Invincible // Superman

Geekasauruz tarafından

Silvia Stone was a vigilante with only one goal in mind, to give criminals a swift and painful death. As one... Daha Fazla

Information
Chapter One: The Man Of Steel
Chapter Two: Reaper
Chapter Three: Off The Hook
Chapter Four: Mild-Mannered
Chapter Five: Journalistic Integrity
Chapter Six: Crime Fighting For Dummies
Chapter Seven: On The Record
Chapter Eight: Hot-Headed
Chapter Nine: Sonset I
Chapter Ten: Sonset II
Chapter Eleven: Sonset Epilogue
Chapter Twelve: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter Thirteen: Black And Blue
Chapter Fourteen: Solar Powered
Chapter Fifteen: Welcome To The Planet
Chapter Sixteen: Frost Bite
Chapter Seventeen: Smoothies And Ice-Cream
Chapter Eighteen: Close Encounters
Chapter Nineteen: Crossfire
Chapter Twenty: Healing
Chapter Twenty-One: Overtime
Chapter Twenty-Two: Earth's Mightiest Mortal
Chapter Twenty-Three: Making Plans
Chapter Twenty-Five: Meet The Parents
Chapter Twenty-Six: Graveyard
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Mask
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Relapse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Night Life
Chapter Thirty: Heavy Metal
Chapter Thirty-One: Love Through Strife
Chapter Thirty-Two: Solitude
Chapter Thirty-Three: Smallville
Chapter Thirty-Four: Broken Mirror
Chapter Thirty-Five: Unjust
Chapter Thirty-Six: Terminated
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Time Left Forgotten
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Echoes of the past
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Son Of Wayne
Chapter Forty: Godfall
Chapter Forty-One: The Last Stand I
Chapter Forty-Two: The Last Stand II
Chapter Forty-Three: Parallel Lives
Chapter Forty-Four: Diana of Themyscira
Chapter Forty-Five: Odd Flowers for an Odd Girl
Chapter Forty-Six: Under the Same Roof
Chapter Forty-Seven: Titans Together
Chapter Forty-Eight: I Do
Chapter Forty-Nine: Doomsday
Chapter Fifty: The Death of Superman
Chapter Fifty-One: Funeral for a Friend
Chapter Fifty-Two: Memorial
Chapter Fifty-Three: Fallen Son
Chapter Fifty-four: Reign of the Supermen
Chapter Fifty-Five: Superboy
Chapter Fifty-Six: Renegade
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Second Coming
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A World Without Hope
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Foresaken Casket
Chapter Sixty: The Man of Tomorrow
The Invincible Collage
Final note

Chapter Twenty-Four: Strike

8.2K 374 238
Geekasauruz tarafından

In the bowling alley was a group of teenagers, two of them looking like they'd grown too much too soon. The others weren't so thin, at least one sporting some pre-growth spurt chub. Every one of them wore a hoodie pulled up over a baseball cap and jeans hung so low that their legs appeared shorter. They had just finished their fourth game.

On the other side of the building was a bunch of kids, all laughing and stuffing their faces with the food laid out in front of them. There was chips, burgers, and soda to feed the whole lot of them; including the two adults that sat with them.

"So, we're just waiting on Rea-" One of them started, halting instantly and glancing over at the kids. "I mean, we're still waiting on the scary chick?"

"The 'scary chick'?" The other laughed. "Smooth, Hal."

"What else am I suppose to call her? I don't know her name." Hal leaned back in his chair. "Speaking of which, have you ever seen what she looks like?"

The other man shook his head, running a hand through his jet black hair. He was only about 5'10 in height compared to Hal who was 6'2. He made sure to wear a shirt that showed off his well defined muscles though, something that the girl's in the vicinity appeared overjoyed about.

The same couldn't be said for Hal who was wearing a thick pilot's jacket that covered most of his size, with white fur around the collar, his last name on the breast and various patches littering the sleeves and chest.

"I have!" Billy suddenly answered, the kids beside him too distracted by the food to pay attention to the conversation.

"Wait, really?" Hal said curiously.

"Is she hot?" The other man spoke up, shuffling forward in his seat. "I've always had a feeling that she'd be hot."

Hal shook his head playfully. "Is that really all you want to know, Dick?"

