It All Began With A Letter

By innocentuniverse

Letters. Who knew they could hold your future? Your love? Your job? A fortune? Good news? Bad news? Change mo... More

It All Began With A Letter
Chapter 1: Meeting Asher
Chapter 2: Ice Cream
Chapter 3: Hidden Talent
Chapter 4: Matching Names and Faces With Jerks
Chapter 5: Flirting In Class
Chapter 6: Party Time
Chapter 7: Healing Burns
Chapter 8: Italian Restuarant
Chapter 9: Clubbing Hard
Chapter 11: Shopping Time
Chapter 12: Free Period
Chapter 13: Wish You Were Here
Chapter 14: Everyone Has Problems
Chapter 15: Dealing With Danny
Chapter 16: Depressing News
Chapter 17: Memories
Chapter 18: Songs to Play
Chapter 19: A Day I Want To Forget
Chapter 20: The Dinner
Chapter 21: We're More Alike Than You Think
Chapter 22: The New Student
Chapter 23: Malibu
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: Candy
Chapter 26: Takes Being A Rebel To Know One
Chapter 27: Young Forever
Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home...
Chapter 29:Graduation
NOT A CHAPTER. JUST A NOTE!

Chapter 10: Re-meeting Sam

423 10 0
By innocentuniverse

The next morning I woke up to the sound of music blaring and sunlight hitting my face. I yawned as I sat up in bed and stretched. Then I froze, realizing I wasn't in my bed. I furrowed my eyebrows in a confused expression before silently swinging my legs over the bed and standing up.

A rush of nausea came to me but thankfully I didn't vomit. But I did get dizzy.

I grasped onto the door for support, hoping I wouldn't fall. I realized I was still in my clubbing dress from last night as all the memories flooded back into my head.

Drinking martinis. Dancing with some random guy named Austin. Everyone was staring at me. I was the DJ for a moment. Asher staring at me with wide eyes, his mouth hanging open.

I smiled at the thought but then froze, once again.

Why was I acting like this? This isn't normal for me to do! I usually just get into fights and talk back to people. But now I'm getting wasted and- falling in- wait. No. I'm not falling in love with Asher. That's ridiculous! I like him but I wouldn't fall in love with him! I'd just get hurt.

I shook my head trying to get rid of all the questions but then stopped when the nausea came back to me again. I sank down onto the floor, my feet spread out in front of me, my back against the door. I stayed there for a few minutes, waiting for the diziness to go away before getting up again.

I sighed as I pushed myself up off the floor, using the door for support again. I slowly walked down the hall and found the room where the music was coming from. I lifted my hand and knocked on the door loudly, making sure they would hear me.

"Come in," yelled a feminine voice from the other side.

I slowly opened the door and poked my head inside the room to see some girl looking through a magazine while hanging off her bed.

"Um, who are you?" I asked.

The girl tore her eyes away from her magazine and locked eyes with me. A look of happiness flashed in her eyes as a smile formed on her lips.

"RILEY!" she screamed as she scrambled off the bed, falling onto the floor, and hoisting herself up before attacking me with a huge hug.

"Can't. Breathe," I said as she choked the air out of me.

"Oh, sorry," she said pulling away as she blushed a little.

I smiled. I wasn't the only one that blushed a lot I guessed.

"So, who are you?" I asked again.

She sighed. "I guess you really don't remember me do you?"

I thought for a moment before I frowned and shook my head. "Sorry, but no," I said.

"Oh," she said. Then she smiled again, showing off her perfect, white teeth. "Well, I guess I don't expect you to but I'm Samantha, Lauren's sister. You always used to come over my house when we were little to hang with Lauren and that meant so much to us all. I can't thank you enough. Actually," she said as she averted her gaze to the floor, "I kind of got jealous that my sister had someone as cool and caring as you for a friend. But anyways," she said putting on a smile once again as she looked up at me. "You used to call me Sam or Sammy so feel free to call me those now, too. I like them better than 'Samantha' anyways. Samantha sounds like a good girl's name and well, I don't really intend on being good. Oh and-," she said looking at my shocked face.

Taking this all in was very confusing but shocking.

"I'm going to shut up now. Any questions?" Sam asked batting her eyelashes at me.

"You're Sam? Lauren's sister? You look totally different!" I said as I pulled her in for a hug.

