BotW!Link x Reader - Our Dest...

By Horror_Kid

Discontinued atm. Lost memories, broken hearts and bones, along with a lot of crying. But in the end, it is n... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Shoot!!!
Chapter 2 - Old Man?
Chapter 3 - Hyrules Power
Chapter 5 - Meeting an old friend
Chapter 6 - Hurt
Chapter 7 - Pictured Nightmares
Chapter 8 - Getting closer to the truth
Chapter 9 - Jealousy
Chapter 10 - Shared feelings
Chapter 11 - I am what?!

Chapter 4 - "Goodbye..."

2.7K 79 69
By Horror_Kid

"Link. (Y/N). I want you to bring me something. I know, I told you to wait until tomorrow, but now, it's the perfect time."
Once again, he stomped with his crutch on the ground,

"In this Shrine over there, is a treasure. I want you to bring it. In order, I'll give you my paraglider."

It was now Link's turn to respond. I don't have the right to accept, I'm just the heroes sidekick, anyway. At this moment, I thought he's going to decline, but I saw a spark of hope inside his blue eyes. They were shimmering in the cold moon light,

"We accept your offer. I'm sure we'll be successful in no time!"
He smiled at me and grabbed my wrists, "Right, (Y/N)?"

I was perplexed, but smiled in the end, too,

"Yeah."

___________________________________________

 Your POV

After the long speech and information of the man, Link and I made our way to the shrines. We had to enter and complete 4 of them and gain the treasures, which were highly guarded by looks-like-a-squid guardian (((A/N: Tbh I always have to think about squids everytime I see them (-u-) ))), this enemy was new to us, so we actually had no idea what it was going to do after it has seen us, so we used this cool new magnetism feature, which got installed on our Sheikah Slates by the Shrine's owners, and crashed it with the huuuuge metal cube.

Link wanted to fight it with his sword, but I reminded him about what happened 2 days ago.
This is a nano guardian - we didn't know the true stenght, fighting style or strategies - so it was the best to immediately destroy it.

"Link, we have to put that metal bridge over there, so we can finish this shrine here quickly!"
I turned around and facepalmed, as I saw Link fooling around with the bridge.

"Woah, this is so cool!  Check this out, (Y/N)!"

I took my module and stole the brigde from his' 'grasp', placing it on the right spot afterwards.
"Instead of fooling around, we should hurry up with these, so we can save Hyrule. And Princess Zelda of course!"

Man, Link really acts like a kid. It's adorable, though... Wait. What the cuccoo am I thinking?
We have no time for this, so focus on the main task, god damn (Y/N)!

"You are no fun... But I agree with you, I'm sorry."
Even though I could actually feel him pouting, he apologized of his childish behavior. This surprised me, haven't seen this side of Link yet. I didn't respond, instead I touched the blue surface, which was in front of us. It had an Sheikah eye on it and made a high sound. Then they shattered into thousand tiny pieces.

"You have proven to possess the resolve of a true hero. I am Oman Au, the creator of this trial."

This was creepy, even though he wasnt evil, he was on our side anyway. But... I can't describe this weird feeling. Link seemed like he didn't care at all and was used to it.

" I am a huble monk, blessed with the sight of Goddess Hylia and dedicated to helping those who seek to defeat Ganon. With your arrival, my duty is now fulfilled. In the name of Goddess Hylia, allow me to bestow this gift upon you both. Please accept the Spirit Orbs."

Right after this monk said this, we saw two purple balls with the holy Triforce in it. One was heading to Link, while the other one was heading to me. As it disppeared in my body, I felt stronger, warm and healthier than before. Link looked at me, as if saying "what was that?", but I just shrugged. Our heads turned once again to the humble monk, who was now slowly fading into thin air, "May the Goddess smile upon you."

Link and I got sent outside,
"Hey, look. The shrine's colour changed from orange to blue"

I nodded at this, "Indeed, it's good to know this, so we can say which ones we have finished and which not."

"Ho ho, it seems like you two got you hands on a Spirit Orb. Well done, (Y/N), Link."
It was the older man, he appeared with his paraglider once again and laughed.

"How did you know?"

"Clairvoyance! Oho, or perhaps just something similar. As one get older, it can become more difficult to see what is right before one's own eyes..."

I nodded in response and crossed my arms while listening to him.

"However, that which was once hidden from view can often be crystal clear. But perhaps that is not true for everyone! Oho ho..."

Link tilted his head to the side, "Oh, Is that so? Well, we made it through this shrine here, but we didn't find any treasures. What were you looking for anyway?"

"My beloved treasure will appear after you've finished the other three ones." he stated,
"These shrines are tucked away in numerous places all across this land. Since I'm feeling generous, I will also teach you a trick for finding  shrines. It's always best to survey the area by looking around from a high point. Like this tower you activated earlier."

My my, this man sure talks alot.

"WHAT?!" Link yelled, which caused me to flinch.

"No way I'm going to climb this tower up...AGAIN"

I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me. As I was sure I had his whole attention, I spoke,

"Link, you know this is the easiest way to find the shrines. We'll quickly climb up the tower, so we can grant his wish, okay?"

He placed his hand over yours, "...Alright."

"Oho, who said you had to climb? If you use your Sheikah Slate, you can warp yourselves on top of the tower, children."

My eyes sparkled at the word 'warp', since I've always wanted to do this.
"Woah, let's try this then!"

The man nodded, "Yes. You can also warp two people with one Sheikah Slate. You just have to touch the other person somewhere, such as their hands."

Link turned to me and smiled, "I bet together this will be more fun~"

He gently took my hands in his larger and strong ones. I don't know why, but I feel warm around my heart. It's almost as if we had known each other for years. But this is impossible... I mean, we were strangers just a day ago.

