Hatsukoi (Tsukishima x Reader)

By Rainbend

(Name) is Ukai Keishin's younger sister, the coach of Karasuno's Boys' Volleyball Team. Just like her brother... More

Hello!
Ukai (name)
String Bean
Golden Week Training
Battle at the Garbage Dump
Operation: Revenge of Munchkin
Carrothead-kun and His Gang
Sports Festival Day
The Phantom Player
GO! GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO DATEKO!!
A/N
Not-So-Heartless Tsukishima
"You should have come to Shiratorizawa"
Childhood Reunion
Study Date?
Nekoma's Lion
JI-CHAN!!!
I Have Feelings For String Bean??!!
Summer Festival
Promises
A/N
Jelly Tsukkisaurus
Instagram
Illusionary Hero
A New Love Rival?
Back Off, String Bean is Mine!
Shopping Date or Disaster?
A Volleyball Reunion
Hatsukoi
Thank You!
New Story
Q&A
Please read this.
A/N: Reopening My Old IG Acc
Available in Portuguese!

Trash King of Aoba Johsai

48.3K 1.3K 4.9K
By Rainbend

(Based off Season 1 Episode 22 and 24)

Part 1: Chapter 10 

You looked at the disc in your hand before inserting into your laptop, the match between Aoba Johsai and another school staring back at you and your brother from the screen. Keishin and you watched with focused eyes, taking in every details about the school that Karasuno was going to face tomorrow.

After all the matches were over, you removed the earpiece from your ear before glancing to your brother with worried looks, Keishin mirroring you.

"Nii-chan..." You muttered, not knowing how to go on.

"Yea." Keishin replied, his tone serious.

This was bad news. You knew that Aoba Johsai volleyball team was the second best in the prefecture after Shiratorizawa, but you wasn't expecting the level that they were playing at. Karasuno had improved a lot over the years, but compared to Aoba Johsai, you guys look like baby crows next to them.

Over the years you had come to know Oikawa and Iwazumi, you knew that at the back of your head that they were good. However, to your surprise, they have improved over the years when you were in Russia. You were proud of them, but now that you are facing them tomorrow, you wished that they were not as good as they were.

It's not that you don't believe in your team, but the stakes of winning is very slim. However, you are going to keep working hard for your team. After all, they have worked so hard to come this far and you can't give up on them now. They need you.

However, deep down, you have a feeling that something bad was going to happen tomorrow. Two setters and one old time rivalry.

Oikawa and Kageyama.

***

You were watching the boys do their warm-ups when you heard a familiar voice, gaining your attention.

"(nickname)-chan! Hello!"

"Will you shut up? You're being a public nuisance. There's not need for shouting, (nickname)-chan can hear you perfectly well. She's not deaf."

A smile settled onto your face as you watched Iwazumi reprimand Oikawa like he always does, the familiarity of those two calming you down a bit.

"That's right Shittykawa. I have perfect hearing, so there's not need for you to shout. And hello to you too, Hajime-kun." You gave Iwazumi a smile, ignoring Oikawa who was pouting.

"Hello to you, (nickname)-chan." Iwazumi politely replied, a small smile on his face.

"Mean. So mean, (nickname)-chan. I greeted you first, yet you ignored me and not Iwa-chan." Oikawa muttered, a hurt look on his face.

You rolled your eyes, used to Oikawa acting like a baby. "Grow up, Trashykawa. You're already in third year, please act like your age. Hajime-kun can't always be there to babysit you."

"Stop calling me those names!"

Iwaizumi ignored his partner as he faced you. "I wish you all the best in the match. However, Shittykawa and I wouldn't go easy on you just because we are old friends."

You smirked in return. "Don't worry. I think you should be worry more about the fact that we will trash you on court."

"Why you!"

You and Iwaizumi went head to head, eyes narrowed at one another as you seized each other up. You and Iwaizumi might be good friends, but that doesn't change the fact that when it comes to volleyball, the two of you are enemies.

"Oikawa! Iwaizumi! Get back here already!"

You heard the coach of Aoba Johsai calling your childhood friends back to the side of their court. You gave the duo one last smirk, flipping your hair as you walked away. "May the best man win."

With that, the match between Aoba Johsai and Karasuno officially started.

***

"Tsukishima, nice serve."

Your (e/c) eyes following the ball which was received nicely by Kunimi. Iwaizumi let out a "nice receive" as he and another player rushed forward to the net, ready for a spike. Close to the net, Oikawa's knees was bent, eyes focused on the ball that was spinning towards him and ready to set.

