Royal Pain (Book One)***Compl...

By romolavinia91

Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the... More

1. The Beginning
3. Tackle Time
4. Date With Darius
5. Ice Cream With a Vampire
6. History Lesson
7. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
8. Innocent Culprits
9. Predator vs. Prey
10. Guilty Mind
11. First Elimination
12. Butterflies and Shock Waves...
13. Never Beg for Mercy
14. An Unwanted Surprise
15. Nothing's Ever Fair
16. To Defy a Vampire
17. Hidden Little Secret
18. Rebels With A Cause
19. Beach Bums
20. Mask of Many Faces
21. Comforting Times
22. Sleepless Night
23. Struggles of the Heart
24. Promiscuous Ways
25. Birthday Wishes
26. Confessions
27. Waking To A Dream
28. Broken Dreams
29. Distractions
30. Chosen Queen
THE END
BONUS

2. The New World

357K 4.5K 589
By romolavinia91

So "Royal Pain" is featured in C.B.Y Book Club as the book of the month. Its an interview on me. So check it out on their wattpad page   http://www.wattpad.com/17356369-c-b-y-book-club-book-of-the-month-botm

OR their blog page http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/botm-royal-pain.html 
it is also on the external link on the side of this page.

And with this feature you can also enter the scavenger hunt and win a prize. For all of you fans it will be a simple task of answering ten questions about my book "Royal Pain". Put yourself to the test. How well do you know my book?

Check it out here at  http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/royal-pain-scavenger-hunt.html

Whoever wins the scavenger questions will be the lucky person who gets me to read their book and comment. 

Please remember to VOTE for "Embracing Pain"  I promise more is to come. I'm not done telling the story of Deva.

Here's the link to vote. It will be under the vampire category http://www.wattpad.com/wattys/showcase

________________________________________________

Deva began to stir as she tried to pull out of her restless sleep. She forced her eyes open even though it hurt to do so. She took in the site of the bed covers surrounding her and tried to remember how she got there but nothing came to mind. She had no idea how she got into the comfortable bed she was now lying in. She turned her head to the side and saw a man staring at her in amusement. She didn't flinch back or show any fear. She just stared back at the familiar features. The dark grey-blue eyes were now searching into hers as if trying to intimidate. His face looked like the same strong jaw line, sharp nose, nice luscious lips but there was something different in the way he was looking at her. 

He stood up from the chair across the room and went to sit on the side of the bed. She felt the bed dip as his face came into view. He was right above her and with him up close she could tell he was not the same man from last night.

He didn't say anything only stared at her face.
"Who are you?" She finally asked because the curiosity was really getting to her.

"You don't remember last night?" The same velvet deep voice responded.

"I do and I've never seen you before."

"Why would you say that?" He studied her face, not believing her statement. He was playing with her and she knew it.

"The man I met yesterday was named Marcus. The man sitting in front of me now may look exactly like him but he is not the same man."

The Marcus look-a-like smirked and his eyes caressed her with fascination. "Clever girl." He responded crossing his big arms over his muscular chest. Deva couldn't believe how alike they were, in size and everything. But she was good with faces so she knew something was off.
"I'm Darius, Marcus' brother."
Deva finally pushed up and leaned against the headboard. She stared back into Darius' eyes and also crossed her arms over her chest. "Alright Darius, do you mind explaining why I am here?"

He smiled and Deva also noticed it curving more to the left side of his face compared to Marcus' smile. "All will be explained this morning. For now get washed up and ready. There will be a girl by the name of Amy that will take you to the study room where all your questions will be answered."

She wanted so badly to demand him to just tell her knew but for some reason she knew he wouldn't tell her. She nodded her head in acknowledgment.

 He stood up and walked to the door but stopped. "By the way you have a roommate who is in the bathroom now."

Roommate? She thought as she finally got out of bed. Darius was gone by the time the bathroom door flew open. A tall brunette girl with bouncy curls came out looking just as confused.
"Hey," the girl said awkwardly as she approached Deva. "I'm Lacey."
"Deva."
Lacey gave her a small smile then turned to stare around the extravagant room. Deva did the same since she hadn't already. The room was plenty of big for two people with two full beds on either side of the room. The walls were covered in elegant red and gold Victorian wallpaper that gave the room a feel of old glamour. The bedpost, night stands, and tables were all a dark brown wood that went well with the feel of the decor.

"So," Lacey trailed off. "You know what's going on?"

"Nope, but apparently all will be explained this morning."

"Great because I really want to know what the heck is going on," the girl exasperated.
"Me too."

Deva took the time to study the girl. She was very pretty and looked like the type of girl that would fold under the pressure of any situation.
"You're taking this situation kind of lightly." Deva said in a raspy voice.

