The Bad Boy's Nanny

By xxblagitxx

Ivy Lynch has been babysitting practically her whole life. She is known around town, getting job offer after... More

The Bad Boy's Nanny
Cast
Ch. 1 - Professional Babysitter
Ch. 2 - Pocket Full of Sunshine
Ch. 3 - Expired Milk
Ch. 4 - Chuck E. Cheese's and Mini-Golf
Ch. 5 - The Case of the Missing Phones
Ch. 6 - Artificial Food Fight
Ch. 7 - Cream Puff
Ch. 8 - Socializing
Ch. 9 - What Are the Odds
Ch. 10 - Pancake Eater
Ch. 11 - Dumb Teen Soap Opera
Ch. 12 - Nineteen Kids and Counting
Ch. 13 - Trust Fall Into the Pits of Hell
Ch. 14 - Twin Senses Are Tingling
Ch. 15 - Family Meeting
Ch. 16 - Party in the U.S.A.
Ch. 17 - The Neville Longbottoms and Cedric Diggorys and Dean Thomases
Ch. 18 - Organic Side
Ch. 19 - Triple Date
Ch. 20 - A Coconut Bra
Ch. 21 - Gourmet Grilled Cheese
Ch. 22 - Shish Kabob
Ch. 23 - Zebra Shirt and Leopard Pants
Ch. 24 - Movie Nights With Myrtle
Ch. 25 - Munchkin Poop
Ch. 26 - Apricots and Dragon Fruit
Ch. 27 - Un-Ivy-ish
Ch. 28 - Target Model
Ch. 29 - A Normal Couple
Ch. 30 - Weenie Freshman
Ch. 31 - Photoshopped My Face On a Potato
Ch. 32 - Ice Loves Coco
Ch. 33 - In Your Eyes
Ch. 34 - Weird Thought Time With Elliott
Ch. 35 - Worst Breakuper Ever
Ch. 36 - Amanda Bynes Onesie
Ch. 37 - You...And Everyone Else
Ch. 38 - The Next Bachelorette
Ch. 39 - Unofficial
Ch. 41 - Girlfriend-To-Be
Ch. 42 - Operation Film Lovers
Ch. 43 - Nanniversary
Ch. 44 - Pointless
Ch. 45 - The Best Mistake
Ch. 46 - Thanks, I Guess
Ch. 47 - Happier
Ch. 48 - Let It Go
Ch. 49 - Home
Ch. 50 - The End
NEW STORY

Ch. 40 - Let's Crash a Prom

95.4K 4.1K 4K
By xxblagitxx

"Well, I'll miss listening to your FaceTime calls with your sister that you had for like five hours a day while I tried to study. Wait. Never mind. I won't miss that at all!"

I roll my eyes and lift my suitcase off the bed. "And I won't miss you stealing my phone and ending my FaceTime calls with my sister."

Britt shrugs. "Right. Uh, HAGS."

"HAGS?"

"You know, like, have a great summer. It was the basic thing to write in a yearbook when we were in primary school."

"Oh! Okay then. HAGS," I say.

She smiles and gives me a hug. It was nice living with Britt this semester. We really both kept to ourselves, except when she'd yell at me for talking on the phone too long. I'm not sure we'll room again next year, but I will miss her.

I meet my family outside of the dorm, where they sit in the minivan Vic rented. Putting the last of my things in the trunk, I climb in and sit next to Jett.

"You ready to head home, kiddo?" Uncle Vic asks.

I nod and buckle my seat. Home. I haven't been home since spring break. I really delved into my schoolwork. My classes were difficult, and I felt swamped most days. I'm in dire need of this summer break. Though with everything Jett and Nora plan for us to do, school might even be less work. Plus apparently Elm is a lot more to handle than originally planned now that he's big and jumps on people.

Tonight is Nora's prom. I am so excited to see her looking like a princess. I didn't get to go to my own prom last year, since I was busy babysitting that night. We're hoping to get back in time for her pictures. If traffic is on our side, we'll be able to do it.

"So, Jett, fill me in. What's the drama?"

Jett kicks one leg over his other and rests his hands behind his head with his elbows bent. "Where to begin..." He clears his throat. "Well, for starters, Jonas has a girlfriend."

"What?"

"Yeah. A real one this time. She breathes and everything!" he says excitedly.

I laugh. "What's she like?"

"Oh, she's cute. She reminds me of Rosie, but she has her Crystal side as well. Her name is Ivory."

