I Was The First Mockingjay (F...

By ihatemyselflmao98

Before Katniss there was me. Before The Girl on Fire there was The Girl Alive. Before the District... More

I Was The First Mockingjay
I'm Going Back (Ch.1)
The Girl Alive Is Back (Ch. 2)
Training And Scores (Ch.3)
President Has Big Plans (Ch. 4)
Ceasar Got Quite The Show (Ch. 5)
The 69th Hunger Games (Ch.6)
The 3rd Quarter Quell (Ch. 7)
Ahead Of The Game Or Not (Ch. 9)
What. The. Hell. (Ch. 10)
We're A Team Now (Ch.11)
We've Been Waiting For You (Ch.12)
I Know (Ch.13)
Time to Take Back Our Lives(Ch. 14)
Welcome Back (Ch.15)
I Make This Up As I Go Along (Ch.16)
Tomorrow's The Day(Ch. 17)
AUTHORS NOTE
It Had To Be This Way (Ch.18)

He's Kicked It Up A Few Notches (Ch. 8)

7.5K 197 60
By ihatemyselflmao98

Finnick had gone in to the water and sat in the shallow area. I sighed and looked at him.

"What's wrong Aria?" Peeta asked as he came to sit down next to me.

I scoffed and kept looking forward. "Did you ever think your life would be like this? I mean did you ever think as a kid things like this could happen to us?"

"No. But I don't think any person planned for this."

"The President did. He's planned this for a long time coming."

"Ya well Snow isn't really a person he's more of a monster." Peeta said nudging me.

"Ya that's true." I said looking at Finnick again.

"Why do you keep looking at him?" Peeta asked looking at me quizzically.

"I don't know."

"You know he loves you right?"

"You can't love someone like me. I'm toxic. Besides, you can't fall in love with someone in this short amount of time." I said still looking at him.

"You'd think so right? But, love makes you do crazy things. Makes you say crazy things. Makes you feel crazy ways. Love is just-"

"Crazy." I said smiling at him. "Why have you been so nice to me from the beginning?"

"I guess we always have a soft spot in our hearts for our first crush." He said laughing.

"Shut up." I said laughing. "I'm gonna go see how he's doing." I say motioning to Finnick. Peeta just nodded as I went over.

I sat down beside him in the water. "I'm sorry about Mags, Finnick. I should've gone with you guys. I could've helped."

"No. She wouldn't have lasted very long either ways. She's in a better place now."

"Anywhere is better than here." I say playing with the water.

"I don't know about that. I mean when your sitting next to me smiling, this place doesn't seem half bad." He said grinning at me.

I just smile back. "I guess it's okay with you around." I say leaning on Finnick.

"Okay happy couple we need to go get some food." Katniss said to us standing behind us.

"Ya you're right." I say getting up and walking towards the forest.

"Wow Katniss way to ruin a moment." Finnick said from behind me.

"This is the Hunger Games. This isn't time for you to find love." Katniss said clearly annoyed with Finnick.

"Easy for you to say. Shouldn't you be with your star-crossed lover?" He said mocking her.

I turned around. "Both of you knock it off! Johanna," I said turning to where she was lying in the sand. "Keep and eye on Wiress and Beetee while we're gone. Don't do anything stupid Jo." I warned her. She rolled her eyes and went over to the District 3 tributes.

"Let's go." I said leading the way with Peeta, Katniss, and Finnick.

We made our way in to the forest. Everything was pretty ordinary. I felt two hands go around my waist.

"Finnick stop it! Now isn't the time for this!" I said continuing to walk forward.

"Time for what? I'm just holding on to my girl." He said in to my ear.

"First of all I'm not your girl. Second of all you're a really grabby person aren't you."

"First of all according to all of Panem since the interview night you are. Second of all," He leant down to kiss my neck, "you have no idea."

"Finnick." I said turning around to face him as Katniss and Peeta passed us.

"Aria." He said in the same tone. Smirking at me.

"You're infuriating."

"And you're intoxicating." He said wrapping his arm around me.

I bit my lip. And turned around continuing to walk behind Katniss and Peeta.

He groaned and lurked behind. "You know one of these times your going to give in to me."

"Finnick you're only hurting yourself by trying to get to me."

"That's a chance I'm willing to take for you Aria."

"I know." Is all I said before I heard screaming ahead of me.

"Aden?" I heard the scream again and began running.

"ADEN??" The hot tears were already rolling down my face as I ran forward.

I heard Katniss screaming for her sister behind me. I kept screaming out Aden's name.

"ARIA, KATNISS IT'S NOT REAL!" Finnick and Peeta were both screaming. I was taking short breathes and running back towards Finnick and Peeta grabbing Katniss along with me. The noise was so loud at this point I couldn't focus on anything. I slammed in to a force field that was blocking me from Finnick. I covered my ears and kept screaming.