Thud!

In a blink of an eye, Oikawa set the ball up for Iwaizumi who spiked the ball flawlessly, breaking past Karasuno's block. The referee blew his whistle as the entire gym cheered loudly. Aoba Johsai just earned their first point.

Meanwhile, your teammates stood in shock, not moving an inch. They couldn't react fast enough to stop that spike.

You grit your teeth, your fists clenched as you glanced at Oikawa who gave your friends a prideful smirk, smugly saying. "Come on. I'll be doing the same thing again."

With his back turned to Karasuno's volleyball players, he mocked them. "We'll see if you can catch up with us."

You loved Oikawa to death, but sometimes you want to throw him out of the window due to his ego, always looking down on those inferior to him.

"Believe." Your brother said, his eyes not straying from the match before him. Keishin always knew what was going on in your mind and he always has the right words that you need to hear.

You nodded as you focused on the match once more. After all, the match had only just begun and it was still early to worry.

As the match kept going and the points kept climbing, you could see that Kageyama was getting frustrated with his ex senior to the point he did something that had you jumping onto your feet and screaming at the blueberry setter.

"WHAT THE EVERFLYING SHIT WAS THAT YOU BLUEBERRY IDIOT?!"

Everyone turned to you, shaking at your angry voice. Your entire form was shaking with anger as you try not to lash out at the first year setter. The reason of your anger was because just when you thought that Kageyama has a plan up his sleeves, he did the exact same dump shot that Oikawa did earlier on.

That was a huge risk, although it did earned Karasuno a point.

"Looks like someone is in trouble." Tsukishima snickered under his breath. Kageyama was literally shaking in fear.

"What you did just now was a huge risk! I expect this from string bean and not from you Kageyama. I'll let it slide since it got us a point. But if you pull off something like this again, I would not hesitate to use your head as a volleyball. Do you understand?!"

Kagayama nodded his head, his eyes widen in fear at his assistant coach's threat. He would like to keep his head attached to his neck.

Everyone shivered as you sat down on the bench, a murderous look on your face as Takeda and Keishin slowly moves away from you while Kiyoko patted you on the head, trying to calm you down. After all, a scary Ukai (name) is dangerous as the world might come to an end.

After your "little" outburst, the match continued. However, you could still see that the blue-haired setter was getting more desperate as his set ups kept getting blocked by the opposite team. Oikawa's smug looks was not helping Kageyama's situation. At this point, you were so close to setting Oikawa's perfect hair on fire.

After a few more rounds, your brother had no choice but to sub Suga in as the setter instead of Kageyama. You watched Kageyama's frustrated face as he realized that he was swapped with his senpai. You passed Kageyama a water bottle to hydrate himself as well as a towel. That was until Hinata stepped in and shouted, an unreadable look on his face.

"I said I'd be the one that defeats you! So, don't loose to anyone before that!"

Everybody looked at Hinata with surprised looks while Kageyama's eyes widen before he said, provoking the middle blocker. "The match isn't over yet, so I haven't lost."

You laughed as Yamaguchi hooked his arms under Hinata's armpit and dragged him back to the waiting area, muttering under his breath. "You're gonna get into trouble."

For a simpleton, Hinata sure knows to say the right words every time to cheer up those around him. You couldn't be more thankful for the ball of sunshine.

"Kageyama, make sure you take stock of things from outside the court, and use that time to calm down." Keishin instructed as Kageyama observed the sliver-haired setter interaction with his teammates.

You grinned as you saw the way how Suga greeted his teammates, encouraging them in his unique way. "Suga-chan might not be as good as you when it comes to volleyball, Kageyama. But there's something about him that makes him a trusty setter among his teammates. Watch and maybe you can learn something as well."

After Suga over take Kageyama as the setter, things were looking up for Karasuno. You let out a huge cheer as Tsukishima managed to deny Iwaizumi's spike. "THAT'S IT STRING BEAN! YOU'RE FINALLY PUTTING SOME EFFORT. HAH! IN YOUR FACE, HAJIME-KUN AND SHITTYKAWA!"

Iwaizumi and Oikawa turned to glare at you while you simply smirked back at them, tension filling the air. Tsukishima's ears turn red at your outburst, feeling firsthand embarrassment for you. "Tch. So noisy."