I quirk an eyebrow. "Ivory?"

Jett hides his smile and nods his head. "Coincidentally."

"Okay, well, that makes me only slightly uncomfortable. What else is up in the world of Brookings, Oregon?"

"Addison and Mike broke up."

I gasp, holding a hand to my chest. "No! What? How? When? Oh my gosh. No!"

"But then they got back together a week later."

I shoot him a nasty glare. "If you know how I feel, why would you say that?"

He apologizes and continues to tell me about the eighth grade drama at his school. There are stories of lies and deceit, heartbreak and tears, romance and kisses in the hallway. I sadly get most of my entertainment from stories like these from Jett. There just hasn't been enough drama in my life since the last time I saw Elliott.

Not that I enjoy drama in my life, but to be completely honest I miss having an intense life to live. Waking up and going to class every morning gets boring. I go to parties on the weekends sometimes, but nothing too crazy ever goes down.

And, yes, I do spend most of my time missing Elliott when I'm not doing my schoolwork. I'm that annoying, heartbroken girl. Britt usually got so annoyed of me crying on my bad days that she would chuck a box of tissues at me and storm out of the dorm room.

I have had a lot of bad days. I just feel hopeless, like there is nothing I can do to get the happiness I want. I'll be at school for five more years now, and that's five years living too far from him. I don't want to give up the dream I'm living, but maybe my dream isn't to be a nurse anymore, maybe something else is my dream...someone else.

"Elliott is going to be home," Jett says after picking his Lady Gaga playlist to play the rest of the drive home. "How do you feel about that?"

I shrug. "I knew he'd home."

"You haven't seen him in a few months."

"Did he get uglier?" I ask hopefully.

Jett shakes his head.

"Dammit," I mutter and start picking at my nails.

"What advice did Nora give you? Anything I should repeat for you?"

I glance out the window at the moving forests. "She thinks I should try to build a relationship with him again."

"What? Is she on drugs?" Jett asks. "That's like the opposite of what I'm thinking! I would've told you to key his car."

"Why would I key his car?"

"Because he's hot and messes with your right judgement!" he yells.

"I can chop his balls off for you," Vic suggests.

"Okay, thanks, I'll keep that option in my back pocket," I say jokingly.

"Why does Nora think you should try to be with him again?" Jett asks.

I shrug. "I don't think she means having a romantic relationship. She just thinks that not having anything with him leaves me empty."

"Do you agree with that?"

I don't answer, which is an answer in itself. Elliott was the first person I gave my heart to, as cheesy and stupid as that sounds; it's true. He was the first person I truly loved, after my mom broke my heart time after time. When you lose the person in your life who is your rock, it almost feels like you don't have a life worth living.

And so that's why my bad days were so bad. I'm so confused. I'm unsure how I am supposed to maintain a relationship with Elliott that is platonic after everything we've been through. I loved him with just about all I had, and it feels like I lost that. I just want to find my happiness again.

"Jackie texted me and said that they're leaving for Nora's pictures now. We'll have to go straight there," Vic says when we get off the highway.

We arrive at the flower garden just on time.

"Ives!" Flynn exclaims, picking my up by the waist and spinning me around. "You look so hot right now! Those bags under your eyes really accentuate the knots in your uncombed hair. And do I even need to ask? You're wearing my favorite designer, one dollar sale at Wal-Mart!"

I roll my eyes. "Aw, Flynn, I only look this bad because I wanted to make sure that you looked only a little bit attractive tonight for Nora's sake."

He sticks his tongue out as Nora shoves him to the side to give me a bear hug. She looks beautiful in her dress, a slim-fitting green dress. Her hair is in a half-updo and falls down her back in pretty waves.

"Nora, you're so beautiful. I'm going to start crying," I say and make her hug me again. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too." She holds my arms and stares at me directly in the eyes. "Don't look now, but Elliott is here and I want you to know that I asked Flynn not to invite him but per usual he ignored my request and I'm sorry."

I grab her arms to mock her stance. "It's okay. I can handle it."

"Okay, well... Okay. I trust that." She clearly didn't trust it as she slowly walked backwards to where the rest of the group is taking their pictures, her eyes not leaving me until the cameras started flashing.

I stand by my aunt and take pictures of the group with my phone. Soon enough, Elliott pops in the view of my camera making a goofy face. I put my phone down with a small smile.

"Hey," he says simply and stands next to me, also facing the prom group.

"Hey," I repeat and continue taking pictures.

"How have you been?"

