One Minute, And The Next || l...

By WastedHoran_

Meet Riley Harper. She is the girl you hear whispers in the hall about her alcoholic mother, and father who i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (Part 1)
Chapter 20 (Part 2)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 13

840 16 1
By WastedHoran_

After 'times up' was called I back away from Dylan and our almost connected lips. I clear my throat and look down, "Uh, I... I'm with Luke" I hesitate to say. I know that Luke and I aren't really dating but I don't know how much longer Luke wants me to keep up this act.

"How did that happen?" He asks, but I couldn't really read his expression. He seemed surprised, but I wouldn't really blame him if he was. Luke and I didn't look like a couple, not even at first glance so I understand his confusion and surprise at my statement.

"It just did..." I say, not knowing how to explain a relationship that wasn't even real.

"I didn't think you were actually with him." Dylan responds.

"What makes you think I'm not with him? I mean, I came with him to this party tonight and I kind of kissed him before." I ask and point out. I thought I was doing a decent job at being a fake girlfriend, but Dylan didn't believe it. I'm hoping everyone else did though.

"Yeah well, I thought you just kissed him to make me jealous." He says and chuckles, scratching the back of his neck, something he did when he was embarrassed.

'I did.' I answer in my mind and just now I realized how wrong it was of me to use Luke just to make Dylan jealous. I mean, technically Luke is just using me to win the stupid bet or whatever with his friends. Also, I don't think Luke minded one bit that I used his lips as revenge and by the look on his face afterwards he was pretty satisfied. "No." I laugh fakley, "No, I am really with him..." I repeat.

I see what almost looks like a frown from Dylan but he just swallows and nods. "Yeah, cool... He's a cool guy. I um, just... be careful. I know Luke." He says, scratching the back of his neck again.

"I will. I mean, I kind of know him too... and I know he's been with a lot of girls, but I'm not stupid." I justify. I could tell he didn't like the idea of Luke and I, but to be honest it isn't his business, fake relationship or not.

Dylan simply nods. "I just don't want you to get hurt." He says softly, looking down into my eyes. I repeadlidly reminded myself that I hated him. I hated him.

"Oh the irony in that one." I say and sigh. "I'm fine... Okay? I'll see you around." I say, giving him one last look before walking out the door and back downstairs.

I swim through the crowd of people and find Luke in the kitchen, talking with some people I didn't know. "Uh, hey." I say, standing next to him.

"Hey." Luke answers, dismissing his friend. "What happened?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What isn't wrong in my life?" I retort and look down; taking a deep breath trying to clear my head but the loud music only crushes that hope that I will get peace.

"Come." Luke says, grabbing my hand and leading me back into the crowd. Before I know it, I feel cold breeze and realize we are outside. I shiver and stumble slightly, a little tipsy from the drinks I had tonight, but thankfully I wasn't drunk. Luke opens up the back door of his car and grabs a jacket from the back seat, closing the door, and putting the jacket around my shoulders.

"Thanks." I say and he opens the passenger door for me before walking over to his side and starting the car, turning on the heat in the process. "Can we um... Can you take me to yours, if that's okay?" I ask hesitantly. "I really don't want to go back home right now." I add and he nods.

"I was going to take you there anyways." He answers and smiles softly, starting to drive. I open up the glove compartment, where I had put my cigarettes in before we got here, and open up the pack, taking out one and lighting it. I open up the window so let the smoke out so I wouldn't torture Luke. I take a long drag, facing the window and close my eyes. I feel the wonderful breeze contrast with the heat from the car. I let out the smoke and it fades away out the window. I take another drag, closing my eyes this time, glad I finally got a bit of silence. "You know, you really shouldn't smoke." Luke says, glancing over at me.

"There's a lot of things that I shouldn't do..." I answer, taking another drag and glancing over at him. "It's not really your life, is it?" I say, raising one of my eyebrows at him. He nods, and I hear him sigh, pulling up to the curb of his house. I flick the cigarette out the window and pull up the window, stepping out the car and closing the door, following Luke into his house. "Where's your mom?" I ask.

"She got stuck with the night shift again." He answers, heading to his kitchen and pulls out a couple bottles of Jack Daniels along with two red plastic cups. He walks past me and up the familiar stairs to his bedroom; I take that as a sign to follow him, so I do. He sits down on his bed, leaning his back against the headboard. I sit down at the end of his bed, opposite of him, leaning by the footboard. He hands one of the empty cups to me and I hold it in my hand as he opens one of the bottles and pours it until my cup is full, and does the same with his.

"What's this for?" I ask, gesturing to my cup.

