˗ˏˋAn Angel Lives in My Basem...

By Lazybrew

❝What would you do, If you saw an angel literally fall from the sky?❞ Bring him home! ʚ¡ɞ Rose Williams... More

An Angel Lives in my basement
Character💋List
chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Surprise
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
[T H E E N D]
[u p d a t e]

Chapter 15

1.8K 99 51
By Lazybrew

ʚ¡ɞ

Sweat drips down my back and my legs start straining, my body pushing itself to its limit. I realize a little too late that I might be lost when I reach towards a dark ally in an unknown part of the neighbourhood. I didn't stop to see where I was. My mind too occupied wanting to create as much distance as I could between myself and those Uli creatures.

I slow down my pace as I near a pole, my eyes roaming around frantically in search of something safe. I look back and don't see any shadow following me. I still walk up to the pole and press myself behind it. Taking a breather I try to slow my heart as it threatens to jump out of my chest. With shaking hands I dig out my phone and start scrolling my contact list.

I should really put Leo on speed dial.

I hit call and wait for him to pick up as my chest heaves rapidly and my strained muscles buckle up.

One ring..four ring..six ring..I bang my head on the pole with frustration and curse when he doesn't pick up. I remove the phone from my ears and press my shaking hands to my face and cry. I am scared to my bone in an unknown place being followed by giant shadow creatures from heaven and there is no one I can turn to for help. The hairs on the back of my neck rise making me alert. I wipe the tears and peek behind the pole. I cannot make out anything for few minutes but then I see the shadows rising from the ground and taking shapes. A gasp leaves me and I take off; start running to find another cover to make them loose my trail. I constantly keep looking back to see if I lost them. Which is why I don't see when a person steps out from the shadows of the dark ally walls and stands in front of me. I run straight into him, crashing into him like a car without breaks crashes into a wall; and it did feel like a wall only it wasn't and that is even more scary because this person seemed physically strong and I am not.

I had somehow run into the darkest corner of which ever place I am currently in and the lack of light prevented me from seeing the face of the person who now has a hold on me.  The Shadow creatures come closer and I desperately struggle to free myselfs from the man holding my arm but he suddenly presses me towards him placing a finger to my tampals and I am consumed by a shade of obsidian darkness
as I loose my consciousness.

••°•°•°•°•°•°••

My head starts pounding when I try to open my eyes, my conciseness returning to me. With some determination and energy I get my eyes to flutter open and find myself laying on a dirty floor in a dark place which I can only think of as what a dungeon would look like.

Panicking, I Scrabble to my feet forgetting about the pounding head and concentrating instead  on my pounding heart I try to run but the second I take a step forward I fall back down on my keens. A strained whimper escapes my lips as a sharp pain shoot up my left knee and my elbow gets scrapped. I look back to my fallen legs to see the reason of my fall and I see a thin thread of light circled around my right ankle. It glows and moves in the dark. I hesitantly reach for it but when I touch it it feel like I am grabbing at air. The thin strand is there visible to my eyes but my hands go right past it, as if it is a ghost thread. I hesitantly stand up again and try to move but it prevents me from going even a step further; again. I don't feel the weight of it on my skin but when I try to escape it bites into my skin like a real plastic thread that is tied to tightly. My body already feels drained but now my will is faltering too. My eyes start pouring salty water down my face as I claw at this magical thread but it feels like clawing at air and I start crying even more.

"It won't work" A soft yet rough voice calls from the shadows. I quickly turn around in search of its source while also looking for something that I could use as a weapon. A lean figure walks out from the deepest corner of the dungeon; coming and standing under the only spot where the light through the dusty window, high up on the wall filters out moon light. It takes me only a second to take in his appearance and know who my kidnapper is.

"Rezekiel" I breath his name out like a dying person breaths out his last word.

○□○●■●○□○●■●○□○

I open the door to my brother's room and step inside. The room is messy like I expected it to be now  that Mick staying in but what I didn't expected to see was the well kept bed. A bed which informed that it hadn't been slept in. I close the door and run downstairs towards mom's room. I knock twice and then let myself in. She is sitting on the edge of the bed clutching those damn divorce papers. I slowly reach her and sit down besides her, circling my arms around her shoulders. She leans into me and I hold her.