"Good," I answer. "You?"

"Oh, I've been fine. Living with Atticus has been awkward though."

I nod, glancing at him through my peripheral vision. "I could imagine."

"He's dating Reyna now."

"Looks like he has a thing for dating your exes," I say curtly.

He smiles softly. "Looks like it."

"How's your family? I heard that my little JoJo has a girlfriend."

"Yeah, Ivory. How about that name, huh?"

I shake my head. "I swear, if that boy did it on purpose..."

"We all know he did," he says with a laugh.

I laugh too, unable to hold it back. "I can't believe him. Shoot, I miss him."

"He misses you too. All of the kids do. Beth actually asked for you the other day."

"Well, my name was like one of her first words so..."

"I'm sorry, but 'iee' is not a word, Ives," Elliott says.

I drop my mouth and turn to look at him. "You take that back right now, Kennedy."

"I won't take it back! It's the truth!"

I hit his arm playfully. "Shut up. You won't even let me have Beth's first words?"

"No, I deserve her first words. I raised her."

"I raised her more," I fight back jokingly. "She likes me better. I cleaned her diapers."

"Why would she like the person who wiped her butt more than the person who tossed her in the air and flipped her upside down?"

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe because she would rather be safe than at the risk of breaking every bone in her little body!"

"You always did have that stick way too far up your ass, didn't you?" He asks, his smile only widening.

I roll my eyes and turn back to look at Nora and Flynn. "It's not my fault that I had to be the mature one."

Jett steps in between us, throwing one arm over my shoulders and the other over Elliott's. "Hey, hey! What's up, my favorite half-sister and her ex-boyfriend?"

"Hey, Jett," Elliott says and pats his chest. "Looking good."

"Thanks. I wore my salmon pants to show off."

"Very classy touch," Elliott approves.

"Are you excited to watch our new movie tonight?" Jett asks. "Oh, Ivy, you have to come to the premiere."

"The twins set up a red carpet and everything," Elliott says. "It's legit."

"Do I have to wear a dress?"

"Well, what kind of movie premiere would it be if you didn't make it a formal dress wear type of thing?"

~~

It was legit. They transformed the entire house into a movie premiere. There were posters with Jett and Jonas' faces. They had Ethan taking photos of you as you walked in. They dimmed the lights, made an announcement, had both Jett and Jonas give speeches. I also had to sign a lot of autographs from the kids. Overall, I was impressed.

The movie was a bit strange. The plot was confusing, but there was a shirtless Elliott scene which definitely caught my attention. Addison and Mikey made fun of me for it. In the end, Crystal's character chokes on a watermelon seed and the screen fades to black.

After the movie premiere, Addison, Mikey, Elliott, and I sit in the kitchen talking while the rest of the kids play a board game.

"Nora looked so beautiful in her prom dress. I'm so jealous," Addison says. "If I can fit into it, I think I'll wear it for my prom."

"Green isn't really my color," Mikey admits.

"Then I'll have to find a new boyfriend," she jokes and pokes his cheek.

"I'd prefer you don't date," Elliott says. "Boys have cooties. Especially boys named Michael."

Mike smiles. "Don't worry, Elliott. I go to the doctor. I'm a healthy boy."

"Did I ask?" Elliott replies flatly. He turns to me. "But that advice goes to you too, by the way."

"I don't know any other Michaels," I joke.

Elliott sighs. "All boys have cooties except me. That's the end of the story."

"Okay, Li," Addison laughs. "I think you've had one too many overly protective brother drinks, bud." She stands up from the kitchen table. "Mike and I have a party to get you." She kisses my cheek before heading out the front door. Mike waves and follows her.

I plan on leaving right after them, since having awkward small talk with Elliott isn't my ideal Friday night.

"Who did you go to prom with last year?" Elliott asks, reigning me back in.

"I didn't go," I admit.

He raises his eyebrows. "You didn't go?"

"Nope. Who'd you go with?"

"I didn't go."

"You didn't go?" I ask almost humorously. "No kidding."

He smiles softly, staring at me in a way he always seems to do. "Then we have to go tonight."

"Excuse me?" I say, almost laughing.

"Yeah, let's do it. We're already dressed for it. You and me, Ives, let's crash a prom," he says excitedly.

"I am not crashing a high school prom with you, Elliott Kennedy."

"Ivy, come on! If there's one thing in life that you need to do, it's crash a high school prom with me."

I smile and raise my eyebrows. "Oh? Is that right?"

