The Church Boys ➸ Peterick/Br...

By bangingdoldrums

❝ my head's in heaven, my soles are in hell; so let's meet in the purgatory of my hips and get well ❞ Patr... More

1: Patrick's First Friendship is Based Upon a Chicken Sandwich
2: Better Than Fifa- Soccer Superstar
3: A Rather Controversial Pair of Homosapiens Names Joseph and Michael
4: The Blossoming Friendship of Homosapien Joe and Patrick
5: The Sandlot and The Hallelujah (While My Guitar Gently Weeps)
6: My Crush With (G)uyliner
7: Throwing Stones at a Glass Moon
8: New York Eyes, Chicago Thighs
9: Racing Through the City, Windows Down
10: Our Car is a Boat
11: *Bear Grylls Voice* The Wild Peter Wentz Makes His First Move
12: Coffee With Someone a Foot Taller Than You
13: Swings are for Heartbreakers
14: Designer Jeans and Designer Ice Cream
15: Is There Life on Mars?
16: In Which Pete and Patrick Have a (Possibly Triggering) Deep Discussion
17: Merry Christmas, I Could Care Less
18: Pete Wentz Sacks Up
20: The Calm Before the Storm
21: The Boys Next Door Are Still Assholes
22: We're Falling Apart to Half Time
23: When Doves Cry
24: Patrick Befriends Electra Heart
25: The Triple A Girls
26: Pete Makes an Odd Comeback (That HE Regrets)
27: My Body is an Orphanage
28: Loose Lips Sink Ships
29: The Music or the Misery
30: Auditioning for Advanced Theatre and Walking in Heels
31: Hey, Bathmat!
32: Pete and Patrick Share Words
33: In Which Joe Decides to Get His Nose Pierced
34: Joke Me Something Awful Just Like Kisses on the Necks of "Best Friends"
35: I'm a Stitch Away From Making it- and a Scar Away From Falling Apart
afterword
Prologue to The Invisible Boys (the Sequel): A Letter From Patrick
S E Q u E L

19: Patrick Stump Sacks Up As Well (and Gets Hit By a Stroller)

202 14 17
By bangingdoldrums

Pete was different.

All in all. Pete was more like the best friend he was trying out dating, while Brendon had simply been a lover that was now turning into a friend. Yet, he found himself getting drawn into him and getting sucked down into the hole that was Peter Wentz. With winter break being upon them, they had the time to go out a couple times. Patrick was already stealing his flannels that smelled half like Pete and half like the Hot Topic cologne he used.

The current day was actually sort of cold, but they were at Disneyland and they could actually hold hands without being scared of somebody coming up to them. Of course, somebody could still come up to them, but that wouldn't blow over all that well what with Disney being a safe place for everyone.

Pete swung their arms as they walked down Main Street, staying in the center. He was content, and Patrick had a wide smile cracked across his face. There was music playing from somewhere, but it was hard to hear over the other conversations going on. Patrick supposed that from a distance, they looked odd. Pete definitely had the build of a soccer player, and he was slowly starting to loose weight from the constant going to work out or play baseball with Joe. He was still, however, softer.

As they walked, Patrick found himself humming an Elton John song. However, when they reached the end of Main Street, something caught Patrick's eye and led him to stop in his tracks and turn to Pete.

"Oh my God! I want a picture with Flynn Rider!"

Pete cocked an eyebrow. "What? Why?"

"Cause he's the hottest Disney prince. I don't care what you say, I love him."

Yet, Pete couldn't argue. In all honesty, he agreed. "C'mon, then, let's get in line."

Surrounded by small children and another pair of teenagers (who, what were they kidding, were probably both just gay friends), they kept their voices down even though Patrick's usual dialect was kid-friendly. Eventually, they got their picture and continued along on their way. The two of them continued along their way, laughing softly as they went along through the park. Along the way to Tomorrowland, they did actually see another gay couple and it was slightly relieving in some strange sense.

Still, getting their fast passes for Space Mountain and Pete checking his watch and making the mental note to come back in two hours, they went off again.

"I haven't been here in so long," Patrick admitted, glancing around. "I never really had anyone to go with."

"Your friends didn't have passes or anything?" Pete inquired. He wasn't really sure what Patrick meant by it, but they kept walking on their way to another ride.

