Lights, Cameras, & Harry Styl...

Autorstwa xSnowKiss

Harry Styles will be playing your love interest. Those were the words Amber dreaded to hear. With a lot of ba... Więcej

Prologue
1: Parties, Food, & Harry Styles
2: News, Consequences, & Harry Styles
3: Trouble, Hatred, & Harry Styles
4: Rants, Madness, & Harry Styles
5: Concert, Lies, & Harry Styles
6: Donuts, Revenge, & Harry Styles
7: Movies, Popcorn, & Harry Styles
8: Dinner, Laughs, & Harry Styles
9: Showers, Directors, & Harry Styles
11: Trips, Beaches, & Harry Styles
12: Beers, Confession, & Harry Styles
13: Cereal, Laughs, & Harry Styles
14: Bonfires, Marshmellows, & Harry Styles
15: Hangovers, Titanic, & Harry Styles
16: Cream, Fettuccine, & Harry Styles
17: Reconnections, Jealousy, & Harry Styles
18: Insomnia, Bonding, & Harry Styles
19: Walks, Surprises, & Harry Styles
20: Games, Carousals, & Harry Styles
21: Realization, Emma, & Harry Styles
22: Cinnamon, Tweets, & Harry Styles
23: Makeup, Scenes, & Harry Styles
24: Texts, Takeout, & Harry Styles
25: Friends, Rubbish, & Harry Styles
26: Risks, Apologies, & Harry Styles
27: Tea, Films, & Harry Styles
28: Cake, Falling, & Harry Styles
29: Lunch, Calls, & Harry Styles
30: Planes, Reunions, & Harry Styles
31: Cupcakes, Kisses, & Harry Styles
32: Family, Bars, & Harry Styles
33: Cars, Mistakes, & Harry Styles
34: Snogs, Decisions, & Harry Styles
35: Truth, Niall, & Harry Styles
36: Tears, Goodbyes, & Harry Styles
37: Dreams, Moments, & Harry Styles
38: Limos, Premieres, & Harry Styles
39: London, Coffee, & Harry Styles
40: Endings, Beginnings, & Harry Styles
Epilogue
The Soundtrack
Author's Note

10: Balconies, Tears, & Harry Styles

384K 4.9K 875
Autorstwa xSnowKiss

-Harry-

"Harry Styles and Amber Skywood are the hottest new couple in Hollywood. These two can't seem to get enough of each other! They were seen coming out of a movie theatre in LA and were both caught laughing it up at a nearby steakhouse not much later. Hollywood director, Paulo Glass, got up close and personal with these two as they acted out a scene for a new movie.

"They had real chemistry." Paulo observed. "Amber's always been a fabulous actress and this being Harry's first time; I was quite surprised at his talent, to tell the truth. For a minute there, I almost forgot they were acting."

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. After the incident at the People Magazine party, we thought these two were nothing but hate. It seems like Harry and Amber went from pulling at each other's hair to falling head over heels-"

I flicker off the TV, sighing as I lean back on the couch.

"Why do you even watch that shit?" Amber asks as she flops down on the couch beside me. She's holding a bag of SunChips, munching on the chips happily. Her blonde hair's pulled back into a ponytail and she's sporting a Beatles t-shirt with her Green Four Leaf Clover pajama pants. It made me think of Niall. I miss the lads loads. I just wanted to be back in my flat with Louis. I wanted to go back to the freedom I had. This apartment with Amber... this wasn't freedom. I can't say I hate Amber. Somehow all that hate and dislike has...disappeared. Amber may feel no different about me, but I definitely no longer hate her. It seems impossible too. Even though sometimes she gets on my last nerve, I find it hard to despise her. Maybe it's just the guilt again. Yeh, that must be it. I feel guilty from everything that went down in grade school. That must be the reason.

I stand up, walking past Amber without giving her a second look.

"Where are you going?" She questions as I hear the sound of her turning the TV back on. All I do is shrug, strolling into the bedroom and towards the balcony. I haven't been out here. It feels nice and relaxing, something I'm in massive need of. I take a seat on the floor, resting my arms on my knees. The wind caresses my face, blowing through my curls. I close my eyes, enjoying the moment. The feeling was surreal. It almost made me think I was back in Holmes Chapel. I've never felt so homesick. With the boys, it felt like home was always with me. But here with Amber? Home's never felt so far away.

"What's up?" Amber's voice startles me. I don't turn my head or open my eyes though. I just stay still, listening as Amber takes a seat beside me.

"Tired, 'is all." I lie, opening my eyes but continuing to stare ahead. Silence drifts between us, making me wonder if Amber was still here or not. To check, I sneak a peek at her. She's staring ahead. By the way her eyebrows were bunched together and her lips were pursed, I knew she was thinking hard. What could she be thinking so hard about?

"You miss home." Amber blurts, breaking out of her thoughts to turn to look at me. A look of surprise falls on my face. How could she possibly know?

"I know how you feel." She continues. "At least you were recently in Holmes Chapel. I haven't been there in almost three years."

Oh, I think. I'd forgotten. She's from Holmes Chapel too. We were neighbors, for god's sake. How can it have possibly slipped my mind?

