Singers Like Sweets {OHSHC}

By lovekitty411

Ryuko Saito, the supposed heir to the Saito family. Their family is known for the music industry. Now i'm not... More

Character Profiles
Ouran
Perverts and Swimming
The Ball
"Accidental" Kisses!
Together by Blackmail
Separate Crushes
I Wish I'd've Stayed Home
Love Songs
Double Cavities
Big Brother
Sleepover
All Ends at Twelve
Rebel
Suitors
Karuizawa Adventures

Rain

799 31 1
By lovekitty411

"The beach the beach! We're going to the beach~!" The twins and Kotetsu sing as they skip out of their mansion, arm in arm. Tamaki was yelling at them, while Kyoya was writing in his little black book. Mori was carrying Huni with Haruhi walking next to them, and I was trailing behind everyone, eating sweets. I refused to talk to Huni after the whole cookie incident. The most i've done is flip him over my shoulder when he gets too close. It's early Friday morning, and apparently we don't have school.

I step into the limo and sit in the corner, Kotetsu on my right. I put in my music, drowning everyone else out.

3rd POV

"So where're we goin Tono?" Hikaru and Kaoru ask, tilting their heads in unison.

"Okinawa I believe, right Kyoya?" Tamaki says, looking to his fellow 2nd year, who nods in confirmation.

"We're borrowing Nekozawa's beach house for the weekend." Kyoya says, writing in his notebook.

"N-n-n-nekozawa's?! Mommy why didn't you tell me of this!" Tamaki freaks out, terrified of the cloaked upperclassman.

"Since Haruhi doesn't have a passport we couldn't travel very far. Nekozawa was glad to let us borrow it for a couple days."

"Hey it's not my fault i'm not rich!" Haruhi shouts, frustrated.

"Tama-Chan it'll be okay! Neko-Chan can't go in the sunlight, so he'll be inside all day!" Huni giggles, hugging Usa-Chan.

"Think about it boss, you'll get to see Ryuko and Haruhi in swimsuits again~" The twins chime in which makes the Host King blush and then yell at the twins.

"Highly unlikely." Kyoya says, a smirk on his face.

"Why would you say that Kyoya?" Kotetsu asks, playing with his sister's hair. He just smirks more, not saying anything.

~*~*~*~*~

Ryu's POV

"This place is huge..." Kotetsu murmurs as we walk into the beach house. 

"But pretty~! Right Ryu-Chan~?" Huni asks as he skips past. I just grunt in response. The chauffeurs were bringing in our bags and bringing them to our rooms. 

"Kyoka."

"Kyoya," He corrects me.

"Kyoka."

"What." 

"What's the catch?" I ask as everyone explores the beach house.

"Whatever do you mean Ryuko?" He asks, looking down at me.

"We didn't just come here to hang out. I know it." I say simply, pulling out a lollipop and taking the wrapper off, sucking on the cherry flavored candy.

I see a smirk reach Kyoka's lips, but he doesn't respond. Once everyone gathers back in the living room, he speaks. "Alright everyone, get changed, we're heading to the beach." Everyone cheers and runs off again, but Kyoka grabs Haruhi's shoulder. "Wear guy clothes, Haruhi."

Ah I knew it. Smirking, I walk off to my room, which i'm sharing with Kotetsu. Opening the door, I see my brother in yellow black ombre swim trunks with a towel draped over his shoulders. He smiles to me and ruffles my hair as he walks past. Smiling briefly, I close the door and go over to my bag, pulling out a black muscle shirt and swim trunks. They started out as black that ombre into a grey, and then white. I wrap my chest and change, then grab a towel for myself and something else, before walking out of the room and heading for the beach.

My assumptions were correct, because a bunch of girls from school were in swimsuits, giggling and hoarding the hosts on the beach. Sighing, I run a hand through my orange hair and walk down onto the sandy paradise. As I pass Kyoya, he smirks to me, and I do the same. He was timing girls who were with Tamaki, Hikaru and Kaoru were playing volleyball, Mori and HUni were doing yoga, Haruhi was laying on the sand, and my brother? Being yandere. I chuckle and walk along the edge of the beach after placing my towel down. All too soon, some girls come up to me and ask if I would like to swim.

