Be Together (Mob Psycho 100 F...

By xela1003

He is her only exception. "Since the manifestation of my ability, it slowly devours me, until the last of my... More

Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI

Chapter I

1.2K 29 0
By xela1003

Heavy footsteps hits the pavement, it's not his usual pace of walking but today he really feels terrible. Last time he checked he didn't caught himself a cold or fever. Yet he feels like his body gone limp, he's even catching his own breath. The weird feeling being drowned, but from what?

Gentle breeze caressed his cheeks, the calm wind of autum starts to danced the loosen leaves from their stems, as the branches sways goodbye from their lost bind. Some of the falling leaves passed his line of sight. Like the days that quickly pass in front of him, leaving him behind. He can't catch a grip on the raging flow of time. Time won't wait for him, he knew that, yet he feels like there's nothing for him to live for. Part of him thinks he's better being dead since that's what he feels like inside. But fate didn't allow him. He doesn't know why. He feels like there's an invisible force stoping him from his wants to disappear. Well he have no reason to end his life, yet he had not found the purpose in living either.

He release a sigh.

His frustrated that's one thing for sure.

Frustrated from trying to change himself over and over again. They say it's natural since he is at the peak of his adolescence stage. That teenager's curiosity from doing new things is natural. This is the phase where they start to found out what their talent and skills, enhancing for their future. Some starts following their dreams with each little steps they take. This is the time where they felt more the most, most passion, determination and even love. Everybody seems to found whatever they where looking for.

However in his case he's still searching. He is a troubled soul without a direct path, or is there even a path for him to walk through?

What is it that I want the most?

But do I have one in the first place?

Yes of course I have.

He abruptly stop from his steps and looked at the innocent blue sky. One of his habit everytime he was submerged from deep thoughts.

Even it's just a wishful thinking.

He let out a weary sigh and continued his walk on his way from school.

. . .

Lunchtime, he is striding his way up through the stairway to reach his favorite spot: the rooftop. He feels better spending his time all by himself, since he doesn't have a friend or any acquaintances to accompany him. Maybe it's better that way since he is too awkward to bear, besides nobody wants to be friend with him anyway.

When he finally reached the door, he twist the doorknob pushing the door open. Fresh open air welcome him. When he looked around his body gone stiff and his eyes got wide open. He didn't expect someone stays here earlier than him. And the girl seems oblivious to his presence since her back is facing him and earpiece are plugged from her ears. Seems like the girl is singing along whatever song she is listening.

When you high oh na na na
When you low oh na na na
Let me be your friend
Baby let me in
Tell you no lies oh na na na

Then she hummed from the beat.

Co'z I got you. . .

He slowly walk away from the girl trying to get on the other side of the rooftop where he could leave the girl alone doing what she wants to do and so he could eat his lunch alone.

But then he didn't notice the can he's about to step on since he keep watching the girl, too scared to be noticed. And that was his biggest mistake, when he finally land a step on top of the can, it was too late because the can produce a crushing sound loud enough to catch the girl's attention.

He looked at the can as he take a step back. His eyes went wide from disbelief and wonder at the same time. Like how couldn't he notice there was a can laying there. And how unfortunate for him to step on it at this very moment. Then he take a look at the girl that is now staring at him with complete confusion.

He is lost for the moment he looked upon her brown eyes, which reminds him of swirling melted chocolate. He is stuck on its sticky sweet aftertaste. Just like how he become adhere from staring at her. He is never a fan of chocolate, he almost forgotten what it taste like, since the last time he ate some was a long time ago. Yet here he is suddenly craved from what he thought a distant memory until it become a forgotten existence and just by the looked upon her eyes his childhood memories flashed inside his mind leaving a nostalgic feeling. The moment she blink he wake up from his daze of sweet wonderland.

He instantly bow his head from the embarrassment slowly creeping on his cheeks. Embarrassed from gawking at her unconsciously.

"I-I'm sorry if I disturbed you." He stuttered, since he wasn't used in talking to a girl.

"It's ok. I assumed your Kageyama our wallflower in class." She said in matter-of-factly tone. Now that she thinks about it this is the first time she encountered him alone. She knows nothing about him, except for those time when he is being called in recitation for math numerous time and he failed to answer miserably, which made her remember his name.

He just bobbed his head from agreement. His cheeks begun to tint darker than before. He didn't expect the girl will be one of his classmates, even more to recognize him. But he can't recognize her, until it came up to him like a splash of ice cold water the utter realization that he doesn't recognize any of his classmates in the first place.

"Um-" he didn't know what to say. So instead of trying he will do what he usually do. Apologies and turn around. Avoid every chance he have to socialize just like a coward.

"Sorry." He bowed and turned around. But then when his about to take a step, he was abruptly stop by the girl.

"Wait."

He was so sure he heard the tone of authority lingered in her voice which stopped him. He become anxious every passing second waiting for her next word. He felt his hands begun to tremble and he gulp a nonexistent lump within his throat.

"Jeez, is my presence too much for you. Aren't you here to eat your lunch?" He was taken a back from the sudden change of her mood. A second ago she sounds like she's an authority in command ready to give a deadly order, now she sounds like talking to a long time friend.

He nod his head for reply.