Richard tapped his index finger against his chin, pretending like he was thinking it through before grinning. "Yeah, pretty much."

Billy's eyes glimmered mischievously and he shook his head of thick, dark hair. "I'm not telling! You'll have to wait and see." The boy apparently thought it was rather entertaining to watch them wonder who lay behind the terrifying mask.

Every single person that passed by them, no matter how old or which gender, would instantly invoke a reaction from the two men. Billy thought it was hilarious. The last was a waiter, a man with a lean build and scruffy red hair. They had both narrowed their eyes and tried to imagine him in the Reaper costume.

"Could be him?" Hal had said when he began walking in their direction.

"No way, Dude. Reaper's a girl!" Richard said positively despite the skeptical look he gave the man. "She has boobs... Have you not noticed that she has boobs?"

"Well, the voice was more of a giveaway for me..." Hal said as the waiter finally turned off from their direction. "But I'm not surprised that's what you first noticed."

Richard had his usual smug expression plastered on his face, one that completely dropped at the next person that entered the building. A girl with long blonde hair and eyes like a crystal lake. For every ray of sunlight that weaved through those strands of gold, her skin got none - she was paler than even he was.

She wore a black tank top that was barely long enough to cover her stomach, and with every step she took it shifted up enough to reveal her hips. On top of this was a plaid, long sleeve shirt that remained unbuttoned and was worn like a jacket. Her hands were rested in her worn-out jean pockets, and her eyes flicked around the room like she was searching for someone.

Richard leaned forward to nudge Hal on the shoulder. "She's totally my type."

Hal rolled his eyes. "Everyone's your type."

Richard grinned but didn't look like he was going to argue against that. Although it wasn't entirely true he would never turn down a pretty girl.

As the woman started wandering through the bowling alley a few of the men turned to look at her, some completely obvious about it and others trying to do it discreetly.

"Ain't that cute." Richard started. "They think they have a chance while I'm here."

"Dick, why are you such a dick?" Hal said, smile widening on his face. "We're suppose to be here for Billy, not picking up random chicks."

"Can't I do both?"

Billy, who had been much more entertained by the conversation going on between the two men rather than his own classmates, stood up on his chair and waved both arms in the air to grab the girl's attention.

Hal and Richard seemed almost confused by this until the blonde girl started walking over to them. They exchanged a quick look but glanced back just as the girl arrived at their shared tables.

"You really came! I thought for sure that you'd change your mind!" Billy cheered.

"Don't get too excited, I almost did." She replied in a voice far too familiar and distinct to be mistaken. It was lower than most girls. It had the slightest rasp to it that made each harsh word sting just that little bit more, and if she were ever to say something even remotely sweet, it would surely sound more like an insult than a compliment.

Billy grinned at the looks on his friends faces and puffed his chest out. He was certainly going to be the cool kid in his group for the next week. "I never told you my name. I'm Billy."

"Of course you are." Silvia smirked. Billy sounded like a stereotypical little boy's name to her.

One of the men stood up and held out a hand. "I'm Hal."

"You don't look any different. I don't know how you get away with it." She said, taking his hand in hers and shaking it. The girl could tell that he was Green Lantern the second she saw him. "Silvia."

"Well you look nothing like I expected, so consider us both surprised."

"What were you expecting?"

"Scars, a missing eye, maybe a few gold teeth." Hal teased. "You know, something scary to go with the title."

"Oh I have scars, you're just never going to see them."

Hal's eyes lit up and he pulled the pilot's jacket higher onto his shoulders. "Yeah, it's definitely her."

The man beside Hal stood as well, still taller than Silvia but he didn't tower over her like the rest. "Good to finally meet the girl that broke my wrist." He said with a sly yet charming smile. "I'm Dick Grayson."

A snort sounded from Silvia and she swiftly covered her nose and mouth with her hand to try and hold in her laughter. Her eyes squinted then began to water before finally giggles bubbled passed her lips without her permission. This soon turned into hysterics.

The kids turned to look at her and she pointed at the man. "H-His name's..." she took a deep breath to try and get the word out but it was followed by another wave of chuckles. "D-Dick!"

The kids glanced over at the man in silence before, finally, erupting into laughter as well. Even Hal was finding it difficult to keep a straight face.