"Actually I was hoping to stay towards the shore." I say, rubbing the back of my neck. Honestly, I would go swimming, the the bandages that are wrapped around my chest are really weird. When they get wet, they actually get tighter and it's hard for me to breath.

"That's okay, could we hang out with you then?" Mikori asks hopefully, and I give them a playful smirk, agreeing. We end up having a small splash war, all the while i'm pulling off my badass type. After a long time, I tell the girls that I was going to go get a drink and I go over to Haruhi, lying down on my towel.

"Water?" She asks, handing me a bottle. I take it gratefully and down half of it before pulling it away from my lips. Leaning over, I grab a popsicle that was by my towel. I wonder who put that there?

"Haru-Chan, Ryu-Chan, wanna go hellfish shunting?" Huni asks, bounding over to us. 

"I think you mean shellfish hunting Huni-Senpai." Haruhi says, standing up. "And I don't think this is the right beach for... that. Holy crap where did all of these come from!?" I look up from my towel and see a shit ton of crabs and stuff on the beach. Thinking nothing off it, I lay back down, deciding to get a tan.

"Ryu-Chan wanna help~?"

"I don't want to- Fuck!" I shout, sitting up quickly, there was a damn crab pinching my foot. I rip it off, chucking it into the sea. "Damn bastard."

"C'mon Ryuko, there's some really pretty shells too." Haruhi coaxes me, and I grudgingly get up, following them down the beach. Grabbin a small bucket, I only pick up pretty shells and cool looking urchins. Haruhi shouts out that it'll be a great hall and dinner'll be great. Psh like i'm eating this. I'm severely allergic to crab. Soon, everyone was shellfish hunting and Tamaki was making dumb crab puns while Kotetsu was trying to throw urchins and make them stick to a tree. Stupid dummy.  Lost in my own thought, I jump when everyone shrieks. I glare, getting ready to yell when I see all of the girls running away and Tamaki freaking out.

"It's just a centipede, chill." I mumble, and Haruhi grabs it, tossing it into the brush. I wade out into the sea, the water coming up to my shins as I look for more shells. Oo~ I found a sea snake! Putting my hands in the water, I grab the snake gently. Knowing they're poisonous, I grab the back of it's head and it wraps itself around my arm. Smiling, I walk back onto shore, getting ready to scare a blonde idiot.

"Yo, daddy~" I shout and Tamaki gets all giddy.

"You called me daddy! Ah my little Kosai- WHAT IS THAT!" He freaks out at seeing the snake in my arms.

"Look at what I caught~!" I laugh, and even the twins back up. Rolling my eyes, I let Kotetsu pet it before setting it down and letting it slither back into the water. "You're no fun." 

"Look we know you two aren't your typical girly girls. But bugs and snakes?" The twins inquire, talking to me and Haruhi. We both shrug.

"They're harmless if you know what you're doing." Haruhi says and I nod in agreement. We both grab our buckets and go back to searching.

3rd POV

"Hey boss~ Let's play a little game. It's the 'Let's find out Haruhi and Ryuko's weakness' game!" The twins sing, pulling Tamaki.

"Why would I want to play a ridiculous game like that?" He asks, uninterested.

"I suppose you're right," Hikaru says.

"After all, they'd only tell someone they trust and are close to." Kaoru finishes.

"What're the rules!?" Tamaki shouts, shaking the two gingers.

"Deadline is by sunset." The twins say excitedly, and Kotetsu pops up, catching on to the game too.

"I won't be telling you my sister's weakness by the way, so don't ask me. Although i'll help with Haruhi's~" He says, and the Kyoya chimes in.

"And for the winning prize, picture from the girl's younger days." Kyoya says, holding up some photos of Haruhi with long hair, and Ryuko with longer hair (to her shoulders), dressed in cute outfits.

"Hey where'd you get those!?" Kotetsu says, glaring at the Shadow King who just smirks.

"Resources."

"We wanna join too~!" Huni says the moment he saw Ryuko's photos.

"Let the games, begin~" Hikaru and Kaoru say mischievously.