Suga slapped Tsukishima on the back and teased him with a huge smile on his face. "Hahaha! You shouldn't get embarrassed that your friend cheer for you, especially (name)-chan."

Ignoring the implication behind his senior's words, Tsukishima turned to look at you who was still having a glaring competition with the duo of Aoba Johsai. However the moment you made eye contact with the middle blocker, you gave him a huge splitting grin and waved your arms around like a manic. Tsukishima could see you mouthing the words "all the best" as his heart began to beat so loudly that he was certain everyone could hear it.

There was something about your smile that made him want to do his best for you. Dammit, what on earth is wrong with him.

***

"(name)-chan? What are you doing down there?"

You were hiding underneath the bench, quivering in fear as all eyes turned to you. Letting out a shaky laughter, you crawled out from your hiding spot as everyone waited for an explanation. You closed your eyes to try to calm down, but the moment the image of Kageyama's smile appeared in your mind again, your eyes snapped opened as you dove underneath the bench once more.

Takeda gave you a worried look as he gently coaxed you out from underneath the bench. Thank goodness they were having a break before the second set. You let out a whimper, refusing to come out as you continued to shiver like a leaf.

Everyone was puzzled by your action and no matter what they do, they couldn't seem to get you out from underneath the bench. That was until Daichi pushed Tsukishima forward who stumbled and nearly fall flat on his face. Tsukishima gave his captain an annoyed look as he raised a brow, not exactly sure what he should do.

"Bring her out from underneath there." Daichi whispered.

Irk marks appeared on his face as he bend down, his face coming level with yours. You refused to meet Tsukishima's face, knowing that he would tease you. Tsukishima let out a sigh, wondering what have gotten you spooked.

"What has gotten you all so scared? You're usually so loud and annoying."

You frowned at the middle blocker's bluntness before emerging from your hiding place. You dusted yourself as you looked at all your friends' curious/concern looks. You gave a sheepish look and replied, "Sorry. It's just that Kageyama's smile freak me out."

"..."

Everyone blinked at you blankly before bursting out into loud laughter, all eyes turning to them. Meanwhile, Kageyama's face burst in all shades of red. The setter looked embarrassed as you gave him a sheepish grin, slight sorry for putting Kageyama in this position.

"HAHAHAHA! (name)-CHAN IS SCARED OF KAGEYAMA'S SMILE?!" Tanaka laughed as Nishinoya clutched his stomach from laughing too much.

"Looks like the king scared away munchkin here." Tsukishima smirked at Kageyama who glared at him.

As everyone continued to laugh at the poor blueberry boy, you smiled as the tension among the boys slowly dissipated. This was what you wanted. You wanted the boys to be serious about the match, but also to have fun at the same time.

The scene before you reminded you of your old volleyball team back in Russia. You really miss those girls. Maybe you should call them up to ask how they are doing in Russia.

Soon, it was time to for the second set to start. You giggled to yourself as you watched Kageyama who was serving, that boy was practically shaking with excitement. He oddly remind you of an excited dog. You grin as Kageyama did a service ace, causing the entire gym to howl with excitement.

As Kagayama's reenter into the court boosting the team's morale, the points for Karasuno begun to climb. You laughed at your friends' behavior on court, glad that they were enjoying themselves. However, the moment the rotation happens and it was turn for Tsukishima to be on court with Kageyama, you began to grimace.

"Well, this is gonna be a disaster." You mumbled, your brother agreeing with you.

You see, the relationship between said pair was as bad as your relationship with the string bean, if not worst. Basically, Kageyama was the female version of you, only ten times worst.

"Why did it turn into Tsukishima versus Kageyama?!" Tanaka shouted with one of his infamous looks.

You gave a sigh as Tsukshima and Kageyama glanced at one another, tension crackling between them. Well, this was going to be fun. You gave Tsukishima an irritated look as you handed him his water bottle during a short break given to the players. The middle blocker raised an eyebrow, wondering what has he done this time.

"Honestly, can't you and Kageyama just cooperate with one another? For goodness sake, you guys are in the middle of a match. There's no time for your childish antics. Honestly, you two are worst than me and you string bean." You glared at the blonde who simply return a blank look.

Tsukishima took a sip of water before answering you. "Why should I listen to the king, let alone you?"

Yamaguchi held you back as you tried to aim a punch to the megane. "This is the reason why so many people doesn't get along with you, you asshat."

"Well, everyone except you. Oh. Could it be because you are in love with me?"

"Why you, string bean! Who the hell would fall in love with you except Yamaguchi here?"

