Lesson Learned {Student Teach...

Від WhiskeySeattle

My whole life is 'have to.' I have to work full-time to pay the bills and keep food on the table. I have t... Більше

Cast, Playlist, & Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 40

5.1K 189 39
Від WhiskeySeattle

Will looks like a male order movie star standing on the Gotlieb's doorstep and beaming at me like he'd waited all day for this very moment. His tailored jacket and dark wash denim embraced his athletic frame and complimented the hint of emerald in his dreamy eyes. 

"Moira," Will's sharp inhale sets off those dang butterflies inside my chest. "You look beautiful." 

"So do you," I wince and shake my head. "I mean, you look great, too." 

Will chuckles and steps over the threshold to pull me into his arms for a strong hug that made my joints melt into goo.

"Congratulations, Moira," his deep timber tickles the inside of my ear. 

"I couldn't have done it without you," I mutter into his shoulder. 

WIll's heady cologne, the press of his toned body against mine, and the brush of his breath on my tingling skin had my mind and my pulse on the fritz. 

His large hand caressed my jaw to bring our lips together in a passionate kiss that I could feel all over. Will's breath hitches in his throat as he pulled me closer to deepen our embrace. 

"That's all I could think about on the way over," Will murmurs on my lips and lightly rests his forehead on mine. 

"Great minds think alike," I sigh and cling to his coat to enjoy the pleasant shake of Will's laughter.

"Let's get out of here," he threads his fingers through mine and guides me over the doorstep toward his Volvo parked at the curb. 

Sitting in the passenger side seat of Will's car is a box of a dozen long-stem red roses along with an ivory card in his confident penmanship. 

He rests the unexpected gift on my lap with a dashing smile and a playful wink. I plucked the little card out of the satin ribbon-wrapped box to read his inscription. 

'Congratulations, Moira. I can't wait to see what you do next.'

Tears gather at my lashes as I open the box and lean over to inhale the sweetly floral aroma of the velvety rose petals. 

"They're stunning, Will," I whisper as soon as he's seated next to me. "Thank you." 

"You are stunning," he reaches over the gearshift to trace the curve of my cheek and gaze into my eyes. 

He's backlit in the glow of the moon and it's highlighting the attractive stubble on his chiseled jaw. 

"Where are we going?" I ask. 

Will's full lips pull into a coy smile that agitates the butterflies in my belly. 

"It's not a celebration without cake," he answers cryptically and starts the car.

We wind through Auburn until Will parks next to a quaint little wood-shingled house that's been turned into a coffee shop and bakery with live music. 

It's cozy inside and buzzing with activity with lots of tables fitted around a low stage where a two-man acoustic band is entertaining the audience. 

After we take our place in line Will laces his fingers through mine again and smiles at me like he's proud to be able to do that in public. 

"What can I get you?" The young woman at the cash register openly ogles Will when it's our turn. 

"I'll have a decaf cappuccino and two of whatever confection this lovely lady would like," Will replies and turns to me. "Moira, would you like anything to drink? This place does coffee and looseleaf tea." 

I glance nervously up at the menu but decide to go with my usual order. 

"I'll have a mocha please," I smile at her. "Oh, and two streusel cinnamon coffee cakes, too." 

The girl behind the register taps at her screen with long pointed nails that resemble dragon talons and a pained expression. 

With our drinks and our slices of cake in hand, Will and I find seats far enough away from the stage that we'll be able to hear each other. 

He helps me out of my coat and hangs it on the back of my chair before sitting across from me at our tiny table. 

"So, Moira," he clears his throat as I greedily sample the scrumptious coffee cake with my fingers. "What's next for you?" 

"I still plan on finishing college," I mutter and chew my bite as discreetly as possible. "I was going to keep working at Mike's while taking online courses after transferring my credits, but those plans are kind of up in the air." 

"Oh yeah?" Will lifts a structured brow. 

"Yeah," I shrug and take a tentative sip of my mocha. "I know it sounds selfish, but I don't want to wait around for my mom to get out of rehab. I want to focus on my future and I don't think I can do that in Auburn. I was thinking about maybe transferring to the University of Washington in Seattle." 

