Everything I've Needed (A Jac...

By Asnowfallkindoflove

Lucy Clearwater was born and raised in LaPush, but had to leave it all behind when she was fourteen to go to... More

Everything I've Needed (A Jacob Black Love Story)
Goodbyes Are The Hardest Thing (Ch 2)
Just Ten Days (Ch 4)
Goodbye, New York (Ch 5)
Seeing Her (Ch 6)
Different And Yet The Same (Ch 7)
Who Would Have Thought (Ch 8)
Just 15 Minutes After Arriving.. (Ch 9)
Guilt (Ch 10)
More Time With Jake... And The Rest Of The Guys, Of Course.. (Ch 11)
Not Too Jetlagged For Jake (Ch 12)
Enchanting Eyes (Ch 13)
Breakfast With The Boys.. And Jake (Ch 14)
Lovin' Every Minute (Ch 15)
My Necessity (Ch 16)
Bonfire (Ch 17)
Breakfast for The Boys (Ch 18)
Couples Retreat.. Well, not really.. (Ch 19)
Two Things For Sure.. (Ch 20)
Conversations and Patrol (Ch 21)
Chatting With Emily (Ch 22)
So Much (Ch 23)
Empty Spaces (Ch 24)
Taking It (Ch 25)
Two Puzzle Pieces (Ch 26)
Not A Dream (Ch 27)
The Crazy (Ch 28)
Soulmates (Ch 29)
Going Under (Ch 30)
Warmth (Ch 31)
Invincible (Ch 32)
Worry (Ch 33)
Not Invincible (Ch 34)
Double-O-Seven (Ch 35)
Parasites and Dogs (Ch 36)
Ball And Chain (Ch 37)
What The Hell Is A Brag Sheet? (Ch 38)
Doppleganger (Ch 39)
Jeremiah DeLuca (Ch 40)
Unknown History (Ch 41)
Illegal Stress (Ch 4)
Hot And Heavy Future (Ch 43)
Thank You, Sam. (Ch 44)
Nothing (Ch 45)
Vicodin (Ch 46)

More Letters (Ch 3)

25.4K 460 31
By Asnowfallkindoflove

I remembered that day so clearly. It was one of my saddest but most precious memories. Unfortunately, that summer after my first school year away, I had been put into an internship at BCBG so I wasn’t able to make it back home. It devastated the both of us, but we continued our communication through letters. The telephone was nearly impossible with my busy schedule, and apparently Jake’s. Each summer after that, I had to continue my year long internship, so no LaPush and no Jake.

It was now late October and I was finally finished with everything. I had graduated out of LFI last June and my internship ended in two weeks. It was finally time for me to go home. Just thinking about it made me feel like that fourteen year old kid again back at LaPush with Jake, Embry, Jared and the rest. I really did miss my boys. Now all I had to do was survive these next thirteen days at work.

Completely forgetting about my tea, I ran to the living room, picking up my stationary and pen.

JAKE P.OV

“Seth.” I growled in irritation. “Shut up.” The kid had been going at it for five minutes now, talking about catching Jared and Kim in the shed last night.

He looked at me, his eyes squinted. “What crawled up your ass?”

“You.” I stated simply, getting out of my chair and stepping off my front porch.

And of course, he followed along. “What are we doing today, Jake?”

I sighed, continuing to walk ahead of him with no particular destination in mind. “I don’t know, Seth. Did you ask Sam?”

“Well, I would” He walked beside me, finally having caught up. “But last time I asked him he just said, ‘use your wolf telepathy’” He imitated Sam’s deep voice. Which sounded really ridiculous coming from the usually high pitched Seth.

I chuckled at the youngest of the pack. “Aaand?”

“Well it doesn’t work if I’m not phased!” He exclaimed, his dark hair sticking on end since this morning made him look even crazier.

“Huh! Imagine that!” I chuckled once more, punching him in the arm.

“Ow!” He grumbled, rubbing the sore spot. “Do you seem to be forgetting that you’re the biggest after Sam and that I’m just the runt of the pack?”

I stopped short and turned to him. “Well you sure as hell don’t act like you’re the runt.”

“Well that’s just it! My strong personality makes up for it” He defended.

“Annoying personality, Seth.” I corrected, a bemused expression across my face as I headed over to Sam’s and Emily’s.

As I walked through the door, I was greeted by four other burly guys seated around the living room, a piled plate in each one’s hand. Sometimes I felt bad for Emily, actually, I always felt bad for Emily. Being Sam’s fiancé, kind of also gave her the responsibility of always hosting us. Strangely enough, I don’t think she minded it one bit. She came from a small family, so she liked the company I guess.

“Yo Jake, where were you this morning?” Quil called, from where he sat in between Embry and Jared.

