My Muted Mate. *editing*

By Maroon1479

RUSSO'S BOOK ONE! Abigail Crow never had the best life. Her father is abusive and her mother an alcoholic. Th... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twevle.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Epilogue.
Author Note.
(Extra #One.)
(Extra #Two.)
(Extra #Three.)
{Extra #Four.}
{Extra #Five.}

Chapter Thirteen.

398K 8.4K 1K
By Maroon1479

Chapter Thirteen

Abigail:

It was quiet in the car as my dad drove me to school. Today is my birthday, I’m sixteen now, but I didn’t feel any older than fifteen. Today didn’t feel special at all; it just felt like any other day. My dad drove into the parking lot of the school and went over to the curb and when I got out, my dad stopped me.

“Wait,” he said and I leaned down to look in the car.

“After your chores tonight, get dressed and make sure it’s nice. We’re going out for a family dinner.” I stared at him with my eyes wide. Did he just say we’re going out to eat tonight? We never go out to eat and more to my surprise, going out to eat on my birthday. That’s very…strange.

“Go, now,” he said. “It’s twenty-five degrees out and you’re letting in the cold air.” I just nodded and closed the door.

As I walked towards the school building, the thought of going out to dinner quickly got cut off when I realized almost everyone was looking at me. I raised an eyebrow and looked down at myself to see if I had anything on me. I didn’t. Sneakily, I pulled my shirt up to my nose to see if I smelled. I didn’t. Why are they staring?

I walked into the building and when I was half way in, I heard a voice. “Hey beautiful,” I heard next to me and turned my head to see a grinning Scott. I smiled and hugged his waist. I was surprised at how quickly I forgot things when it came to being around him. He put one arm around me and hugged me tightly, making me wince since I had a bruise on my right side, so I had to put a hand on his chest and step back.

He quickly pecked me on the lips and I had to turn my face a little and look at the floor when I blushed. I tried hard not to smile. Kissing was still new to me and I was still pretty shy about it. I hate how Scott can make butterflies flutter around my stomach. As hard as I tried to ignore it, I can’t seem to want to be away from Scott. It’s like some kind of rope pulling me back towards him. I like him. There’s no doubt about it, I guess. I played with the button of the hoodie I was wearing and Scot took one of my hands and entwined our fingers.

I looked up at him and he gave me a warm smile. “Come on. Let’s get this day over with.” How badly I wanted to tell him that I wished that we could be in school all day so I could be with him and not with my family.

“So, how was your weekend?” he asked and I frowned, shrugging casually. Dad got drunk, beat me for no reason, and went to bed. My eyes watered up, but I quickly blinked them away.

“I didn’t do anything either, just hung out with the family and had to deal with Shay’s consistent moping about Victoria. But oh! We did go to this dinner a couple a miles away out of town, it had karaoke there and it was amazing. What’s your favorite song?” he asked. I looked up at him confused and shrugged. I don’t really listen to music, but I would have to say I like Nickelback.

"Mine is Evanescence’s song Everybody Fool’s. Amy Lee's one badass chick in that song. It's about pretending to be something you’re not. It’s very true. I mean, it’s about someone who has tons of secrets, but then no one will ever know but this one person. Would you like to listen to it?” he asked and I stared at him, a heavy weight building on my chest. What is he trying to get at? Did…did Skyler, Hailey, and Tristan tell him? Crap, I forgot all about that!

I just gave him an awkward half smile and nodded. When he gave me one of his ear buds, I was barley listening to it. My stomach felt heavy and guilt was pouring all over me like acid. After finally getting away from Scott and going to the back of Mr. Jen’s room to sit with Colleen, I was rocking back and forth, and for some reason, fear was in my stomach.

I felt Colleen's gaze. “Hey, are you alright?” she asked.

My head snapped to look at her. “Did you tell Scott about me?” I whispered to her.

“Tell Scott what?” she asked.

“You know what.” I hissed. “Did you tell him about my secret?” I asked.

She shook her head. “No, I didn’t. I promise, but…but I don’t know if the others have. Why?” I stared at her to see if she was serious and she just looked as confused as I did.

“He…I don’t know, I was just wondering,” I told her.

When she opened her month to say something, I heard a familiar voice at the door and our heads turned to see Mina and two of her friends walk in. My eyes slightly widened when I saw her nose had one of those nose casts on it. She stared at me before glaring, flipping her hair, and walking over to her seat, her Mina-Wanna-Bee’s following her. I saw something go in front of me and I looked at the note Colleen was holding out to me.

People are saying you’re badass, that’s why people are staring. So proud! :)

I couldn’t help but chuckle once behind my closed lips and turned to her, grinning and shook my head. Mr. Jen came and quickly started class. “So I have some news,” he said, looking at me. Is he really going to say out loud to the whole class I’m in trouble and have to go to the principle? How lame.