"I guess it's because nothing harsh has really happened. I mean if we were thrown in some kind of basement and were beaten then hell yeah I would be scared but look at where we are. It just seems strange. This room is gorgeous and nothing bad has happened to me yet. All I did was met a breathtaking handsome guy one minute than the next I wake up here. To be honest I don't know what to think or feel."
Deva nodded in agreement. "I know exactly what you mean."

Deva went to bathroom and splashed some water onto her face. None of this made sense. Why is she here? Why is Lacey? Too many questions. Deva pushed them aside and noticed a new toothbrush on the sink. She rolled her eyes and started to use it. Might as well play along she thought to herself.
When she stepped out of the bathroom there was a woman who looked like she was around twenty-five standing next to Lacey. The woman was pretty and had short blond hair that shined as she turned her head to face Deva.
"Are you ready?" She asked.

Deva nodded. She assumed the lady was Amy from what Darius had told her. She wore a simple black dress with comfortable wedges. She led the girls out of the room and into the grand hall. The whole place was beautifully romantic with the Victorian appeal to it. As they entered the study Deva noticed seven other girls in the same room that looked just as confused. There were blondes, brunettes, and even a red surrounded the huge room. When they finally got close to the group Deva noticed a familiar black haired girl.

"Julia," she cried. Her dear friend turned around revealing her suspicion.

"Oh Dev I can't believe you're here too." She said pulling Deva into a hug.

"I can't believe you're here."

"I know, I know." They pulled apart and examined each other. "Are you okay?"
Deva smiled. "I'm fine. Are you?"

"Peachy, if it wasn't for this predicament we were in."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

Then pulling the ladies out of their conversation with a clearing of the throat, all eyes turned to the noise in front of them. There stood three beautiful gorgeous men that looked identical in every way. Their dark brown hair slightly curled at the ends, their dark piercing blue-grey eyes scanning through the women, their pale skin accenting their flawless features. They gave no indication of danger but more of interest and intrigue.
The one in the middle stepped closer, which Deva knew as Darius from the look in his eyes. All the girls seemed to be awestruck as they took in the hot men before them. Julia even stepped closer to get a better look.

"Hello ladies," he started off hoping to get the women's attention and put them at ease. "We know that all of you may be confused right now but we're here to clear a few things."
So many ideas were rushing through Deva's head but she forced them back not wanting to waste time on silly theories she had on the mysterious men.

"You all are here for a very important reason. You were specifically chosen by each one of us because we saw something in you."

He took a dramatic pause to scan the room filled with faces. Deva took a step back and sat on the wooden table behind her. "My brothers and I as you can tell are identical. But you don't know is that we’re not human. We are vampires and you are now in the vampire world."
Deva wanted to laugh at his comment because it was so insane but looking at their serious faces she kept it in.

"I don't believe this," one of the girls said from the front.
Darius smirked just like his brothers were doing.

"Do you want me to prove it?" Before she could answer him he was standing in front of her with her neck in his hands. He was pulling her up in the air, using no effort at all. The sounds of gasps were coming from every girl. Darius put the struggling blond girl back on her feet. She threw her hands up protectively around her neck but Darius didn't let go. He pulled her hands away forcing them down. She whined but he only gave her a devilish smile. He leaned into her neck and bared his sharp teeth at her. The blond felt his fangs scratching at her neck. 

"Do you need any more proof?"

"N-no." She said with a shaky voice.

He pulled his hand away and stepped back. Leaving her with nothing else he went back to stand by his brothers.
"I am Darius. This is Marcus," he pointed to his left then to his right, "and Lucian. We are the three princes of the vampire world in this kingdom. The reason you are here is because we are looking for our future queen. One of you lucky ladies will be the next ruler of our kingdom and will have one of us by your side."

Deva couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Why a human? Did you run out of vampiresses?" Deva asked with total mock in her last question.

She saw Marcus chuckle. "They're not as sweet," Marcus replied playing with Deva with his eyes. She smirked, not sure whether to be scared or amused. She decided to play along. "Not all humans are sweet Marcus. Have you met the Germans? I’m pretty sure their venomous."

That did it she even got Darius to crack a chuckle. Julia laughed too from beside her.
"I guess you're right, love. But to answer your question we need a human who knows nothing of our world in order for us to sculpt and shape their minds into what a strong and presentable queen should be."

"So basically you are looking for a young girl who is a virgin to your vampire world."
Darius smiled devilishly at her choice of words. "Precisely."

"Well aren't we lucky." Deva said rolling her eyes.
"You should be honored."

Deva raised her eyes to the voice that spoke because it sounded like the rest of the guys but she knew it wasn't Marcus or Darius.
Lucian had now stepped in her direction.

"So honored dear prince, and privileged." She said in mock tone as she watched the hard expression on his face. "But one must wonder if it wise to trust or believe a vampire who had just kidnapped you and taken you away from the world you once knew."
"You don't have much of a choice now do you, little one."