"Oh yeah, very original." Richard rolled his eyes. "Not like I didn't get that at school everyday of my teenage life."

Hal patted him on the back, still trying to suppress his amusement. "You can get her back when we start the game... That is, if you think you're up for it."

"She's going down." Richard grinned cockily.

"Is everyone here?" Billy asked, moving away from his friend group and over to the three adults.

"Actually there's still one more person I'm waiting on." Silvia said, eyes locked on the kids in the background to make sure they couldn't hear anything. "And I need to talk to you guys about it first."

"This should be good." Hal said, moving in closer just encase the kids decided to pay attention again.

"Well, the one I invited he... he isn't exactly like us. In fact, he's nothing like us which just adds to his appeal." Silvia sighed, eyes fixed on the entrance and expression darkening. "I just thought I should let you know that he doesn't know about me, or any of you for that matter, so if you mention anything to him I'll rip your spleens out."

Billy gulped, stepping back a little from the girl. "O-Okay, we promise... just please don't make that face anymore."

"Who is this guy exactly?" Hal asked, dimples straining in his cheeks as he looked at Richard. "Looks like you may not have a chance after all."

"There's always a chance." Richard said, winking in Silvia's direction.

Silvia would have threatened the sanctity of his genitals if Clark hadn't walked in the door at that precise moment. She nodded towards him and the three boys turned to get a good look at the last guest.

All of their mouths seemed to drop in unison. To anyone on the outside, like Silvia, it would have appeared like they were having a silent staring competition before the three boys fell into the laughter that was once directed towards Richard.

Silvia's brow furrowed. "What are you laughing at?"

"You seriously don't know?!" Hal said between gasps of air. "That's-" He didn't get to finish his sentence. Clark had silenced him with nothing more than a look. Hal froze. "I mean...uh... I already know Clark. He... He covered one of my test flights at Ferris Air. Yeah. Yeah."

"Really?..." Silvia's tone was drenched in suspicion. "I don't remember reading about tha-"

Richard shot over to Clark and said in a voice loud enough to interrupt Silvia. "Glad you're finally here, she's been talking about you for hours now."

Clark raised an eyebrow at Silvia as a massive blush covered her face. "I-I have not!"

That seemed to distract her from asking anymore questions.

"Clark, was it?" Richard pretended like he was meeting the reporter for the first time, unable to wipe the smirk from his lips. "I'm-"

Now it was his turn to be interrupted. "His name's Dick!" Silvia cackled, holding onto a nearby table and grasping onto her side as stitches began to form.

This time Hal broke. He couldn't stop laughing at the look on Clark's face... He obviously didn't think it was as funny as she did.

Richard shook his head light-heartedly, not appearing the slightest bit bothered by it. "Can we just start the game now so I can wipe that smile off her face?"

Billy jumped at the opportunity, rushing over to the monitor and typing up the names of his classmates. Hal did the same on the other alley, putting in stupid nicknames for the adults. It wouldn't be fair if they versed the kids so they were going to have a seperate game. Hal put his own name down as 'Top Gun', put Clark's down as 'Four-eyes', Silvia's as 'Terminator', and Dick's down as... well, Dick.

In the kids aisle they could hear them giggling and showing off for each other. Billy was way ahead of the rest and his classmates insisted that he was cheating. In the adult aisle Hal, Richard and Silvia were all powering ahead but Clark was so behind that his score was practically none existent.

Hal stood up to the line, a bowling ball in his hand and a playful smile on his face. "So, are you two together?" He asked but it looked like he was directing the question more at Clark. "Because if so she must have been really slumming it to get stuck with you."

Hal laughed at his own joke and rolled the ball for a strike. It seemed like he was going to get one too... but then Clark coughed and the ball changed directions altogether, ending up in the gutter.

"Wow that's too bad, Hal. I really thought you had that one." Clark said with an expression so kind that it started to look sly.

Hal crossed his arms but couldn't hide the smile that refused to rub off his face. "Yeah, you'd think this game was rigged... wouldn't you?"

With Hal out of the picture it was down to Richard and Silvia. They were neck to neck for the title of 'bowling champion', something Billy had come up with only moments ago. Richard got a Spare. Silvia got a Strike. That perfect aim was actually useful for something outside of shooting people.