“First, happy birthday, Abigail,” he said and then I heard a sharp intake of breath from Colleen and she started playfully slapping my arm.

“It’s your birthday?!” she asked excitedly. “Why didn't you tell me—well, you get what I’m trying to say,” she said, nervously chuckling.

“Ms. Green, will you calm down,” Mr. Jen ordered. “And secondly, Mina and Abigail, you have to report to the office.”

I breathed out my nose heavily in annoyance. I slung my bag over my shoulder and Mina grumbled about how stupid it was. Mr. Jen gave me a piece of paper to leave class and gave the same to Mina. We walked out of the class room and Mina kept quiet with her arms crossed over her chest.

Half way there, she finally spoke. “He’s just going to use you,” she said, keeping her eyes set on the floor. “You two will be all lovey dovey right now, but later, in the long run, he will get tired of you."

Though her words stung, I gave her a bored look and shrugged. She snorted out of her nose and we finally reached the principle’s office. I knocked on the door and a few moments later, the door opened and our principle was at the door. I've only seen her around the building a few times. She looked like a high class office lady with her long, blond hair, pencil skirt that goes to her knees, and white blouse.

She was in her mid-thirties, but was really gorgeous. “Ladies, please come in,” she said, turning around, her heels clicking as she went back over to her desk. We went in and took the two seats that were in front of her desk. She leaned on the desk with her hands together. “Now ladies, I heard about what happened Friday."

“Good, now take her out of this school,” Mina hissed, leaning towards the edge of the seat she was sitting on. “Do you see what she did to my poor face?” she asked, her voice whinny like she was about to cry.

“Yes, Ms. Stacks, but I also know what you said to her before she attacked you,” she said and Mina leaned back down. “What you both did was terribly wrong. Ms. Stacks, you judging Ms. Crow was totally out of line and all the stuff you said to her was unnecessary. You wouldn’t like it if you couldn’t hear, walk, or talk. One week’s detention. And you, Ms. Crow,” she said, looking at me.

“Using violence is not tolerated here at Kings High. Then leaving the school without a slip with Mr. Russo, so I have a right mind to suspend you for the rest of the week.” I just bit my lower lip and dropped my head a little. I knew this was going to happen and of all days, on my birthday, but oh, well. Tyler, I’m coming home, I sarcastically thought.

“But,” she said and Mina scoffed. “I’ve talked to your father,” she said and my eyes widened. I quickly sat up, and I bit my lower lip. “He has told me you’re a good student and that you never get into fights. He told me you are very self-conscious about your disability and you can be sensitive about it and over react. So, you have two weeks.”

“Slap on the wrist,” Mina whispered and Principle Carson gave her a stern look.

“Ms. Stacks would you like me to add to your detentions?” she asked.

Mina scoffed, “But look at what she did to me! She broke my nose and if she would have hit it any harder, my teeth! Her family better get prepared to pay for my hospital bill and court!”

“Ms. Stacks, there is no reason to bring this up in court,” she said.

“Even if you did take her, the judge wouldn’t go on your side. You have a record, remember? Fighting, skipping school, stealing, and two DUI’s? Ms. Crow has only ever gotten about three detentions the past ten years.”

“This isn’t fair!” Mina hissed as she flew up from the seat. “She attacked me! Could have killed me! Before Scott pulled her off me, she kept going and going! She’s a crazy bitc—” she cut herself off when she realized what she was saying.

“Two weeks.” Principle Carson said.

Mina stared at her with her mouth hanging open, then she stomped her foot and yelled in annoyance, turning around and walked over to the door. “This is so stupid! My daddy won’t be happy about this!” she hissed when she walked out

“Three!” Principle Carson yelled before the door closed. She sighed heavily and shook her head.

“That girl,” she said to herself. She then cleared her throat. “Now Ms. Crow, I suggest—no, I’m telling you, never get in another fight in my school again or I won’t be this nice. Understand?” I nodded my head and gave her the best fake smile I could. “Good, you may now return to class,” she said.

*

I was worried—no, scared. My dad knows I skipped school and with a boy! This isn’t good. How am I going to go home? I can’t, that’s the thing. But I need to, I need to be there for Tyler or he’ll never survive without me. But I know I’m going to get a real beating when I get home. I had a huge gulp in my throat as I stared out the window. I don’t want to go home. I sniffed and rubbed under my right eye when a tear slipped out. I’ll just have to endure the pain when I get home.

I felt someone come up next to me and I felt a hand go behind my head and a pair of lips on mine. It was a peck, but enough to make some of my fear go away. I turned my head to see Scott lean in front of my desk.

