Refresh [Izaya X OC ff]

By HitsugayaYuki11

Ever since Azami disappeared on the last day of elementary school, the social-phobia Keiko had to survive by... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.5
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Epilogue (2)

Chapter 24

795 33 15
By HitsugayaYuki11

I had never felt this nervous before every time I hung out with Izaya. I had been walking around the room for about ten minutes, but I still couldn't keep my calm. Izaya would pick me at tomorrow's morning, which meant I had to sleep early.

But how can I get to sleep when I'm freaking nervous? Ugh, I covered my face with palms.

Suddenly, my right foot accidentally kicked something. I stopped roaming when I heard a loud sound in front of me. I didn't wear my glasses at that time so I had to look closer. It turned out I kicked Azami's box by accident and all the stuff inside it spilt out. I sighed as my hand reached for the clothes and books. When I held a small pink book, I froze to inspect it.

Azami's diary. Still got locked inside a small box covering the diary. I examined the small pink lock, wondering if I should search for the key or ignored it in order to respect her privacy. 

But something was strange. I sensed something odd for no reason. I had a feeling I must know what was inside the journal. I put the diary down. Instead of continued collecting the stuff, I searched through them, hoping to find a key. 

I didn't find any. I didn't have enough time to search more so I gave up and tidied the things again. 

"I'm sorry for kicking our box, Azami. And I'm sorry for thinking of opening your diary." I muttered.  

After putting everything inside the box, I jumped to the bed and hugged the pink bunny doll. Ever since I found it, I brought it to the bed and used it as my sleeping mate. Every time I looked at it, I got reminded by Azami.

I fell asleep minutes later. I was still nervous but I managed to sleep either way. But the mistake that I made was I forgot to set an alarm. Hence, when the morning came, I was still stuck in my dream. I began to wake up when I felt a gentle touch on my cheek.

The touch was travelled slowly to below, to the chin and then the neck. I opened my eyes instantly when the thumb rubbed the neck. I groaned.

"Morning, Keiko-chan!"

Recognising the voice, I sat up immediately. My jaw dropped in surprise, shocked to see someone that I didn't expect to see. "Izaya-kun?!"

"Didn't I promise to pick you up at morning? It seems you forgot our promise." He pouted. 

I threw him my doll in reflect. The fact that he burst into my room and woke me up like that made me flustered. Furthermore, I looked freaking messed up with this hair. Izaya was caught off guard as the doll hit him, but he quickly regained his composure. He smiled.

"Such a cute doll." He lifted the door. "Is it from Azami?"

I widened my eyes. "How do you know?" 

Izaya just gave me a mysterious smile. It wasn't surprising anymore that he could guess right. He offered the doll to me. "I should have brought a camera so I could take a photo of you." He sighed. I jolted out.

"Just get out from my room!" I pushed him. He laughed.

"Don't worry. You're still cute as ever." 

Argh! My face turned red. Why Izaya always said something that made my heart jumped? I climbed down from the bed and walked to the door. "Wait at downstairs!" I shouted at him before leaving the room and dashed to the bathroom which was beside my room. Mum and I had each bathroom so we wouldn't have to share. I didn't know if Izaya obeyed me or not but I didn't manage to see him leaving the room.

When I finished taking a quick shower, Izaya wasn't in the room anymore. I sighed in relief, afraid that he might have stayed and seen me naked inside this towel. I regretted not taking a time to choose my wardrobes.

But, hey, Izaya is my best friend. Why would I care about my appearance? I grabbed a black long-sleeved blouse, long black pants and a handbag. I went out from my room several minutes later.

Izaya was talking to my mum when I spotted them in the living room. They seemed to enjoy their time.

"I think we should go soon, Aunt." Izaya stood up from the couch and bowed politely to Mum.

"Be careful." After Mum gave me some pocket money, I left the house with Izaya.

I just realised that Izaya looked handsome with that black shirt and dark blue jeans. Oh, God, I needed to stop this hormone.

Walking on this trip reminded me when I first visited Azami's grave with Shizuo. Although it was my second visit, I still remember clearly the route.

Before we waited for the bus, we went to a florist.

I was thinking of buying Azami's favourite flower, but Izaya had bought it first.

"How do you manage to guess it right?" I spoke out when I saw the bouquet that he held. Izaya lifted his eyebrows.

"Azami loves white Lily."

"Doesn't everyone bring white Lilies to a funeral?" Izaya replied.

Ah, I just remembered that it's a common flower to bring to the funeral. Azami once complain of how such a beautiful flower was always associated with funerals even though it had a beautiful meaning.

"You don't buy flowers?"

"I guess I buy white Lily too," I answered.

Izaya started another conversation when I paid for the flower. "Keiko-chan, what's your favourite flower?"

"Hm? I like Lotus." I took the bouquet that were given after I gave the money.

"I thought you like Morning Glory. It suits with your name."

"Well, I like Morning Glory too. But I like Lotus more." Izaya and I walked out from the shop and headed to the bus stop not far from there. "What about you, Izaya?"

"Me?" Izaya smiled. "I like any flowers."

