My Southern Belle

By MariJiraM

Chloe Ellison 25 and is a second grade teacher from Texas. When she's not teaching her students 4×4, she ridi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Authors Note
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
Quick Authors Note
NEW BOOK!!!
AUTHORS NOTE ‼️‼️

78

27.3K 934 64
By MariJiraM

(Chloe's POV)

"Mama, I just don't understand. She's not working anymore so what could she be doing?" It was the weekend and since I didn't have to work, I decided to go over to my parents house with the boys. Something I hadn't done in a long time.

"She's probably just looking for a new job." My mama suggested

"No. She's not sleeping, barely eating, and is acting strange. Something's wrong and she doesn't want me to know about it."

"Maybe she's scared she'll lose you, again. Whatever she's doing, it sounds like she's working hard to keep you from finding out either for your safety or hers. Some things are better not known." My dad said.

"Well if it's anything like last time, then I would at least like to know. What about the boys?"

"Darling, everything will be okay. Val always has people on her side." My dad said hugging me

"I guess you're right. I'm going to head home and start dinner."

"Okay honey. Please don't worry yourself." My mama said before I walked out with Calvin following me with the twins.

Val didn't acknowledge me when I got home. She completely ignored me and was stuck in that computer. I didn't say anything and I just started dinner. When the twins started crying she didn't bother getting up and she completely pushed Carter away when he asked for help with his homework.

Whatever is taking up all of her time and attention these last few days better be important.

"Honey, dinner is ready." I said to Val

"Yeah yeah I'm coming. Matter of fact just put it in the microwave. I might not be able to eat with you guys right now."

"Excuse me?"

"I said just put it up for me." She said never taking her eyes off of her computer screen

"Valentine!"

"What Chloe?! Why are you bothering me when you see I'm busy?!"

"Because you've been ignoring your family all week and all I ask is for you to eat dinner with us but whatever the hell you're working on is obviously more important!"

"I never said that!"

"You haven't said much to me or our kids! What are you doing that's so important?!"

"I can't tell you, okay! Now just leave me alone! I told you I'm busy!"

I didn't say anything else. I just walked away and sat at the table with Carter and the twins.

"Mama are you okay? Your face is red." Carter asked

"Yeah sweetheart. I'm fine."

"Where's Mom?"

"She's doing some work. You should start eating so you can get ready for bed."

"Okay but do I have to eat this spinach?"

"Yes you do. Now eat before your dinner gets cold." Carter rolled his eyes and began eating.

After dinner I cleaned up and took a shower. I'm not sure what's going on with Val but she's not herself. And again I went to bed without Val.

(Val's POV)

I couldn't focus anymore. Chloe kept running through my mind and she was right. I didn't realize how much I let this take over my life and it's only been a week. I completely ignored the kids and I've been acting like a complete asshole, especially tonight.

I pushed my laptop away and went into the kitchen to get my food. After eating I went upstairs to check on the kids and as usual the twins were in one crib and Carter was hanging off of his bed. I made my way into my room and into the bathroom to take a shower. When I got out I laid in bed and just stared at the ceiling. Sleep was becoming a stranger to me. I looked over at Chloe who was turned over with her back to me. It wasn't until then that I realized she was crying.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" It was a stupid question because I new exactly what was wrong. I tried to touch her shoulder but she moved

"Don't touch me."

"Come on talk to me."

"Now you want to talk? After ignoring me for days, now you want to talk?" She sat up and wiped her tears

"I'm sorry. I've jut been caught up in something."

"Like what? What could possible have you so occupy? Do you know how hard it is to cook, clean, work, take care of the kids and worry about you?"

"I know it's hard and I'm going to do better. I promise. Trust me, I want to tell you but I can't. I'm sorry."

"Val we are engaged with a family together and you're keeping secrets. Nothing good comes out of that and you know it. What's the worse that can happen if you tell me?"

"I can lose you again. I can lose my family and I don't think I can live like that."

"Valentine, please tell me what's going on."

"Chloe I-"

"No Val. No more excuses." She interrupted

"Fine I'll tell you but please don't-"

"I'm not going to leave you. When I left the first time it was to protect the kids. Do you know how scary it is to watch your child almost die? I was scared so I left because I knew it was safer for them."

"Yes, I know that and that's why I don't want to tell you. I'd rather just handle it without getting you involved."

"Last time, you didn't tell me and I was involved. What's going on?"

"During the twins birthday party a man named Warhead came to the house and none of us saw him. He is a very dangerous man and I know he was here because she gave Carter a pin before he left. I've been working with Nick to try and find him and figure out what he wants. I thought that keeping this a secret from you guys would keep everyone calm and keep you from leaving me. I don't know why trouble seems to find me but it does and I'm just trying my best to keep you and the kids in my life." Chloe didn't say anything. She just sat there looking at me and inside I was begging her to say something but then again I was afraid of what she might have said. She didn't make a sound but I saw tears falling from her eyes. I could tell she was trying to understand everything and trying to keep it together.

"Val, I love you. I really love you and I'm trying to be calm. I don't want to lose you because I know this isn't your fault but honestly what do you think I should do? You have a dangerous life and we have kids. I didn't want to leave the first time and I don't want to now but honestly Val, what am I supposed to do while you figure this out? Things almost ended terribly last time. I'm tired and I know you're tired of this but how do you think I feel being in the dark about all of this? How can we get married like this?"

"I don't know. I honestly don't know what to do or how things will turn out but I do know I will do everything I can to keep you guys safe, even if you do leave me for good this time."

"Valentine I'm not leaving. Yes, our relationship goes through the most unnecessary shit ever and it's scary but we've gone through too much. I know I can't do much if anything but I know that leaving you isn't something that's up for discussion."

"Don't stay because you don't want to hurt me."

"I'm not sure if you heard me but it's not up for discussion. Of course we can't stay here, so we have to leave the house but I'm not leaving you. That's it."

I just looked at her and asked myself how the hell did I get this lucky. Anyone else would have left me the first time and never came back. I feel terrible for putting them through this. That's including Chloe's family as well. I put their daughter and sister through the most and those people still love me. Helen more than what's appropriate but still.

"Thank you." I said

"For what?"

"Loving me. Like really living me and putting up with everything. You put up with things that no one should have to and you actually stay. You're crazier than I thought."

"My mama always told me that falling in love makes you do crazy things. Now get some sleep. We have a lot of things to talk about tomorrow." She kissed me and laid down curling up under me like everything was fine. I knew she was just trying to end things on a good note but I know that we both know how things can turn out

Sorry for the short and not very interesting chapter but it's been awhile and I didn't want you guys to wait any longer.

– M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 10.8K 76
By a chance encounter, Lauren meets Camila, a soldier home on leave as she waits for her next deployment, at a local coffee shop one afternoon. As th...
5K 359 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
990 97 16
Kayleigh Harper has always had a heart of gold. Now a young woman at the age of 25 she has accomplished all her dreams except one. Love. She graduate...
95.2K 2.4K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...