Ryuko's POV

"It's said that people die in these caves every year from high tide." Hikaru says in a creepy voice as him, Kaoru, Haruhi, some guests, and I walk into a dark cave. They were telling some ghost story, but I was just looking at the stalagmites. I didn't even realize they were trying to scare us.

"Psh, weak you two. Weak." I tell them, making them pout.

~*~

"Kotetsu what're you doing?" I ask. He was pointing a sharp spear in Haruhi's face. He just laughed nervously and kept moving.

~*~

"Um.. Senpai what's the point of this?" Haruhi asks as Mori holds her up really high on top of a cliff. He goes to reach for me but I give him a glare that clearly states 'don't touch me'.

~*~

"Does invading personal space make you scared?" Tamaki asks us randomly as we walk on the beach. 

"What do you mean?" Haruhi asks, and Tamaki hugs me to him tightly. Twitching in irritation, I punch him in the jaw, making him let go of me.

"Don't invade my bubble you asshole!" I growl out, knowing there's still guests around.

~*~ 

"Haru-Chan, Ryu-Chan come with me!" Huni says, grabbing both of our hands and dragging us into the back of a truck. "Lower the door!" Once the door slams shut, it grows deathly silent.

A moment later I feel someone's body up against mine, and a pair of soft sweet tasting lips on my own.

-reality-

"UWAH IT'S SCARY LET ME OUT!" Huni shouts and I jump. God damn I did NOT just day dream that. Glaring at myself darkly, I jump out of the truck and stomp off in the sand, heading for my towel.

"I swear to god if another person so much as looks at me, they'll be sent to their deaths." I growl out, about to sit down when Mikori and a couple of her friends come over to me. I force my mood to lighten as they speak.

"Ryu-Kun, would you like to come up on the cliff with us? It's a really pretty view!" She says, and I see a couple of girls asking Haruhi the same thing. 

"Yea, sure." I mumble, feeling something might go wrong. Bending down, I grab a thing off of my towel and place it in my pocket before grabbing another popsicle and walking with the girls up to the cliff.

"The view is so pretty!" Mikori says, and the girls agree. Haruhi and I do too. The sunset was lovely against the ocean, it was truly a sight.

"Hey there's girls up here!" A voice says, and I turn around quickly. Three drunk idiots come stumbling towards us.

"E-excuse me, this is a private beach, you aren't supposed to be here." One girl says, taking a step forward.

"Oh so you're saying we're alone?" He asks. Him and his buddies must not have seen Haruhi and I. The leader grabs two of the girls, holding them close, and then Haruhi steps in.

"Hey, why don't you pick on someone your own size?" She shouts, glaring. Not wasting a moment, I go behind the leader and punch him in the back, making him gasp and let go of the girls. 

"Go!" I shout and they all run, "Why don't you take their advice and pick on someone your own size?" I growl out, glaring up at this drunk bastard.

"Psh, you're just a pipsqueak. I could knock you out in less than a minute- ow!" He stops short as Haruhi threw a rock at him, hitting the back of his head. One of the others grabs her, and I freak out.

"Drop her!" I shout, pulling out my knife and running at the guy holding Haruhi. Before I can get to hre, the third one grabs me and throws me against a rock wall. Shaking the blurriness from my vision, I quickly get up and roundhouse kick the guy who threw me. He stumbles and falls, then the leader grabs me, throwing me over his shoulder, and my back lands painfully on a sharp rock, and the wind is knocked out of me. I glance out of the corner of my eye, Haruhi getting thrown off the ledge. Someone picks me up, and I struggle against them, my knife still gripped weakly in my hand. I try to cut some flesh, and I think I cut something, but it was pulled from my hand and I was thrown over the edge. 

The moment I hit the water, my headache got 5x worse, and as the water soaked into my bound chest, I could feel it convulsing. Fuck I need air. Attempting to swim to the surface, I don't make it in time and cough underwater, taking in a breath full of water. I open my eyes and the salt burns them, as everything turns blurry, I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull me to the surface.