She narrowed her eyes. How dare he call her little one? She was not a child but as she thought about it she remembered he was immortal. He had probably lived for many years.
Darius broke their hard stare. "Now ladies I believe that some of you are hungry so if you will follow us we shall enter the dining room."

The three princes stepped to their right facing the door and practically walked in sync as they exited the room. The girls still looked confused and two were even crying. The blond that had her neck straggled was still covering her wound.
The girls slowly began to follow the princes down the elegant grand hall. The dark wood of the walls made the feel of the narrow hall seem that much more gloomy. They entered into a massive eating den that had a table setting for 20 people. The table was already set with food that smelled divine. 

Some of the girls headed for the table Deva stood her ground and waited till the rest were seated. Julia stood next to her and whispered something in Romanian. 

One of the princes stopped and turned to face them. His toxic ocean blue eyes fell on Julia. “What did you say?”

Deva swallowed hard and knew she’d regret what was going to come out of her mouth. “It doesn’t concern you so why should we tell you?”

His eyes grew impatience and irritated. “Because I am prince and you are in my world now.”

His demanding voice only infuriated Deva to no means. Why do guys have to be so controlling? “You must be a delusional prince if you think you can scare me enough to tell you.”

He took a very intimidating step towards her. “I suggest you show some respect before I teach you some.”

“I don’t think I can respect someone so self-absorbed or demanding. You should get a dog. I’ve heard they’re loyal.” She turned to walk to the table but the prince grabbed her hand and she winced from his hard grip.

Lucian looked really pissed as he gazed into her eyes. “Shall I teach you then?”

“What’s the point I’d never use it?”

Before she could even grasp it, Lucian’s hand ran across her face. The hard stroke made her fall to her knees and the sting on her cheek was throbbing. “Well we can cross prince charming off your resume.”

“You will learn how to speak to royalty soon enough,” Lucian replied with a stern look on his face.

“Will you beat it in me?”

Deva watched as his eyes softened. Was that regret or pity she saw in them? But before she could find out Darius’ voice chimed in.

"I think it’s time to eat.”

The girls nodded their heads as everyone took a seat. Deva sat at the very end, the farthest away from the princes. She kept in her groans as she positioned herself in the cushion of the seat.
The princes began to ask the girls random questions and then also explaining a few rules.

"You are free to go about the castle even the gardens. There are vampire guards stationed through the castle and its gates. There is no point in trying to escape so try and stay out of trouble. We promise no harm will come to you if you follow these simple rules." Darius flashed the girls a brilliant and irresistible smile. 

"We will be spending time with each one of you to get to know you all personally. We promise to make this adventurous stay worth your wild." Marcus said with a seductive smile playing on his lips.

The girls had no hope in resisting the three devilishly handsome charming princes. And so some of the girls began to relax and really started enjoy themselves. They were talking to three beautifully gorgeous men that wanted to claim one of them queen. The girls were starting to see the upside of their situation and decided to take it with open arms. And looking into the princes' handsome grey-blue eyes they were all captured into the toxic domain and pulled into the universe that surrounded the three princes. Deva didn't hear much of their conversations. Her thoughts were trailing off and she found herself wondering if her family figured out she was missing.

She heard someone clear their throat and pulled her attention to that person. It was Marcus and he was staring right at her.
"So love care to tell us where your mind was wondering to?"

"Not really."

He frowned. "Not even for something in return?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"How about a piece of cheesecake?" He grinned which made Deva silently giggle to herself.

"Not going to cut it."

"I can think of another way for you to tell me which also involves dessert but on certain body parts of yours."

Deva blushed and shook her head. Marcus was such a big flirt but she enjoyed his playfulness. "Tempting."

Darius shot his brother Marcus a glare and stood up. "If you ladies will join us on the balcony. It is a lovely night tonight and it should be enjoyed."

The girls instantly got up joining the three men. Deva stood back a little and turned the other way to the exit door. As she took a step she felt someone grab her arm.
"Where do you think you are going?" His low velvet voice filled her ears.
"The restroom." She said turning to stare into Lucian's eyes.

He softened his hard face and nodded his head. He slowly let her go and she returned to walking towards the door. As she opened the doors she saw one of the butlers standing just outside.
"Excuse me can you point me towards the kitchen."

He smiled warmly and said, "I'll personally show you where it is my lady."

"Thank you."

The tall butler led her down the hall in to the left where they entered a white door. The kitchen was fairly large and modern. Deva heard the footsteps of the butler fade way and she made her way to the man in the middle of the kitchen.

"Ciao." He quickly responded.

"Ciao," she smiled. He was a middle aged man with a stained apron covering he faintly large belly.

"What can I do for you bella?" He asked her in a very thick Italian accent.

