FF - Plot twist

By itsPTP

The story picks up from the terrace scene because what happened next breaks my heart every time. More

Chapter 1 - With you
Chapter 2 - Love? Yes
Chapter 3 - Marry me
Chapter 4 - I cannot
Chapter 5 - What?
Chapter 6 - ASR is back
Chapter 7 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 8 - Helpless
Chapter 9 - Misfired
Chapter 10 - The truth
Chapter 11 - Introspection
Chapter 13 - Father-in-law
Chapter 14 - The Past
Chapter 15 - Plan
Chapter 16 - The execution
Chapter 17 - Evil gone forever
Chapter 18 - Goof up
Chapter 19 - Closer than ever
Chapter 20 - Shagun
Chapter 21 - Engaged
Chapter 22 - The row
Chapter 23 - Sheesh Mahal
Chapter 24 - Captive
Chapter 25 - Missing puzzle
Chapter 26 - Mending broken pieces
Chapter 27 - Healed
Chapter 28 - Her surprise
Chapter 29 - Sherry Magic
Chapter 30 - Reunion
Chapter 31 - Heartbreaks
Chapter 32 - Peace
Chapter 33 - Your name
Chapter 34 - An awkward day
Chapter 35 - Mr and Mrs Raizada
Chapter 36 - Are you okay?
Chapter 37 - World, meet Mrs.ASR
Chapter 38 - The Honeymoon
Chapter 39 - Love you for you
Chapter 40 - Souls entwined

Chapter 12 - The Confrontation

11.2K 491 45
By itsPTP

“Hai re NandaKishore!! Hey, Garima, where are you going now?” Buaji asked Garima, seeing a Pooja Thali in her hands.

Jiji, I’m just going to the temple.”

“I can see that, but in this weather? It could rain anytime.”

“I know. I want to do a pooja for our family, especially for Khushi. She is being so lost lately.” Garima said looking at Khushi, who drank herself into oblivion.

Buaji nodded saying, “Yes, you are right. These days she is being all silent, totally unlike her. Or she will just immerse herself in work by sewing, designing some outfits. She needs to go out. Do one thing, take her with you to the temple. It will be a change.”

“I asked her to come along but she refused.” Garima replied.

“This is strange. The girl who jumps in first to go to temples, doesn’t wish to go?” Buaji thought outloud.

“May be she is worrying about the alliance with Arnav babua. We will talk about this with her after I return.” Said Garima, exiting their house.

“Are you taking an umbrella with you?” shouted buaji.

“Yes, I am.” Came a reply.

Mumbling ‘Hai re NK’, Buaji entered Khushi’s room. She felt sad seeing her Sankadevi all calm. Reaching her, she placed a hand on her shoulder causing Khushi to startle a bit, bringing her out of reverie.

“Oh! Buaji aap. Do you need something? Has babuji taken his medicines?” shot Khushi.

“Yes, he has taken his meds.” Bua replied calmly.

Khushi just nodded with her eyes downcast.

Heaving a sigh, “Bitiya, what are you doing in the room alone? Come to the hall and watch TV. Aren’t you feeling bored? Why are you being all silent? I miss my crazy Sankadevi.” Joked buaji to which Khushi gave a weak smile.

“I wish to be alone for sometime, buaji. You know, to clear off my mind.” Khushi said.

“Arre! How will you clear off your mind  if you remain closed like a cocoon? You should have gone to the temple with Garima. What happened, too occupied in your thoughts that you have no interest in visiting your Devi Maiyya?”

“It’s not that! I…I cannot go to temple today.” Mumbled Khushi.

“Ohh!” exclaimed buaji, understanding her problem. “Still you should go out and roam around the streets.” Buaji gently tugged Khushi to get up.

“But the weather….” Khushi protested.

“Uff don’t fuss around. *Giving her an umbrella* Now go out and enjoy in your favorite weather. You eat Kulfi, Jalebi, Chana, Golgappa anything you want, and I won’t say anything even if you dance in the rain. Just don’t come back home with this dull face. *pinching her chin* It’s been many days since I saw your bright twinkling, mischief eyes.” 