"Eh?!"

"Gomen Yam-yam, I think you two look cute together."

Cue Yamaguchi bursting into a brilliant red.

All three of you heard a footstep and judging on the look on Tsukishima's face, it was none other than Kageyama. Kageyama looked tense and wary as he approached his teammate who has been harassing him since day one of high school.

"What?"

Kageyama glanced up at Tsukishima before looking down at his feet again. You looked at the setter in curiosity as his mind seemed to be waging a war. Could it be that the blueberry roll was trying his best to talk with string bean? Seeing the concentrated look on Kageyama's face, you can't help but 'awww'. Sometimes Kageyama was too cute.

The whistle blew as rest time was over. Before Tsukishima could return back to court, you grabbed on his wrist. Tsukishima glanced back at you with an annoyed look as you gave him a pointed look.

"Please. Just try to cooperate with Kageyama for once."

"Yea yea whatever." Tsukishima rolled his eyes as you released your hold on him, frowning at the middle blocker reply.

As the game continues on, you could see that Tsukishima was getting frustrated with Kageyama. You knew that it was because the set up done by Kageyama doesn't suit the string bean, him constantly not being able to spike comfortably. You bit your lips in worry, hoping that Kageyama would do something about it soon.

Keishin asked Takeda to request for a time out, having enough of Tsukishima and Kageyama. You turned to Kageyama who looked so downtrodden. You gave him a smile as you offered him a towel. "I know it's not easy cooperating with string bean here as he can really get on your nerves. Trust me, I have first hand experience in that. But he's your teammates and you're currently in an official match. Maybe you can put your hate for beanpole aside just for now?"

Kageyama took the towel from you as he replied, his eyebrows furrowed. "The thing is, I just don't know what to say to that idiot. Every time a word comes out from my mouth, it turns into an argument. What should I do, (name)-chan?"

You laughed at the lost look on Kageyama's face before answering. "Hahaha! When you're around string bean, it happens all the time. All that comes out of that mouth is trash. I swear that boy is a trash can-"

You stopped talking when you felt eyes glaring into your back. Knowing that it was Tsukishima, you refused to face him knowing that he was probably scowling. You ignored Tsukishima's glare and went on. "Tsukishima might not be an easy person to deal with. But, communication is key when it comes to string bean. Ask him what makes him what toss makes it comfortable for him to spike. And keep this in mind, not everyone is like Hinata."

Kageyama's eyes widen when he heard your words. You stood there with your hands behind your back, a smile on your face as you waited for Kageyama to let your words sink. After a while, the first year turned to you with a determine look and bowed 90 degrees. "Thank you for your help, (name)-chan!"

You laughed at your friend's way of saying thank you before slapping hard on the back. "You're welcome. Now, go! All the best!"

You watched as Kageyama approached Tsukishima, hoping that all will turn out well.

"Hey!"

Both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi turned to face Kageyama when he called out.

"How was that toss, damm it?"

You face palmed at the way how Kageyama asked Tsukishima about the toss earlier on. This was not what you meant when you told Kageyama to talk to string bean. But then again, this is Kageyama who we are talking about. All that he knows is volleyball while he lacks in other compartment. Well, this is going to be a disaster.

Or so you thought.

Yamaguchi, Tsukishima and Hinata gave Kageyama surprised looks before Tsukishima answered monotonously. "Why are you talking like Tanaka-san?"

Tsukishima faced Kageyama fully before continuing, his face set into an annoyed look. "It's like you're saying, 'Shut up, and hit this toss, you commoner," and it pisses me off."

"What?" Irk marks appearing on Kageyama's face.

"DAMMIT IT STRING BEAN! CAN'T YOU BE NICE FOR ONCE?!"

"What do you mean?" You and Suga looked at the setter in surprise, not expecting that at all. So did Tsukishima.

"I have my own way of doing things, so I'd rather you keep your tosses consistent."

Your mouth dropped open in wonder at Tsukishima's response as he ignored you, going on.

" You're not the only one thinking. 'The shape of the opponent's defense.' 'The best attacks I've been doing today.' We're all thinking about that. Even Hinata has started thinking enough to use normal quicks now, right? Though just barely."

"What'd do you mean by just that?! What do you mean 'just barely'?!"

"Now. Now..." Suga tried to calm Hinata down as he held the failing boy by his armpits.

"All right."