"Then sit wherever you want and eat. The place is too big for just the two of us. Or you can seat beside me if you want." She pat the space beside her a sign of invitation like a friend he never had in a very long period of time. She didn't think twice about the last thing she said. It seems that the boy is too timid, she expects it base on her observation he isolate himself from people. Beside there's a familiar aura she sensed around him ever since they become classmates this year. But she don't want to take the risk of using her ability on him, doing it might give her away, about her powers.

He is doubtful if he will take her offer, he doesn't want to appear like his taking advantage of the situation, besides they barely just met, even they were classmates, he wouldn't dare to seat beside her occupying some of her personal space, especially if they weren't friends or acquaintance.

"I think I'll take a seat there." Then he point the right side of the rooftop.

The girl only looked at him and slightly nod her head then proceed on eating her lunch. He walk away then take a seat on the side he pointed few meters away from the girl. Then he begun to unpack his lunch and eat quietly.

"Are you afraid of ghost?" The girl ask him which made him stop, his hands freeze leaving his food mid air between his chopsticks.

Her question made him contemplates for a good minutes, whether he will answer her the truth or not. Then he decide to answer her the truth besides he doesn't like lying to other people even there are times he was so straightforward it hurt other people.

"No." He keeps his posture still keeping himself cool since it's been a while when a girl trying to ignite a conversation with him even the question is quite weird in his opinion.

She nod her head from his answer. But she wants to know more about him. There's no denying about the familiarity she sense in him.

"Are ghost better companions than human?"

His head immediately turned left staring at the girl. He didn't quite understand what she meant by her question. What he expects from her is to justify why does something out of ordinary doesn't scare him. Does she believe those creatures exist, things can't be seen by normal human beings? Did she knew about his ability, that he is an esper?

"I mean, you seemed more terrified surrounded with humans, so I assumed they were better to be with. In your case." She casually takes another bite of her food.

"What do you mean?" He tilt his head a little showing his confusion, maybe a bit curious about her assumption, still his curiosity tangled within the uncertainty he is capable to express from his face.

"Ground have ears, rumours in short. It's been a topic for a while about the student who has psychic powers and the one who exorcise the pianist ghost in the music room."

Now that someone mention it from him, he didn't actually exorcise that ghost, he just happened to encounter it by chance, maybe? From what he remember he just helped him to look for the ghost's old composition notebook and burned it. Whatever is written inside remains a mystery from him. After that the ghost peacefully crossed the afterlife. He doesn't perform exorcism to demise it's existence.

"I think your talking to a wrong person."

"I'm sure your the right person Kageyama-kun. Since only those who encountered supernaturals are no longer feel the fear of the unknown. Besides you just proclaimed it with yourself from my first question. So I want to know, are ghosts better companions than human beings?" She said in serious tone. Trying to pressure the boy to answer her. She wants to see more of his reaction, curious of how his face look when he show some emotion other than apathetic demeanor.

No words were form inside his mind. He don't know what to say from her. He was speechless. But then he remember his experiences on exorcism and his time with dimple, it gave him the better idea to explain his situation.

"It's not that they were better, I think it's because ghosts sees me or gives me attention I rarely had with an actual person. Even though I don't want to be noticed by anybody actually, even ghosts." He wish that the girl is satisfied with his answer. Since he really want to eat quietly.

I see. She whispered inside her mind. And then her curiosity finally gets the better of her. She remained still as she concentrated. She decided to spoil her curiosity by using her ability. She knew it wouldn't be easy because he's not a normal person.

He continue to eat since the girl decide to remain quite. But then he feels something is off. When he glance at his left he caught the girl staring at him. He begun to feel uncomfortable from her gaze, like he is a specimen cautiously examined under her curious lenses within her brown orbs.

Then he notice she removes her earpiece without breaking her gaze from him. Now he wonder how can she hear him from the start if she's wearing an earpiece all along? Both of them just stare at each other waiting who will break first. For him it was one of the biggest challenge he done, keeping his eye contact without giving away his emotion from the girl. Terrified of the effects she starts giving him.

Until she makes a move and stand up from her place. He just watch her as she takes an urget steps from him like any minute he might fade away, like he is an image about to disappear when she avert her line of sight away from him. Then she kneel in front of him and cupping both of his cheeks in one swift motion. She didn't give him a time to process it all or even a chance to react and move an inch. But he is certain that this is the effect he feared before, he is completely paralyzed. She caught him, bind him under a spell of her mesmerizing eyes especially now that she is so close to him.

"Your thoughts? Why can't I hear them?"

And just like her, he is lost.

- - -

Sorry if reading this seems like having a rough ride. English is my second language so if my grammar is wrong, SORRY!! So if you think the story is too bad just tell me so I don't have to waste my time on it.

Disclaimer: Mob Psycho 100 belongs to One.

The reason of creating this fan fiction is I only want to do something whenever I have some free time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 301 48
"...what is it like, sensei?... " "𝙝𝙢𝙢? " "Love...the romantic feeling.. "The little girl with h/c hair asked again while looking down at the scen...
217K 15.9K 60
I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year old single man. Why you may ask? Because I...
305K 10K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
82.2K 3.1K 7
When it comes down to it, you could understand spirits more than the very humans around you. It's not their fault they don't know, they can't see. Yo...