Fairytale

By SheLovesRabbit

Everyone said that, our relationship of Calyx Arvueva is like a Fairytale. An almost perfect relationship. To... More

Introduction
Flashback: Childhood Days
Revealing The Secret

Fairytale

17 3 0
By SheLovesRabbit

Fairytale

(AFTER NINE YEARS)

Zinnia's POV:

Everything had changed.

Even my feelings for him had changed.

What exactly happened for the past nine years?

He chose to obey my Grandpa after they talk inside that office room.

And you know what happened next? Well, He just dump me like a trash over my family's wealth.

Now, he's staying in England for good, I think? I don't care what he's up to.

"Hi, Zinnia! Flowers for you!" Viel greeted as I entered our house. I smiled in my surprise. He's really sweet.

By the way, I already moved on. In fact, tonight is our Engagement Party of Viel Fajardo. That is what my Grandpa wants nine years ago right?

I'm just obeying him yet he treats Viel as if he don't like him for me. Like what the hell.

"Thank you, Viel. I love you!" I said and it was true.

Viel is a very nice guy. I can feel it and I can see that he's really sincere with his feelings for me.

We've been together for four years but something's different from his eyes. It looks like he's suffering in pain. But why? Why would he suffer in pain? It all started last month, after he talked to my Grandpa through phone about our engagement.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Are you still mesmerized by my charm?" I joked as I flashed my infamous smirk.

He didn't laughed nor smiled as the usual thing he does every time I was joking around but instead, he just hugged me tightly to the point that I can already feel his heartbeat. It was too fast.

"I am always mesmerized by your charm, Zinnia. You know that." He started. I don't know, but I can feel that he's very uneasy right now. I can hear his soft and silent sobs. He's not okay.

"What's the matter with you, Viel? Are you crying?" I asked while trying to be free from his hug to see his face, but I failed. He's strong enough to hug me more tightly. I'm starting to be uneasy too.

What's the problem with him?

"I'm rich. I owned different famous companies. I can buy anything expensive for you, even if it was all worth of billion dollars. But I realized that, money can't buy your love for me." I frowned when I heard what he said.

"What are you talking about?! Are you doubting my love for you, Viel?" I asked full of disappointment. He shook off his head as a response before he continue what he was up to.

"In this story, You are the Princess and I am nothing but only a supporting character. It's not that I'm doubting your feelings for me. But the fact that I am scared. Scared of losing you once you meet him once again. It was clearly said that, I'm not your Prince Charming. It was always him from the very start..."

"This night is not Fajardo-Ferrer Engagement Party, It was actually Arvueva-Ferrer's Engagement Party. Anyway, Don't get mad to your Grandpa, okay? Mr. Ferrer is very nice. He'll do everything what's the best for you, remember that. And I think we're going to bid our goodbyes now 'coz your Prince Charming might be here a few hours from now... So, I'm letting you go now, Zinnia. Goodbye and take care of yourself," He said and kissed my forehead. His eyes was full of tears. How can he be hurt like this?

~*~

I came back to my senses when someone suddenly hugged me tight from behind. "You're still gorgeous as you are for the past nine years, Zinnia," I froze. That voice... That familiar scent of him.

I can feel my heart pounds. What kind of feeling is this? I'm already over with him right?!

'Tell him to let go of you, Zinnia!' I whispered to myself. But I just can't. I can't move... Maybe, I fell again from his spell.

"I miss you, Mi Amore..." he whispered in my ears.

"Let go of me, Mister. My fiancé will be furious if he saw us like this and as much as possible I don't want that to happen..." I lied. Viel already broke up with me last two hours ago.

"I won't let you go, Zinnia-"

"It's all over between the two us. So get your filthy hands off me!" I said with a disgust in the tone of my voice.

But I think it doesn't have an effect on him. Instead, he just smirked and said, "I'm going to win your heart back. You're going to love me again, mark my words, Miss." He said and was about to leave when I answered, "Let's see about that. That won't be easy as you think it is Mr. Calyx Arvueva." I said with full confidence.

He left me once and never shall he deceive me once more. It's time for you to feel the pain I felt when you left me, Calyx.

He turned and faced me, locking up his gaze directly to my eyes. His hazel colored eyes, his pointed nose, and his thin lips mesmerized me again.

This can't be happening!

He lifted my chin, making me look directly to his eyes. "Things are different now Zinnia. I did this not only for myself but also for you. This was for the both of us. What I did was something that changed you so much and I'm sorry for that. But I promised that I won't disappear again because this time, I won't let you go and whoever block my way, I'll crush them even if it's your so-called fiancé." He said with full authority in his voice.

He changed. This is different from the Calyx that I used to know because this is Calyx Arvueva, a successful businessman who owns a lot of famous company in the whole Asia and a man who's competent.

I was taken aback from his words when he speak again, "I always love you and never had I forget you. You're still my one and only Zinnia. I came back to retrieved what I once owned and now, I can say that I'm worthy to stand beside you because I've proved myself that throughout nine years I've become a better person and a better man." Without avoiding my gaze, he tilted his head and just a split second. Our lips met.

Once more, I was captivated by him.
I realized that no one can ever replace Calyx even Viel who I thought I fell in love with. It was just an infatuation for me. I never loved him - it was just a friendly love after all.

This is what we called Fairytale.

You cannot attain real happiness without experiencing hardships and trials in life. There would be always a hindrance between the princess and her prince.

It may be their parents, friends, and sometimes destiny. In my case, it was my grandfather who loves manipulating people's lives. And what can you expect? I was one of his pawns.

It all ended by a romantic kiss. We may have faced a lot of trials but still, destiny finds its ways to get us back together.

"Hey, can I say I love you?" Calyx asked while looking straight in my eyes.

"Why not my future husband?" I said.

He smiled and kissed me again and said, "I love you Mrs. Arvueva. Forever will be, forever will may."
This is what we called my so-called Fairytale. Because in the end....

We lived happily ever after.

~ THE END ~

================================================================

Author's Note: Hello guys! Thank you so much for reading my short story, for supporting it 'til the end. And as a promise, I will be already updating A Walk Down Memory Lane! :) I hope you could also support my other stories! Thank youuu! <3 ~SheLovesRabbit🐰🐇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
4.1M 199K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
24M 834K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" โฆ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...