"Yeah, that's right," he says, leaning closer with a grin.

I press my hands to his chest to give him a push back. "Well, it's just not happening." I turn to grab my keys from the kitchen counter. "I'm hanging out with Levi tonight."

"Seriously? You're blowing me off to hang out with the one person I'm most threatened by?" he asks incredulously.

"I've had these plans with Levi for months. We're filming a Q & A video for his channel," I say.

Elliott rolls his eyes. "God, you two are so lame."

"You're the guy who wants to go crash a high school prom because--although you'd never admit it-- you peaked in high school."

He squints his eyes. "What did you just say?"

"You peaked in high school, Kennedy," I repeat with a mischievous smirk.

"Bull."

"Not bull. High school was your era of bad-boy-esque life. You walked around all rebelliously and angrily and such. The girls ate it all up. They loved the boy who ditched class to go kiss them in the janitor's closet. The boy who spray painted the f-word on the lunch tables. The boy who failed just about all of his classes because he was just too cool. You peaked. And now you're a boring working man."

"Damn, Ivy. If you wanted me to take you in the janitor's closet you should've just asked."

I cross my arms over my chest, hoping that the blush on my cheeks isn't too obvious. "I never wanted you in high school."

He bites his lip, his eyes raking my body. "But you want me now?"

Did it suddenly get hard to breathe in this kitchen? I'm not quite sure, but I don't think I should be feeling these things right now. I stupidly stand there and shrug. Yes, I shrugged.

"Go to prom with me, Ivy."

"We either go right now, or I'm changing my mind," I say in frustration.

Elliott breaks out into a grin and grabs my hand to pull me to the garage doors. We climb into his car and start our way to our old high school. This is absolutely insane to be doing right now, but I don't try to make him turn around. I always did have that stick way too far up my ass.

"They're going to think we're drunk or something," I whisper-scream as we approach the back entrance to the high school. "The doors are going to be locked."

"First of all, we're drunk on love. Thanks to Jonas' Beyoncé CD in my car. Second of all, I did break into the school to write the f-word on the lunch tables. I can get us in."

I bite back a smile as he tiptoes around the school to a chemistry lab. As if he planned it, one of the windows was cracked open. He lifts it the whole way and gestures forward.

"Ladies first."

"You just want to look at my butt, don't you?" I ask, my hands on my hips.

He smiles. "I'm a gentleman, baby."

I roll my eyes and climb in, laughing when Elliott comments, "nice butt." I make it inside and crawl on the floor before standing. Elliott climbs in after me and shuts the window. His hand immediately reached for mine, and I hold his.

We walk through the halls quietly, trying to hold back our laughter. The prom is being held in the gymnasium. There is no one standing at the door to usher people in, so we're able to easily make it to the dance floor.

I don't think I've gotten this crazy on the dance floor in my life, aside from my mom's second wedding. I had one too many kiddie cocktails that night.

Elliott makes me feel comfortable enough to dance like the cliche of nobody watching me. I'm throwing my hands in the air and jumping around and spinning and attempting the cha cha and the tango. I feel like a kid again, something taken away from me in the past few months of school.

"Let's slow it down," the DJ says into the microphone.

"I need some punch," I yell over the crowd, pointing to the snack area.

Elliott shakes his head and pulls me closer to him by my waist. "I'm not letting you use that lame excuse. Dance with me while you try to come up with something better, yeah?"

I press against his chest, my arms wrapping behind his neck. I look to the side in an attempt to avoid eye contact. I managed to escape high school without the awkward slow dance, yet here I am.

"I really have to pee," I try at my second attempt of an excuse.

"You peed two songs ago."

"I-I have to call my brother to tell him to close the garage door."

"I already texted him."

"I left my goldfish in the car!"

"Hey, I've used that one before, but it won't cut it tonight."

I frown. "Damn, I'm all out."

"You're already halfway through the song at this point. You might as well just enjoy the sexiness that is your ex-boyfriend rubbing his body against you while you dance around a bunch of high schoolers."

"You're so weird," I mutter, shaking my head.

"Don't tell me you don't love it."

I shrug.

He laughs and spins me around. "I love you."

We both stop dancing, our eyes locked. He said it accidentally, as if just speaking his mind. I feel my heart rate begin to increase. He doesn't need to hear it; he knows I love him too.

I pull his tie gently so he bends over. "Where's the janitor's closet?" I ask in his ear, dropping his tie and waiting for a reaction.

