Love is Patient

By EbonySolcum

This story used to be called Newt and Tina but I've changed the name because it wasn't really much of a title... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 3

4.6K 155 167
By EbonySolcum

Newt stood by the railing of the ship as it pulled into the dock. He looked around for short brown hair but there seemed to be hundreds of people with it. He walked off the ship and handed his passport to the officer. He switched his case to Muggle Worthy then showed the man what was inside it. 

Walking past the man, Newt looked around to see if Tina was around. Maybe she didn't come, he thought. Maybe she didn't want to see me. Maybe she never wants to see me again.

Suddenly, Newt was struggling to keep his balance having just been hit by something, or rather, someone. He looked down to see Tina, her arms wrapped around him in a tight hug. Newt managed to free the hand that wasn't holding the case and return the hug.

Tina pulled back, her face red. "Sorry, Newt," she said. "I shouldn't have done that."

"No, it's OK," Newt assured her.

They both stood there in an awkward silence, looking at their shoes.

"It's . . ." Tina started.

"I'm . . ." Newt said at the same time. "Sorry."

"Go on."

"No, you go first."

"It's good to see you, Newt," Tina said, blushing again.

"I'm glad to see you too," Newt said.

"Now, what were you going to say?"

"I just said it," Newt said, grinning sheepishly.

"Oh."

There was another long pause. The people on the dock had mostly left.

"Well," said Tina. "Why don't we go home, Queenie's dying to see you."

"Uh, yes," Newt replied.

They set off down the wharf to find a safe place to apparate.

"So how's Jacob?" Newt asked. "Or have you not seen him recently."

"Queenie's been down to his bakery several times," Tina said. "She's brought back some of his pastries, their delicious but a little . . . unusual. I think you'd enjoy them."

"Really?"

"Uh huh."

"And does he remember anything?"

"Queenie says he looks at her like he trying to remember something he's forgotten and, as I said, his pastries are unusual. I'd like him to remember, for Queenie's sake. She's heartbroken. The only problem is MACUSA'll just obliviate him again if he remembers anything and they find out." Tina paused. "Why do you ask?"

"Well," Newt looked embarrassed. "I've been thinking. Swooping evil venom removes bad memories but not necessarily happy memories. Jacob had plenty of happy memories of magic. You, me, my creatures, and of course, Queenie. The venom shouldn't have erased all that."

"But the rest of the No-Maj's?"

"The only experience they had with magic was a flying, destructive, black mass. I don't think that's a good memory. The venom would have taken care of that completely. Don't worry."

Tina looked around. "Come on," she said, pulling him into an alley then disapparating. They appeared across the street from the apartment building were the Goldstein sisters lived.

They walked across the street. Tina opened the door and peeked in before motioning Newt to follow.

"Who's there?" a voice called.

"It's just me, Mrs. Esposito," Tina called.

"Are you alone, Tina?" 

"I'm always alone, Mrs. Esposito," Tina said. "You know that."

"What about that young man you came with a few weeks ago?" Mrs. Esposito asked.

Newt tensed. Why did I do that? he thought.

Tina sighed. Looking at Newt she said, "That was Jim. I work with him. He just needed to pick up some documents. He even waited outside."

"Yes, yes," Mrs. Esposito said, "but no more men."

"No more men, Mrs. Esposito."

Newt and Tina crept up the stairs and slipped into the apartment.

"Queenie, I'm home," Tina called. There was no reply. "Queenie?" Tina called again.

"I guess she's not home yet," Tina said to Newt. "We created another room for you right there," she said pointing to a door that hadn't been there the last time he had been in New York. "This way you won't have to sleep on the couch again."

"I was just going to set my case in an out of the way corner and stay there," Newt said.

"Nonsense," Tina said. "Don't you want to stay in a real bed?"

"I must admit, a real bed sounds nice," Newt said, smiling.

He turned to go but Tina said, "By the way," her expression changed to one of worry, "about that case . . ."