"I miss my mum." She blurts and I watch her eyes begin to water. "And...and my dad." I furrow my eyebrows, watching her curiously. Being her neighbor for almost three whole years, I don't ever remember seeing a father figure around her. It had always been just her and her mum.  So where's her dad?

"If...you don't mind me asking," I begin to say slowly and cautiously. "Where's you dad?" Amber fiddles with her fingers and I can tell she's struggling to hold back tears. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

"He's..." Amber swallows. "He's been in a coma for seven years." I'm no longer sure of what to say. I just stare at her sympathetically, not clue as to what to do.

"I was eleven." Amber continues, wiping away an escaped tear. "He was driving back from work. I was waiting for him to get home. He'd promised me to take me to some carnival that I had wanted to go for days. I was excited, waiting for him to get home so we could go." Her voice cracks but she doesn't stop, pausing every now and then to wipe away a few tears. My heart sunk seeing her like this. She's never looked so vulnerable; so helpless. Not that day at the theatre, not any time before. She's never looked as weak as she does now.

"All of the sudden my mum gets a call and we're driving to the hospital. I had no idea what was going on. Then I saw him... My dad." She lets out a sob, burying her face in her hands. I'm about to reach over, to comfort her by placing a hand on her shoulder, but I hesitate, drawing it back.

"Mum said he'd wake up soon." Amber manages to continue on, lifting her face out of her hands. "But...he never did. I'm still waiting...and waiting...and every day that goes by, I just continue to lose hope."

My own eyes are beginning to tear up. I try blink away the tears; I try to keep myself under control.  But as more tears begin to roll down Amber's cheek, the more guilt and the more sympathy I feel. I don't let myself hesitate as I slowly drape an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. Amber buries her face into my chest as she sobs. We've never been this close before. Not once. It was strange. It was...unusual. But it felt oddly comforting.

I just continue to sit there, my shirt becoming soaked from Amber's tears. But I don't care. I leave my arm wrapped around her, my own tears beginning to slowly slide down my face. I'm not sure how long we sat there. Amber cries eventually died down and her eyes began to close. I, on the hand, can't fall asleep. I hadn't realized the mistake I made a long time ago. Until now, I hadn't realized what I'd lost. The worst part? I never cared. Not until now, at least.

-Amber-

When I woke up the next morning, I was warmly wrapped in my covers on my side of the bed. The morning light hit me hard, forcing me to squint as I prop myself up on my elbows.  I glance over at Harry. He's fast asleep, snoring softly into his pillow. Images from last night flash back into my mind, causing me to feel guilty. I don't know why told him about my dad. It's something I hated to talk about. Something I never told anyone. Not even Carly. I'm supposed to hate Harry. I'm not supposed to be telling him something so private. It was obvious he didn't know how to react. I'm surprised he pulled me into his chest and just let me cry. It was weird. I hadn't been expecting it.

I slide off the bed, stumbling to my feet. Almost instinctively, I hug my arms to my chest. Why was it so cold in here? My eyes flicker over towards the balcony door that had been left wide open. That's why.

I drag myself over, silently sliding the door shut and making sure to lock it. Harry doesn't even stir, his snores rising and falling. I tiptoe out of the room, closing the door behind me. I'm about to step into the bathroom when the doorbell rings, startling me. Who on Earth could that be? Probably Carol, I assume as I make my way towards the front door. I unlock it, twisting the knob and pulling it open.

"SURPRISE!!"

My mouth drops. There stands Louis, his arms open with Liam, Niall, and Zayn behind him. Shit, I curse mentally. Why hadn't they called or something to say they were coming by? Now here I stood, just woken up, looking like a bloody mess. My hair was probably all over the place and my eyes were most likely swollen from all the sobbing last night. Not to mention that I was in pajamas.

"Hey...guys..." I manage to say, still a little surprised. "C-come in."  They do, grinning at me as I close the door behind them.

"Cool trousers." Niall compliments, grinning down at my Four Leaf Clover pajama pants.

"Thanks." I reply, a yawn quickly following.

"Is Harry still asleep?" Louis asks, smirking.

I chuckle and nod, pointing in the direction of the bedroom. "He won't even twitch."

"I've got it." Louis winks, turning away and disappearing down the hall and into the room. I was almost itching to go watch if it wasn't for the three other boys.

"So, what's up?" I ask them in attempts to make conversation. Both Zayn and Niall turn to look at Liam as if waiting for him to speak. What's going on?

Liam smirks, draping an arm around Niall. "We came by to tell you to pack up."

I look at him questionably. "Pack up?"

A large grin spreads across Niall's lips. "We're heading to a beach house in Malibu for a few days and there's no way we would go without you and Harry."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

67.2K 598 21
Louis Tomlinson only wants the best in life for everyone; so when unexpected feelings arise for his best mate Harry Styles, what’s he going to do? Wi...
14K 317 19
Larry Stylinson is back, and this time dealing with the stress of being as famous as they are! Stress wedges in between Louis and Harry, as well as t...
5.1K 121 8
Harry was 16, Louis was 18. They fell in love. They started dating when they were at the X-factor and it was the perfect love story. But not every lo...
2.5K 83 15
“A soul mate is like a best friend but more. It’s the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It’s someone who makes you a b...