His eyes light up and he does a dorky dance before grabbing my hand and running out of the gym. I run behind him as quickly as I can in the long sundress and heels. He slows down in the hallway and comes to a stop at a random closet. Dramatically opening the door, he holds his arm out to escort me into the closet. He kicks the door shut behind him before picking me up and pushing me against the shelves.

Things heat up in all the right ways, though it'll probably all feel wrong tomorrow. I don't care in this moment. The only thing I long for is his touch. Our lips connect in a fire passion, our hands exploring, our hearts pounding. I don't want to leave this perfect, romantic moment ever.

"This is awkward."

We stop kissing, turning our heads to look at the couple standing in the doorway of the janitor's closet. Nora drops Flynn's hand and squints her eyes.

"What are you two doing here?" We all say at the same time.

Elliott grabs his shirt off the floor and throws it back on. "We were just leaving."

I nod and push past them, completely mortified. Elliott walks quickly next to me, his face flushed. I don't stop walking until I'm outside, not quite sure where I'm headed.

"Ivy, where are you going?"

I keep walking with a purpose but no direction. "I don't know."

"Okay, well, can you slow down? I'm a little... you know... excited right now."

I shut my eyes and turn to face him. "What are we doing? What was that?"

He drops his eyes from mine. "I'm not sure, Ivy."

"Well, this whole situation is a problem for me. I loved you until you broke up with me. But you only broke up with me because you wanted to help me get into my college. That's pretty messed up but also thoughtful and sweet, which are the same words I'd use to describe you."

He smiles ever so slightly.

I go on. "I think maybe I'll be with you again, but then I'm like no that'll be too hard to handle with six years apart of a huge distance between us. And then you get a girlfriend, but she broke up with you and is now dating the one person I almost moved on with."

"Ivy," he tries to cut in.

"So, here we are, almost having sex in a closet." I shake my head. "What does all of that mean?"

He opens his mouth, but I beat him to it.

"I'm still completely in love with you. You're my best friend, Elliott. I just can't be without you." I let out a shaky breath. "Whether that means we're dating or just friends or whatever, I can't be without you."

"Can I talk now?" he asks with a grin. I nod. "Okay. It's hard not having you in my life, Ivy. Just as I was that person for you, you were my person right back. Whatever we do, we can't go on not talking to each other. I don't know what it is you want from me, but I'll do it. I'll do whatever you want."

"But what if I don't know what I want?"

"Then I'll be here waiting for you to make up your damn mind," he says.

I laugh, for it seems to be the only thing I can manage.

"You want me to take you home now?"

"Yeah."

After driving back, we sit in my parked driveway for a few minutes. I'm not ready to leave his side just yet. He shuts the engine off after the tenth minute I waste sitting there.

"I think..." I pause to figure out what the hell is going on in my head right now. "I think we need to be friends."

"You really think so?" he asks in disappointment.

I nod. "You were my best friend before I learned to love you. Friends build trust, which is what we need to work on if we're going to make having a long distance relationship work for five more years."

"Oh, I get it. So the friendzone is essentially purgatory before we get our relationship back," he summarizes.

"Something like that," I say.

"I can handle that."

I raise a suspicious eyebrow. "You think you can resist all this?"

"I think you're going to have the harder time resisting all this," he says and gestures to his body.

"Game on, Elliott."

~~

AN:

and so the friendship begins. again.

"I'm back, bitches!!!" - A

my hiatuses have hopefully stopped since yes y'all I'm almost done with school!!! I hope to finish this story before summer ends. actually. mark my words, friends. I will finish this story by the end of summer.

I hope you enjoyed this oddly steamy chapter. it's probably the most steamy thing you'll ever read from me. and it wasn't even that steamy. they should've just been in a sauna tbh.

poor Levi he promised his fans that Q&A video Ivy better have filmed with him !!!!

I stayed up way too late writing this it's probably such a mess I apologize to all those who read this and are like wtf but deal with it lol

love you guys so much!! ❤️

•comment•vote•enjoy•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4.9K 15
After the combination of too much coffee and just the right amount of nerves results in her epically choking during the most important interview of h...
39.5K 722 20
Yandere child/teen x reader A rewritten version is on the way with so much more detail and more character development. It's still called My Amour, bu...
1.1K 24 9
Hannah is a young woman who has just finished her undergraduate education and wants to take a year off before her Master’s degree. She is offered a p...
280 2 36
This story is about a girl named Ivy who cheated death after a car crash with her family, but to let her and her family live once again she had to ma...