"That's my alma mater," Will smiles. "You'd really like it." 

"What about you, Will?" I ask. "What are you going to do now that the quarter is over?" 

"Now that I'm out of a job?" Will chuckles genially. "I don't want to go back to teaching, that's for sure." 

"Why's that?" 

"You know, I took the job because I wanted to inspire young minds to question and create," he tells me as Will's hand finds mine under the table. "Instead, I wound up grading papers all day and conforming to a boring curriculum while making a pretty laughable paycheck."

"I thought you were pretty inspiring," I told him. 

"I'm not complaining," Will's thumb stroked the top of my hand tenderly. "Because teaching brought me to you." 

A blush spreads from my chest to my cheeks as I duck my head and sip my coffee. 

"Plus, your mom's case has reminded me how much I love the law," Will's blue eyes are sparkling. "So, I think it's time I move on and accept  a few interviews with some firms in Seattle."

I gasp and look up from my bite to be sure he's not joking. 

"Is that too much?" Will's sea-tossed eyes burrow into mine. "I don't want to pressure you, Moira, but I really see a future with you." 

My heart explodes into a gallop behind my ribs as I try and remember how to breathe. 

"I've never felt this way about anyone," Will continues. "I woke up the day that you walked into my classroom and I fall harder for you every time we're together."

"It's not too much," I shake my head to blink the tears out of my eyes. "I'm just trying to process all of the emotions and the change. You're amazing, Will." 

Will scoots closer to rub my back while we finish our treats in happy silence. 

My feelings for Will are growing by the day, too, but I can't express that as eloquently as he just did. All I can do is melt into his strength and enjoy his intoxicating musk of cologne and coffee. 

"It's getting late," Will purrs into my hair. "And I think you have work in the morning, correct?" 

"Yup," I sigh. "At eight AM." 

Will helps me shrug into my coat as soon as we stand up. 

"Are we still on for Tag's show tomorrow night?" Will asks while we're making our way to the door. 

"Oh, definitely!" I exclaim, tunneling into my coat to hide from the icy wind outside. "And I don't have to work the day after, so I can stay out as late as I want!"

"Noted," Will tosses me a wink over his muscular shoulder that sends a shiver into my panties. 

On our short walk to the car, my ears are echoing with Keri's warning about my old lady drawers.

I don't know when Will and I are going to do the deed, but I sure as heck don't want it to happen in my comfy cotton briefs. 

I keep imagining our naked bodies together on the ride home, which makes it hard for me to make any sort of conversation. There is a good chance that I might black out the first time I see him without his shirt on.

Will seemed lost in thought on the drive, too, so I just stared out at the empty streets rushing by. 

Ever the gentleman, Will walked me to the Gotlieb's front door after our date. 

"I had fun tonight," he says softly, reaching up to tuck a lock of hair behind my ear. "I can't wait for tomorrow." 

"Me too," I whisper and hold up my box of roses. "Thank you, Will. For everything." 

"Sweet dreams, Moira," he leaned in and gently kissed my left cheek, then, my right.

Then he kissed the tip of my nose.  

Will saved my lips for last, covering my mouth with a gravelly moan. The urgency of his kiss set fireworks off behind my eyelids and crumpled my knees. 

I combed my fingers through his silken hair for a little tug and tilted my head to slip my tongue between his lips. 

Will's arm tightened around my waist to crush me to the planes of his well-built body. Even through all our layers, I could feel the God-like perfection of his powerful frame.

"Goodnight, Will," I pant sheepishly when I finally managed to pull away.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.4K 102 4
"Lost Friends To Lovers" Dad told me real love happens once and when it does, never hide your feelings. Too bad, he told me late. I held them and los...
Deeper Від anya jayvyn

Романтика

38.3M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
2.5K 244 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
536 205 29
"I like him. So what?" Liking someone isn't a big deal until it's your very first time!!! That very first puppy-crush where you legit experience each...