~*~*~*~

"Are you okay?" "Ryuko!" "Onee-Chan!" "Oh my god she's bleeding, someone call the doctor!" "He's on his way." "What the hell were you thinking!?" "Haruhi are you alright?"

I groan as i'm placed on the sand. Coughing up water, I gasp for breath. "A-.. all of y-you... sh- shut the .... h-.. hell up!" I cough out. "K-kotetsu.."

"Right! Shit I forgot!" He says, kneeling down to me and lifting my shirt. He rips the bandages away down the back and quickly lowers my shirt again since I wasn't wearing a bra. I take in air greedily, still coughing.

"What were you thinking?!" Tamaki asks after I catch my breath. I look over to see Haruhi with a shirt draped over her. She looks fine, thank god. "2 girls against 3 boys? Short ones at that!" 

"Hey! Don't criticize me for my size!" I shout, pulling myself to my feet with the help of my brother. I was leaning on him a lot. "The bastard grabbed some of the girls, you just expect us to stand there and watch?!"

"We were there Senpai, we had to do something." Haruhi says, trembling slightly from the cold.

"Ryuko! You know martial arts, why the hell couldn't you beat them up there huh!?" Tamaki asks furiously, a glare on his face.

"I was trying! One of them grabbed Haruhi, so I was helping her then one threw me over their shoulder," I take a glance at Huni, "Which is probably why my back is bleeding. I got the wind knocked out of me, and I tried stabbing one of them, but they threw me off the ledge while I was still catching my breath!" 

"Besides what does it matter that we're girls and they're boys, we had to do something. We had no time to think and go get-" Haruhi says, defending both of us.

"Well think next time you idiots! Don't forget you're just girls!"

"I'm sorry you had to come save me Senpai, but I don't think we did anything wrong!" Haruhi shouts, glaring at the blonde. Speaking of, who saved me..?

"You don't think so? Fine, whatever." He starts walking towards the beach house. "I'm not talking to either of you until you apologize!"

"Fuck that.." I mumble, giving up on standing and climbing on Kotetsu's back. "Kyoka you said that doctor would be here soon?" I question, feeling a subtle stinging in my back. 

"Yes, let's all head to the house. Haruhi you can get looked over too, just to make sure." Kyoya says, gently pushing her towards the beach house as the rest of us follow.

"Tetsu-Chan.." I murmur, all of a sudden feeling exhausted and worn out.

"Hm?" He says softly. I can feel eyes staring at us. Probably because they've never seen me this 'cute' or 'vulnerable' before. I internally roll my eyes before continuing.

"I lost my knife up there." I pout quietly, nestling my head in his shoulder.

"You mean this one?" Hikaru asks, and I look up to see him holding it. "We found it while beating up those guys."

"Yea that's the one~" I smile slightly, reaching out and grabbing it. "Thanks Hikaru." 

"I'm Kaoru."

"Sure okay." I lay my head back on Kotetsu's shoulder.

"Ryu-Chan are you okay? Your owies don't hurt do they?" Huni asks and I glance down at him. He was soaking wet with a towel over his shoulders. Did he dive in and grab me?

Sighing, I look back ahead, "They're sore Huni." I mumble, deciding to talk since he basically saved me. "And thanks.."

"Hm~!"

We all get inside and Kotetsu carries me to my room, setting me on the bed. A doctor comes in about 5 minutes later, and tells me that I scraped my back pretty bad and that it would be bruised and sensitive. Okay. Kotetsu already left for dinner, and I took a shower, washing the salt off of me, and then changing into a big sweater that went just above my knees, it was red, and hung off my shoulder. 

Just as i'm about to lay back down, someone knocks on the door. I groan, telling them to come in. "It's dinnertime Ryu-Chan, are you coming with us~?" He asks and I walk over to him, sighing and nodding.

"Might as well have an awkward dinner with everyone. But i'm not eating anything." I tell him as we walk down the hall. I see Haruhi got summoned by Mori. We all sit down, and ironically Haruhi's sitting next to Tamaki while i'm across from him. Great. No one was eating, and it was awkwardly silent. I put my head down on the table, playing with the hem of my sweater.

