Everything I've Needed (A Jac...

By Asnowfallkindoflove

Lucy Clearwater was born and raised in LaPush, but had to leave it all behind when she was fourteen to go to... More

Everything I've Needed (A Jacob Black Love Story)
Goodbyes Are The Hardest Thing (Ch 2)
More Letters (Ch 3)
Just Ten Days (Ch 4)
Goodbye, New York (Ch 5)
Seeing Her (Ch 6)
Different And Yet The Same (Ch 7)
Who Would Have Thought (Ch 8)
Just 15 Minutes After Arriving.. (Ch 9)
Guilt (Ch 10)
More Time With Jake... And The Rest Of The Guys, Of Course.. (Ch 11)
Not Too Jetlagged For Jake (Ch 12)
Enchanting Eyes (Ch 13)
Breakfast With The Boys.. And Jake (Ch 14)
Lovin' Every Minute (Ch 15)
My Necessity (Ch 16)
Bonfire (Ch 17)
Breakfast for The Boys (Ch 18)
Couples Retreat.. Well, not really.. (Ch 19)
Two Things For Sure.. (Ch 20)
Conversations and Patrol (Ch 21)
Chatting With Emily (Ch 22)
So Much (Ch 23)
Empty Spaces (Ch 24)
Taking It (Ch 25)
Two Puzzle Pieces (Ch 26)
Not A Dream (Ch 27)
The Crazy (Ch 28)
Soulmates (Ch 29)
Going Under (Ch 30)
Warmth (Ch 31)
Invincible (Ch 32)
Worry (Ch 33)
Double-O-Seven (Ch 35)
Parasites and Dogs (Ch 36)
Ball And Chain (Ch 37)
What The Hell Is A Brag Sheet? (Ch 38)
Doppleganger (Ch 39)
Jeremiah DeLuca (Ch 40)
Unknown History (Ch 41)
Illegal Stress (Ch 4)
Hot And Heavy Future (Ch 43)
Thank You, Sam. (Ch 44)
Nothing (Ch 45)
Vicodin (Ch 46)

Not Invincible (Ch 34)

13.7K 236 35
By Asnowfallkindoflove

LUCY POV

“Paul, who is it?”

“He’s going to be okay.” He squeezed my shoulder and ran out the door.

At that moment I felt like my throat had closed up. My breaths became shorter and cut off as my heart nearly froze in my chest. A creeping feeling ran up my chest, up my neck, and into my face making my heart pound even more.

“Emily” I turned to her only seeing her blurry figure through my teary eyes.

“Luce.” She pulled me into a hug. “Paul said he was okay.”

“No.” I shook my head, now sobbing. “Paul said he was going to be okay. And he was just trying to calm me down.”

“Shh Lucy. It’s okay.”

I pushed myself off of her. “It’s not okay, Em! Nothing is okay! Jake is out there bleeding and I just.. I.. I don’t know what to do.” I sat down on the stairs and held my head in my hands.

“Lucy. Listen to me. This isn’t the first time one of them got hurt while out there. He’s going to be fine just like he was fine all those other times. He’s going to be fine.” She repeated taking my head in her hands and making me look at her.

I nodded, sniffling. “I’m still worried.”

“I’ll get you a tissue”

Just then my phone rang with Kim’s name again. “Did you hear anything?” I asked immediately.

“No. Lucy. I’m getting this really unbearable sinking feeling. I feel like something happened to Jared. Did you hear anything?”

“Uh.. yeah..” I took the tissue from Em and blew my nose. “Jake got hurt but they’re helping him out.”

Kim gasped. “Oh my God. Lucy I’m sorry. I hope he’s okay.”

I started to cry again and nodded. “Me too. Listen I can’t really talk, but I’ll call you as soon as I hear anything.”

“Okay.”

I put my phone down and buried my head in my hands, letting my tears fall. I hope I was overreacting. I really did. Every fiber within me hoped to God that my tears were going to waste because Jake really was fine. And that he was just going to be walking in here with that same perfect smile on his face and that same perfectly flawless body completely unscathed.

An hour. The longest hour of my life. I sat there at the steps, staring at the door. Emily tried to get me to watch some television with her, but I refused. It was already ten at night and usually I would have been asleep by now because of my flu, with Jake right beside me. But I didn’t feel sleepy at all. Even if I had to wait until the next morning, I was willing to sit here and do just that.

However that wasn’t the case because at ten thirty, the door opened revealing Sam and Seth each at Jake’s side supporting him. I jumped up from where I sat and went to them.

“Jake!”

