Alpha Rylan ✔️ (Published)

By Midika

*BOOK SIX* (Can be read as standalone) (OFFICAL REVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL ALPHA RYLAN. AVAILABLE NOW ON... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Eleven

69.9K 3.8K 1.3K
By Midika

Thank you so much for this gorgeous banner Ruby0301 I love it! (:

If you're interested in making a banner and getting a special mention, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2036

~Dawn

That night, I dreamt of when Rylan and I first met.

"It's our only choice," I hear her murmur lowly. I keep my head behind the wall, trying my best not to be tempted to look around the corner.

My father sighs. "She won't like it. They won't like it."

My nails dig into the wall. I know what they are talking about. It's only been a week since we first arrived in the Purity Pack, and they are already talking about shipping Lucy and I off to some boarding school at the end of the Pack. It makes me ill just thinking of being locked up in school to pray to a Goddess I don't believe in.

"It doesn't matter what they like or not," mother says insistently. "They come from the Desire Pack. They need to be raised proper from now on. They need to be put in their place.

My teeth grind against each other as I continue to clench my jaw. It's her idea to bring us here in the first place.

"Dawn will get mad, but she will get over it. Lucy is only nine, she won't be hard to convince," she adds. I can imagine her close to father, trying to convince him with only her dark brooding eyes that this is actually okay. That she can take his children away from him.

I decide to be brave enough to lean out enough to view the conversation.

My father is pressed back against the counter, my mother in front of him. For someone so convinced that the Moon Goddess is someone we need to respect, she acting awfully like a Desire Pack member. That's who we are. I don't know why she is so set on changing that fact.

"Dawn will hate us. You know she gets anxiety about being locked in one place for too long. She's different," Father tried to reason.

Stop while you can. I've tried to explain.

"Different won't cut it!"

I flinched back behind the wall at her yell. Those same eyes I inherited from her blazed with a hot poker into my mind. She is still the same. Does she seriously think moving to a Pack of virtue and religion is going to turn her anger off like a switch?

I've heard enough...

I've been planning this since I was first told we were moving from the Desire Pack to the Purity Pack. I'm going to take my sister, and we will escape. My plan isn't perfect, but we don't have much time. I won't feel safe until we are on the other side of this Pack's walls, and away from any risk of a boarding school.

I find her in her bed. Before waking her, I pack us some spare belongings in a backpack. She doesn't protest when I whisper what I heard in her ear and relayed what my plan was.

She's too smart for that.

Disappearing into the night was the easy part. We lived close to the border, and the shadows give good enough shelter for us. Alpha Rylan doesn't worry much about security around these parts...around any parts.

I had just hoisted Lucy up the wall when it had happened. I had underestimated him, and it came back to bite me in the ass.

As a line of Guards emerged from the shadows of the marketplace, Lucy had just managed to conceal herself. It was me against them, brandishing their weapons. It may have been only three of them, but it's enough for me to know I stand no real chance of escaping.

They didn't have to ask for an excuse from me. They simply slapped some handcuffs on my wrists and dragged me from the square.

"Why waste his time?" I heard one of the Guards utter as we walk down the cobblestone street, my feet stumbling along with them. I'm yet to find out where I'm going to be taken. I assume I will be questioned by a law enforcer who will find my parents and force them to take me straight to the boarding school before I can attempt to run away.

All the while, Lucy is still out there.

"It's about time he sees how much some people hate this Pack," another Guard replies. He leans down over me, pulling back the veil of dark hair I had been hiding behind.

"Where you from?" He questions. I glare back into his cruel eyes. "Vengeance? Desire?"

I growl in response.

"He's the Alpha. He doesn't have any interest in a young female trying to escape," the more sensible Guard muses. This guy pulling on my hair, dragging me by my arm should really take some advice from the others.

"Come on, he's just got back from his run," the Guard holding me taunts. "Let's humour him."

The Alpha runs at night?

I was dragged down a few more streets, the pushing at the shoving never ceasing, despite my willingness to comply. If I'm not let off now, I'll be sent straight to the school, and all my chances of every escaping and finding Lucy again will disappear. I've never met an Alpha, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to talk my way into innocence. He's the Alpha of Purity after all.

Well, here's hoping, I suppose.

The Alpha had in fact been on a night run in wolf form. He emerged from a small ground of his Guards that were protecting a tight corridor that must lead to the outside. His own personal runway to escape. Wish I had one too.

Clearly he had just shifted, otherwise you would never catch the Alpha of Purity without his shirt on around anyone else. Luckily, he enough time to put pants on.

I didn't pay much attention to his body, or at least, I tried my best not to. His eyes were what captured me.

He seemed surprised at my presence. I don't blame him. Why should an Alpha have to deal with an unruly girl trying to run away? The Guard's are probably looking to shame me in front of him so I would back to my mother crying? One day I'll be strong enough to retaliate against them.