She must've been shocked because at first she didn't hug me back.

When I pulled away, I began talking non-stop just like she had.

"Oh my gosh! You look sooo different! But don't worry, it's not a bad thing," I stated. "But I'm not saying you looked horrible before either," I corrected myself. "You just, you look great! You're blonde, blue eyes, skinnier, tanner, more mature... I think," I said as I remembered all the pranks she used to pull on Lauren and I.

One time, when we were taking a shower in a locker room at a public pool, she snuck in and grabbed our clothes. We spent weeks trying to come up with a plan to get back at her. We finally got her back by putting pink hair dye in her shampoo bottle. She had to stay like that for weeks. Of course, we all got in trouble but it was worth it.

Right now, she stood in front of me chuckling at the memories. "Ahh, pink hair dye," she said.

I laughed with her as we listed more stuff and chatted for a while before I asked her where Lauren is. Sammy said Lauren was somewhere downstairs, either making breakfast or watching TV.

I thanked her and gave her a quick hug before preparing to head down the stairs. When I was about to though, she stopped me and thrust something at my face.

"Here," she said with a smile.

I looked up at her and smiled back before continuing to walk down the stairs. Because I was a klutz and not the most stable person right now, I decided not to look at the paper while I was walking down the stairs. Or walking at all for that matter.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I stopped and opened the paper up to reveal Sam's phone number. I smiled. I was so popular, haha. Seeing as though I had no where to put it because my dress had no pockets, I did the next best thing and stuffed it in my strapless bra before walking off to find Lauren.

I found Lauren in the TV room eating cereal while watching 'Dance Moms'. I grinned at the oppurtunity to scare her. However, the oppurtunity never came because my stomach growled. Lauren turned her head in my direction and sent me a warm smile. Then when she realized that I had wanted to scare her, her smile turned into a smirk.

"Next time you want to scare me, you might want to try eating first," she said before turning back around and continuing to watch her TV.

I stuck my tongue out and made faces behind her head. Then I laughed as I walked around the sofa and sat down next to Lauren before stealing her cereal bowl.

"Hey, I'm hungry," she whined, trying to take it from me while still staring at the screen.

"I hope you know that you are never going to get it if you keep staring at the scree," I told her as I shoved a spoonful of cinnamon toast crunch and milk into my mouth.

"Whatever," she muttered, giving up, as she crossed her arms across her chest. "I wasn't hungry anyways," Lauren said, sticking her chin out.

I laughed at her. "Sure, you weren't," I said.

I finished the last of it and then set the bowl on the coffee table in front of me.

"What's the plan for the day?" I asked.

"Actually, I have work today," she said sending me a look that said 'I'm really sorry.'

"Oh, that's fine," I said. "I need to shower and change my clothes anyways. Plus, my mom's probably freaking out and thinking I 'had fun' with Asher," I stated rolling my eyes.

Lauren turned to me and winked. "So it's not just me who thinks that way?" She asked with a smirk on her face before turning back to watch Dance Moms. "Good to know."

**********************************

Half an hour later, I was in the guest room at Lauren's house, grabbing my stuff to head home. After I was done, I walked into Sam's room to say goobye to her.

"Hey, I'm leaving," I said to her with a frown.

"What? Why?" Sam asked as she scrambled off her bed again. This time,she pulled me into a more gentle hug as I hugged her back.

"Your sister has work. Plus, I need to shower and change," I said motioning towards my dress.

She looked at me and suddenly, an idea popped into her head. I could tell by the way her mouth turned from a frown to a smile, all too quickly.

"Nonsense!" she yelled. "We're going to the mall!"

"I'm not going looking like this!" I yelled back at her.

"I know you're not! That's why you're going to go home, shower, change your clothes, and then I'll pick you up and we can head to the mall. Duh!" Sam said laughing.

"Fine," I said with a smile as she hugged me one last time.

I walked down the stairs to see Lauren standing near the door, her phone in her hand and her car keys in the other. When she noticed me, she looked up.

"You ready?" she asked.

I nodded as we stepped into the warm sunny weather and hopped inside her car.

*********************************************************************************************

Hey my lovely readers! Here's another chapter for you all. Happy Easter again! Hope you all had a great day. Please vote, comment, and fan! Also I entered this story in the watty awards 2012 so please make sure to vote for it! Thanks :]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
3M 249K 54
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...