"Don't worry, Tina," Newt interrupted, "I've added extra enchantments that will ensure no creature can get in or out without my permission. Not even that naughty Niffler."

Tina grinned.

Newt walked into the room he had stayed in the last time he was in New York. Setting his case on the ground, he opened it and stepped inside. The first copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them lay on his workbench. He picked it up and read the dedication page again. 

He hesitated for a moment. Do I really want to give her this? . . . Yes, I do. Newt grabbed paper and string, used magic to wrap the book, and climbed out of the case before he could change his mind.

"Hey, Tina?" he called.

"Yes?" Tina said.

"Uh, here," Newt said, handing her the package.

"Is this it?" she asked.

Newt nodded.

Tina sat down on the couch and indicated for Newt to do the same. She set the package on her knees and slowly untied the string. Carefully pushing the paper back, she let out a small gasp. 

"It's beautiful," she breathed. "And you used my title."

"Uh, yes," Newt said. "I'm sorry if that was wrong. I couldn't think of a better one, though." 

"No, Newt," Tina said. "I'm truly honored."

She opened the front cover. Newt blushed.

"Oh, Newt. That's so sweet," Tina said after reading the dedication. Newt watched as she continued to flip through the book, admiring all the drawings and reading bits of it.

When she closed the book she turned and hugged Newt again. "Thank you, Newt."

"You're welcome," he said, shyly.

"Uh, Newt. Could you maybe . . . could you . . ." Tina swallowed. "Could you maybe sign it for me?"

"Yes," Newt answered. "Where would you like me to sign?"

"Here." Tina pointed to the blank space under the dedication.

Newt got out a quill and ink and wrote:

This copy is for Tina; a fantastic witch and an amazing woman.

Newton Scamander

Tina grinned. "Newton Scamander?"

"Uh, yes," Newt said.

"Is that your full name?"

"I have a few more names," Newt said.

"What are they?"

"My full name is Newton Artemis Fido Scamander."

"Fido?" Tina asked.

Newt blushed. "What's your full name."

"Porpentina Esther Goldstein."

"Ah." He paused. "It's a nice name."

They lapsed into silence. Tina went back to looking at the book.

"Newt!"

Newt and Tina whipped their heads around and saw Queenie standing in the doorway.

"Hello, Queenie," Newt said.

"Welcome back, Newt," Queenie said. "It's good to see you again. Do you have any idea how excited Tina was when she got your letter?"

"Oh?" Newt looked at Tina. She blushed.

"Queenie," Tina groaned.

"You should have seen her when you didn't write back that last time," Queenie went on. "She was so upset and scared."

"Queenie!" Tina said sharply.

"Oh! I've brought something," Queenie said excitedly. She went to the table and set the bag she was carrying down. "Come here."

Newt and Tina stood up and walked over to the table where Queenie was pulling a box out of the bag and opening it.  Newt gasped. Inside the box were pastries shaped like some of the creatures in his case: the Niffler, an Erumpent, Dougal the Demiguise, and an Occamy. 

Turning to Tina, Newt said, "I thought he didn't remember."

"He doesn't," Queenie said, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"I did tell you he knows that he should remember Queenie and that his pastries were unusual," Tina said.

"Let's have supper," Queenie said. "Then we can enjoy these pastries. They're the best in the country, if not the world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.6K 37
Newt and Tina struggle to cope with losing people they love and are drawn together because of it. The Fantastic Beasts movies do not belong to me. Th...
73K 3.1K 51
Newt's travel ban was not in place until after his book was published and he was able to visit Tina in New York before then. They become close, very...
84.5K 1.6K 31
(Y/n), a witch, goes to New York to visit her best friend Jacob, a muggle, On her holiday. But on the same day, Newt as well visit Queenie, Tina and...
90.9K 4.3K 46
Tina wakes up in a hospital in 1925 after a difficult mission. Her head aches terribly and is wrapped tightly with a clean, white bandage. At first...