"These are the crabs we caught earlier, let's dig in!" Huni says, breaking the silence and everyone slowly eats, besides me. and Haruhi eats quickly. She'll get sick.

"Jeez don't you think you've had enough?" Tamaki asks her after she's finished like three entire crabs.

"Excuse me? I thought you weren't talking to me."

"A-and you Ryuko, why aren't you eating?" Tamaki asks, ignoring Haruhi's statement. In response to him, I just put up the finger. He wants to play this game, fine. I notice him glare, and he stands up, slamming his napkin onto the ground.

"If you two won't apologize then i'm going to bed! Kyoya, would you show me to my room?" Tamaki asks, and Kyoya excuses himself and the both leave. After they're gone, I slowly sit back up, leaning back in my seat. Haruhi was all sad now.

"Don't let the bastard get to you Haruhi, he's just being stubborn." I tell her, and she smiles weakly.

'Y'know he said that because he was worried." Kotetsu says, and I look over at him.

"We all were, really." The twins say, and I look at them, shocked.

"Worried?" Haruhi and I murmur, and then she gets all cutesy and apologizes. Everyone coos, forgetting about me for the moment and going to hug her. Slowly, her face turns green and she rushes out to go puke. I chuckle slightly.

"Thanks guys, for worrying about me. But I can take care of myself just fine. Yes I know Huni had to come rescue me, but that was only because of the bandages I had around my chest. When they get wet, they get tighter and with the wind already knocked out of me, I couldn't breathe." I explain, and I see the twins give me creepy looks.

"Why haven't you eaten~?"

"I'm not hungry." I say, not wanting to tell them.

"Have you ever tried it~?"

"Nope."

"Try it."

"No." 

"C'mon, try it~" The prod, grabbing a crab leg and pushing it towards my mouth.

"Hey you two, cut it out." Kotetsu says, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me back.

"Aw, Kotetsu what was that for?"

"She's allergic to crab you dumbasses." Kotetsu says blankly, and I giggle at their surprised faces.

"What he said. Anyway, I'm gonna head back to my room." I say, and inch towards the door, before walking down the hall. I bump into Tamaki. I glare at him and he looks all sad. I sigh, "I'm sorry that you worried Tamaki, but I can take care of myself, okay?" I say, and give him a very brief hug before hurrying down the hall to my room before he can respond or react.

I grab my earbuds, putting them in and then going to the window. It's already dark out, and the clouds look like it'll rain. I smile, reaching to the bottom of my bag and pulling out my box of cigarettes.

"Good evening~" A creepy voice says, making me shout in alarm and quickly stuff the box in my shirt. Turning around I see a guy in a cloak.

"Who're you? God don't scare people like that." I mumble. He walks over and lights a candle that's on the nightstand. The lights weren't on.

"I'm Nekozawa, this is my beach house. I hope you are having a good time, yes?" He asks, and I look at him closer.

Reaching my hand out, I pull down his cloak and the wig off. "Yea, sure." I smile slightly, seeing his blonde hair. He looks down at me and a blush crosses his cheeks. "You look nice without that wig Nekozawa. The cloak is pretty cool though~" 

"Thank you.. you see, i'm allergic to sunlight, so I wear this cloak and wig to protect me. Even so, I don't like bright lights." He explains, pulling the hood of his cloak back up, but keeping the wig off. I nod in understanding. Nekozawa is chill. I like him. 

"I wonder why I never see you at school?" I ask, leaning back against the wall.

"I'm a third year, and typically the last one to get to class." He laughs nervously. "Most other times, i'm in the black magic room." 

"Oh you do black magic, that's cool." 

"Ryu-Nee~" Kotetsu sings, popping his head into the room. "Oh hello, you must be Nekozawa-Senpai. Thanks for letting us use your beach house." Neko nods and then smiles to me (creepily, though I loved it) and takes his leave. "Wanna go for a walk?" Kotetsu asks after the door closes.

I nod, smiling. I swear he can read my mind~ We both love walking in the rain. We both walk outside, where the air has cooled and it's started to mist. I pull out the cigarettes and light one up. Kotetsu frowns, but doesn't say anything, he knows I won't quit. He's tried a lot in the past. We talk about aimless things, walking along the beach and slowly getting drenched in the warm rain. 