I closed my eyes as I felt my body getting lighter as it was shining and fading into blue pigments. And as I opened them again, we were already on top of the giant tower.

I turned around and couldn't believe my eyes, "Old man? How did you get up here so quick?"

Link gasped, "Do you have a Sheikah Slate, too, Ojiisan?"

He just laughed like he always did, "Oh, no no. Let's say an old man has his own way to get up here and there."

Okay now I'm pretty scared of this man. He doesn't have a name, he lives here where no one else lives, then he knows a lot what happened to Hyrule 100 years ago, and the most terrifying fact; HE IS EVERYWHERE.

"Oh, here's another way to find the shrines easily: On your map, you have different kind of symbols, some if them are in colour, while some of them aren't. It's the best way to mark the shrines on your map, so you can look through your Sheikah Slate and follow the light sources."

While he way explaining this, I followed his steps and ended with marking the nearest shrine. Link luckily learned this very quick and marked the other 2.

"That's pretty helpful for us, thank you very much. If you don't mind, we will continue our duty now."

"Oho ho, I'm glad to hear this."

»Time Skip«

After Link and I got chased by some Guardians, got injured several times, finished the puzzles of the shrines, we didn't find anything similar to a treasure. I know it's not my business, but I think this man fools with us. Sure, he sounds and is serious, but I can't get over the fact, that he is using us for something.

"Man, don't you think it's time for him to explain why he wants a treasure that isn't hiding in the shrines we finished, Link?"

Link smiled slightly, "Yes, I guess so. He told me to meet him at the Temple of Time afterwards, so I guess he will tell us everything."

I stayed silent on our way to the Temple. As soon as I realized it, we were already there. It didn't look as a temple at all. 'An abandoned church' would fit better.

"Hey, (Y/N), let's climb up there"

"Alright, I'm coming"

It was actually quite dangerous on top of the Temple of Time. The roof was broken and the stairs looked old and unstable. The wooden planks were creaking, which gave the old and haunted atmosphere some 'final touches'.

"Oho ho, I knew you would eventually come. Now then... the time has come to show you who I truly am."

Link and I watched in terror and uneasiness as small turquoise spirit flames were caressing his body.

"I was King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. I was... the last leader of Hyrule, a kingdom which no longer exists."

His body began to shine bright, which caused us to cover our eyes. As I put down my arms, I couldn't believe what I saw.

It was the spirit of the real King of Hyrule!

"The Great Calamity was merciless. It destroyed everything in its path a century ago. It was then that my life was taken away from me. And since that time, I have remained. In spirit form."

I could literally feel the tense pressure on the air and it was driving me crazy.

"I did not think it wise to overwhelm you both while your memories was still fragile... So rather than that, I thought it best to assume a temporary form. Forgive me, Link, (Y/N)."

I smiled a little and put my hands behind my back,
"No need to apologize, your majesty. It wasn't your fault anyway."

The King returned the smile, "No need to be formal. I know you don't remember, but both were like children I never had, besides Zelda."

He muse noticed our confused looks, so he turned around, walking, no, floating to the window to point at the castle.

"I think you ate ready to know what happened 100 years ago...

To know Calamity Ganon's true form, one must know the story from an age long past. The demon king was born into this kingdom, but his transformation into Malice created the horror you see now. Stories of Ganon were passed from generation to generation in the form of legends and fairy tales. But there was also...a prophecy. The signs of a resurrection of Calamity Ganon are clear. And the power to oppose it lies dormant beneath the ground..."

I couldn't tell what Link felt at this moment, but it obviously wasn't anything good.

"...That princess was my own daughter... My dear Zelda. And the courageous knight who protected her right up to the very end... That knight was none other than you, Link. You fought valiantly when your fate took an unfortunate turn. And then, you were taken to the Shrine of Resurrection. Here you now stand revitalized, 100 years later."

While he was talking, I noticed he didn't mention me from the beginning. So why am I going to save Hyrule, if the King says it's in Link's hands? I wanted to ask, but I didn't have the courage to do so.

"And...I think that's it. I've told you everything I can... Link... You must save...Hyrule...and my daughter"

Link's cheeks were stained with tears.
I don't know why, but I felt like crying, too. I let a tear slip and wiped it away,

"I'm glad you told us the truth about everything, majesty."

"It's all I could do. But now, my time is over, I have to go.

Farewell"

The King disappeared and gave us the paraglider - just as promised.

I heard a small sob from Link, so I put my arms around him and hugged him tightly,

"We will have a lot of fun at our adventures, right, Link?" I whispered in a soothing manner to comfort him.

Wiping away his tears,

"I must look pathetic right now... A hero, who is supposed to save Hyrule, is crying his eyes out..."

I shook my head, "Crying is a part of life. Without sadness, there wouldn't be happiness, so what's the deal?"

These were the wisest words Link had ever heard. He 'took them and locked them away', so he could 'pull them out to look at them' anytime he wants.

"You are my hero, (Y/N)."

__________________________________

Woah almost 2,5 k words ovo

And I can't believe that this got so many views like holy sh-

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ;V;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 95 22
A reboot from @KuroNinetails. Its a different story from totk, like how was going to be in the original fanfic but it still roughly follows it. This...
4.8K 245 11
Five years ago, Link awoke without any of his memories yet was still burdened with the task of saving Hyrule from a threat he failed to defeat 100 ye...
5.5K 400 29
While legends come to us from distant past, others have yet to be written. What happens when Zelda, the heroine reborn, finds herself in the ruined...
3.5K 210 12
What if Link was on the verge of death? Goddess Hylia opened up a portal when the hylian hero Link was close to dying at the hands of Calamity Ganon...