Feeling all loved, Khushi hugged buaji and exited their house.

After she left, buaji made some tea for herself and sat in the living room, knitting some clothes.

“It’s really good thing that Khushi once again started tailoring and clothes designing work. Otherwise, it would have been difficult to run this house with just my pension.” “Okay, Khushi does good designing works, but not upto my standard, of course.” She praised herself.

Making herself seated on the sofa in the most comfortable position possible with a cup of tea within her reach, she turned on the TV and resumed knitting as she watched random news channels. But a knock on the door along with a ‘Is anyone there?’ disrupted buaji’s blissful environment. Cursing, she attended the door only to find a sales man.

“Maam, I am sure you need..” he started.

“We don’t need your vaccum cleaner, chopping board, clothes, mobiles, books, toys, storage boxes or anything!!! If any of you sales people show up at my doorstep one more time…” she left the sentence incomplete, and he got the meaning.

He soon galloped out of laxmi nagar.

Slamming the door shut, “These people don’t see any other house or what!! He was the 5th sales man that came to my house today.”

Before she could take a few steps, the door bell rang once again. Now determined to strangle whoever the person was, she yelled opening the door.

“HOW MANY TI…..Oh, Latha ji. You. Sorry, I thought someone else. Come in, come in.” She apologised the lady and invited her in.

“How are you, Madhumatiji?” Latha asked.

And then the old friends talked for about 30 minutes from India’s burning issues to the daal they burnt when they were young. Buaji walked her to door and gave directions to the address she asked for.

“Why don’t you come with me? It’s been so long since we all friends hung out together. Suji and Roja are at savitri’s place. You and Savitri would meet often as you both live in same area. They would be happy to see you.” Latha did not request but almost ordered.

“I can’t. No one is home and Shashi is alone. I have to look after him.” Buaji declined. She already was impatient for Latha to leave.

“Arre! Don’t say no. Come with us just for five minutes.”

“No, Lathaji. How can I leave my brother alone at home?”

“If you are not coming with me then I won’t talk to you ever.” She blackmailed.

“Please do that favour!” buaji thought extremely frustrated but decided to go half way to their friend’s house and quickly return, getting rid of that stupid clingy friend.

Locking the door, she hid the key behind their secret pot for Khushi in case she would take time to get back. Latha nearly dragged her despite the drizzle that had just started.

Using the chance, Shyam sneaked out of his hiding spot and entered GH. He wobbled to Shashi’s room. Knocking down a flower vase, he smirked slyly as  Shashi woke up with a startle.

“Namaste, Mausaji!” Shyam greeted.

~*~*~

After leaving their house, Khushi decided to take a stroll in a deserted area near Laxmi nagar as she still felt like being alone. The chilly breezes, the dancing of leaves and the peaceful ambiance did bring a small smile to her lips. She savoured her solitude. This seclusion was much needed to clear her head and worries, lest she might distress her family.

Looking up at the sky, “Hey Devi Maiyya! What do I do? Am I doing the right thing by concealing Shyamji’s matter? Should I tell Arnavji and everyone? No, Shyamji might harm anyone. He is a vile person. This must be hidden. And the Raizada’s family will fall apart. They can’t take in the grimly truth.  *Releasing a deep breath* But am I over worrying? Indeed Shyamji must be out of their life but….. Am I being a coward?!! Ahh! Devi Maiyya, please tell me what to do. Show me a way!” Khushi prayed.

As if listening to her insoluble dilemma, Devi Maiyya granted her wish. She decided to make Khushi choose what her heart wanted to do. So, she sent her sage to put Khushi out of her misery. But the sage here was not a calm and wise person, instead, he was a hot headed devil.

Halting the car right before Khushi, Arnav got down breathing fire. Before she could grasp the situation, she was pushed into the car, was secured by the seatbelt, was taken to an isolated area in the outskirts of Delhi, dragged out of the car and was caged in between Arnav and his car.

Gaining her voice back, “Arnavji? What are you doing? Why have you brought me here?”

“I need answers, Khushi. Some serious answers.”

She gulped at the extremity in his tone.