The words 'Terminator wins' came up on the screen and Silvia fist pumped the air. Hal slipped Clark a twenty dollar bill, having lost a bet he'd placed on Richard to win.

"What was that about wiping the smile from my face?" Silvia taunted, smiling so widely at Richard that she almost looked as smug as he usually did.

"You got lucky." He huffed back.

"No such thing." Silvia sat next to Clark, beaming arrogantly at Richard the whole time. This didn't bother him, in fact it made her even more attractive though he wasn't about to mention that after seeing who she was dating.

The kids had just finished the pizza Clark had brought them when their parents started arriving to pick them up. Once they were all gone Hal turned to Billy and patted him on the shoulder. He knew it must have been hard for an orphan to watch his friends leave with their own families. He was staying in a foster home now but it still wasn't the same. "We'd better get going soon, alright bud?"

Billy nodded and Silvia gasped. That reminded her she was meant to be meeting with a new client tonight. Of course... She was the only one that could make three plans for the same night. The girl jumped out of her seat and swiftly gathered her belongings.

"Ahh... Is everything alright?" Hal asked.

"Wh-What? Oh yeah! Just peachy." Silvia said with an anxious break in her tone. "I just forgot something at home, that's all. I need to leave but thanks for the game."

Clark looked up at her suspiciously and Silvia, without even thinking, pecked him on the cheek before racing for the exit. She gave a half-hearted wave and with that she was gone.

The four men blinked at the the place she was standing just a minute ago... She must've been in a hurry.

Silence drenched the atmosphere until Clark knew Silvia was out of range to hear them speaking. He turned to the others, taking his glasses off briefly to rub his eyes. "I know you've probably got questions." He spoke, voice changing to something a little more natural. "But I'd appreciate it if you kept them to yourselves... and Dick, do the same with your eyes."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Richard lied through a grin. "I was just trying to figure out how you got someone like her."

"Dick's inappropriate staring aside, he's got a point. She doesn't really seem like your type." Hal added.

"This isn't something that I'm willing to discuss." Clark stated, pushing his glasses back onto the bridge of his nose. In an instant his eyes that were so impossibly bright that they almost glowed were muted by the thick lenses.

Billy's nose crinkled. "Why doesn't she know about you then? Are you going to tell her?"

"I plan to... I just have to find the right time."

"Wow, wait a second." Hal shook his hands in front of him as if it would make people listen more intently. "You're sure about that? I mean, that would give the impression that you're serious about being with her. I thought that maybe you were trying to get information out of her, or that this was just a fling."

"I had my reasons to begin with but now... I don't know. Either way I'm not Bruce, flings aren't exactly my thing." Clark said simply, leaning back in his chair with a heavy sigh. "Speaking of which, don't tell him about this. He already hates that she helps out from time to time, if he finds out I'm dating her he'll explode."

Richard shrugged. "Well, I don't want to be the one dealing with him if he finds out so you've got my word."

"Mine too." Hal said lowly. "But I'm still finding it hard to believe that you're dating Reaper... Just think what you're doing through, man. If you tell her there's no going back, and she's not exactly known to be forgiving."

Billy nodded his agreement as well but he wasn't going to tell anyone regardless, especially not Bruce. He had the displeasure of seeing him angry on two seperate occasions... it was terrifying. "She doesn't seem that bad to me..." Billy said childishly and Hal sighed.

"I know, kiddo."

"I'm sure Clark knows her better than any of us." Richard reached onto the table for his motorcycle helmet and flashed a smirk in the reporters direction. "Try not to blow it because I'm next in line."

—————————————

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

71.5K 1.4K 31
She wasn't just and ordinary girl. Her father was Superman, and she joins the Young Justice team with her best friends. Supergirl finds herself fight...
76.3K 2K 20
Nightwing Fanfic "You're a wanted killer who hasn't been captured. Why give yourself up now?" "I think it's time I started fighting the good fight, a...
71.9K 2.1K 36
A new vigilante moves to Gotham City looking for a fresh start. Breaking bones and breaking hearts will Perci Jackson find love once again or be alon...
93.8K 3.2K 52
"I love you, Dad... But having Superman as your father and living in his shadow is... hard... I can't ever live up to that..." The daughter of Super...