The Girl in the Music Shop

By JaneKiley713

I felt a hand brush my thigh, pulling me out of my dazed state. I looked at the handsome boy and instantly re... More

NOW ON RADISH
NOTICE
The Girl in the Music Shop
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part II)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Recent Events

Chapter 7

13.9K 423 40
By JaneKiley713

So This is Love- Cinderella

*

*

*

*

*

***Emmett's POV***

I realized I was falling for Ella the moment I saw her. It wasn't in the music shop or even around town. It was two years ago at the school talent show. I knew she didn't go to our school because of Peter and Alana. She and Alana had taken the stage and Ella had a violin in her hand. Alana placed herself behind the mike and Ella started playing So This is Love from the original Cinderella movie. I watched her as she played the violin. It was like she was making love to an instrument, if that was even possible. She was so beautiful then, she's beautiful now too.

I tried to forget about her because of William. It was his first daughter, his baby girl. And I was a delinquent who deserved to be shunned and forgotten about. But then I started seeing her more around town and it was nearly impossible to forget about her. I watched her grow from the shy sixteen year old with curly, dark hair that went down to her shoulders to the outgoing eighteen year old with unmanageable curls that passed her cute butt.

Now she's my girl. And I'm falling harder than ever. I can't say I love her, well, because I don't know what it's like to be in love. But I can say that I care so deeply about her that sometimes it hurts. I'm so lucky to have her, and I'll make sure that I'll never loose her. Sometimes I think that she deserves better than me. No, I know she does. Ella is going places and I'm not even gonna get out of this town. I don't want to be the one holding her back, but I'm not ready to let her go. I don't think I'll ever be ready to let Ella go.

Right now, I'm in her mother's kitchen with her little brother Wyatt, making everyone breakfast. It's been a couple of weeks since we announced our relationship. I honestly thought my life would have ended in her mother's driveway if it wasn't for Shawn. Since then her mother's step-dad have been pretty cool with us and our occasional sleepovers. I even had a drawer full of clothing at the Beal house and she had a space in my closet. I didn't dare try to have sleepovers at William's house. I wasnt't crazy enough too. He still hated me for doing what I did almost four years ago. It wasn't the most convenient thing I could have done, but I was good at it and it was fast money.

I was an illegal underground fighter for a year and a half. If I could have done anything else, I would have. But we were short on money and a little behind on the bills. I quit though, and I'm glad I did, because I may not be here right now if I didn't. One of the fights I got paired with a big burly dude and he almost killed me. One of my good friends was able to pull me out of the bar basement with two cracked ribs and a concussion. I had to tell my mom at that point, and at first, she was mad. Then, she codled me and told me that I was grounded for two months.

I promised Ella that I'd tell her about those days, and I will, but I'm scared. I'm scared that she'll leave me or that she'll not even talk to me after that or that she'll really think I'm the iconic "bad boy". I'm not a bad boy anymore, I shouldn't have to deal with that forsaken name anymore. But I do, and I have to own up to the fact that things will never change in this town.

People started filing down the stairs around quarter of seven. Anya and Tobias were dressed and ready to go to work. They owned the dance studio four blocks from the music shop. Anya and Tobias belonged to Anya's parent's dance company until they were twenty one, when her father handed over the business to his baby girl. She sold the company to her oldest sister and took the money and moved closer to the father of her oldest child.

Next came Isaac who had to go to driving school with Shawn in a few hours. He look like Ella with the brown hair and the freckles, but he had his father's emerald green eyes and muscular build. Wyatt looked like his father with his flaxen hair and unfreckled skin, but he had Anya's eyes.

Finally Ella stumbled down the stairs with her hair toppled on the top of her head in a messy bun. Her parents and Isaac had their cups of coffee in hand, like I did, and Wyatt had a class of chocolate milk. I had Ella's mandatory cup of tea ready for her as she came over to the island and plopped her cute tush onto a stool. I slid the cup over to her as I flipped the last of the pancakes. She took a while to wake up, so I didn't dare say good morning to her yet.

"Pancakes are ready. Wyatt, can you grab the syrup for me?" I asked, grabbing the plates from the near by cupboard. I turned off the stove and added the last four pancakes to the large stack I had near my left arm, and spread out the six plates. I divvied out the pancakes so everyone got four on their plate. I took my place beside Ella and smirked as she slowly drank her tea. God I loved her wake up routine. Next, she'll scrunch up her nose and sneeze, the indicator that Ella is coming out of zombie mode. I leaned in and pecked her upper lip softly, then pulled away and smiled at her. She blushed and scooted closer to me, resting her hand on my inner thigh.

"Pancakes smell great, Emmett." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes with her free hand. I smiled and kissed her temple softly before attacking my syrup covered stack. Mr. and Mrs. Beal ate their stacks quickly and waited for Isaac to finish. Once he did, they ordered Isaac to get dressed so they could get out the door on time. Those three left by seven-twenty, leaving Wyatt, Ella and me in the kitchen, picking at our pancakes.

"So, what's on your agenda, today?" I asked as I finished my pancakes.

