In the Dark

By Merrrrrrlin_17

Melanie and Sarah take a summer trip to England hoping to meet her favorite band. Will something change her m... More

In the Dark
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 22

4 0 0
By Merrrrrrlin_17

Where: London, Melanie and Louis' house

When: A week before Christmas 2015

'Louis, what's wrong?' I ask. He is crying and shutting me out.

'It's nothing'

'Clearly it isn't nothing. Somethings wrong'

He turns to face me. 'Fine. When I went to visit my mum for lunch, she told me she has Leukemia'

I hug him, and he puts his head on my shoulder. I listen to his soft sobs for a moment before asking 'how long did they say?'

He attempts to stop crying. 'About a year'.

'Louis, I know you're upset. And you have every reason to be. But right now, she is more scared than you are. We have to be there for your whole family'.

I wake up to Louis kissing me awake. I kiss him back before he pulls away. "Good morning" I smile with my eyes still closed. "What's the occasion?"

"Oh, nothing. Just surprising you with a little breakfast in bed" He places a tray over my lap.

"Louis, why are you being so sweet?"

"Because I love you" He smiles. "Any plans for today?"

"Probably just getting the gifts for my family. Are we still going the week of New Year's?"

"Yep"

"Fantastic. Do you want to go with me to get the gifts? Or should I invite one of the lads?"

"Maybe we can all go? I haven't seen the lads in a while. We can get lunch"

"Sounds perfect to me"

I finally get up and head to the bathroom. I decide to do a different style of makeup for today. It's more of the "traditional" style, but I've never done it. I take a beige shimmer eyeshadow and a chocolate brown and blend them together. I'm super happy with how it looks, so I head to the closet. I put on dark wash skinny jeans, a blue plaid shirt, a grey leather coat, and black vans.

I head downstairs to see Louis waiting on the couch. We head out the door and to the mall. When we arrive, we spend about 10 minutes trying to find Niall and Liam. Harry still hasn't arrived yet, so we do some shopping without him. I look through the stores and attempt to find something my family will like. "Just because they're my family doesn't mean I can slack off on their gifts".

"Are you still coming over on Christmas?" I ask the lads a little while later.

"Of course. We wouldn't miss it" Liam says.

"Good. I'm cooking so much food, I could feed an army"

*Christmas Eve, Louis' birthday*

"Happy Birthday Louis" His mum hugs him. "I can't believe my baby is 24 already." She turns to me. "Hi Mel, it's good to see you"

"Hi Jay, it's good to see you too." I hug her. "Please everyone, make yourselves comfortable. We have plenty of space. Let me know if you need anything"

As the family separates, Jay stays behind to talk to Louis. "Mel, can you give us a minute?" Louis asks.

"Of course, Lou. I'll go see if anyone needs help unpacking".

I head down the hallway to see who needs help. Lottie and Fizzy are carrying the twins. "Here, let me help you with them" I carry both of them to the room Jay will be in. We got two cribs set up since we knew they'd be coming. Lottie comes in soon after with their bags.

After I set the twins each in a crib, they fall right asleep. I cover them with blankets and give each of them a small stuffed animal. I head back down the hall to find Daisy and Phoebe sharing the room with bunk beds. "Do you need help with anything?" I ask them.

"Actually, yes. Could you help me figure out how to get up there?" Daisy asks.

"Sure. Basically you just climb the side. If you want, I can get the ladder"

"No, I was just making sure that'd be okay with you" she smiles

"Need anything else from me?"

"Not right now. Thank you so much"

I head back downstairs to find Louis and his mum hugging in the kitchen.

"What'd I miss?" I smile

"Nothing" Louis smiles

**Louis' POV**

Mel walks upstairs to help everyone unpack. "Mum, I know I haven't really had the chance to talk to you lately. But I am going to announce this part to everyone later. I've proposed to Mel."

"Louis, that's wonderful" she hugs me.

"Tomorrow I've planned something huge. I've planned a surprise wedding for her. It'll pretty much only be you guys, her family, the lads, and a few friends of hers.

"Louis, I'm happy for you" She hugs me again. Just then, Mel comes back down.

"What'd I miss?"

"Nothing" I smile at her. We show my mum to her room, and she unpacks her suitcase.