“Were you going to tell me it was your birthday?” he asked and I licked my lips and shrugged.

“It’s not nothing, Abby, it’s your birthday. You turned sixteen today, and I didn’t know. I feel horrible now that I didn’t get you anything." I waved it off and wrote down, it’s okay; I’m not much of a getting presents kind of girl.

He rolled his eyes and snorted,“Well expect one tomorrow, so,” he grinned, slipping his hand in mine,“How about you and I go to this spot in the woods I know about. It’s right under the moon and the stars shine brightly. It’s really romantic, even when it's snowing.” That all sounds really nice, but ugh! Stupid family I have. I lowered my head and shook my head. I looked back up and Scott leaned closer to me slowly. “Come on, Abby,” he whispered softly to me.

“Say yes, it’ll be really romantic and the sky will be gorgeous and bright with stars and moon. I want to tell you this cute little legend story about the Russo family,” he said, his hot breath fanning over my lips and I felt like I could drop into a puddle any second now. Just wanting to feel his soft lips, I made the move towards him, but when I was about to kiss him, he leaned back.

“Buuuut,” he said, stretching his arms up and yawned. “If you don’t want to, I get it, I guess.” He shrugged and rolled his eyes. My cheeks were now burning in embarrassment. I pursed my lips at him, gave him my annoyed look, and smacked his arm when he sat down next to me.

He chuckled. “So what you get for Friday? I got a week.” I held my index and middle finger up to show him two. He nodded, “How about Mina?” I added my ring finger. He raised an eyebrow. “Three? Why?” I wrote down that she got smart with Principle Carson and he laughed. “Well, she got what was coming to her.”

*

I pushed at Scott’s chest for him to let go of me as he tried to tickle me. When he didn’t let go, I hit his chest, but his chest was rock hard and didn’t hurt him at all. We were at lunch and he wouldn't stop playing around with me so I could eat the food I had. I tried my best not to giggle because if I did, I think I’d end up talking. Scott wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him, but I playfully pulled back. I only did it, though, because he was close to the ugly bruise on my waist.

He pulled me back and kissed the side of my head.

“Damn, Scott, will ya let the girl eat?” Haley asked and Scott huffed out his nose as his head snapped to her. I raised an eyebrow at his way of reaction and how angry he got.

Skyler huffed out his nose heavily, “Watch it, Scott.”

They stared dangerously at each other before Scott loosened up and grinned. “Right, sorry Hal.” Scott moved his arm up around me and we started eating our food, but the way his behaviors are were still running through my mind. Please tell me he isn’t Bipolar or something. I just hope he isn’t like my dad. My dad used to be perfect to my mom, but he changed. I hope Scott isn’t like that.

“Tori, just listen to me!” we all heard Shay near our table and our heads snapped to the direction to see Victoria walking in front of him. He was behind her and he didn’t look happy. He grabbed her upper arm and turned her around.“I’m sorry, okay! Is that what you want to hear?”

“Just leave me alone,” she hissed and stepped back, but his hand was still around her upper arm. “Let go of me, Shay.”

“Not until you talk to me,” he growled out. “Okay, I was jealous of them, yes! But I’ll do anything to have you back. I’ll stop talking about it until the day you bring it up, I promise. No more about it.”

“I don’t know, Shay, you still need a time out,” she sarcastically said before snatching her arm back and turning around.

“I miss you, okay! I know you miss me too, so why are you being such a stubborn person right now!” he practically yelled.

She turned around and hit his chest. “I’m not being stubborn! I’m just…I’m just…”

“Just what?” he asked. “Tell me Victoria and I’ll fix it.’

“You can’t fix it, Shay, if there’s nothing to fix!” she hissed and her hands flew up to her mouth and her eyes widened.

His eyes also widened, “So…so you’re just saying you don’t want to be with me? You’re rejecting me? Me?” he asked.

“Shay, of course not,” she said, giving him an apologetic look. “It just came out wrong, that’s not what I meant—wait, Shay, I’m sorry!” she said when he walked around her towards the café doors to leave quickly. She tuned her out to our direction and looked upset. She then ran over to the doors. “Shay, wait, I love you!”

“Their relationship is like a TV show,” Tristan randomly said and Colleen nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.8K 110
Emily and Mike have been best friends since they could walk. Emily is the daughter of the Beta and Mike is the son of the Alpha and they are the same...
13.9M 553K 60
Lexie is not a warrior. In fact, Lexie is a painter. Her hands are always covered in paint. Never coming off. Always there. For Lexie, painting is an...
161K 6.5K 38
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
269K 9.5K 58
What to do if your mate doesn't want you? There are some that kidnap them and eventually they fall in love. But what if your mate is a pureblooded va...