"But what's your favourite?"

"I don't have a favourite, Keiko-chan. I like everyone."

I had a feeling he talked about something rather than flowers. I decided to give up.

We arrived at the graveyard an hour later. The time I stood in front of Azami, I put the bouquet by the stone. I clapped my hand as I closed my eyes.

Azami, it's been a long time. I'm sorry if I can't visit you often. I'm here with Izaya-kun, Azami. Have I already told you about him? He's my best friend from middle school. Ah, I don't mean to forget you or anything.

I let out a small sigh.

Azami, Izaya is also my crush. I like Izaya-kun. But I don't want to lose him as my best friend.

The first thing I told her was about Izaya. I introduced him to her, telling that he was my middle school friend. I also thanked her for meeting me with Shizuo.

When I finished the prayer, I opened my eyes and discovered Izaya had waiting for me. He was quick.

"Done?" he smiled. I nodded.

"What did you say to Azami?" I grew curious. Izaya cocked his head.

"Just a simple introduction," he answered shortly. "Head back now?"

We headed back to the town around noon. It didn't take a long time to visit the grave surprisingly.

"What did you say to Azami about me?"

I turned my head from the window, drifting my attention away to Izaya.

"That you're my best friend."

"Nothing else?"

I stared at his playful expression. Was he trying to tease me? I squinted both of my eyes.

"It's too bad. I do think that you're special to me-"

"Izaya, stop it. It's cringy." I cut before he finished his corny sentence. My body shivered.

He laughed amusedly.

We stayed quiet for a while until Izaya made a new conversation. I faced him once again after seeing the view from the bus window.

"Do you think that you've been influenced by Azami?"

I moved my eyeballs to up, thinking. I wasn't sure if Azami influenced me. Well, she did influence me in my life aspect. I began to become more socialise because of her. And, she changed me for some reason.
"I think so," I answered in doubt.

"Then, how come you're not influenced by me?"

I frowned again.

"Azami can influence you, but how come I don't influence you? We've been together for five years yet our thinking is still different." Izaya continued.

What?

"I don't know? Maybe because we're just different?"

"Strange. I thought friends can influence people, especially long-term one."

I laughed. "What are you talking about?"

Suddenly, Izaya rested his head on my shoulder. I froze, didn't dare to move my muscle.

"It's too bad. I once thought you share the same interest as me." He muttered, closing his eyes.

I still don't understand what was he saying. I decided to not reply anything and looked on to outside view, letting Izaya weighed my shoulder for a time being until we arrived at the town.

Afterwards, we went to a restaurant for a lunch and headed back to our home. Izaya still hadn't explained what he meant. He even avoided the question by changing off the topic.

***

"Morning, Keiko!"

I turned around after heard a shout from behind. I lifted my hand a bit.

"Morning, Mikage." I greeted back.

It's been a long time since I last saw her thank to her business with Izaya. Mikage paced to me. Her steps were echoed throughout the corridor since it was still early so not many people had come.

"Keiko, there's something I should tell you about since you're my close friend and you're his best friend."

I was touched by her saying that I was her close friend. "Is it about Izaya?" I struck, but I guessed it was right. Mikage's face turned red.

"What's about him?" I continued.

"Can we not talk in here? It's embarrassing."

Huh? I never saw Mikage got this flustered. "Sure." Actually, she could have talked in that place. But I didn't want to force her.

God, I had a bad feeling about this. My heart had been beating rapidly. We went to the rooftop eventually since it was the only place that we would like to hang out with and no one was in there yet. 

I waited for her to speak but instead, she sighed heavily. She looked unhappy, though. 

Was there something wrong with her and Izaya? Their relationship looked fine to me.

"Keiko..."

"Hm?"

Mikage cleared her throat. She took a deep breath before letting it out. "I think I like Orihara, Keiko."

...

What?

At that time, my reaction went blank. I was too surprised to hear it.

***

Third P.O.V

It wasn't an introduction.

He didn't say anything at all to Azami. It's pointless. It's not like she heard it from the sky or what.

Izaya just watched his best friend praying to her former friend, sincerely delivering her message. He then turned his head to the grave where the name was craved on the stone with two bouquet of flowers lying beside it.

Izaya lifted off his lips edge. So this is where she lies down, he smirked.

Azami Tokugawa. Such a shame that she received a sad ending on her story life.

But it was her fault anyway. He couldn't do anything about it.

A/N : Another love triangle :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.3K 21
(COMPLETED!!! OMG I FINALLY FINISHED A STORY!!!) Izaya wakes up as a Neko one day and is very curious of the trouble he can make with his new body...
7.1K 147 12
(Y/n) has moved to Ikebukuro where she will meet two of the most powerful men of the city. What will happen? Read to find out! Sorry if I write somet...
16.2K 440 12
She was all alone. Left on the streets of Ikebukuro. Nobody knew her and nobody noticed her. And she was used to it. But one day her miserable but pe...
90K 3.3K 25
You met Izaya Orihara in college, and you have always been impressed by his intelligence and good looks. As a desperate attempt to stay together afte...