I see that way you look at her, you love her Jake.” I rubbed my head; this was just making my headache worse. “Part of you will always love her, even if you know she will never feel that way about you.”

     “Chloe,” he took another step towards me, “Bella is nothing compared to you.”

     “You’re right, Bella plays with two guys’ emotions, and I only play with one.” I stepped away from him. “I think you should take me back to school.”

      “Chloe,” he closed the distance between us. “Can’t we talk about this?”

     “What is there to talk about?” I asked quietly.

     “I won’t let you walk out of my life,” he said just as quietly.

     “I’m going home soon, Jake. I don’t have a choice.”

     He brushed his hand across my cheek, I shivered. “You could come back, go to college here.”

     “Jake, this…we,” I couldn’t focus and it wasn’t because of my hang over.

     “Yeah,” he whispered as his hand moved to hair.

      “We can’t." I said

      “You talk too much,” he said before pulling my lips to his. I grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer. He slid his arm around me, jerking me closer until there was no room between us. My hands slid under his shirt onto his perfect abs and around to his back.

       My eyes snapped open as I pulled away slight. “Did you hear that?” I whispered.

     “Hear what?” he asked as he leaned closer.

     I stepped back. “I heard something, someone is watching us.”

     “Chloe, there’s no one where but us.”

      I looked around, “I know I heard something.

     “It might have been an animal,” he pulled me closer, “you’re safe. I promise.”

     “Of course she’s safe.” I turned around as Paul stepped out of the trees.

     “What are you doing here?” I demanded. “Did you follow us?”

     “Follow you?” He laughed, “why would I need to follow you when I knew exactly where you would be?”

     “How?” I looked from Jake to Paul and back. “Jake?”

     “Chloe, I’m so sorry.” He said quietly, avoiding my eyes.

      “Sorry? You told him we’d be here? How could you?” I stepped away from him.

     “He had too,” Paul said, walking over to us. “I helped him get you back; he bet I couldn’t do it. But you kissed, so I win.”

       “A bet?” I turned to Jake. “A bet? That’s all I was? A bet?” I slapped him. “You’re an ass Jacob Black.” I walked over to his motorcycle and got on, starting it. “I never want to see you again,” I seethed. “Never.” I jammed the helmet and sped down the dirt road, flinging mud at them.

       I spent the rest of the week trying not to think about Jake or how much I hated him. How could he do that to me? I know that I hurt him but what he did went beyond pay back. I pushed all thought of Jake out of my mind as I pulled a short black dress out of my closet and a pair of black heels. Graduation was today and I was not going to let Jake ruin it for me. I quickly got dressed, grabbed my shoes and purse and headed down stairs.

     “Ready?” Bella asked as soon as she saw me.

     “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

     She stared at me for a minute, “you look incredible.”

     I grinned, “thanks. It’s not too slutty?”

     Bella rolled her eyes, “its graduation, you can be a little slutty.”

     “Let’s go then,” Bella grinned and followed me to the car.

       I sat still, watching as my classmates walked across the stage and were given diplomas. One of those had my name on it. I stood with the rest of my row and walked towards the stage. I looked around as I waited to hear my name; I saw Charlie, Carlisle and Esme, Billy and Jake. I took a deep breath and looked away from him; he was here to see Bella, not me. Then I saw them, standing in the back. My parents, they came. I stared at them as I walked across the stage. My parents were here, together.

     The rest of graduation seemed to drag by; as soon as it ended I jumped out of my chair and ran towards the back, looking for my parents. I ran past Jake, not even slowing as he said my name.

     “Mom, dad,” I ran to them.

      “Chloe,” my mom pulled me into a hug. “We are so proud of you.”

     “I can’t believe you are here,” I looked between them, “together.”

     My dad smiled, “we’ve been doing a lot of talking the past few months and we’re working things out.”

     “You’re not getting a divorce?” I asked.

     My mom shook her head, “no.” I pulled them both into a hug.

     “We’re having a party, can you come?”

     “I wish we could sweetheart, but you mother and I have to get to the airport. But we have something for you.”  My mom handed me a small black box. “Open it.”

     I opened it and stared at the diamond stud earrings. “Wow, they’re beautiful. Thank you.”

      My parents pulled me into a hug. “We love you, Chloe.”

     “I love you too, I’ll be home soon.” I stood still and watched my parents walk out of the gym.

     “Chloe, come on,” Bella grabbed my arm. “We don’t want to be late for our own party.”

      “Right, let's go.”

A/N

Thank you so much for all the comments and votes!!!! It means so much to me! Thank you also to everyone how fanned me or added this story to you library!

I know that I said the graduation party would be this chapter but its actually the next chapter. Also, a picture of Chloe's dress will be in the next chapter.

Teaser for next chapter: Graduation party! Bella learns the truth and Jasper and Chloe have a moment

Thoughts on this chapter? What do you think is going to happen with Chloe and Jake?

Chapter 18 will be on Tuesday, or Monday if I get 10 comments and 10 votes!

Remember to vote and comment!!

Next chapter will be dedicated to whoever comments first!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

11K 313 23
My name is Isabella Swan. I'm 18 years old. I live in Forks, Washington. My ex-boyfriend and Vampire Edward Cullen have been away for 9 months. I no...
77.3K 1.7K 74
Attachments are bad, or they were until I was sent to a foster family in Forks. The Blacks wanted to take me in, not just to a family but to an insan...
252K 4K 14
Abigail thought she would have a normal life, well as normal as a vampire life could be but that all changed when her when family moved to forks once...
72.3K 1.3K 48
Alexis didn't have the best home life after a snake attack in the woods left her almost dead she was found by the Cullens. After they changed her she...