When I escape, I'll come back for them

He stares at me, eyebrows furrowed. The darkness drifts around him, masking his face, accentuating the sharpness of his jawline and cheekbones. I could see the Alpha in him; an average male doesn't carry himself like that. He's clearly the embodiment of all that he stands for, and it's instantly intimidating.

"What is this?" he questioned, his voice thick and pure with an accent only derived from this Pack.

I want to cower away. If there is anyone who I can get in the biggest trouble with, it's an Alpha. Especially the one of the Pack I just tried to make an escape from.

"Thought you might want to deal with this one," the Guard holding me said with a guttural laugh. He shoved me forward, until I stumbled onto the ground, my knees hitting the hard concrete under me. I bit back a groan of complaint. Okay, that hurt my pride more than it hurt my body.

Rylan narrowed his eyes on the Guard, offering me a hand until I was pulled back up by the collar of my shirt. Back into the arms of the Guard I go.

"You know what happens to my Guards who play around with innocent girls," He said deviously soft.

"Trust me, she ain't innocent," the Guard mutter, pulling my hair back until i was forced to move my face back, exposing half my face to the pig. "Caught her trying to escape over the main wall."

I could see Rylan watching carefully. He didn't move though.

"Then she is the business of the lower Guards. They will send her back to her family," Rylan say gruffly.

He went to turn away. At that moment, I could have been taken away, and would have never found out. He had been done with me - a lowly, delinquent girl. Rylan would have gone back to being an Alpha, and I would have never crossed his mind ever again. The way he turned his back on me showed me clearly that he was discarding me.

The Guard just had to say something.

"Don't you think it would be good to punish her before she gets sent off to the boarding school? That way she can go crying to all the others there and scare them all off from ever wanting to escape this Pack," the Guard said.

Rylan paused, dark hair moving with him as he turned his head slightly. He didn't once look at me as he gave the Guard his full attention again. I kept quiet, just incase.

"And how do you suggest I punish her, Guard?" he questioned.

A wolfish grin covered his expression. "However you please, Alpha."

Then his gaze was on mine. It was direct, undeviating. There is something so unbelievably unique about the silvery blue colour that drew me in. I wasn't fazed beyond that point though. How could I be? He's an Alpha, of course I would be roped in.

"Why don't come here and I'll show these Guards that we treat people well in this Pack," Rylan says, a warmth to his tone that is almost too attractive.

Before I could move myself, I was ruthlessly shoved forward.

And that was how we touched.

His hands came out to grab mine, wrapping around my fingers. It was almost like an electrical outlet plugging in, as a multitude of undeniable sparks coursed through my fingers to the rest of my body. It gave me such a fright, I jumped back, but he was quick to remain ahold of me.

"No," I say quickly, a wave of emotions crashing on my beach of surprise in an instant. "No, this can't be."

I tried to push him back, but he moved to hold my shoulder securely. His face had confusion written all over it as he looked down at me, clearly trying to figure out how this could have happened. He may even have wondered why the Moon Goddess would have been cruel enough to do this to him.

"It's okay," he breathed, perhaps to soothe me as I continued to struggle against him.

Then I was ripped from his grip by an unknowing Guard. Instantly, I watched as Rylan's expression darkened, his jaw ticking as he anger crawled across his features.

"Let her go," he muttered.

"Sorry about her, Alpha," the Guard said, clearly now knowing what had just transpired between us. "We will send her to the lower Guards."

"No," he growled, and the Guard was quick to let me go. "That's my mate you were just touching."

At that moment, my mind was too clouded to think straight. Fathoming the fact that I had just found my mate, and he was an Alpha was impossible. It wasn't even my mind's choice as I darted to the left, slipping from all their surprised gasps as I made a run for it. It didn't take much to escape them. I had the element of surprise, and the shadows played into my favour.

From then, I wandered into the forest and began my new life.

Gasping awake, I clung to the first thing there, with its arms around me.

Rylan.

💙••💙

Want more and don't want to wait!? More of Rylan is available now on Radish!

Also feel free to check Asher out on Radish too! (:

❄️••❄️

Some backstory for you all.

I apologise about not updating yesterday. I'm getting behind on Radish updates so I'm giving myself some time.

Blame it on the winter slowly making its way back to New Zealand.

Writing with cold fingers is tougher than it may sound. I think I need to invest in some gloves...

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! (:

Snapchat: midikacrane

Radish: Midika

Facebook: authormidikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
27.2K 693 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
1.1M 44.8K 50
*BOOK ELEVEN* (Can be read as standalone) "There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, the touch of his fingers down my jawline, down my neck, a...
60K 1.4K 23
Reyna Maree is an abused girl who has a rough life. So when her mate rejects her, she is pushed to her limit. So she runs away and finds a new pack...