Patrick, though, shook his head. "I never had many friends, even at my old school. The ones I had couldn't really afford to do that sort of thing."

"Oh." Pete nodded, looking down and squeezing Patrick's hand gently as they continued to walk. Pausing, he glanced down before pulling out his phone and glancing at a notification. "C'mon, we've got someplace to be."

"What? Where?"

Pete shot Patrick a grin and tugged him along at a quick pace as they maneuvered practically across the park to get to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The line was a half hour wait, which wasn't bad, but by the time they got there, it was getting longer. Still, though, Patrick was leaning on Pete as they waited. The slightly-taller boy made for something nice to rest on, though he was oddly tired even though it was only like four in the afternoon.

"Can we get pizza after this?" Patrick asked softly as they moved ahead in line.

"Yeah, baby," Pete purred and placed a kiss to his forehead.

The way Pete's voice got slightly lower at that point in time almost turned Patrick on. He kept close, balling his fists up in his sleeves and keeping against Pete's chest. Feeling slightly small, but Pete being warm and smelling somewhat manly as far as Hot Topic cologne went. Being called 'baby' was new from him, but welcomed.

There were people observing them, some not saying anything and observing but others were casting odd looks in their direction.

Getting inside, the air was cool and Patrick could smell the water. They eventually got onto the ride, Patrick curled into Pete's side comfortably. There was an arm around Patrick, but otherwise the two were silent.

"Okay, but I want you to be watching out, okay?"

"For what?"

Pete chuckled. "We're here because Johnny Depp is."

Patrick looked up at him with wide eyes, pulling away from him. "Wait, really?"

They did end up seeing Johnny Depp. It made Patrick laugh, and that made Pete happy. In all honesty, Pete wasn't sure what made Patrick so different from Mikey, but he just was. His company was always welcomed, and Pete felt like he could actually be himself around the smaller boy. Patrick was pure. Well, no, he wasn't. But he was purer than Mikey.

Speaking of Mikey...it felt weird for him to be gone. He'd officially left over the beginning of break so that when break ended, he'd join in whatever high school they were going to. Pete figured he'd call him one day, see how things were going, but...

"Pete? Oh, here, I'll take care of it."

He hadn't realized that they'd walked all the way to pizza, and now Patrick was paying for it.

"No, here baby, I'll-"

Patrick just laughed. It was warm. It was real. "It's okay. I can pay for something."

So Pete let him. They went to a table afterwards, observing the people around them as they ate. Disneyland was a zoo of strange creatures that made weird noises and did inexplicable things. It was amusing to observe and commentate on this odd behavior, and make each other laugh. They got up and started walking again, having about forty five minutes until they could get on the ride.

It was just wandering aimlessly about. 

"After this, we're going to the other park, okay?" Pete said softly, entwining his fingers back in Patrick's. "You don't mind, right?"

"No, I'm fine with that," he said, shooting Pete a smile. He softly hummed as they walked, and though they didn't have anywhere to be, they kept up a decent pace so people wouldn't get mad at them.

They ended up slowing down at a particularly large part of crowd, which wouldn't have been all that bad had Patrick not been hit from behind by what felt like a shopping cart. Yet, Pete sort of felt it too, but it had just hit Patrick more square on. The taller boy had grabbed hold of him to keep him from falling down, but when the two turned around, neither was really all that upset anymore.

Because fucking Gwen Stefani was behind them, pushing a fucking stroller. "Oh, sorry." The apology seemed so blasé, but Patrick didn't really care.

"N-no, it's okay," he said, shaking his head. "Don't worry about it."

Gwen Stefani shot them both a smile before she continued on her way, and Pete and Patrick found themselves sharing a look. "That was Gwen Stefani," Pete muttered.

"Yeah, yeah it was." Patrick shook his head, glancing back up. "We should probably start heading back to Space Mountain."

Pete snapped out of the daze, nodding. "Yeah, we should. Let's go." He took Patrick's hand again, starting to guide him through the crowd of people. 

The sun was starting to show signs of wanting to go down, and Patrick could feel the chill coming on. He was glad Pete brought a backpack with stuff in it, waters and snack bars and jackets. He was already wearing Pete's flannel, but it might get colder. After the ride, Pete kept Patrick close as they hurried along over to the other park. 