"What do you think the guys are doing?" I ask as a flash of lightning goes across the sky.

"Cleaning up dinner, fooling around, picking on Tamaki." Kotetsu lists things off, making us both laugh. We get to the cave and stand underneath it to get out from some of the rain. I take a drag from the cigarette, sighing. 

"This is nice.."

"Yea..~"

"I think I may be getting fond of all of those idiots." I murmur, a playful smirk on my face as Kotetsu laughs at me, astonished.

"I'm not an idiot Ryu-Chan!" Huni's voice says from behind me, making me scream and flip him over my shoulder.

"Huni!" I shout, and glare down at him, He just giggles, then gasps at seeing my cigarette. I huff, dropping it and stomping it out. "Don't follow people you bastard."

"I wanted to talk with you Ryu-Chan~" He says, sitting up. My mind instantly runs back to the time in the club room with that damn cookie.

"I'll just give you some alone time then.." Kotetsu trails off, and starts walking.

"Don't leave me with him!" I groan, and Huni stands up, giggling.

"So I didn't know you smoked.. Y'know it's bad for you right, Ryu-Chan?" He asks me, his hands clasped behind his back as he rocks on the balls of his feet.

"No durh dipshit." I mumble, bending down to pick up the little crushed stick. I won't litter on the beach. 

"So why do you do it?"

"Stress relief."

"You're stressed?"

"Most of the time." Why am I telling him this? I glare at myself.

"Why?"

"None of your business. Bud out." I mumble, feeling a blush crawl to my face. Why the hell would I be blushing!?

"But I wanna know, is it because of us? Or something else?" God 20 questions is annoying.

"Something else."

"Like family stuff?" He questions. I don't notice him inching closer to me, but I subconsciously take a step to the side.

"Sure, you could say that."

"Explain?" He asks, moving closer to me.

"No, you don't need to know about my personal life. I'm sure Kyoka has dug up some stuff- Hey back off!" I yell. My back was against the rock wall as he stood in front of me. I glare at him.

"Please tell me?" He questions, placing a hand on my arm. Instead of slapping it away, I feel a trail of fire beneath his touch, making my body shiver.

"I don't want to." 

"I just wanna help Ryuko, you shouldn't be smoking." He says, trailing his hand up my arm.

"S-since when did you say my full name?" I stutter, feeling the trail of fire burn up my arm. "You must be serious." I let a smirk cross my lips. Huni frowns. "I don't want to quit, so good luck trying. My parents stressed me out enough, and this just proves another way i'm rebelling against-" 

He kisses me. Again. My heartbeat quickens fastly, and I do the first thing that comes to mind, I push him away. He falls back on the sand.

"B-bastard! Quit doing that will you!? Ugh I can't concentrate when you do that! If you think winning me over'll get me to soften up to you, you're wrong. My parents are my business. You've stolen my sweets, and my first kiss. You're not stealing the thing that keeps me sane." I glare at him before walking back off in the rain. 

"Onee-Chan what's wrong?" Kotetsu asks as I stomp past him.

"I don't want to talk about it." I grumble, and I go back inside, heading for my room. Falling onto the bed, I scream into a pillow. My skin still burns with that fiery feeling. I can't tell if it's good or bad.

Hey guys this is a really long chapter XDD Like 4000 words. Whoops~ Anyway, you guys deserve it anyway ^^ Have faith, have fun, peace out~

~LK411

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.8K 43
OFFICIALLY COMPLETED Kinda · *splashes glitter and red rose petals in face* Kyoya has always been....well stalking people. You can put it that way. A...
232K 6.1K 24
Enrolled in the all-prestigious Ouran High School, Fujioka Haruhi should be delighted. However, being in the Host Club was not something she had plan...
29.9K 991 34
As you all know that Ouran Academy is a school for the rich and beautiful. Unless you are like Haruhi who is an intelligent, crossdressing commoner...
290K 10.3K 36
*#1 in #kaoru* Azami Fujioka arrived at Ouran Academy with her younger sister, Haruhi, on a scholarship in hopes to get a better education. She was s...