"We're gonna play a little Never Have I Ever." He says, looking up into my eyes, surprised to not see his famous smirk plastered on his face. I was a little confused on why he was being a little serious, rather than his usual, cocky, sort of funny and annoying personality.

"Alright." I sigh and sit up. "Shoot."

"Never have I ever kissed someone to make my ex jealous."

Oh.

Luke raises his eyebrow slightly, waiting for me to admit the answer I know he already knew. I sigh, "So we're going to start just like that." I say and nod, taking a sip of the drink, feeling it sting a bit on the way down. I take a breath, "I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it in a bad way, its just... He can't just fucking show up like he did. And anyways, you wanted me to kiss you tonight in front of your friends, so I did." I defend myself, even though everything was still just so wrong. Luke just simply looks down at his cup, not answering me. I sigh, "Never have I ever purposely broken a girl's heart." I say, studying his face as I waiting for an answer. I took this as an opportunity to get information from him, which he normally wouldn't freely tell. But if he was going to do it to me, I should only return the favor. I see Luke's jaw clench slightly before he pulls the cup up to his mouth and takes a gulp. My eyes widen in surprise, although, I know I shouldn't be surprised at all... it's Luke, different girl every week. I wait a few more seconds, waiting for him to explain.

He sighs, running his fingers through his messy hair. "She was new to the school, really quiet. Her name was Stacy. My friends thought it would be funny to make a bet..." He says and I roll my eyes. "I don't even remember what it was for, but she wound up falling for me a little more than I hope she would have. After I slept with her, I pretty much won the bet and I broke up with her." He says, looking down. Good. I don't want to look at him right now. How could he just do that? I mean, that is horrible. Even for him. I've heard these things around school but I never really cared for rumors. And what's even more horrid is that all the girls in school don't care about all that stuff, they still want him. Him and his stupid self. I swear all those girls are brainless and I'm starting to think I'm just like one of them for doing this stupid deal.

"Never have I ever done drugs." Luke breaks the silence and changes the topic.

I scoff. "Are you seriously asking me that?" I answer, and he shrugs before we both take a gulp of our drinks.

"Never have I ever been in love." I say, curious to see his answer as I take a quick sip of my drink. To my surprise, he didn't move his cup from its position on top of his knee. "Really?" I ask, "You've never actually been in love with any of the girls you've been with?" I add.

He shrugs, biting his lip. "No, I mean. I don't think so. That sappy shit doesn't matter to me."

I roll my eyes and take a breath, "Okay, your turn." I say, sure that he was really heartless now.

He stays quite for a few seconds, and I wasn't sure why. It seemed like he didn't want to ask what he was about to. I wait a few more seconds before he traces the rim of his cup and begins to speak. "Never have I ever kissed someone in this room, and actually didn't hate it." He says, and catches my eyes. I swallow the air that got caught in my throat when he caught me off guard by his statement. My eyes don't leave his as we both raise our cups and take a gulp of the strong liquid. His expression isn't surprised, nor cocky and confident like I would expect. He looked like he didn't buy it. But why would I lie, the whole point of the game is truth.

Luke decided he wants to explain first. "I didn't hate it. How could I? I wanted you to kiss me, so hell yes I enjoyed the little bit of it I got." He says, and takes another gulp despite the lack of a question. He gestures for me to speak, and I take a breath before I do.

I look down, darting my eyes around the bed. "I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. I mean... my mind wasn't really focusing on it, you already know that..." I say looking back up at him. "But, I am kind of surprised I didn't throw up right after." I joke and see the slightest smile tug up at his lips, only attracting a small smile on my face as well.

(Yay! This chapters a little longer! I kept my promise ;) And I'm sorry that I took almost a week to update, I had a very busy week, but I will try and squeeze in some more time to write. I just wanted to say thank you for all the support you guys have given me for this story. I work really hard on it and I really appriciate every read,vote,comment,and follow I get! <3 Thank you all <3 )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 52 18
Talya Grey is a good girl. She does all her homework, she gets straight A's, and has a babysitting service. Luke Hemmings is a bad boy. He drinks, h...
101K 2.9K 33
(Y/N) (L/N) a new student. She got bullied at her last school, because of her voice. Because of the bullying she diceded to stop talking, even if she...
164K 4.5K 34
After a bad breakup, Alyssa swears off relationships. Until she meets Michael Clifford, that is. {Started - August 2014} {Completed - March 2015} Cre...
12.4K 238 21
Michael Clifford and Isabella Williams are rebels. Her parents don't like him. They find out a way to be together, even if it means sneaking out. The...