"Well, I'm going to take mom's car and pick up Chris, Ebony, Alice, Kenzie and Alana while you and Peter are at work." Ella said with a mouth full of food. Peter and I worked at the school during the summer as custodian and tutors. Peter's a History genius and I'm a Math wizard.

"Cool. Call me at Lunch time?" I asked, giving her a cheeky smile.

"Maybe. If I can't, I'll text you." She said softly. I smiled and kissed her cheek lightly and Wyatt made a choking noise before leaving the kitchen.

"I'll see you at two, Emmett. You're acting as if I'll run away with a car full of crazy people." She whispered, cupping my face in her hands. I shrugged and wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her closer to me, nuzzling my nose with hers.

"I just care about you Ella. I care so, so much." I whispered, pecking her lips. She looked at me with wide eyes and I chuckled, shaking me head slightly to give her an Eskimo kiss.

"You do?" She whispered back. I nodded with an amused smile playing on my lips. "I care about you too, Emmett." She admitted. I took that as my cue and kissed her again, binding my arms around her back and pulling her onto my lap. Ella shifted herself so she could straddle my waist and kiss me back. I took her bottom lip between my teeth and she smiled, cupping the back of my head with her delicate hands. I pulled away from her lips and she frowned as she tried to lean in for more. I shook my head and attacked her neck with open mouthed kisses, getting a moan from Ella.

"Emmett," She said in an airy voice that I loved to hear. "Promise me something?" She asked. I pulled back and looked her with an eyebrow quirked upwards.

"Anything, sweetie." I said. She bit her innocently and looked at the space between us, collecting her thoughts.

"Promise me that we won't end when summer does." She said quietly as she looked up at me again. I looked into her doughy brown eyes and something broke inside me. I guess I had planned on breaking up with her at the end of the summer so she didn't feel obligated to have to come back here. I wanted her to go places without any ties to this little town, without any ties to a loser like me. I didn't want to hold her back from having a better life.

"Ella," I said after several moments of silence. "I don't want to hold you back or make you feel obligated to come back here ever again. You are destined for great things, to make this world better to live in, and I'm just some bum who won't amount to anything and who will never get his degree. You need someone who can give you the world and so much more."

It didn't take Ella more than fifteen seconds to smack me upside the head for saying what I said. By the look on her face, I could tell she was fuming. I guess I said something wrong.

"Ya know, I've been with guys like that and they're conceeded asswholes who could care less about me and more about their next conquest. But you, Emmett Larken, you're different. You actually act like a human being and you make me feel something that I've never felt with any other guy before. I'll be damned if I ever let you get away because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." She said with conviction. Tears glistened in her eyes and my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach, I did do something wrong.

"Don't you dare leave me because you think it's best for me. I'll decide what's best for me, and right now, that's you, Emmett." Ella sniffed and wiped her eyes as the tears started flowing. I pulled her against my chest and rocked her gently, trying to soothe her.

"Ella, I'm sorry." I whispered, kissing her temple. "I just want you to make something of yourself, because I know you will. And I'm just the guy who will hold you back because he doesn't have a bachelors degree or anything and can't get a job and will be the bum who follows you like a puppy dog."

"But you're the bum that I'll care about for as long as you want to be with me, and long after that as well." She whispered against my chest. "I don't care if you can't get a job where ever we go. I don't care if I end up being the bread-winner and we have to live in a shitty apartment for six years. You propel me forward and give me inspiration that no one else can give me." I lifted her chin with a smile and kissed her lips softly.

"I promise we won't end at the end to the summer." I murmured when she pulled away and earned another smile from her.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

New update! And in Emmett's POV! I'm sorry if it's bad, but I'm not good at writing in a guys POV at first. There may be a few more POV's of Emmett's, but this story will mainly be in Ella's POV. I'm glad this story is going so well!

Guess what? I'M GONNA BE A GODMOTHER! I'm so excited! I'm going to be my new cousin's godmother! I can't wait! It'll be sometime in june, I think, or over the summer since he hasn't been born yet! But ahhhh! So excitied!

Can I say how tired I am right now? I'm still bone tired from waitressing to crazy-ass Irish people on sunday and I ran almost two miles today plus lots of squats today at pre-season practice. I'm poooped! I have a Geometry test tuesday and an English test wednesday and I'm more concerned about my Geometry test cause math's not my strong suit! And it's on proofs! And can I just say that my Emglish teacher likes dark stories? My upcoming test is on short stories, litterary terms and vocabulary from the short stories. The short stories she picked are dark as hell. No, they're sadistic and creepy. I just read Mateo Falcone and gah, he murdered his son for goodness sake!

Anyway, have a wonderful week, sleep, yada yada yada.

Love,

DoctorWho

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 2.1K 36
[Highest ranking #85] "Your family killed my mother for no reason plus I'm a pathetic weak girl, so don't expect us to be friends even if we have to...
299K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
1.2M 31K 32
I was walking to my locker when I heard someone calling for somebody. "Hey! Little cutie!" They called. I kept waking, since no one noticed me and...
216K 5K 39
"Daniel asked me to be his girlfriend," she spoke softly. The color rushed out of my face hearing the few words making my mouth grow dry. I tried to...