“I just got to know about Shyam, his betrayal to our families. Payal and Nk disclosed the truth. So, now be a good girl and give me the answers without lying.”

Being confronted in the face directly about the issue she had been worrying for weeks, she was more than astounded. Nevertheless, she decided to face it. Now or never!

“Was Shyam the person lived in your house as a Paying Guest?”

“Yes.”

“You got engaged to him without you or your family knowing that he was married?”

“Yes.”

“You broke your engagement after knowing his true identity. Despite practically being a member in our family for months, neither you nor your family had any idea of Shyam being Di’s husband.”

“No.”

“Regardless of you warning him to stay away, he still is harassing you.” Now these are no more questions but plain statements.

“Yes.”

“He tried to kill my di.” He stated, clenching his fists and his eyes all red.

She just nodded in yes feeling the same pain.

“And yet you were determined to keep hushed up. Why?” he raised his voice at the end.

“I..I’m sorry Arnavji. I…”

Banging the car with his fists, “Sorry? Do you even have any idea about the magnitude of the situation!!! You always blabber every nonsense in the world, right? Then what happened now? Why did you keep shut? WHY?” he asked grabbing her shoulders.

“I…I don’t want to tell you because..if the truth comes out….everyone would..would….”

“Everyone would what??!!” he held her tighter.

Tears formed in her eyes with his steel grip. She struggled to break free but that caused his hold grew stronger. Unable to bear anymore, she pushed him with all her force and took a couple of steps away.

“Yes, I hid the truth because I didn’t want Anjaliji to break down. I didn’t want to see you glum. I didn’t want your family grieve with his betrayal. I didn’t want the peace in your house to disrupt. I cannot see you all suffer, your happiness all crumbled, which is why I remained shut!” She nearly yelled.

“And you let us all live in an illusion that everything is fine, when in real he is a life threat to my di and everyone.” He spat furiously.

She understood his anger. “I thought if I stayed away from him, he will eventually forget me and won’t be a danger to anyone anymore.”

“Oh, so, that was the reason you were hell bent on leaving Delhi! For your kind information, he is still obsessed with you. You keeping distance from us didn’t help one bit, thank you.” He said sarcastically. “And yesterday he devised another dangerous trap for di. I don’t know if I should be happy that di is safe or feel remorse that payal had been his victim this time.”

“What?” came a dumbfounded whisper from Khushi.

“Yes.” Then he explained her what took place in RM the previous night.

Dropping down to her knees, she broke down into tears. Seeing her weeping like that, his heart bled. Kneeling down, he placed an arm on her shoulder. She leaned against his chest and wept more bitterly.

“I am such an imprudent person, right, Arnavji? Really foolish of me to think everything would be okay with the passing time. I have put our families in danger. I am such a bad omen in everyone’s life. You are right, that was a cowardice on my part to having chosen to run away instead of facing it.” She whimpered.

Taking her in an embrace, “No, Khushi. You are not a bad omen neither you are a coward. You are a person who gives importance to people’s emotions, where as I am straight forward. You cannot see anyone suffer, and I, never care about anything.” He consoled her. His anger melted when Khushi started cursing herself.

“But see what happened. You unconsciously gave him a chance to change but he didn’t. Top to that, he had hurt Payal. I got to know about his true face just hours ago and I believe he is a vicious man who will harm anyone. But you have known him for months and yet you decided to remain ignorant.” He chided her.

“I’m sorry…..I can never forgive myself if…. if anything happens to anyone.” she said, still sobbing.

“Tell me one thing, Khushi.” He said raising her face towards him. “You told NK everything. But why not me?”

“Because I was afraid to see you in pain. I know, if a matter concerns di, you will be the one who gets affected the most.” She said, her eyes all filled with love which brought a small smile to his lips. “Besides….” She trailed off.

“Besides, what?” he asked in confusion.

“I was sure that you would not believe me. You always hated me, never listened to me, right? So, why would you believe me,? A middle class girl I am.” She expressed in a low tone.

Arnav closed his eyes in anguish for hurting her so much in the past. He could​ never forgive himself for making her go through all that pain. Now it’s time for her to know how much she meant to him. How much he loved her. How much he regretted for saying all those things to her. How much he wanted her in his life. How much he was looking forward for their future together.