He seemed to be walking fine on his own; however his right shoulder and right ribs were bandaged up with white gauze. I stopped them from walking further and stood in front of him, stretching up to my toes and placing my hands on either side of his face. Although his face was contorted in pain, he offered me a smile and wiped a stray tear on my cheek with his thumb.

“What happened?”

“Hold on a sec Luce, let’s just get him to the couch.”

“I can get myself.” Jake let go of them both and walked over to Emily, a hand tightly pressed against his side.

Emily ran her hand through his hair and got up, wrapping her arms around Sam and burying her face in his chest. He stroked her hair and mumbled something to her. But I wasn’t paying attention.

Seth walked back to the kitchen and left Jake to me.

“What happened?” I whispered, sitting beside him and cupping his neck.

He shivered at my touch, but brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my palm softly.

“I’m fine, baby. Don’t worry.”

I shook my head. “No you’re not. I outlined his bandage on his ribs. “Did he.. Is he..?”

He nodded. “Yeah, Paul and Leah took care of him. Kinda wish they got to him earlier though.” He chuckled, but groaned and clutched his side.

I hated seeing him like this, but I didn’t want to cry in front of him and make him feel worse. But I couldn’t help it. I’d never seen Jake so.. fragile. I had been under the notion that nobody could ever hurt him, but now that it was proven completely untrue, it set a whole chain of horrible thoughts through my head. Every time he would be out patrolling now I wouldn’t be able to think of anything but him potentially getting injured. And he was Beta. He was out there all the time.

“hey.” Jake softly said, pushing my hair behind my ear. “what’s this?”

I shook my head and looked away, trying to hide my tears from him. But he of course insisted and moved my face back so it was looking at him. His thumbs worked quickly, wiping my cheeks off and he kept his hands there.

“I’m okay. Worse has happened, babe.”

“I can’t imagine worse happening to you. I can’t even bear to see you like this.”

“Don’t be upset.” He pushed his forehead onto mine.

“How can I not? Look at you.” I pressed my hand flat against his hurt ribs.

“Yeah, Luce look at him.” Seth interrupted, taking a seat in the armchair. “Kid gets attacked by a crazy bloodsucker, bitten shoulder and fractured ribs and he still looks good as new.”

My eyes widened. Bitten? “You got.. bitten by a vampire?” I looked to my boyfriend.

He nodded, “But as you can see I’m fine. And so is Jared.”

“Jared? Jared got hurt too?”

He nodded. “Broken arm but it should mend in a few hours.”

“I can’t believe Kim was right.” I breathed out. “She said she had this horrible feeling, but I told her you were the one hurt.”

“Jared’s over there right now anyway,” Seth answered. “And now that you’re here safe, I can finally get on home and listen to Leah brag about her capture.” He stood up and headed for the door. “Bye Dumbles, bye VampWolf.” He waved before leaving.

I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“Maybe I should keep Seth around if that’s what it takes to make you smile.”Jake traced my lips with his finger.

I turned to him. “You make me smile. Just not when you’re in pain.” I pouted.

He took advantage and bent down with a groan and kissed it away. I kept my lips on him and sat on my knees so he didn’t have to bend down for me. I wrapped one arm around his neck and rubbed his injury with my other hand while he placed his at my sides. He groaned against me, but I knew it wasn’t out of pain. One of his hands slid down to my thigh and lifted it so it was on his other side. I tried my hardest not to lean against him and leaned away. As usual, his lips chased mine, but I stopped him as I caught my breath.

“Why do you always pull away?” He whispered in a throaty tone before kissing along my jaw line.

“I.. can’t breathe through my nose.” I breathed out, closing my eyes and enjoying what he was doing.

“Oh. Right. Sorry, babe.” He gave my lips one final peck.

But I leaned in again and turned it into something more. As it was getting more heated, the front door opened and Seth walked in, of course Jake and I didn’t realize at that second. We just ignored it.

“Whoa. I see Nurse Lucy is on the job.”

We both pulled away and looked at him.

“What are you doing back here?” Jacob asked as I got off of him. It was just awkward with Seth standing there.

“Sure as hell not to watch the two of you make little wolf babies.” He chuckled, picking up a random strewn shirt.

Jacob whipped a pillow at him and Seth just left. “I just needed my shirt. Carry on.”

After he left, I laid my head against Jacob’s good shoulder and wrapped my arm across his stomach. He ran his hands through my locks and kissed the top of my head.

“Are you feeling any better?” He asked.

“You’re the injured one and you’re asking me if I’m feeling better?” I looked up at him.