"He is not back is he" Her voice hitches when she asks about Mick. I don't say anything because I know she already has the answer to that question.

"He will be fine, he always is. The worst case scenario is that he is screwing four girls at the same time and is gonna get bitch slapped later on for that" I joke back to make her feel calm.

"Yeah he is like his father after all" she pulls back from me.

That took the wrong turn.

"Mom.." I don't continue because  I don't know how to help her or anyone. 

"I need to do this. If he wants it so-" she is shaking her head trying to explain but I don't let her and stand up.

"No..no mom. You are not doing this for dad or because he asked you to you are doing this...have to do this because you deserve better than this. He is the one who cheated on you and for that he is the one who should feel shame. You are so amazing mom" I kneel before her and take her hands. "There is not a scratch of imperfection in you so don't feel down by it. You are so strong and..and its him you are getting a divorce from not us..we will never leave you." She starts crying.

"She is right" Mick says from the door fram and we both turn to look at him. He imidiatly comes and sits next to mom hugging her. He than looks at me and says,"what you waiting for mouse join in" and I imidiatly circle my arms around them too. We three rock back and forth for a minute and then pull away. Mick hands her back the papers and gestures to me. Knowing what he is hinting on I get up and open the bedside drawer and bring her a pen. She looks at the paper one more time before taking the pen from my hands and signing it.

"There done! So...my friend has this really rich and handsome dad want me to hook you up?" Mick says and the room falls under dead silence for a minute and than mom bursts into laughter and we join in.

"Boy you should at least wait 6 months before pulling out that card" she smiles shaking her head and puts down the pen and paper.

"Omg do you know what this means mom?" I ask with mock surprise and she shakes her head no. I go to her wardrobe and give her a mischievous look.

"It means you are single...and..." I quickly browse through her stuff and bring out the old red skintight satin cocktail dress hiding behind her regular dresses and show it to her,"redy to show it off" I sing as Mom and Mick laugh.

"I agree with mouse you should wear this tomorrow to that fundraiser event that you are invited in" he encourages her but she starts refusing and take back the dress from my hands.

"Mom come on..its the right of passage mom. You have to wear this dress" I make a puppy face at her and she almost starts giving in.

"Darling no it..it has been 8 years since I last wore this dress. I doubt it would even fit me." She muses while running her hands on the delicate fabric.

"Only one way to find out" Mick says, snatching the dress from my hands and pushing it at mom. Reluctantly she takes it and admires it for a second before giving us the defeated look and mutteres fine.

Mick and I high five and then usher mom towards the bathroom to change. I than start ruffling Micks hair. After few moments mom finally steps out from the bathroom and I literally feel my jaw drop. She looks stunning and the dress still fits her like a second skin. She looks young and radiant, the deep blood red colour complimenting her skin and bringing out the gloden hue in her eyes. She awkwardly gestures at us to say something and the first thing that Mick does is whistle. I whip out my phone and start taking pics.
"You look hot mom. Damn why didn’t I get all your looks" I say as I take Pics of her from every angle. She blushes and looks at her reflection in the mirror. I see a spark light up in her eyes. I see them together smiling and I know that at least she and Mick, who is trying to find the right pair of heels for her; are gonna be fine even if I might not.

●•°•●•°•●•°•●•°•●

Back in my room I go through my wodrobe deciding on what to wear to school today befor I hop in the shower and I hear a knock on my door.
"Come in" I say and Place the black top near the jeans.
"Hey mouse" Mick says as he plummets to the bed. I open my dresser drawer and start choosing some accessories to pair with my outfit. The craving for normality intensifying daily.

"Where did you go last night? I even try calling you" he inquires and I shut the drawer losing interest in the silly girly task.
"At Sara's I..I couldn’t stay here any more because of you and.." I look at him through the reflection of the mirror. He nods his head and gets up. He runs his hand over his hairs.