Now’s the time!!

Khushi swayed in his arms a bit which alarmed him.

Maybe now’s not the time!!

He gently shook her asking, “Khushi?Khushi, what happened? Are you okay?”

“I..feel light headed.”

He lifted her in his arms as it began to drizzle. Only then he noticed how much weak and pale she looked, and how weight-less she felt.

“How many days has it been since you ate properly?” he asked irated as he made her seated.

“I don’t know.” Came a feeble reply.

“Damn! She has been suffering for many months all alone. I shouldn’t have shouted at her that much. As usual, I failed to understand her selfless thinking.” He thought.

Even though he knew this dose was nothing compared what he used to be. Old ASR would have skinned her alive.

“Now that’s a change!”

He drove off to Laxmi nagar, placing Khushi’s head on his shoulder who dozed off due to all the mental exhaustion.

Pulling over the car at the deserted lane, he turned to wake Khushi up. Seeing dark circles and pale face, his heart twisted.

“I now got a clear picture why you kept rejecting me, to save me from that creep. *Smiling lightly* I love you, Khushi.” he thought as he bent and gave a loving kiss on her forehead.

She shifted in sleep with a small smile feeling the kiss. He patted her cheek which woke her up completely.

“Khushi, you go now and first eat something.” She tried to ask something but he cupped her face and said, “Don’t over think even now. I will think what should be done. You take care.”

“Thanks for trusting me, Arnavji.” She mumbled and stepped out of the car. Waving her hand, she left.

~*~*~

At the same time in GH, Shyam took steps menacingly and sat in front of Shashi. Shashi’s eyes were shooting daggers at Shyam but he just shrugged them off. He could literally feel the cursings under Shashi’s loathful gaze.

“How are you feeling? Are you recovering well?” Shyam asked placing an arm roughly on Shashi’s hand.

“I don’t care now, because in a few moments you will be going up to God.” He tightened his hold.

Shashi wasn’t able to feel his paralyzed hand but he could feel the pressure building up and the thudding of his heart.

Letting go of the hand he grabbed a pillow and said, “Forgive me for doing this. But this is needed to get Khushiji. After your death, she will be mourning you, I will then get close to her again, then I will kill my dear Rani Sahiba, and later Khushiji will marry me.”

He slowly revealed his stupid plan and held pillow over Shashi’s face tightly. Shashi was unable to do anything and after a minute of struggle, he felt giddy due to lack of oxygen. Still not giving up, Shashi stayed strong thinking about his daughter’s life, Anjali’s life and his determination to let out how vicious Shyam was to everyone.

“One minute more!” That was all he kept on repeating.

“Just die already!!” Shyam muttered hoarsely, applying more pressure on the pillow.

Suddenly he heard someone entering the house. Throwing the pillow aside, he hid himself in the room. Realising it was Khushi, his heart leapt with joy. She searched for Buaji in the house and finally went to her room to find her. Seeking the chance he slipped out of GH.  

Arnav stayed there till he saw Khushi entering her house safely. At the same time, the drizzle turned into heavy rain. He could barely see the road. So, decided to wait till the rain lessened. But even in that dense rain, he could see a man exiting GH. Upon recognising who the man was, he was shell shocked.

Shyam galloped while staggering in the opposite direction. So, he did not see Arnav.

Sensing something fishy, Arnav stepped out of the car and quickly reached GH. He was about to enter when he heard Khushi’s piercing scream. He rushed to where the cry came from. Bursting into the room he was thunderstruck seeing Khushi crying over Shashi while shaking him.

                                                                  ##########

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 18.4K 36
He hated his past not knowing it will lead him to LOVE and his REAL IDENTITY AND TO HIS MOTHER AND RIGHTFUL PLACE. SHE wished she was dead after her...
18K 859 4
The name is same, but not the plot. Read and enjoy. Like, comment and share.
85.4K 9.8K 22
A second chance at life. A second chance for her to put herself first. A second chance for him to win his love back and make his family pay dearly...
37.2K 1.2K 5
Here I will post all the one Shots I write on Arshi..