He was taken to Paradise Pier as the sun was starting to go down, and as they leaned against the railing in front of the rollercoaster ride Patrick could never remember the name of, Pete brushed a strand of hair from out of Patrick's eyes. 

"It's nice here, don't you think?" Pete purred softly, his hands on Patrick's hips.

Patrick nodded gently. "Mhmm, yeah. It's aesthetically pleasing here, I don't know why."

There was a soft laugh from the soccer player. "It is."

His lips were on Patrick's after a few moments, and there was a pause before Patrick wrapped his arms around Pete's neck and pulled him closer. Leaning back on the railing, his eyes shut, it was surprisingly enjoyable. Patrick pulled away after a moment, his forehead resting on Pete's shoulder. Breathing softly through gently-parted lips, his eyes were still closed and his arms were still around Pete's neck.

"Thank you for today," Patrick murmured. "I've had a lot of fun...I want to spend more time with you."

"You don't have to worry about that, baby boy, we'll spend a lot of time together."

The nickname sent chills down Patrick's spine, and he felt his face growing warm. It didn't matter, he was happy to be with Pete, and it seemed like the feeling was reciprocated. And that. That was really all that mattered.

-

There was just something wrong with Patrick once he'd gotten home. He just felt himself cracking, which was what originally led him to do it, but he didn't know why he wanted to do it, or why he felt he could put that much trust in someone. He'd wandered downstairs that Thursday, supposed to be going back to school on Tuesday, and yet he wandered into the kitchen in search of his mother. She was in there, at least. The kitchen was also closed off from most of the rest of the house, which also helped.

"Mom, can I talk to you? Please?" Patrick looked up at her, the desperate look in his eyes that couldn't be hidden. He had to talk to someone about it, finally, he just had to. She looked confused, unable to formulate a thought before Patrick spoke again. "Just, hear me out, will you?"

She was hesitant, but she nodded. "Yeah...What's up?"

He bit on his lip, messing with his fingers and looking down. "I'm...I'm gay."

His mother stood there for a moment, completely silent. It took a minute, but she wrapped her arms around Patrick in a tight hug. "Don't tell your father." She held him close, Patrick burying his face in her shoulder and biting his tongue to keep from crying. "As long as you're safe when you have sex... Honey, there's nothing I can do to change you. This is you. You're not going to get anyone pregnant, at least. I just don't want you getting an STD."

He was shaking, mostly due to the nerves that had yet to wear off, but at the same time, it was relief. "How long've you known?"

She laughed softly. "Frankly? I think before you figured it out."

Patrick thought about it for a minute, and honestly he believed her. Still, he was quiet and nodded, biting on his lip again. "Thank you."

"Are you dating anybody right now?" she asked, getting up to sit on the counter and look down at her son.

He paused, but nodded. "Yeah...and that girl I said I was dating awhile ago? She was actually a guy, too..."

"So what happened with that? Because that was what led to that boy attacking you, right?"

"You make it sound like..." Like I didn't fight back. "Yeah, yeah it was. I didn't really do anything, jus' some people TP'ed his house and did some other stuff. I dunno what it was, or why it was such a big deal."

- - - - - -

gwen stefani actually did run my friend over with a stroller at disneyland so that is a #truestory

so stuff is sort of going to start happening soon? time will probably go at a quicker pace? 

another quick smut poll- who wants/doesn't want it? it will not be between one of the main ships, in fact it's probably going to come out of nowhere with who does it but hey.

<3 you guys more than kanye loves kanye, votes + comments are much appreciated xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 754 22
just a few delinquents at school 😇 A Gerard way x reader, however there will be some drama with other boys. I will try to make it a good read. Sorry...
13.2K 684 20
Gerard doesn't quite understand why his hair turned completely white when he was only nine years old. There's a list of things he doesn't understand...
4.5K 463 24
On his 18th anniversary, Frank Iero's parents reveal him their family secret. They tell him how their town has always been haunted and how their fami...
17.4K 517 35
This is random and I'm really only doing this because I love Kik Au's with band members because it's really funny, most of the time at lest. Anyway...