**Mel's POV**

I get back in the kitchen, and I begin preparation for tomorrow. As I go to the fridge, Bailey comes down the stairs hoping for a treat. I give her one, and she lays in the corner. She's so cute, I can't explain how much I love her. I realize I have to run to the store for some miscellaneous items for dinner tomorrow.

As I arrive at the store, I grab some potatoes for my mom's cheesy potatoes, I also grab some little things for salad toppings, then make my way home.

I notice it is a lot quieter than it was when I left, so I set the groceries down, and head upstairs. Louis comes out of our bedroom "Oh, I wasn't expecting you back so soon" He chuckles.

"Yeah. I only needed a few things. Wanna come sit in the kitchen with me?"

He comes downstairs, and I ask "So... Have you told your family yet?"

"I told my mum. I figured that we could tell the rest at dinner tonight" I smile at the response. "Do you need some help?" He asks as I reach for something above the cabinets.

"Yes please" I say. He reaches up to grab the Christmas dish I need.

"Before I give this to you, I need my payment" he smirks. So, I get on my toes to kiss him.

"Wow I feel short today" I laugh.

After about two hours, the turkey is defrosting, the cheesy potatoes are prepped, the mashed potatoes are prepped, and the salad is mixed. All we need to do tomorrow is heat everything up.

Another hour passes and Louis is opening some birthday gifts. "Well, now seems to be as good of a time as any" Louis looks at his family.

"What are you talking about Lou?" Lottie asks.

"I just wanted to tell everyone something. I've proposed to Melanie" I smile when he says that. I still can't believe he chose me. Out of the millions of girls he could choose, he chose me.

Everyone comes around and hugs me, saying their congratulations.

Eventually, we all head up to bed- ready for Christmas day.

**The next morning**

Louis and I are the first ones awake, so we head downstairs and begin making breakfast. "Merry Christmas Lou" I smile at him and hug him.

"Merry Christmas Love" he kisses me on the forehead.

One by one, his family comes down the stairs, ready to open their gifts. Louis and I did a lot of shopping this year for his family. We knew his mum didn't have that much time, plus she needed a break from it all.

Everyone opens their gifts from Santa, and they all seem very pleased. As I reach for my last gift, Louis says "You're going to have to wait to open that one until the rest of the lads get here" and smiles.

Confused, I set the box back down and begin wondering what it could be.

Once all the lads arrive, I give them their gifts. They are so difficult to shop for, so I really hope they like them.

"Thank you so much Melanie. This is absolutely amazing" Liam says as he opens his.

I open each of my gifts from them; I got heels from Harry, a necklace and earrings from Niall, and new makeup from Liam.

"Thank you so much lads. These are incredible" I hug each of them. "Harry, how did you know my shoe size?" I ask

"It helps when your fiancé is my best friend" he smiles.

Louis tells me it is finally time to open my last gift from him.

"This still isn't your last gift" he smiles.

I open the box, and see the wedding dress I fell in love with back in October.

"Louis, this is amazing. How did you get it here without me seeing it?" I ask, hugging him. He does something with his arm, and I hear footsteps coming downstairs.

"With a little help from us" Erin says.

I snap my head around and see my family standing at the base of the stairs. I look back at Louis and he smiles "Merry Christmas Mel"

I hug him again and walk over to my family. I give each of them a hug before asking "Not that I'm not happy to see you, but why are you guys here? I thought we were coming to see you next week"

"Well, Louis had this idea of surprising you for Christmas" my dad explains.

"And we couldn't miss it for the world"

"Could I have everyone's attention?" Louis asks in the middle of the room. "Melanie, 2 months ago, I asked you to be my wife. Today is that day. Will you marry me today?" He gets down on his knee and hands me a bouquet of roses.

I tear up and say "Yes Louis" He gets up and I hug him.

"Merry Christmas. I love you" he whispers to me.

"I love you too Louis" I whisper back.

A few hours later, Erin helps me do my hair while I work on my makeup. My mom is getting everything ready downstairs, and my dad is making sure the guys are getting ready. "Erin, this is a little short notice, but will you be my maid of honor?"

She smiles "Yeah. I would love to. I almost expected you to ask, so I prepared a little" she shows me the dress she packed.