"I am in need of a drink. Do you have any wine or any type of liquor you can spare?"

He smiled and raised is brow. "Is there any particular reason for this drink?"

"I'm in physical pain. I just need something to dull the sore."

The Italian man quickly nodded and walked across the room pouring some liquor inside of a cup for her. She gratefully took it and said her thanks while making her way to the door.
She didn't want the princes to think she had run off so she quickly made her way back to the dining room to join the others. She entered the room and walked out the doors to the balcony. The night sky was already fading to pink and purple. She soaked in the beautiful view as she took a sip of her drink. It was strong, very strong. The Italian did not play around when it came down to liquor she thought. Good thing she liked her drinks strong or else she would have spit it back out as soon as it hit her mouth. 

Deva heard giggles coming from her left and turned to find the girls crowded around the princes. Even Julia was trying to grab the attention of one of them. Deva let out a small sigh as she felt a pain soar through her back when she turned.
She took another gulp and savored the burn as it went down like lava through her throat. She loved the feeling, welcomed, and embraced it knowing it would dull any pain she felt.

As she turned back to the view of the gardens she felt a hand on her shoulder. She didn't want to turn because she anticipated the pain that would come of it.

"You leave for the restrooms and return with very strong brandy in hand."

She didn't have to turn around to know that it was Lucian. His voice was low and sleek.
"It's to help with the pain." She took another sip. "Either you purposely strike me too hard or you didn't know your own strength."

"It has been awhile since I've been around humans."

She raised her brow. "How long exactly?" Curiosity finally hitting her.

"This personal, a decade or two."

"Well a group of love struck/desperate women should cure you very soon." She giggled to herself. He had no idea what he got himself into. Barely knowing any of the women yet she knew what they were thinking and what they wanted from the three god-like princes.
He smirked.

Without any more words Deva began to descend the stone stair leading the garden. The brick path leading into the wild flower maze reminded Deva of her father's garden. Her heart sunk at the thought of never seeing him again. She stole a glance behind her to see the massive castle she had just come from. It was large and looked like something out of the story books. It was stunning and literally made Deva take a step back.

"You'll get used to it." She heard what she assumed Lucian, say in her ear.

"Have you always lived here?"

"Yes. We actually helped build it."

Deva finally tore her eyes off of the beautiful building. "It looks ancient."

He laughed. "Perhaps it is."

She continued walking with Lucian right beside her. "How old are you?"

"For humans isn't it considered rude to ask that question?"

"Yes but you're not human?" She stated.

"I'm over 500 years old."

Deva stopped and shook her head mumbling something like, "This is unbelievable."

"You'll believe it soon enough."

"I don't think so."

He stared deeply into her eyes, wondering what she was thinking.
"I think the only reason I haven't freaked out already is because this feels like a dream. That and I've also read too many Twilight/vampire books in my day."

He laughed again and Deva couldn't help but smirk. "You're laughing but that’s probably also the reason why the other girls are not scared of you. They want their Edward too."

Lucian stopped laughing and couldn't help stare into her big brown golden eyes. He didn't have to cover his emotions he wanted her to see him for who he was. He wanted all the girls to see his true self.

"Don't worry Lucian I know you're not all cute and cuddly like Edward. You definitely have a dark side. I'm afraid it’s too dark."

He lips curled at her honest confession. "You don't have to worry baby doll, I won't unleash my dark side on you again. That is unless you want me too."

Deva took a step back. She didn't know how to react or answer back at his last comment. So instead she tried to change it. "Don't call me baby doll."

"Aww why? Is it really bugging you?"

"Yes."

"Well too bad. You look like a little baby doll to me so I'm sticking with it."

"Are you one of those royal pain princes?"

"Baby, you have no idea."

Deva closed her eyes. She honestly didn't have any idea about this new world or these new mysterious people now in her life.
The group of girls were slowly ushered back into their rooms. Then they were told to be ready in the morning to have a meeting with the princes discussing their first challenge which was also the next day. Deva made it to her bed already exhausted from the day's events. But before climbing in Deva got to her knees and prayed to God. She prayed that it was all just a dream. She was silently pleading to Christ to make it all part of her big over active imagination playing a silly game on her. Then as she pulled the covers over her body and wished her dream wasn't so physical because her face was still hurting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 25 11
Before you start, this story is in script format... Esmeralda finds true love after many failures but her life as well as the Prince's is threatened...
1.2K 347 29
She was just a normal girl, Then her world shattered. The death of her mother : who looks and deceives even her own daughter to think she was human. ...
570K 31.8K 20
I'm so sorry for the confusion but this is the third book to my "Mark of the Royals" series. The second book is "Royal Pain: The Origin" which is als...
641 18 22
All it took was a sword and blood shed. All it took was a death of one. Suddenly, everything went upside down. Sophia was happy with her life. She wa...