He nodded like it was common knowledge. “I know I’m going to be fine. Accelerated healing. And my girl is sick.”

“Did it hurt?” I stroked the bandage. I kept my eyes on it, and for some reason the way it looked was kind of a turn on. I know.. but just the way his stomach muscles were so toned and cut around the bandage and it just laid flat like that. I can’t explain it.

I felt him nod.

“What did it feel like?” I looked up this time.

“Like.. someone took a heated pitchfork and stabbed my shoulder with it.”

I winced at the description and subconsciously rubbed it for him.

“How long is it going to take to heal?”

“Oh, like two hours and I’ll be fine. At least the wounds will be. The fracture might take a few more hours.”

“My poor baby.” I pouted and rubbed his neck. “Are you going to turn into a vampire now?”

Jake laughed. “No. The venom didn’t really set. Carlisle sucked it out in time.”

I gasped. “Who’s Carlisle?”

“Oh, he’s one of the Cullens, a vamp coven in Forks. You remember, right?” He pushed my bangs back and kissed my forehead. It was a habit of his, and he always would fix them again for me.

“Yeah.. the nice ones you told me about?”

“mhm.” He nodded. “Carlisle’s a doctor. And since none of us can exactly go to the hospital, he’s kind of ours”

‘Oh. Well that’s good. I’ll have to thank this Carlisle. He saved my you.”

“Your me?”

“Yah. My” I pointed to myself. “You.” I pointed to him.

“Ah,” he laughed. “You’re too cute, Luce.”

“Eh. It comes and goes.” I shrugged.

“How about you? How’s my girl? Feeling any better?”

I shook my head. “No. Maybe tomorrow.”

“Head still hurts?” His hand rubbed my head as I nodded. “Aw, well your fever is going down.”

“Thank God.” I coughed away from his face.

He rubbed my back soothingly.

“It’s disgusting.” I groaned.

“It’s not, but your voice is getting harder and harder to hear.”

“I know” I frowned. “What if it goes away forever?”

Jake laughed harder at this, but stopped again, holding on to his side and groaning in pain.

“We make some couple.” I told him. “One’s nearly crippled and the other sounds like an ancient wizard according to Seth.”

Jake chuckled again, “I think it sounds very sexy.”He whispered and pulled my face closer to him before planting a kiss on me.

“Lies.” I whispered against his mouth and kissed him back.

Jake started out the kiss soft and gentle, leaning into me. I fought the urge to lean back all the way so that he was on top, knowing it would hurt him so I just pressed myself harder against him. His mouth moved swiftly against mine and before long his tongue was running across my lips and asking for entrance which I immediately granted. I sighed against him and grabbed at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. One of his hands ran up my back and to my head, holding me in place. I couldn’t help the moan that escaped my mouth and I could feel his smirk on my lips as I tugged on his neck to pull him closer, if that was even possible. Jake leaned forward, attempting to set me down on my back, but he let out a grunt of pain and pulled away, biting his lip. I pushed him so he was straight again and climbed over his lap so we were in the same position as before when Seth interrupted. I sat on his lap facing him and pressed my lips against his again, this time asking for his permission to go in. He eagerly opened his mouth and our tongues met. He allowed his hands to explore, rubbing my back and right above my bum. Again I had to pull away because I l was losing major oxygen, but to make up for it I took Jake’s usual job of planting kiss all along the face, getting the nose, eyes, and jaw line.

“You just stole my move” He whispered with a smirk.

“Are you complaining?” I breathed out, open mouthed against his lips.

“Hell no.” He attacked my lips with his mouth and I smiled.

It was perfect. Everything about this boy was perfect. And this moment was perfect. But then I had to ruin it. A while after we started this whole heated session, I was still leaning against Jake, both of us hungrily kissing the other. And then I sneezed. It just came out of nowhere, but I sneezed right into Jake’s mouth. I quickly pulled away, my mouth agape and my eyes wide. Jake’s eyebrows were up and he was clearly surprised as well. He brought his hand up and wiped his face before laughing.

“Oh my God.” I groaned, burying my face in my hands. “I’m sorry.”

He was laughing even harder now, becoming hysterical. But holding his side.

“Stoooooppp” I whined. “Jaaaake. This is so embarrassing.”

“I think we are on a whole new level in our relationship.” He cackled.

Fuck my life. This would happen. I continued to hide my face, but it wasn’t long before Jake pulled my hands off and planted a kiss.

“Would it make you feel better if I cough on you?” He tried to say it without laughing, but failed.

“Shut upppp.” I moaned but of course he just continued to guffaw.

Continue Reading