"Yeah..I am sorry mouse i didn't mean to..I mean I tried.." I cut him off.
"No..its..its fine I get it and I am glad that you are here. I promise i'll pick up the call next time" I bite my lips as he comes in for a hug.
"Cool! So..you want a ride to school" he shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Nah...Sara is coming to pic me up and now go. I have to get ready" I push him playfully out of the door.

As soon as the door is closed I get inside the bathroom and stip my cloths off to get into the cold shower. The water completely soaks me and I finally allow myself to recall the horrifying encounter with the Angel Rezekiel.

"Rezekiel" his name although whispered echoes throughout the room bouncing of the walls. He smiles down at me. "Rose" he acknowledges me back. He is wearing the same outfit as last time. Faded dark jeans and a black hoodie.

"I am sorry for that but it was necessary precosion. You would not listen to me otherwise. But I promise you the bond will not hurt if you just stay still" he reassured  but that only pushed more on edge.

"Help! Anyone help me! Please!" I start screaming and the place echoes like a thunderstorm with my wails. Rezekiel calmly lets me scream my heart out waiting for me to give up so that he can continue again. After what feels like half and hour of screaming when I don't get any sign of aid from anyone I start looking for my phone cursing inwardly for why not trying that before. When my hands draw up empty I truly give up and slump down on the ground looking up at him leaning near a wall.

He shows me my phone that is in his possession and then shoves it back in his hoodie pocket giving me a are you done look.
"Sorry again but it had to be done I hope you understand." He talks like everything is normal and he is discussing what to order in a restaurant and I get pissed of. I have done a lot of things in my life but I have never done something so worst that I deserve to be treated like this. My life took on 180° turn but i still tried to make it work but this; being held down like an animal in a dungeon was not something I will ever tolerate.

"No! No I don't understand. You know what i don't understand any of this. What ever Arakh did is not my concern and I have no business with anything related to you super special beings. So let me go and I will forget about this whole thing never say a word to anyone and I will turn away Arakh the next time I see him. You can have him and Leo and that bloody sward that you guys are so sensitive about just leave me the HELL ALONE!" I yell the last part at him. I am panting with anger but he seems unaffected by my words. He puses himself off the wall and crouches down so that we are at same eye level.

"Believe me when i say I don’t want any harm done to you. Quite the opposite really, I am trying to save you" He says the last part with sincerity and I laugh in his face like a manic.

"Right" I wave my hands around gesturing towards myself and the place, "this is how you keep a person safe. Bounded in a dungeon" I spit at him but he doesn't retreat or get mad just smiles.

"I already saved you once when you were close to death" he says matter of factly and I am about to ask him what the fuck is he talking about but then I remember the car accident. I look at him with wide eyes.

"Yes I saved you" he says again but I feel angry.
"Save me! You were the reason I had that accident in the first place you were the one who came and stood in front of my car in the middle of the road...YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!" I yell again and this time I try to kick him with my free leg but he dodges it and stands back up.

"No it was not me. I came after the crash. I am the Angel of Protection I heal not Harm. I only bring justice to thoes who have wronged. You really need to listen to what I have to say" The desperation in his voice and the quality of hurt mixed with anger and determination in his eyes make me believe what he said.

I ponder over it for sometime and he patiently waits. Finally coming to a decision I look straight into his eyes.
"Fine I will listen to what you have to say willingly but on one condition" I square my shoulders and stand up.
"What?" He muses.
"Remove this bond" I demand.

•○°○•●•○°○•●

*Phew* this was a long chapter and yes yet another cliffhanger.  What can I say I love putting you on edge.
Want to know what happens next?  What did He have to say?
Who is responsible for the accident? 

Wait till next Friday😉
~N~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...
5.5M 166K 32
They had it all. The cars, money, girls, the houses. But the one thing money can't buy them, they can't get. Happiness. Here's the prestigious Gold...
4.6M 263K 48
"You know, you aren't like most girls I have met." "Is that a good thing?" "It depends, are you obsessed with shopping?" "That involves walking... so...
9.3K 1.1K 129
This story is my happy place; I do not plan on ever finishing it. It will go on and on like a soapie. Might break it up into volumes later. "Grab a b...