“Oh Sweet, Bacon!” Seth exclaimed and rushed into the kitchen.

I shook my head and took a seat in the open arm chair. “At my house, why?”

Quil shrugged, shoveling in another sausage. “you’re usually over here in the morning, but you haven’t been for the past few days.”

I shrugged back; they didn’t need to know why I was staying home a little longer each morning. I take advantage of the fact that I can keep my thoughts to myself when I’m in human form.

“I know what he’s up to.” Embry smiled slyly, flashing me one of his smirks.

I scoffed. “Shut up, you don’t know anything.”

“Oh yeah?” He tested. “I wonder when Lucy’s going to write back. She’s always so busy. I really miss her.” He sighed between each sentence, clearly trying to imitate me.

Damn it, I guess I let my thoughts slip when we were patrolling the forest a few days ago.

My eyes narrowed at this. “Shut up.”

The other guys laughed. “Oooh I get it.” Quil nodded. “Why didn’t you just say so?”

“Because you guys are too immature to tell things to.” I retorted.

“Damn right they are.” Sam entered the living room, shirt over his shoulder.

“Hey.” Jared interjected. “We miss her too, Jake.”

“Yeah,” Seth also came into the living room, a strip of bacon hanging out of his mouth. He sat on the arm of my chair. “He’s been in an ass mood all day.”

I sighed. “You’re right. Sorry.”

The guys shrugged, going back to their breakfast.

“Anybody need anything?” Emily walked into the room, a plate of fresh eggs in hand. She smiled when she saw me, her eyes brightening. “Jake! I have something for you.”

My eyebrows furrowed in curiosity as I watched her dig into her back jeans pocket. “Ah, there it is.” She pulled out a small white envelope. My eyes widened to this as I nearly jumped out of my chair and rushed over to her. I bumped into some furniture on the way, knocking over a vase that Paul caught just in time. Werewolf reflexes.

“Whoa there, Rambo.” He said, looking up at me with an annoyed look.

I didn’t care, all that was important now was that letter.

“Max saw me at the market this morning and gave it to me.” She referred to the mailman who knew I was waiting for a letter due to my questioning him if he had anything for me each day. “He said it’s for you.” She smiled handing me the envelope. “Tell me anything important.” She pointed a warning finger at me. I nodded know how protective she was over her cousin.

I walked back to my seat meanwhile ripping the letter open.

“Look at that smile.” Paul teased. “The only that to get him to look like that.”

The other laughed along with him, but I tuned him out. As I began to read, Seth leaned closer, also taking a peak. In a swift movement, I elbowed him off the chair, making the other guys laugh harder.

“Ha-ha runt!” Jared teased. 

Bestest friend, Jake

I was so ridiculously happy to get your letter; I actually ended up burning my teapot because I completely forgot about it on the stove. See what you do to me?? I’m so glad everything is going well over there at LaPush. I miss everything about it. The green forests everywhere, the beach where we used to make sandcastles and mud pies as kids, and the moon at night as it hit the ocean. And are you kidding me? Of course I remember the cliff! I can’t wait to go see it! Ugh, now I’m getting all homesick again. Good thing I’m coming home in twelve days, twenty three hours, and fourteen minutes, right? I can’t wait to spend the rest of my days there with you- because apparently you’ve already made your mind about me staying. And guess what? So have I.

I couldn’t help but laugh about poor little Seth. I can’t possibly imagine how he looks now. Last time I saw him he was a tiny little twelve year old with the highest pitch I’ve ever heard on a boy. Please tell me his voice changed. But don’t tell him I asked. He’s probably taller than me now and he can take me. As for the whole Sam, Leah, Em thing. Ew. Is that still going? Leah needs to find someone new. Mission for me when I get back? I think so. Props to Embry though for trying to help out. He’s always been a sweet guy. I can’t wait for Em and Sam’s wedding. Tell her to not do any plans until I get there so I can help out. You know how I love weddings! And I was so happy to hear about Jared and Kim. That’s a sweet couple since they’re so alike.

Wow, a lot of things are happening over there, but I feel like I haven’t missed a beat all thanks to you. You really did keep your promise to me, Jake. Apart from the fact that I haven’t seen you and you might be pierced, covered in tattoos, and like seven feet tall for all I know, I feel like I’m still with you. And as great as that feeling is, I think actually being with you might just be like a million times better. Tell everyone I love and miss them (especially Billy, that little rascal) and I’ll see them in twelve days, twenty two hours and seventeen minutes! (yeah.. I took a break from writing after my smoke alarm started going off. You’re making me lose my mind, best friend!)

I miss you MORE and love you MORE than anyone in the world. So shut up.

Lucy

Continue Reading