Once again, everyone stared at Kageyama's response in surprise. At this point your mind was reeling at trying to wrap whatever was on going around your head. What was going with this two? Have they been abducted by aliens and being replaced by aliens' Kageyama and Tsukishima? You are so confused!

"You're rather agreeable today. You feeling okay?"

"We're just going to have to try and find out."

With that Kageyama returned back to court as Tsukishima followed after him with a perplexed look on his face. You haven't seen such a look on his face before! You were beyond baffled. You turned to face Suga and said. "Is Kageyama okay? Has he been replaced by an alien? I haven't seen such a look on string bean's face before!"

Suga chuckled in reply. "Tsukishima's probably not used to people who face him head on, and he can't run from that."

You only nodded like a lost puppy as you shift your attention back to the court, hoping that this time around the pair wouldn't messed up. You looked at Kageyama who was ready to toss the ball to Tsukishima when he remembered what the middle blocker said. Keeping that in mind, Kageyama did a simple toss towards Tsukishima who did a feint, earning a point.

You gave a loud cheer along with your teammates. Finally, things were looking up to this two. The entire time, you were smiling as Kageyama and Tsukishima worked along side by side with ease. Hell, even Tsukishima was performing better than he did before. You watched with glee as Kageyama once again tossed the ball to Tsukishima who spiked it flawlessly.

You jumped onto your feet, eyes shining with pride at the two who for once put aside their differences. Who knew that they could work well together if they aren't fighting all the time. Nishinoya bounded after Tsukishima who glanced at the second year with surprise. Tanaka joined in, doing a weird ritual dance that involved fingers pinching.

"You piss me off, you know that?"

Kageyama turned to looked at Tsukishima with narrowed eyes as he vomited out a praise. "Kn-nife....Nuff....Nice."

You giggled as Tanaka hand chopped Kageyama on the head, saying. "Don't mess up that line Kageyama!"

You turned to both Kageyama and Tsukishima as you gave them both two thumbs up, a bright smile on your face. "Good job you two. I'm proud of you!"

Kageyama bowed once more as he shouted a thank you while Tsukishima turned to the side, his ears a bit red at the sight of your bright smile. However, his heart was singing at the fact he had made you smile.

***

You were on the edge of your seat as your eyes followed after the volleyball. Aoba Johsai is at match point with Karasuno being two points behind them. If Aoba Johsai gets this point, it means that they will win and going to the next round. Your hands grasped the benches tightly as Karasuno's boys tried to prevent Aoba Johsai from winning the last point.

Oikawa did a float serve which was saved by Daichi as Kageyama hit towards Asahi who spiked it, only to be blocked by Aoba Johsai's players. You could feel your friends' determination as they desperately keep the ball in the air so that they have more chances to score. As minutes passed, you became even more tensed as Karasuno kept fighting, not giving up.

Your (e/c) eyes followed as Hinata took off with speed towards the net. Kageyama stared at the ball, his mind calculating where he should tossed the ball from to Hinata. The setter ran to the back of the court as Hinata jumped with all his might, spiking the ball that Kageyama had set up for him.

You jumped to your feet, ready to cheer when your (e/c) eyes widen and saw what was about to happen. You opened your mouth to warn your friends, but the words were stuck in your throat. As Hinata spiked the ball, Aoba Johsai's players managed to block the ball.

You stood there frozen as you watched your friends scrambled after the ball, trying to save it before it touched the floor. However, your ears were met with the sound of the ball coming in contact with the ground as Karasuno failed to save it.

You were too late.

The whistle blew as the score board was being flipped, changing Aoba Johsai's score from 32 to 33.

The gym interrupted into loud cheers as you watched your friends collapsed onto their knees, tears pricking at the corners of your eyes.

Karasuno had lost the inter-high prelims.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 21.2K 32
Tsukishima liked Yamaguchi while [Surname] liked Yachi. So when Yamaguchi and Yachi decided to go on a date, Tsukishima and [Surname] were forced to...
Tsuki-Dayo By -

Fanfiction

2.1M 81.9K 55
[Name] is a member of the Karasuno's Girls' Volleyballs team. Just like Hinata and many other volleyball players, she is passionate about volleyball...
717K 19.4K 45
-𝐤𝐞𝐢 𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐚 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -the bold granddaughter of ikkei ukai and sister of keishin ukai, y/n begins her first year at...
247K 6.4K 17
You and Tsukki were childhood friends, but when you moved away in grade school everything changed. Now you're back, and you're both attending Karasun...