Since we don't have a whole ton of space, the living room furniture is the seating for the ceremony. "Hang on Erin, I need to go find someone" I walk out of my room to find Lottie and Fizzy. "Hello you two. I have a quick question. Since Louis has three groomsmen, would you two like to be my bridesmaids?"

They share a glance and respond quickly "Of course" I hug each of them before going to finish getting ready.

Once I put on the dress and look at myself in the mirror, I can't believe it. Today is the day I marry Louis Tomlinson. Just then, I hear a knock at the door. Everyone is ready downstairs, and we are ready to begin. Since my dad is a licensed minister, he performs the ceremony. I walk downstairs to see Louis standing in front of the makeshift ceremony space. Next to him is Harry, followed by Niall and Liam. Lottie, Fizzy and Erin are standing up near them, waiting for my mom to walk me down the "aisle".

As I approach Louis, I can feel the tears dwelling in my eyes. My mom takes a seat next to Jay and the twins. The most important people of my life. In one room. I smile and look across at Louis. He takes my hands. As my dad asks for vows, he asks Louis to go first.

"Melanie Leigh Davis. When we first met, you were just a fan of our music. Then we got to know you. I realize that you were a one in a million type of person. I couldn't let you get away. The moment I knew I loved you was when you didn't try to take advantage of meeting One Direction. You wanted to know the real us. You didn't care that we were all celebrities. You love us, you love me who who I am. When I say you are one in a million, I mean it. You give so much to so many people, and yet you take so little. That's why I've surprised you here today. Because I knew you wouldn't want to spend so much money on yourself. Here is my chance to give back to you. I love you, Melanie"

My dad looks at me to say my vows. "Louis William Tomlinson. Age: 24. Favorite Food: Probably Carrots. Those are the things I knew about you when I met you as a fan. After the time I've gotten to know you I can say that you aren't the person people thought you were. You aren't this stuck up celebrity who thinks he's entitled because he's in the world's most famous boyband. You are the most genuine, down to earth, loving, caring man I've ever met. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. Everything from meeting me backstage, to helping me recover from surgery last summer, to right now. There's so much to thank you for, and I can't even begin to express how much it means to me. So, thank you Louis. I love you."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see my mom wipe a tear from her eyes.

"Louis, do you take Melanie to be your wife?"

He smiles at me "I do"

"Melanie, do you take Louis to be your husband?"

"I do" I smile, without breaking eye contact with Louis.

"It is with great honor that I announce you husband and wife. Louis, you may kiss your bride"

Louis hugs me and kisses me like it's his last kiss ever. " I now present Mr. and Mrs. Louis Tomlinson"

We play some music so Louis and I can have our first dance. But, not before I have the father/daughter dance. Louis decides to dance with his mum during this song as well. We chose I Turn to You by Christina Aguilera. After that, we all dance as a big family.

One by one, everyone comes up to us and congratulates us.

After we are done dancing, we are all hungry. I change out of my dress into some nice clothes, and everyone changes back into their clothes from this morning to eat Christmas Dinner.

We all sit around the table. My dad stands up to make a toast.

"Johannah, you've raise a fine young man. For Melanie and Louis, the happy couple. Merry Christmas everyone." We finally sit down to eat.

Niall, Harry and Liam approach me before they leave.

"Thank you guys so much. I'm sure Louis had you all involved somehow" I smile.

"Yeah. I was in charge of the ring" Niall smiles

"I was in charge of the dress" Liam smiles as well.

We all look at Harry. "I had the easy job. Keeping you distracted leading up to Christmas so Louis could get everyone here"

"That explains so much. Especially when you called me to come over. When I got there, you just wanted to know which wrapping paper to use" I laugh and hug him.

"Seriously, this was fantastic. Thank you so much" I hug Niall.

As I hug Liam, he says "It was no problem at all. We love you"

**Later that week, after the families have gone home**

"So, Mrs. Tomlinson, what would you like to do today?" Louis asks when we finish up lunch.

"How about we get our honeymoon started?" I smirk.

With no time in between, I hear Louis come up behind me, turn my body around and start kissing me. "I've been waiting all week to hear you say that" he murmurs. 

**********************************************

It's been a few weeks since I've updated, but I really wanted to take my time with this chapter. I'm not sure how much more there will be, but there will be at least one more chapter. I hope you all have enjoyed it. I love you guys! 
~Melanie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 2 1
4.4K 105 33