Finally, the noise died down and the force field disappeared. Finnick wrapped me in his arms and he wiped my tears. I was breathing heavily.

"I thought it was him." I said chocking on my words.

"W-Who's Aden?" Finnick said looking at me hurt.

"My brother." I replied standing up. Finnick simply nodded and wrapped his arm around me.

"We have to keep going." I said looking towards Katniss and Peeta. They all nodded and we kept walking.

At this point we were all dehydrated. Katniss wiped out a spiel. We drank from that and took a break. We all relaxed by a little pond. We took a short nap until I felt a tap on my leg. I opened my eyes and saw Finnick with his finger over his lips.

I looked at him confused. He motioned in front of me where I heard a low growl. I turned and came face to face with a mutant monkey showing his teeth to me.

I kicked Katniss and she woke up to see the same thing as me. We all backed away.

"Guys what's happening why are you all up?" Peeta said getting up rubbing his eyes.

"Peeta, I'm going to ask you to make no sudden movements and back away slowly." I said quietly. Peeta lifted his head and was I'm level with another monkey.

I slowly took out a knife from my pouch. "Run!" I screamed as I slashed the monkey in front of me. Many more came from the shrubs. We kept fighting them earning scrapes and cuts. We all started running back towards the beach. We were getting to the beach when I turned around to see Peeta on the floor.

"Peeta what the hell are you doing?! Get up! I said running to him. At the moment the monkey jumped in front of a tribute jumped out of the bushes and blocked the hit. Getting herself killed.
I grabbed Peeta and kept running. We both rolled on to the beach panting hard.

"Who the hell was she?? Why did she do that?" Peeta asked me. Finnick helped me up.

"Her name was Emilee Santez from district 9." I gained a strange look from everyone. "I make it a point to know everyone's name not just their number. They were all just people before they were tributes."

"The President really stepped it up a notch this year." Katniss muttered.

"Ya he definitely has." I responded. "Hey go see if Johanna and the others are okay." I said to Katniss and Peeta.

"Wanting some alone time with me?" Finnick smirked.

"Yes so that I could tell you that this needs to stop. We are in the Hunger Games Finnick this isn't going to work so stop trying you can't do this." I said crossing my arms.

Finnick's eyes flashed to an angry look. Before I could say anything he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him slamming his lips on to mine. The kiss was full of heat, anger, and want. He brought the hand that wasn't on my waist to my neck pulling my face even closer to his. I pulled away and looked at him.

"What did I tell you about telling me what to do." He said smirking. "God, I've wanted to do that since the minute I saw you at the tribute parade."

I blushed, "Finnick why did you do that? You just made everything 100x more complicated!" I stomped my foot trying to regain my composure.

"Stop pouting Aria. Every time you pout those sweet lips of yours it only makes me want to kiss you senseless. I don't care about the games. I want you and this might me the only time we can ever be together."

I don't know what possessed me to do this but I grabbed his neck and pulled him down to my height, placing my lips on his. He quickly responded to the kiss. I tangled my hands in this hair and he wrapped his arms around my back drawing me closer. He licked and bit my bottom lip begging for entrance. But, being the tease I am I denied him. His hands slipped down and grabbed my butt.

"Finnick!" I gasped. He took this moment and explored my mouth with his tongue. This kiss was beyond blissful. I pulled away breathing hard.

"I knew you were the one for me." He said smiling at me.

I shook my head laughing.

What the hell were we doing? This is the Quarter Quell! Talk about a show for the viewers and the President.

Finnick dipped his head down for another kiss.

"Hang on there tiger. That's enough kissing for now." I said laughing.

He groaned, "Come on one last one?"

"Not this time buddy." I said kissing his cheek.

He growled at me and stood up straight. "Fine you win this one."

"Tick tock! It's a clock! The cornucopia is a clock! Wiress knew the whole time!" We heard Katniss shout from the other side of the beach.

I smiled and started running over to everyone. I yelled in the air, "THANK YOU NUTS!"

A/N: Not edited! They finally kissed!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 8.2K 30
Lyanna was from district 11, despite the poverty she was always cheerful. At age 14 she won the 68th annual Hunger Games and became a capital sweethe...
32K 2K 65
In a Panem that followed a history different from what we know. In such a world, tributes are pulled from the same pool, and so in addition to being...
32.7K 997 36
**COMPLETED** Victors. Taken... tortured... brainwashed. Rebels. Angry... fighting... ready for battle. Snow. Prideful... torturing... killing. The...
7K 118 13
"One, the Princess of Panem. Extremely dangerous took out sixteen tributes during her Games. Do not underestimate." "How is she a weakness then." "...